Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1133316 times)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year One: Reclaiming the Drunken Depths]
« Reply #1230 on: January 09, 2013, 05:04:16 pm »

So, what's the new title?
As far as I'm aware, the current fort is still going? Things have slowed down a little and gotten confusing (paradox) since the holidays, but it'll pick back up once people start feeling that their New Year's resolutions are overrated ;D

Actually, RenoFox abandoned and started a new fort since the river one had crashed on three people in a row, including him, heh.  So we're at a new site.

I can't wait to get my drunken claws in it, heehee.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1231 on: January 09, 2013, 05:11:28 pm »

So, what's the new title?
As far as I'm aware, the current fort is still going? Things have slowed down a little and gotten confusing (paradox) since the holidays, but it'll pick back up once people start feeling that their New Year's resolutions are overrated ;D

Actually, RenoFox abandoned and started a new fort since the river one had crashed on three people in a row, including him, heh.  So we're at a new site.

I can't wait to get my drunken claws in it, heehee.
Definitely overlooked that somehow. Probably drunkenly. Gonna have to update the page! But Reno never got back with any Decrees... If he played for a year, he's entitled to one. Oh well, we can still play without it if he doesn't get here with a Decree first--easier on the next overseer's liver :P

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 09, 2013, 05:49:10 pm »

By the way, I reached our previous fortress in adventure mode. Our exploits and deeds are know even in the most distant human kingdoms. Most likely as horrible fairytales to scare bad children. The npcs mostly talked about dorfs dieing in various ways and "porcupines and turkeys freely roaming" in the area around it.

Such lag
Filled my waterskin with elf blood I found near the trade depot.

The pumps are still pumping!
This place is a menace!
1/7 water on the first floor and the Generator still pumping magma from the bowels of the earth even long after the fort was abandoned.
Corpses and socks everywhere. Can't seem to find any of the candy stuff though. Killed a bird with someone's severred head. My bags are full of named skeletons.
Ran out of blood to drink. Found some more on the ground.

All the booze is gone..

The machinery is still pumping just like it was before abandoning the fortress. The river is slowly turning into obsidian and anything that tries to approach the southern side of the fortress gets incinerated. The amount of magma on the surface is increasing..

Found our weapon stockpile. Armed myself with a green glass corkscrew.
Crud. Accidently fell down a 20z drop into a flooded part of the fort with multiple z-levels of water above me. Drowning and stunned. (it was the gearbox axle stack)

Crap

Restarted a save.
Got back inside. Found the remains (or atleast most parts) of Scruffy the 3rd near 2 crundle skeletons and mined gems. What happened here and why were his ears and hands severed?
Every enterence to the caverns seems to be sealed. Well, I will just have to get creative.
Remember that long 3x3 stairway I dug to flood the magma sea and caverns? The one that is just a direct drop from the river to the magma? I made a jumped down a few holes and dived into the 7/7 flooded passages and finally emerged out inside the caverns. 
No wonder the site lags and kept crashing. The whole third (second?) caverns are being flooded. (+ all the waterwheels, pumps, magma, axles, assemblies... you get the idea)

Reloaded again. This time I got scared to death by the very same ghost Scruffy that has already killed a dozen other dorfs. Oh the irony :P Why Scruffy? Why? Karma strikes back?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:45:38 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 09, 2013, 06:00:49 pm »

By the way, I reached our previous fortress in adventure mode. Our exploits and deeds are know even in the most distant human kingdoms. Most likely as horrible fairytales to scare bad children.
This. So much this.

Edit: You updated it more! YES. This is SO AWESOME. Nice crundle kill, man! And who said Scruffy remains were useless?!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:39:11 am by Kamin »

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 10, 2013, 01:57:18 am »

PTW. So funny. I like the idea of replyin' while drunk (though I'm not drunk right now). Fits the Dwarf Fortress theme so much :))
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

absynthe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 10, 2013, 01:00:28 pm »

This place is a menace!

I seem to have done a tremendous amount of damage in my truncated turn. Is it wrong that I feel oddly proud of that?  :P

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 10, 2013, 01:06:53 pm »

This place is a menace!

I seem to have done a tremendous amount of damage in my truncated turn. Is it wrong that I feel oddly proud of that?  :P
You should! I like what you did to the place.
I noticed a few missing stairs that caused some issues and some strangely channeled parts on the surface.

Anyway, our old magmapumping hole in the clay was nowhere as dangerous to adventurers as the fort before that (the one with 11-12 FBS)

Edit: Kamin, here are the turns you missed:
-Absynthe7's turn
-Bobnova's crashed turn
-Nonsequitorian's crashed turn
-Renofox's crashed turn
-Renofox's new fortress first turn
Could you perhaps add the crashed turns on the first page? They have written journals so they are no different from standard turns.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:11:52 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

absynthe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 10, 2013, 02:03:12 pm »

1st granit:  WEhat sorcery is this!?! 1st granite?!

I was re-reading the crashed turns and just saw this. Did I actually make it through an entire year? That would imply that I was blacked out for 3+ seasons of game time, seeing as how I don't remember a single trade caravan...

...Which would explain an awful lot, now that I think about it :D

EDIT: Kamin, can you add a link to Scruffy's Adventure Mode post to the OP? It's probably a more well-detailed display of the madness that is Drunk Fortress than some of the actual turn posts are ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:05:08 pm by absynthe7 »

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 10, 2013, 02:28:31 pm »

Yeah, the Adventure Mode posts are a fun read.  It really shows off how much of a horrible twisted mess these forts become.  XD

By the way, we have made it into the Hall of Legends!  Sweet.  Our livers will not die in vain.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 10, 2013, 02:52:10 pm »

I don't really care about linking the adventure reports but feel free to do so if you want.
There is also this (a bit older adventure and unofficial drunken turn) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116045.msg3822953#msg3822953

By the way, someone just linked a picture of our old !!drunkfort!! magma leak (the one in the tvtropes page) in 4chan /tg/ (that thread was mostly about elves punishing dorfs for tree cutting)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:54:47 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 11, 2013, 10:43:15 am »

Kamin, can you add a link to Scruffy's Adventure Mode post to the OP? It's probably a more well-detailed display of the madness that is Drunk Fortress than some of the actual turn posts are ;)
I most certainly can! I love Scruffy's !!DRUNK FORT!! adventure mode stuff! I'll get to it when I get to updating the rest; I'm all over the place right now, and I'm still not 100% sure how I want to write up the new stuff :D

By the way, we have made it into the Hall of Legends!  Sweet.  Our livers will not die in vain.
By the way, someone just linked a picture of our old !!drunkfort!! magma leak (the one in the tvtropes page) in 4chan /tg/ (that thread was mostly about elves punishing dorfs for tree cutting)
Does this mean !!DRUNK FORT!! is "going viral?" :P

Edit: Updated! I have high hopes for this new fort in the new year... So the name gets more thought than usual. Make it happen, my drinking companions!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:09:53 am by Kamin »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year One: Call of the Peach-faced Lovebird Men]
« Reply #1241 on: January 11, 2013, 05:51:51 pm »

Turn claim: 23:45 - 2 litres of Amstel down, downloading the save.

23:53 - okay, starting. I'll be just editing this post with updates. Noone has been dorfed yet, and I'll need to read the ruless. lcause rules is important or something dont nknow if ill remember to do them though alsoneed shotstuff to shot. glasses thing.s

Yes typing lazy I can type very nice neatly if I concentrate. First: dorfing people or I will forget.

24:07 - 14th malachite. It's the middle of the summer, and for some reason I'm appointed to write the glorious history og of this dirthole inthe ground, Ucatugath ot or "Beerbelch". *BELCH* aenyway, we are 13 sting stronbg, and slowly digging our way to paradise. we found magam, we have wood and we have plenty of... nothing. Nobodys counting. YOU THERE< NAMELSS PEASANT! START COUNTING OUR STUFS!

12:21 16th of Galena. Slowly we are expanding, makiing stockpiils end bridges and workshops. Even the most basic stuff lis lacking! Beut we do have a nice wall.
Wae have one ghost haunting the halls. TO easy his pain, I'll engrave a lsb slab for him , our humble brerewewer, and take shot for it.

Found 1/3ltre of Ballantines. That's acceptablywe, not going to touch the nice ones while this inebriatesd (thats a word, right? minus ths the s)? Ittls itll do. GF will hat e me in the morning.

12:27 Took the shot, I hop e no more die today.......

12:32 Wren men and wmome women! WTF?! More afraid of us than we are of them, though. Stupid birbrainds. Oh wow that IS a nice marble depit.
For some reason ist wont let me build magmasmelters?1 someone sober look at this.

12:39 Time gfor another Blended Scotch Shiky Whisky I mean.

11th sandstone: Som evagrants have arrived. Bloody uselsess but theyre dwarves so we feed thaem. and clothe them. and gidve them our precious booze.
Used to be able to make notes but cant find the command now but the lefver neatr the foodworkshops on lvl theree is the one connected to the main bridge.

just so nyhou know I hpioe youre taking noretes.

0:55 16th Timber - A caravan arrived! Some enjoyment after all this boredom. Letsssee wheat we have to trade...
Lucky I made some rock crafts or we'de be toally broke... bought some stuff we need, raw glass, clay, gypsum plaster, the usual.
Still cant build any magam buildings.. wonder why. Can sonmeeone sober look at this?

1:06 'nother whiksy.

1:19 and another. It's all goin gvery well. We have a strange mood, though, and he needs metal bard.s Fortunately I solve d the smelter magma problem and we can now smelt stuff. Let's and hop that is ill be awesome.
A mystrerinous contrsuction has begun! Glad I bought that raw sglass...

BAH a green glass crown. Worth 16800 Dorfbuck though but still. IT is UGLY. I wonder who'd pay that for it.

1:33 and all's well.

It's spring. Save coming up. Did not do much but preserve the status quo, expand a bit. No idea how people get to make entire pupm stacks in their turn......

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7298
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:01:08 pm by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: January 11, 2013, 06:03:32 pm »

Turn claim: 23:45 - 2 litres of Amstel down, downloading the save.

23:53 - okay, starting. I'll be just editing this post with updates. Noone has been dorfed yet, and I'll need to read the ruless. lcause rules is important or something dont nknow if ill remember to do them though alsoneed shotstuff to shot. glasses thing.s

Yes typing lazy I can type very nice neatly if I concentrate. First: dorfing people or I will forget.
Yesh! A new turn!
No need to concentrate for neat writing. Just write what your drunken mind produces

Edit:
It's spring. Save coming up. Did not do much but preserve the status quo, expand a bit. No idea how people get to make entire pupm stacks in their turn......
Seems like the fort is in a better state than they usually are after a !!Drunkfort!! turn.  :D Will check it out tomorrow.
(By the way, the stack was made by 40ish dorfs working full time for a year and ignoring everything else (and was only around 30 pumps high). Also led to fort tumble into a tantrum spiral, starvation and utter lack of booze.)

Quote from: Siquo
For some reason ist wont let me build magmasmelters?1 someone sober look at this.
Sober? SOBER!?!
What madness has struck your intoxicated mind to utter such heresy?

Most likely because the event for magma sea discovery hasn't been triggered yet. Magma workshops/forges only become available after that. It sometimes gets bugged but can easily be fixed with Dfhack.
Or perhaps the lack of magma safe materials?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:23:16 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 11, 2013, 10:46:43 pm »

Excellent turn, Siquo! Both RenoFox and Siquo are now able to make a drinking decree for the next overseers. Time to get creative!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Two: Call of the Peach-faced Lovebird Men]
« Reply #1244 on: January 11, 2013, 11:11:14 pm »

Is this still first drunk first serve?

If so I'm starting the Caribbean screwdrivers while I write.  Eventually I'll be to drunk to focus on writing anything good, and this seems like a good way to spend the evening afterwards.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:36:35 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 341