Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138699 times)

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!![Brave New World: Hey Urist, Watch This!]
« Reply #1575 on: March 09, 2013, 11:49:22 pm »

I don't see it stopping, heh.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 10, 2013, 01:51:55 am »

I just realised...
I vowed never to drink alcohol...

Shit.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 10, 2013, 08:39:08 am »

I'm not gonna take a turn in this (don't drink), but it's an immensely entertaining thread and taking a peek at the fort was quite interesting:
a huge hospital, but no thread or cloth and in fact none of the workshops needed to make them? No common dining room? Three military dwarfs, two of which are wrestling because their uniform is set to exact matches on a weapon simply not present in the fort? A bunch of workshops set to repeat on utterly dumb stuff like rock nestboxes? A save with a burning dwarf standing in the middle of the catch-all stockpile/meeting room? What was going on in the last overseer's mind, were they drunk? Oh wait, they were. Mystery solved.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 11, 2013, 11:50:59 am »

@Kamin:
Here's our turn history so far in the new world:
--
Year One: Demdemeh (+Wife)
Year Two Start: Bobnova
Year Two Winter: Flanderbland

Edit: it was Flanderbland, not Larix
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:57:58 am by Ruhn »

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 11, 2013, 08:00:21 pm »

No, the last proper player was Flanderbland, who played a few months and stopped when the tantrums were still raging.

All i did was a curious peek and a check how bad bobnova's save was. It's pretty bad[1]. I survived, but i was playing that perfectly sober and thus didn't save/upload. And i still lost almost 3/4 of the population.

[1] seriously, i think it'd take someone very familiar with tantrum handling to salvage the situation while drunk. The dwarfs have practically no creature comforts to give them compensatory happy feelings, and if you want to treat the wounded or bury the dead, you have to boot up the relevant industries first - while the tantrums are raging.

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 11, 2013, 08:06:18 pm »

I'm still alive and training, so I'm happy. :P

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 12, 2013, 12:02:50 pm »

My bad Larix, previous post has been corrected.
--

This might be a good spot to reclaim, since we don't have 6 FB wandering the fort.  The only question is how to deal with the spiral (flee, try to fix, or loyalty cascade).

Cheers!!

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 15, 2013, 08:37:20 am »

So this weekend is that most dorfy holiday in North America, St. Patrick's Day.  Who here will be indulging in *beer*, well-dyed with emerald dye?  (Not me, I have a psychomatic response to beer due to a bad go with it once.)

I think I'm going to have a go this weekend, tonight or tomorrow.  I will endeavor to not pass out this time, haha.

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 15, 2013, 02:55:34 pm »

I expect to be drunk tomorrow night, and could take a quick turn if no-one else beats me to it.  I won't mind if you do, though.

As I noted before, it's been close to a year since I last played DF, so that'll probably add to the entertainment.  Not that this fort really needs it.  I did take the advice given earlier in the thread and downloaded the save and the Lazy Newb Pack in advance and played with it a bit.  Gods, this place is a disaster.
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 15, 2013, 08:11:31 pm »

On beer 4, no supper, but not quite fall-down-drunk.  Just touching base to say Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...yyyyyyy

^_^

E c| i t : it is ON
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:47:07 pm by Ruhn »

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 16, 2013, 12:02:03 am »

Pre-drink = 4 beers, ? % ?

OK WTF.  Most dwarfs are not happy ata ll.

S

If someone started building a magam pump stack, why TFC didn't you listen to the wiki abiout a 3 wide recieveing chamgeer to reeduce the lag due to temperature changes??? ? ???????

Fun

So, 2 drinks is BAD

This p[lace is madness, are we in a jungle or something?>

There were reports of this for dieing, but I forget what they were.  Time to unpause soon. 

Meeting area is on that suicide stockpile, mnoved it.

16 opal, 10 OPM
I'm either dead, or not important enough to dwarf.  So be it.  I choose yuou, Atir.

No defence on the entrance what-so ever v_v.  We are doomed.  Like, Dr. Doom Doomed.
How do we have anything?  IO don't see any workshopts/.  T/oO like input / output.

Lots of dwarfsd asre good art fighting and using armor, I don't know why.
It has been only 4 days but this fort has gone on for a while.  I'm ready to pass oiuyt.

Xantaldwarf died, not shure if that is important.
Lots of tantrums, but I don't care.  Ha!

It seems like the depot is flooding? ??????

Around 6 dwarfs just drowned to deth I think

I think some other drowning victims were saved.
These messages are GREAT

I'm pretty sure my new Ruhn guy is dead.

More floods at the entrance, I think this is over.
Dwarfs keep getting found drowned, must be in the bottome of this watterfall thing.

This is the falling free velocity feeling.
Yay drunk.

Listening to “Heather Dale” songs on youtube, bought one of her CD's in the pre-drunk.

10:L45
starting beer 6
honor is worth dieing for, but this fort is another matter.
Dwarfs keep drowning trying to block off the water.
This waterworks sounded like a good idea, but it FUCKED us!!!!!!!!!!!@
lol

9 obsidian.
Only 1 guy had masonary on, so enabled everyone not miserable to make the wall.
It was a metal wall, so put on the metal crafting

11 PM
down to 32 dwarfs from something highter.20 obsidan.  People keep drowning.  Named dwarf like u and mee, too.  We have NO drinks and NO well.  I will abandon and come back.
----
(make pause here in t3h action)
----

I like how the region is called “drunkER fortress”

11:20
I think “road gems” is the name of the new fort reclaim.

12AM
We are doing well building caskets and coffins, no idea why this room in the dirt layer is so big.

27 Slate, still working.  Can't last much longer.
Started digging in the living stone like any honest dwarf would.

3 Limestone
TOO Much of this “fort” is buiild in the dirt layer.  We need stone!!!!  the dirt will ruin us with the bushes and trees.  Elf lovers...  The  sober-ness is soon to com.  I will leave the next half year to a stout heart dwarf overseer that will lead the drunks and make dwarfs of us.

(1AM)
Note: we have a real problem with security at this fort.  There are only a few cage trap now, and no extra Z level to make defences.  The “new entrance” strategy is dsuggested, please.

Save is here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7483

(i will add pictures if you are lucky)  )00-cS)0--sa_0s-
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:07:15 am by Ruhn »

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 16, 2013, 12:18:03 am »

rofl

How on earth did flooding happen!? lol  Someone poke the turbine room or something?  I'm DLing the save to look around (no turn for me this weekend I don't think, that's my failed pump stack and flaming dorf (I have vague memories of things being dumped into lava from one Z above lava. I have no idea how, or why, or even where, such a thing would happen in this fort. Vague, like I said. That might explain the flaming dorf though.
I was pretty drunk last go-round, and not freshly drunk and energetic either, but drunk as hell and had played 28 holes of disc golf on course that is built on a mountainside. Made it mighty hard to pay attention, rather than the usual difficulty focusing. Not as entertaining (for me at the time anyway, the aftermath has been hilarious) either.

That said, I'ma go play disc golf and probably drink again tomorrow, so who knows. Definitely not even thinking about maybe reserving a turn though, I'm going to try not to get that drunk!

how do I lizard Werewolf

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 16, 2013, 12:24:01 am »

28 Holes of disk golf?!  I have played a few times, but that is sitll quite an evndevor!   the flood was from the river spot draining past dpeot into the turbine collection aresa.  I thin kiw will be safe now, walls and floors have been built.  just have to play ghost-buster for a couple years and get ready fro invaders.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 16, 2013, 01:02:17 am »

It's the draining part that confused me, I loaded up the fort and I'm still not sure what the plan was there. Put out the fires maybe?  Happy to see that the turbine hall is functioning as drainage well enough, kind of surprising.

28 holes definitely takes a while, I don't really remember the last five to eight, overdid the vodka a touch. Some vodka helps a lot, lots of vodka doesn't :P Very very fun, disc golf.
how do I lizard Werewolf

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 16, 2013, 08:19:37 am »

I just sort of assumed that the flooding depot was part of the original waterfall design.  Because, you know, drunk.

Actually, looks like that was more or less the case:
I also tried to make a nice waterfall near the trade depot (might not have been the best idea) to spread some gentle feelings around, but this was a huge failure. It ends three z-levels from the surface, where I also built a wall with a door in case there's a flood. I don't THINK it floods anything, but I'm not sure since I completed it just before I quit (and yes, channeling two 5x3ish blocks took about 1hr real time, that's how much tantrum there was going on). Either way, I doubt it'll calm people down enough to matter.

Anyway, the flood might not have done much as a mist generator, but one thing I did notice when I took a peek at Flanderbland's save yesterday was a stack of 6(!) dwarfs all drinking from the same tile of 2/7 water flooding into the room next to the depot.  So apparently it at least served to compensate for the total lack of booze or a well...

The hospital doing double duty as a furniture stockpile also seemed like a nice touch.

Anyway, I've downloaded your save, Ruhn, and I'm still planning on taking a turn around... oh, say, 10 hours from now, if no-one else happens to be playing just then.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:35:46 am by vyznev »
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 341