Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1175861 times)

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Four: Call of the Peach-faced Lovebird Men]
« Reply #1456 on: January 30, 2013, 01:11:23 am »

Drunkenly surviving the undead! I'm impressed.
Also pleased that one of me (heh) survived!

how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 30, 2013, 03:17:56 am »

I am just raising morale with that : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gSJW3sHXE
Khornite spotted. Nurgle is where the fun is at.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 30, 2013, 04:52:24 am »

So... excruciatingly painful, slow, festering plagues are your idea of fun ? Yeah, I'd rather lose an arm in battle.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 30, 2013, 05:24:12 am »

So... excruciatingly painful, slow, festering plagues are your idea of fun ? Yeah, I'd rather lose an arm in battle.
If I had to choose a chaos god to 'devote' myself to (young bastards don't know the meaning of the word), it would probably be Khorne and Tzneetch fused together.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 30, 2013, 07:11:43 am »

A common misconception. They feel no pain. That is the point.
Nurgle is not just the god of disease. He is also the god of death and things remaining unchanged. Pretty much the idea of clinging to life. That is the reason he and Tzneetch don't get along.
He offers his blessing to those who are afraid of dieing and become freed of all pain and disease. (They carry the diseases but don't suffer pain from them)
Also, Papa Nurgle is a jolly fellow who truly loves his loyal servants. It is a warm and happy, albeit ugly, family.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 30, 2013, 07:26:46 am »

A common misconception. They feel no pain. That is the point.
Nurgle is not just the god of disease. He is also the god of death and things remaining unchanged. Pretty much the idea of clinging to life. That is the reason he and Tzneetch don't get along.
He offers his blessing to those who are afraid of dieing and become freed of all pain and disease. (They carry the diseases but don't suffer pain from them)
Also, Papa Nurgle is a jolly fellow who truly loves his loyal servants. It is a warm and happy, albeit ugly, family.

Decay and the lack of change leads to death and annihilation. There could be no worse fate. Nurgle is far too inhuman in his morality for me to adhere to.

I am both Khornate and Tzeentchian, despite the common opposition of strength versus intellect. Khorne because he is anger and battle-lust (and 100% badass), Tzeentch because he is knowledge and hope (and Ubermensch-y).

also, Tzeentch LOVES derailing threads.  :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:28:22 am by Naryar »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 30, 2013, 10:38:57 am »

What in Armok's name are you heretics going on about in here? Do we need a blood-flood?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 30, 2013, 11:43:25 am »

:D Starting a turn. I'm just doing a season if I rememer the stop. ALL TIMES CENTRAL STANDARD TIME. I live in IOWA!

9:48 am began fist Mike's Hard Lemonade. Started downloading save.
10:06 am Finishes drink right before download. I listen to Senate hearing on Gun Control for a few seconds. Back to the game.
10:08 am Stupid blizzard. I could only get into work at a gas station and buy some Mike's. I haven't had Mike's in years. I started my second drink.
10:11 am I remembered I only use the LNP. Time to get a vanilla and class it up with some graphics.
10:17 am Firing it up.
10:18 am Good God! A coupe of rotten muskox and a stray buffalo cow.
10:20 am Ok seems good. Designated some up/down stairs that went to nowhere before begining designation again.
10:L27 am I took a screen shot of the moose being chased around. Funny stuff. Oh yeah the stairs. Good thing I got this report thing. I can definately feel the alcohol. Time to finish drink 2.
I pasted the original picture and saved. Then I deleted it by saving over it with another picture.
10:30 am Tried to unpause MSpaint. Things are looking up.
10:34 am Everyone is farming and notg doing what I say. Beginning 3rd drink. Moose still getting chased and accidentally svaed over last file. oh well new chase screenshot taken.
Jerks finished too quickly too.
10:36 am Added bed Hotkey.
10:39 am Two kittens born! Yay! Oh and some puppy a while ago but who cares about that. The lazy bum Wrex finally gets around to digging things.
God I hate Wrex. He's so small and picky.
10:45 am FUCK! Ingrates have arrived!
I hate INGRATES!
10:46 am Woops. Guess I shouldn't have deconstructed that wall.
10:49 am lol. The Moose is being led around by a dwarf while being chased by a zombie muskox! Summoned the military and the muskox died from a bolt. Everyone is inside now.
10:56 am Began 4th drink. This 5% alcohol is bullshit. I'm used to 40% and 4 oz at a time. Renamed a Carpenter after me. Oh we got 5 ingrates. Guess the dead bodies on the stairs didn't bother them.
10:59 am started construction of 10 coffins. We'll need 'em.
11:03 am Jervill goes stark raving MDAD! For no reason. Dick.
Probably those bodies on the upstairs steps.
11:06 am As I ginish 4th drink we reach an expansive underground cavern. It's a lak3e! Just a lake and nother else! WHOA!
11:08 am Oh nevermind. Better close that off quick.
11:11 am Start 5th drink. Coffins biult and area designated. I hope burying those corpses calms down Jarvill. Eh, whatever.

11:19 am Build trade depot and open up the fort.
11:21 am Shit! Only got the liaison. I told him we need anvils, seeds, drinks, and some bags. I hope that's what we need. Didn't bother to check. Maybe I should look at food and booze stocks.
11:24 am Jersk want blocks, ammo, and toys. I told him he just needs baby stabbing chambers but he wouldn't listen. I think he's an elf.
11:27 am Appearently I made some booze and food. People will live for a little longer on thier grub filled sandwiches and burnt swill.
11:30 am Dwafed Sappho as the usless fisherdwarf I almost sent to help train the military. Finished 5th drink.

11:33 am Started 6th drink. Winter is upon you! Eh, whatever. I'm going to keep drinking but I'll had this off to someone else since Mike's isn't really drinking. Maybe I'll come back for one of the usual vodka/16 shot days.

I'll upload screens in a bit. I've never done anything like this so I have to set stupff up buzzed or whatever sugar drunk is. I started a waste area and designated a huge pasture with all our tame animals in it. Had to wall off the lake since it was actally connected to a cave system.

The save. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7356
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:48:11 pm by codyorr »
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!

A_S00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 30, 2013, 11:53:53 am »

I tentatively infer from your comments re: Senate that you're American, which would mean drunk fortress at approximately 11:00 AM on a Wednesday.

Excellent.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1465 on: January 30, 2013, 12:22:38 pm »

I tentatively infer from your comments re: Senate that you're American, which would mean drunk fortress at approximately 11:00 AM on a Wednesday.

Excellent.

Well all the times are written there in the post. : ) It appears he started drinking just before 10 am. Also, I think the Mike's Hard Lemonade is a pretty good indicator of being American. Continue, codyorr! Dwarf me if you can manage it!

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 30, 2013, 12:44:39 pm »

A proud gun owning America who already worked 5 hours before I got off work and started drinking. I was going to vodka it up with 10 shots or so but BLIZZARD.

Having problems uploading the save. Working on it. Guess I'll work on pictures in between.
Will now work on save until I get it to work.
Figured it out. It wouldn't update the website screen until it was completely uploaded. I just thought it was an error. Time makes fools of us all.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:46:33 pm by codyorr »

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 30, 2013, 01:27:26 pm »

Welcome to dwarf fortress! You fit in well :D

Finding caverns with water solves the water problem nicely, definitely better than surface water.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 01, 2013, 06:31:13 pm »

Gentlemen, I am drunk again. I will download the save, and I have pre-emtpively decided that I will OT start a new fortress under any circumstances. Things are epic, so downloading...

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 01, 2013, 06:37:01 pm »

Huzzah! I will be watching! Remember Jarvill is stark raving mad!
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 341