Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138788 times)

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Four: Call of the Peach-faced Lovebird Men]
« Reply #1410 on: January 25, 2013, 10:17:38 pm »

Oh shit. Those demons?
Alraedy?
hmm. this could be tricky.
I'm moving my log to this post, don't feel like switching pages constantly.

Log begins:
6:53PM:  Shot1!

6:55PM: preventative maintenance on the stupid Absolut cap to prevent the metal bit from spinning on
the plastic threaded bit. Pinched it in four placfes, looks pretty pro. Nice smooth edges too! None of
that spinning cap = rage = ripping it off in strips with pliers + slipping = blood all over the
kitchen. That kind of sucked.

6:57pm: sht oh dear this is taking forever to download. Not that long ago I'd have done Very Bad
Things for stable 103K/second. Now? Crap. Same as with SSDs really. I pity anybody still stock on a
mechanical HDD. Get a SSD ASAP. They're pretty cheap, $160 will get you a pretty fast 240-256GB
dirive. if you have the money the OCZ Vector 256GB ($240) is (@*#% epic. Look for a review on
funkykit.com soon.  Sidenote: this took 2 minutes to write, and I feel the alcohol hitting. I love
this feeling.

7:00pm: shot2. Save downloaded. Will install and look around. Will make attempts at posting SS as I go along.
Anybody interested in a livestream>

7:03pm: shot2 is starting to ooze in. Hell yes.
Decided to simply write my log HRE rather than in a test file. bay12 doesn't copy/pasta for beans from ntoepad, no clue why.
This was a very long week, as an unrelated note.
Tempted to mod the raws. Not sure for what. My usual mod is to make dwarves capable of eating goblins and such, it amuses me to sell elf meat to elves. sadly that requires a world regen. oh well. I will be installing ironhand. Nowish.

7:06pm: I haven't even gotten the save open and i'm alraedy confused. Still occasionally ficing typos on accident, it'll be another shot or two before I'm raedy to rumble. Going to look around now.

7:09pm: I'm greeted by a few dozen hacked down trees in the north o the screen and blood all over the south. This begs the question: Whose?
Also, will dorf every usual suspect I can think of.
I'll probably continue with the stormtrooper names for the peons as well, it makes it much easier for me to find the. Plus it amuses me.
Maybe I'll attempted a death star mini-mega-project. Carge it outta stovne or something.
Chrust my typing is going downhill rapidly. probably shot3 time.
Will ford (dorf...) first.

7:12pm, 20th Limestone:

2/3rds is dorf blood. the remaineder is goblin.
Going to kitchen for a shot. Then dorfing.
Who wants a dorf!?

7:15pm: Still 20th limestone. Note quite drunk enough I don't think. Maybe I cam. Typing would tend to indicate that I'm right on the border.
Took a shot. Goddamn I suck at taking shots. Actually, I can't. I drnk shots. Plus side: Absolut Mandarin is fucking delicious, though it smells almost exactly the same as my dish soap. Not sure whether it's disturbing that my dish soap smells like absolut vodke, or that my vodka tmsells like dish soap. It does taste better than dish soap, i expect.
Sidenote: Suave Strawberry does not tasty like it smells. nor does the coconut. Nor, in fact, do any of the.

7:18pm: yup. Those demons.
We have 104 dorfs, going to try to save some.
Prlly go take one more shot and look around, then I'll hit it.
I swear I'm not an alcoholic. I just have trouble modulating my drinking.  ::)
This is why I was pleased to find that I only had maybe 2/5ths of a 750ml bottle.
Fiance has plenty of tequila, but holy excrement to I hate tequila. Not worth it.

7:26PM: Took another shot. This looks bad. I'm going to try to wall a miner into the room with the birds. They can be the food source. Not sure what I'll do about water/booze/etc. I'll get to that if I get to that.
Going to start playing now.
Dorfed myself, took a guess at 10.Bobnova. Also dorfed scruffy as the remaining un-named miner. The third miner is Sif.
Unpausing.

7:29: I lied. here's the first page of demons.

And the plan. Some digging to occpyp the miners, while someone (anyway, enabling masonry on everybody but the miners) drags a siltstone block over to wall them in. Operation Damage Control begins!

4 shots in half an hour is a good start. I'm forced to admin, I love being drunk. Admit, too. Thankfully I'm not an admin anywhere. I have mod powers at overclockers.com for the extreme benching team area, as I'm the head chief leader dude of that team, but no admin.
Admin powers are a lotta responsibility.
Anyway, unpausing now.

7:32pm, still 230th of some month.
These are the dorfs that have a chance:

7:36PM: 14th limestone:
We have no picks.'

7:50pm: Date unchanged.
Parenting duties called. Got that squared away. Kid (4) came and interupted me because he suddenly remembered he was supposed to remind me to call the pool about swimming lessons and was super sad / distraught that he'd forgotten. Came and found me and told me.
Funny thing is, I'd forgotten (again) too! Very good he did.
Bit of a delay for DDF though! Took another shot, #5, too.
Funny thing about shots: I'm a super lightweight, kinda. It takes very little to get me drunk. 2 to 3 shots will do it, presto, drunk. Sure as hell shouldn't drive or talk to cops, etc.
But to actually lay me out... It takes a lot. Haven't actua;ly managed it in a lon time. Last time was in Berlin on vacation, drank 600ml of vodka in 45m. Mistake.
Anyway, I'm back in action, current goal is to make some pics to my miners ahve the slightest hope in hell.
Might floor off the stairs to the top level too and try to save those dorfs.
I'm doing damage control rather than starting a new fort, in any case.
if it gets to the point where I have a couple drfchilds running around, fuck that.
there's 25 of the lazy little bastards and that's bad enough.

7:59PM: st sandstone:
We are so screwed. Demons are camping the topo fthe stars. The surface people are stuck. 10.Bobnova sits by a pond, distraught and not even trying to do, well, anything.
Ther ddorfs underground are being systematically hunted down and destroyed.

8:00: Date unknown.
Pandoras idae of bands/songs similar to linkin park is.... interesting. Crap, too.
Situation in fortress is uncharged, thought we're down to 76FPS (no mean trick with a 3770k at 4GHz) and 60odd dorfs.
Seriously contemplating abandoning as my plans are coming to fuckall.
Probably will, in he hopes of migrants showing up from this hell (literally) hole.
Someone should put a spoiler warning on the first page of this disasdter of a best idea ever thread. Drunk people don't give a flying fornication about concealing what happens should you pull a Durin.

8:04pm: 9th sandstone:

Cook in he hospital went berserk. NOT BLOODY HELPING, COOK.

He got up (WHY THE HELL WERE IN YOU BED IF YOU COULD WALK/FIGHT/ETC SO GODDAMN WELL, ASSHOLE!?) and slaughtered the rest of the dorfs in the hospital.
watch the hell out for chefs, people.

8:06PM: Date changing rapidly, as I'm leaving it unpaused. There's nothing I can do, my plans have been laid and are being ignored ocmpletely.
The cook slaughtered another dorf. He's a remakabley good puncher, the fuck. Not pleased with him. I'ma name him if he lives. BRB

8:12pm: The cook is actually doing a decent job vs a ptserasoar demon. Amazing.
The cook is a badass

Demon fight:

8:16PM 19th sandstone:
Afrter THIRTY FUCKING TWO PAGES OF COMABT, the cook bled to death.
That's impressive as hell.
Now some other dickhead went berserk.
Also, I need to pee.
And take a shot.

What are the shot reules again> are they in the OP (original post)?
I'll republic that.

Republic is a clerver way to say check.
See first people turned it into czech, cause that's hilarious?
I decided to futher improve it, as the vezch republic is just that, a republic.\
So I'm taking to it genuine british slang and calling it republic.
OPAQUE, FLAT OUT OPAQUE.

Also, two more berserk dorfs.
Can berserk dorfs immigrate if I abaondon while they're alive? that'd be hularious.

\\\8:34PM  9th timber:
Kid2 wanted me to rest with him while he went to sleep. No arguing with that, bi of a delay. I surived ithout passing outn though!
Caravan arrived and paused the game. if it hasn't completely crumbled by 8:45 I'ma abaondon.
caravan has got to be like "What. The. Fuck."

8:36: 16th tmber:

Well fuck him. WE're unhappy too. All two of us.

8:38:22nd timber.  An ambush. lol. Well not really out load. Kid's just hgone to sleep.
need to wait another 5m till he's really solidly asleep. Then it'l be impossible to wake him up for 30m+/

8:40PM:
Aaaand we're hosed. Despite the goblins taking out a demon or two, i was too much.

I'll re-embark here shortly. Need to take a "fortress fucking annihilared" shot, after all.
And maybe eat something. I love rice cakes.
Really could do with some chaser, orange juice is horrid for chasing absolute mandarin. Like, really, really, really, really bad.  Weird.

Last edit:

New rule:
If the fortress crumbles, take a srsbsns shot.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:47:37 pm by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 25, 2013, 11:43:43 pm »

So much for that.
New fort incoming once I take a shot.
Will paly till 11pm pacific, bare minimum.

Further updates in this post.

8:53PM:
Shot number.... 6? 7? 8? I don't know.
Finished the last of the decent chaser. Current best is some Henrys rootbeer.
That's awkward as that stuff likes to lurk, lurk, ;lurk DESPLODE!
Record is a ~15" fountain, Dont want that drunk. Drunk I am.
Trying to fins somehere with lets of emtals at all depths, awesome drainage (aka sand), and ltos o fa savagery, I think.
Actualyl I don't remember the aprams very well. Must be drunk.
Kind of annoying, as if I were less drunk I could go to the store and get chaser.
Realstially I could walk there, it's not that far. That'd eat a solid half hour of DDF time though.
Lastly, it's fucking freezing in the ouse. time to find my fuzzy jacket o f intense fuzzyness. I loves it.

9:24PM:  No iron anvils available? Did we kill all the dorfs? What te hell?

9:26 I can;t embark with any iron or steel stuff. This could be an issue.

9:29:
I'm going to embark and try to use DFHack to give myself an anvil.

9:36PM:
I cab;t fud a DFHack command to give items, I think this world has finally been killed. There;s no iron available at embark, anywhere. That means no avils, which means no metalworking.

9:39pm: OK I'm confused as hell with what the hell is gong on iwth this save. Some spots in the world have no wood. Othrs have no iron, all are on the mainland. Can orfs no cross rivers!? What the hell?
Anywa, uploadig thwswand save.

OK Here's the save, hopefully someone else can make more snese of this than I can. hope this turn was entertaining to others, I enjoyed it, depressing as it may have been!
LONG LIVE DRUNK FORTRESS!!!!
http://www.epic-hw.com/pics/ddf4/DrunkFortress.zip
Save is up and confirmed to link correctly. I typed that link by ahnd!

also, I'm prety sure this is the first DF fort I've officially run into the ground. Go me!
Drunken Law stands:  if you abandon or see the "Your strength is FUBAR" screen, take a "Jiggler", that, according to my measureing glass, is a 1.5oz shot.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:50:55 am by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 26, 2013, 02:34:24 am »

Lol at the fortress-crumbling episode.

Not enough !!dwarves!! for my taste though.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1413 on: January 26, 2013, 02:54:28 am »

Haha. I'm sitting here in Prague laughing at the whole republic, check, czech thing. Interestingly, Czech is the polish spelling. No idea why English speakers took the Polish spelling instead of anglicizing it like they normally do. (Český is the original spelling, for the record.)

How many people are interested in taking turns this weekend? I'm considering tonight, although I don't know if I'll end up being home or not. I'm in the GMT+1 time zone so it's possible (or likely) if I do take a turn I will finish early enough for someone in the States to take a turn after me (6 hours between here and EST).

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 26, 2013, 03:31:41 am »

Haha. I'm sitting here in Prague laughing at the whole republic, check, czech thing. Interestingly, Czech is the polish spelling. No idea why English speakers took the Polish spelling instead of anglicizing it like they normally do. (Český is the original spelling, for the record.)

Now I'm imagining foreign dwarven warriors, a couple, named Czech and Český.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 26, 2013, 04:26:52 am »

How many people are interested in taking turns this weekend? I'm considering tonight, although I don't know if I'll end up being home or not. I'm in the GMT+1 time zone so it's possible (or likely) if I do take a turn I will finish early enough for someone in the States to take a turn after me (6 hours between here and EST).

I think only Clover Magic has expressed interest in playing this weekend.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 26, 2013, 12:40:17 pm »

Clover's the only one that comes to mind.
Of course, it's First Drunk First Served. Just be sure to get the save up before passing out in case Clover wants to go right away.

I think dwarf regions don't cross rivers or something, as I chose an embark further north than where I wanted and it had iron anvils, but no wood. Something like that anyway, it's a bit hazy at this point.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 26, 2013, 12:45:42 pm »

no iron can happen.
dwarves cant cross RIVERS, the ones with ramps.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 26, 2013, 02:47:28 pm »

You'd think the dwarven civilization could manage to build a bridge!
That explains that then, good. We haven't killed off the entire dorf population of the world.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: January 26, 2013, 02:55:24 pm »

You'd think the dwarven civilization could manage to build a bridge!
That explains that then, good. We haven't killed off the entire dorf population of the world.
A BRIDGE?!? What is this non-dwarven heresy?
A proper dwarf digs a tunnel to go underneath the river! (though sometimes.. Sometimes there are aquifers.. The results are not pretty)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 26, 2013, 02:58:05 pm »

sometimes they make both.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 26, 2013, 04:09:08 pm »

Yeah, I'll be going either late tonight or sometime tomorrow, but it won't be for hours yet, so if someone's raring to go I can wait. :)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 27, 2013, 02:45:29 pm »

I plan to take a turn as usual, Tuesday at noon, forum hour.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 27, 2013, 02:51:08 pm »

All right, vodka purchased, well be started in about 5-6 hours or so.

Did you know they make buttered popcorn flavored vodka?  And cinnamon?  And doughnut?  I boggled for about ten minutes in our grocery store's liquor aisle at the flavors.  Personally I bought a fifth of peach vodka and a fifth of some Absoult Grapevine flavor, which seems to be...white grape, dragonfruit, and papaya.  Sounds good, I will mix it with the two gallons of apple juice I bought to go with it.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 27, 2013, 08:12:49 pm »

Alll riiiight, here we go.  Downloading save now and taking my first drinks.

I don't know where my shotglasses are.  Huh.

Guys Absolut Grapevine is DELICIOUS I need nothing more ever again.

19:14 - Poured first shot.  Okay, Absolut Grapevine + apple juice is fucking delicious, guys.  Also, I've got my bottle of water and I've finished a lovely roast dinner, so there will hopefully be no vomit this time around.  Mainly because one of the step-sibs has got the vomit bug and there is too much puke in this house already.
19:19 was measuring shit out and realize that I dump like the equivalent of two shots into my drinks when I make a glass instead of doing shots.  Huh.
19:23 - Poured second drink.  Hmmn.  I need to easure these more accurately.  Still, it is delicious.
19:34 - Taking this nice and slow until I'm drunk enough to think straight shots is a good idea.
19:45 - Drink #3.
20:55 - Got caught up with reading gay manga, whoops.  But I am on drink #4 now, will probably shoot a few after I finish it and then start.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:56:38 pm by Clover Magic »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 341