Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138708 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Two: Call of the Peach-faced Lovebird Men]
« Reply #1245 on: January 11, 2013, 11:18:58 pm »

Is this still first drunk first serve?

If so I'm starting the Caribbean screwdrivers while I write.  Eventually I'll be do drunk to focus on writing anything good, and this seems like a good way to spend the evening afterwards.
A second drunken player? This night just keeps getting better and better. Lead our stunted drunken kin to glory! (or slow and  amusing death. It is all the same to me. Dorfs can be replaced, booze can be brewed and forts can be reclaimed)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 11, 2013, 11:36:46 pm »

I'm on my second drink, how bout the other guy?

Also, relevant
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 12, 2013, 01:30:39 am »

9:00:  Begin Booze Intake.
9:35: Second drink.
9:50: Notable difficulty in the use of ear buds.
10:10: Third drink, end of first Bacardi bottle.  Walking is pretty wobbly now but I managed to sneeze without spilling my drink.
11:02: Fourth drink, virgin bottle.  I’m talking to myself and speaking in weird voices.
11:10: Was told I was drunk.  Downloading save.
11:18: Heard the phrase, “Homeless orgy.”  I’m not really sure what to make of that.
11:19: My writing quality is going downhill, despite my awesome muse.  Opened save, took a look around.
11:24: I feel the urge to run into the other room and jump on the bed.  I’m going to do so.   I’m going to yell bonsai.
11:26: Failed to yell bonsai.  I ended up laughing in mid air.  Got looked at like I’m a crazy drunk.  It’s not yet time to take over the fort.  I can get drunker.
11:27: The tiny bottle of Oakheart rum?  I’m going to down it.
11:27: Instant nausea.  Ugh.  Slow breathing will help. 
11:29: I feel like I’m in water.  I haven’t had this feeling in a long time.  I feel I need to burp.
11:30: Making this post, am I drunk enough yet?
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 12, 2013, 06:17:39 am »

11:31: No response.  Begin hostile fort takeover. 
11:32: I notice our farm land is lacking.  Expand time.  Attempts at designating fail, turns out I’m in view mode. 
11:36: Loud, funny sounding sneeze.  Digging commences.
11:38: Named a dorf after myself.  Furnace Operator, Blacksmith, Metalsmith (shit skills in all of them).  AnimaRytak, RumGod.
11:40: Screwed up my measurements.  Farm plots are 6x6 over 5x5.  Oops.
 11:43: Made another dorf a miner.  Need moar minecraft.
11:44: Rum farts.
11:45: Created a pen/pasture and assigned all the hens and male chickens to it.  Moved nest boxes into the new room.
11:45 Realized male chickens are roosters.  Doh.
11:49: Ordered an iron pick.  Can’t find the workshop.
11:51: I realize the fort seems perfectly logical to me.  That is not good at all.
11:52: Removed random table from barracks/dorm.  (I made it the barracks).
11:53: Food optimization.  Only farmers harvest.  Farmers only haul food and do farm work.
11:54: Drunk sigh.
11:55: Ordered military to train.
11:57: Thirty rock blocks completed.  What the fuck?
11:58: I feel I am being too logical for this turn.  Am I too sober?  Lavish meal creation ordered.
12:03: Drunkenly checked an email account I shouldn’t.  Damn it.   Back to work.
12:06: Fifth drink.
12:11: Hurt finger trying to open a new carton of orange juice.  Ended up removing it with a fork.   Finger still hurts.  My drinks are slowly turning into Caribbean fuckdrivers.  (A glass of chilled rum with a splash of OJ)
12:15: Screen shot of new farmland

12:16: It’s only mid spring.  Oh fuck.
12:18: Designated a hospital dug out.  Migrants arrive.  28 fucking dwarves. I name them all after stormtroopers.  For the empire!

12:29: Finished naming dorftroopers.
12:35: Quiet.  Sweet sweet quiet.
12:38: Dug out some new rooms.  Had ‘em smoothed out.  Ordered dining hall engraved.
12:39: Piss break.  Made a snow angel on the carpet on the way back.
12:46: G-0405, a dorftrooper, went batshit insane.  He must die.
12:48: Elves arrive.  Fuck them all.  I’m taking their shit and they can’t stop me.
12:54: G-0405 is beaten to death by a bureaucrat.  Hermes Conrad eat your heart out.  Well, a bureaucrat and an unarmed macedwarf.
1:02: What drink am I on?  Um… Sixth, right.
1:11: Holy fuck I am drunk. I just licked my arm.  My saliva smells like vomit.
1:13: Two children are born.  One to Renofox, the other to some cocksucker.
1:14: Gonna stop pausing the game.  It’s still spring and I’m hammered.  Also, rumfart.
1:16: DFhack.  Digvx.  Go!
1:17:  Maybe I shouldn’t have done that.

1:18: Piss break.
1:21: While I was pissing, goblin child molesters tried to infiltrate the fortress.  My puppy defense force won however.  Also I ordered the trade depot deconstructed.  Exploiting bugs to abuse elves FTW.

1:24: I’m not blacking out yet, I may be too sober.
1:25: Wow. All the tunnels I digvx’s out are um…. Well if this laptop had the proper mouse drivers I’d show you.  But I doesn’t, so I won’t.
1:26: It’s summer?  Well then, more migrants; 13 Dwarves.  I name them after Norse Gods this time.

1:44: Piss break.
1:49: A baby is born.  I name him Lashidang.  I know this isn’t Deathgate, but no one will notice one evil, heart eating baby amongst an army of dorftroopers and norse gods.
1:56: I forgot about the elves.  Who cares.
1:58: Psuedoveritgo, yay.
1:59: Humans!  More shit to steal!  Yaaayy!
2:05 I think its autumn time.  Wee.
2:12: Holy FUCK everything is numb.  Cept my knees.  They kinda hurt.  Also I finished my fifth drink.  Since its after 2 AM, I won’t make another.  I mean, I’m not an alcoholic.  Despite the overwhelming screams of YES YOU ARE from my friends and family.
2:13: H-5050 is possessed.  I order the trade depot taken apart.  Screw those humans.
2:20: Had another piss break.
2:30: I noticed the possessed dwarf started working on crap.
2:40 Fuck.  No booze for 40 minutes.   It’s autumn at least.  A Little further.
2:42: More migrants for fucksake.  I name them after tanks.

2:51: My toes, they are numb.
2:57: A dwarf had been found, drained of blood.  WE HAVE A MO FUCKIN VAMPIRE.
2:59: I’m experience micro-blackouts.
3:03: Piss break.  I think I’ll skip this time.
3:06: Skipping might not have been a great idea.
3:13: Caravan arrives.  The dwarven kind. 
3:14 There’s four corpses in the graveyard.  Vampire is hungry.  Or something.  I dunno.

3:15: Bobnova the Xth trantrumed, then went insane.  Baldr kicks his ass with a crossbow long enough to cripple him.  He suffocates as Baldr runs away flipping him the bird.
3:23: Winter, woohoo.
3:31: Oh fuck we’re out of booze.  It explains the huge amount of tantrums I’ve been seeing.  I probably shouldn’t ignore those…
3:55: Hurry up damn turn.
4:00 Bit of a miasma problem going on... oh well, won't be my problem soon~

4:08: Spring!  Yay!  Salvation from this fort.  Admittedly, it ran itself for half a year.  But still, I had to watch.
4:14: Here's the save:   YEAH!

Drink Total: 6 Drinks.  1 Tiny sample of spiced rum.
Total drinking time?  5 hours.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:51:51 pm by AnimaRytak »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 12, 2013, 07:32:30 am »

I find this turn both highly amusing and strangely confusing. (or was it strangely amusing and highly confusing?)
So many migrants and named dorfs
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1250 on: January 12, 2013, 10:07:42 am »

3:15: Bobnova the Xth trantrumed, then went insane.  Baldr kicks his ass with a crossbow long enough to cripple him.  He suffocates as Baldr runs away flipping him the bird.
Good night, sweet prince.

This turn, although somewhat lacking in the screenshot department, was a truly enjoyable read! Loved the names, too, hahahaha. You're a pretty "good" drunk, Anima! Now you are able to make a rule for the rest of the overseers to follow. You can read the rules in the OP for more info if you're not sure what that means, but for example, "Take a drink for every cat you send to slaughter" could be a particularly interesting decree to make.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Three: Call of the Peach-faced Lovebird Men]
« Reply #1251 on: January 12, 2013, 10:29:11 am »

There's a surprising lack of typos in this turn. Wow!
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 12, 2013, 12:20:44 pm »

Spellchecker, perhaps?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 12, 2013, 01:40:55 pm »

There's a surprising lack of typos in this turn. Wow!

Spellchecker, perhaps?

Spellchecker was part of it, other part of it is I'm still a pretty good typist while intoxicated. 
I'm going to go back and nab a few more screenshots of the fort.  There was some stuff I changed but I just forgot to screenshot.

And as for my own custom rule?  Take a drink every time a Dorftrooper dies.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 12, 2013, 01:48:58 pm »

Well, it has been 4 turns +3 crashed turns since my last turn. Do you know what that means? Yes. That's right.
A shame that I only have a small bottle of Prinssi eversti (40%), a bit of wine and 2l of beer. I suppose that I must make do with that. I'll down some beer and drink the remaining wine to get some buzz.

Et tu, Urist

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 12, 2013, 02:00:49 pm »

Quote from: AnimaRytak
12:11: Hurt finger trying to open a new carton of orange juice.  Ended up removing it with a fork.   Finger still hurts.
Ha! A second DF related injury! I don't feel quite so silly now.
How'd you hurt it? With the fork? I think I may still have the "Worst Idea" award.

Poor Bobnova the Xth. I think that's 9 now.

Great turn, I was amused :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 12, 2013, 02:04:58 pm »

Quote from: AnimaRytak
12:11: Hurt finger trying to open a new carton of orange juice.  Ended up removing it with a fork.   Finger still hurts.
Ha! A second DF related injury! I don't feel quite so silly now.
How'd you hurt it? With the fork? I think I may still have the "Worst Idea" award.

Poor Bobnova the Xth. I think that's 9 now.

Great turn, I was amused :D

It had one of those plastic rings attached to a plastic disc to block the juice.  For some reason when I pulled on it, it didn't want to pop out and the ring just stretched.  It dug into my finger pretty deep before I used the fork instead of my finger.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 12, 2013, 02:38:50 pm »

Downloaded the save and started drinking.
I checked out the fort (will start playing after I'm drunk)
Woah, it's like every vein in the whole embark site for 5zlevels has been assigned for digging. This use of Dfhack vdig is starting to smell of cheating  ::)
Well, I won't remove the designations since they were made by the previous overseer. I don't mind it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

21:40 The remains of a bottle of wine (around 2,5dl)
21:55 Finished a pint of beer
22:15 Finished the second pint. Too much liquid volume to drink faster than that.
Will drink a few shots of Prinssi Eversti
22:25 drank 2 shots
Pee. So much pee
22:50 finished tje third pint. Can't drink any more. Must drink stronger stuff instead

Starting my thurjng. Wish me luck.

1st Granite

This is a strange fort but sho are every edrunken fotts., This is rather soberly desighned.
Consteucted levers in the dining room and added notes. We need em to close the gates.,

Poured mu last pint o beer. Still have prlenty od prissi eversti. Saginf some of ti of shots from dead militia

Started assignling labors and militias. Thank ARmok I am good at this stuff swile druink. Not
No Wrex! You do not habve coal! Dewal with it! Tough noogies
Assogmed bedrpp,s
Wju are all druimlem forts souch a mess? Not summtetrical nor are they well designed. Just randomslu shaped rooms stuck together
Some stickpile cahnges.

Wait! We have a rivber! KLnow what that means? Drowning chamgers!

Kobold thids and assigned more stocklipes and mining

DF crashed! oh for fucks asake
Starting again

Redid all that
Removed farming from a few fields. So many

RThey just keep giving birt! What is this! Why ar e our females so fertile? Mjus have een a fort wide orgy or something
LKids everywhere!!!

Mountaindudes from tha mountaind homes! give us ,more goats! we demand goats! And gcheese! moar cheese! CJEESAE!
I may have acidenty accionced some forks wfor bavies and children. Oops

SLATE! (ROAR!=)=

STROP CHANCELLING HT MINDING DARN IT! I KNOW IT IS HOT!

Tis looks like a n archer fort. m<ade a makrskguad. Started constructing an eacrher traiining place and shit
The drofning chambers are close to finish! Glody of the fort! Yesh! YESH!
STop giving birth darn it!
 Finisihed me flast pint. Now only shots for dea d militia and such!

SLATE!

XConrtrucged the archer quartersd
The drofning chambers are close to finish! Glody of the fort! Yesh! YESH!
STop giving birth darn it!

Felsite

Me lap be full o beer! That is a bad thing!
Migtrants. 106 dorfgs. Must lover htaht limit. changing it to 60. Seems ood for drunk fort players.
60 is good

TITAN!
Darn, the alcohol is affectin g me. Almost forgot to colose the cae. Almost forgot all about the titamnb.

Ukko Ylihjumala saves the day again!

Listening to Klamydia. Darn that Kemppainen!

'They be mad1 MAD I SAY! tg107 went mad. Not to say tgat /tg/ hanst alwasy neen lik that

Felsite
Elves (again yet for the first timet otoo)

I mau slowl y star approachihg sobriety. But no! I must dfrink more! Sobrieltyt is forbiddne! NEVER! NEVER AGAIN SHALL I BE SOBBRE!

Hematite

The dorowning chamber is closing completiojng

Whats with all these melanchilid dwarfes? OPur for t is a happy fort. We are ahappy. No need for the melancholy

Malachite

Migrants
Darn it! Stops cancelling jobs to eseek for lost babnies! They are a renefable resource! You will get more!
Wgy are you mad? Why sis everyone babbling and ruiing around? we are not taht baf of, now are we?

Galena

;e deatjdraå be clöosing clobletipm. dpims ot`?
Since we havent had  fiths im taking te h drinks even without a mandate to do so. Drinks ahoy!
tOOK ONE TO DA TWONG thoguht g, Sucbh coughing.

Stop itnerruopting bme aagter ever farn du g wsquare"
I have cdrank eveything possible. Wveruthing drankble has een drank so screw yoa!

Limsstone

No wonder thinsgs weres not working. Found me miners dead in the waterdrwain. Wht dies Janmin alwasy die? KAmin I mean.
Something looks strange with our bedfrooms. Oh wo fucks whake! Not synmnetrical

Gobluns! They ebe taking oyr babeies! Keepe em if aya want em
Vampir again
They took Odin they did!

Sandstone

Layers of strorage for the fgorges

Much of our milotosa seesm to have disspread during the year

Everyd field was tet to fertilize so no plants for the year
No idea whtat happened to the caravans but we appera to have their shit
Giant gangoroos be siegin g us! Horrosr

Timber!

GOBBOS! WAAGH!
They die. Militia i mean
Siquo kicked ass. Scruffy, Ruhn, wresxie, reno n rcmgames not sio mouch. Most lived

Monstone

Mein gate mus be closed!
Afther months of water we finally have booz
jerbalist made a fancy stick

Edit: Seems like I reached early moonstone. Pictures later
Save here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7303
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 06:28:49 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 12, 2013, 05:44:57 pm »

1st Granite
This is a strange fort but sho are every edrunken fotts., This is rather soberly desighned.
Wju are all druimlem forts souch a mess? Not summtetrical nor are they well designed. Just randomslu shaped rooms stuck together
lol

DF crashed! oh for fucks asake
Starting again
Ouch. And... lol at the comment.

Mountaindudes from tha mountaind homes! give us ,more goats! we demand goats! And gcheese! moar cheese! CJEESAE!
I may have acidenty accionced some forks wfor bavies and children. Oops
Wait, what? lol
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 12, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »

Wow.
Compared to him, I was down right lucid last night.

I mean damn, he's hammered.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 341