Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138525 times)

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!![Brave New World: Hey Urist, Watch This!]
« Reply #1620 on: March 22, 2013, 05:54:04 pm »

Haha! This pleases me!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 23, 2013, 06:00:20 am »

Oh Dog, I haven't been this drunk in a looooooong time!  Anyway, the save is up now (see post above), let the next drunk continue!
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 23, 2013, 05:15:47 pm »

OK, the pics are now up, see post above.

Also, I found an IRC log from last night which sheds some more light on the events.  It seems that, after screenshotting the "dorf cancels eat, interrupted by grizzly bear" notice and posting about it above, I went on IRC and just hung around there for about an hour with the game paused, making increasingly incoherent comments and generally embarrassing myself.  Bobnova also showed up at some point.  (Yes, I intend to post the logs for you all to laugh at, assuming the other participants don't mind.  Bobnova?)

As far as I can reconstruct the subsequent events, I believe that at that point I must've tried to get to the bathroom to throw up, not quite making it.  Apparently I then decided "fuck it", dumped my clothes on the floor and went to sleep (in bed, not on the floor, fortunately).

Anyway, I have absolutely no recollection of doing any of that.  The bear update is about the last thing I remember, everything after that is totally blank.  If it weren't for the logs (and the mess on the floor), I'd have no idea it ever happened.  That pretty much never normally happens to me (or at least I don't remember it happening... ???), but apparently half a bottle of vodka and several glasses of whisky (not to mention the beer) will do that.

I'm also still feeling rather shaky and hung over.  It should not be necessary to say that I have no intention of repeating this experience any time soon.

Also, I apparently tried to post the following update at about 04:27, but I was so drunk that I posted it in the wrong thread:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or, at least, that's the best explanation I can come up with.  I have no idea what I was trying to say, although I suspect the beginning was intended as something like "fuck, I'm totally drunk".  For the rest of it, your guess is as good as mine.

Ps. Some post-game notes for the next overseer:
  • I only played a few in-game months (the save is on 1st Felsite), so feel free to decide if you want to play until next spring or summer or whatever.  Actually, I don't think there's much point in sticking to the one-year turn rule too obsessively here anyway.  I'd say just make it about a year, or however long you feel like playing.

• We now finally have a well, but it still has just one level of water under it.  To fix that, the tile blocking the direct path of the water pipe (seen on the bottom left in this screenshot) needs to be channeled out from above.  Or just dig a staircase straight down to it, that might be safer.

• You may also want to wall off the flooded bedroom completely, especially if you decide to remove the pressure-regulator tile as suggested above.  You really don't want some tantruming dwarf breaking down the only door that's holding the water back.

• We're really low on booze.  Order some more made.  A drinks-only stockpile in the dining room could also be a good idea.

• We also seem to have food rotting in the kitchens because the prepared meals stockpile is full.  Have the rotten stuff dumped, make a bigger stockpile and maybe turn off some or all of the repeat cooking jobs.

• Engrave more slabs.  We still have one active ghost and a dozen unmemorialized dead dwarfs waiting to rise.  Also, one of the slabs I built into the dining room got suspended because the dorfs are too stupid to just move the boulder currently occupying that tile.  Dump the rock and unsuspend the slab.

• Make some crutches so that Bobnova and Korbac can walk again.
Oh, and as noted above, here's the save again: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7498
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:28:48 pm by vyznev »
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 23, 2013, 09:24:51 pm »

lol that turn turned out pretty epic!
I don't mind you posting the IRC logs, have at it.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1624 on: March 24, 2013, 12:22:06 am »

Hahaha, this is... Epic. I will update when I can.

Gentledwarves, let me just say that I applaud your efforts.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 29, 2013, 12:29:03 pm »

Down to page THREE!?

Who's next? :D
how do I lizard Werewolf

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 01, 2013, 10:57:08 pm »

Sadly I just now read this thread for the first time.  While drinking on a weekday would be rather bad for my job stability, if no one else runs with it before Friday night, I'll take a crack at it.  How hard could taking over someone else's fort be while your judgement is impaired and its hard to see straight?

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: April 02, 2013, 12:39:13 am »

Do it! Do it for all the new readers dolwin! Or not... It's up to you really.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: April 02, 2013, 12:41:22 am »

sometime after the 6th I am sooo taking a crack at this and cracking open a 40 of sambuca .  I would to it tonight after finishing other game, but there's a munchkin with access to noise makers and I'm such a lightweight this is a guaranteed hangover.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: April 02, 2013, 04:08:34 am »

I suppose that it is about time I take a try at this again. Perhaps later this week.

I have 30l of home-made wine and only enough bottles for half of it so have to get rid of the extra stuff somehow  ;)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: April 02, 2013, 06:23:03 pm »

While we're waiting for the next brave drunk to take a turn, here are the IRC logs from my previous turn as promised.

The only editing I did was to remove irrelevant join and leave notifications, and to censor Bobnova's IP address just in case.  Also, I made the URLs clickable for convenience; the graphical smileys, however, are purely the forum software's fault.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The timestamps are in my local time zone, just like in the game log above, so you can compare the chronology; basically, however, all but the first few lines of the log were written after the point (03:28 according to the game notes) where I left the game paused and never got around to resuming it.

Perhaps not entirely coincidentally, that's also the point where my memories completely cut out.  I vaguely remember looking up the "fsck" link on Wikipedia... after that, nothing.  I'm sure I must've typed the remaining lines attributed to me, since there was no-one else around to do it, but I sure have no recollection of it.

Ps. If I had to pick one representative line out of the whole log, I think it would be this:
04:11 < Vyznev> " I knpw wat Iämm doinä Om jisy van 't fogute ot ow tupe it"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 06:31:33 pm by vyznev »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 02, 2013, 06:26:40 pm »

04:19 < Slythie> stupid bakemonogatari doujins and their kanji jokes
Bakemonogatari? Good taste
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Stadekxiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: April 02, 2013, 11:47:45 pm »

Stadekxiel cancels lurk: Finished catching up.

I think I may try my hand at this, next time I'm drunk sober. Maybe Friday night after Dolwin takes his turn, assuming I'm not so plastered I can't find the keyboard by then.
Signature.. Right. I should probably get one of those.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: April 03, 2013, 11:55:08 am »

Welcome Dolwin, Necrisha, and Stadekxiel.  May your turns be full of fun and success  8)

@vyznev: It's hard enough to focus on the game as it is, can't imagine keeping track of IRC at the same time.

New!! Top reasons a turn ends unexpectidly:
1- Pass out
2- Busy in chat
3- Throw up
4- Lost on internets
5- Fall over
(( no !science! or math was used in creating this list ))

I think we are around year 2 of the reclaim, can we make it past year 4 this time?

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: April 03, 2013, 05:41:32 pm »

New!! Top reasons a turn ends unexpectidly:
1- Pass out
2- Busy in chat
3- Throw up
4- Lost on internets
5- Fall over
(( no !science! or math was used in creating this list ))

Hmm, I think I managed to hit at least the first three or four of those, depending on how you count. :D  I don't remember falling over, though, but then again, I don't really remember much else about the end of my last turn either...

Ps. I played a bit with the save, and noticed that our depot isn't wagon-accessible because somebody blocked the entrance with weapon traps.  Whoever plays next may want to deconstruct those.  Other than that (and the few little issues noted earlier), everything seems more or less OK -- no !!dwarfs!! in stockpiles so far.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 341