Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138690 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!![Brave New World: Hey Urist, Watch This!]
« Reply #1695 on: May 14, 2013, 04:43:36 pm »

I, the seventh overseer of drunkeness and lord of Drunkenfort have returned to claim my throne.
Prepare peasants for the alcohol is coming and your efforts will be insufficient to stop its onsloaught.
Surrender your forts and prepare to be assimilated. We are Scruffy and you will be.. Ah you know what you are in for
Just wait for the next update. Perhaps tonight, perhaps in the morning.

Okay, I admit that i have not been paying attention to the last few turns and hte events of this fort so I am going in blind.
Who should I dorf? Damn. I rememnber thje usual players from half a year ago like it was yesterday but I do not know who I should dorg now
Dmn

Timber

Two or so dwarves, yuour will prodiuce booze and food for hte hordes. The rest? They will mine and produce riches known to the ages! Yesh!
Where will we get the food,. eh? Kill the elves opfcourse! And loot the warves too. Onwards! To glory and booze!

Decpmstructed the depor and stole the dwarven food. Ours#! Yesh! Our food!

Had another large glass of homelade, clear wine. Around 16% stuiff I think.
(I wish I still had some of myu amazing homenade 18% dry homemade mead. Amazing stuff that was)

Time to add these lazy bums some proper jobs, ey?
War. stones eh? Youa re dwarves. It is not like your iwll notice if you are on fire or not. Dig arn it! DIGH!

You klnow what we really need? Candy. Tim eto mine
Assigning areas of candy to be ,ined. I hoe I am right about this,.

I see somethigns what wlooks like a pimp stack. You knwo what this means.
PUMPS! Yeah!
Had to econ a few floors to buld awll s for the bump stack.

Wjat? Steel pipes and pump parts? We have sand! More glass! Yes1 This is how our other piumpstancks were build, this is how this pumpstack will be built! SAND! GRR

MOonstone
More groundlevel farms. We will be self-sufficient!
I may be drunk but not so drunk! Mine miniions! Mine! Warm or not. Mine!
Started building more bridges to sever parts of the worft incase of an emergencyu! Beinbable to sever parts of the vfort is the ckey to survival! Yes!

More magma glass furnaces

Found more candu. Time to mine

OPAL

More candy!" yes
I amn sure hoepe that the previous overseers knew what they were doing with this pimpstack. Continiuoing its building
I usually do it myself from the screwtch. The magma is so close to surface on this map. Heh heh.
I miss my old pumpstack

Stinkhäh Cogsebsduer has beguns a mysterious construct"! Suspece! Tension! Yesh! Mysteruous! It iwill be a scepter or a glove!

Still mining clandy. My sepeciality.

It was a limonie mefchanism with spikes and puictures of itself...

Mor nbrdrooms. Bedrooms

Oh for dwarfs sake. All the existing pumps lkakg a hole to allow hte power taransfer. I have to rebuld the wholse stack. Damn idiiot
I am rebulding this pump stack evne if it is my last deed! O fwonder i the generator is stong enought to handle this.We will see. *Grin! Heh heh

Obsisdioan

Megadeth's versoion of duke Nukem theme? Yes1! I love this tstuff
Berserk child? Ah please. This is everyday occurance

More bedrooms

Had to rebuld te whole pumpstack. Tno hjoles for the piwer transfer

3100 power generator. I think that I like the overser who build that. Yes. Heh heh.. The goblins aand elves will suffer

Granite

A FB

Slate

Clover bergins a bysteruiys construct

Endend up being a throne with pictures of dwarves dieing
It ios nearly finished. Just need a few more corkscrews and engineers to construct the damb things

Felsite

More FBs
Need to quicklöy finish this.

Oops
Clowns. HONK! HOOOOONKh~~!
 HONK~!

Sealed thje damn place. Just in taime. M ade the miners masons.

Somthigns they wsim
Tje FB engetred via the magma holes. Killed hte crafters
The FB is dead

Hematie

The puimpstack is closign cokmpeletion
It ALSMOST works.
zThe magm will destroye the mechanistsms. Needs fixing. Crud. So close. Damn

The whole stack ise getthing melted and destroyed! Magma one z-level from the survafce. So close. Backleaking. Desttroeying

Mlachite?

The magma isf kdisapperaing
oher candy spire did nwo hawve a hole. WE MUST DRIG DEEPER!!
Vomit fiends! Viomit! How could thsi happen?

Edit:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7664

I will post the save soon. I seem to have misplaced some of my pics.
Added a tiny bit of missing text (I keep my journal in a text file and did not update the last bit yesterday.
Pics later
Just checked the fortress stocks and why do we have loads of junk. You  like tame slugs and wooden banjos, right? Seems like both the elves and dwarves gracefully donated their wares in exchange of being allowed to leave (alive).
Erm. I think that we got three FBs, two got inside the fort and got pummeled to death a swarming wave of beards, vomit and various pieces of clothing. Oh, and over half of the pimpstack is gone
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:14:18 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 14, 2013, 05:46:35 pm »

I applaud your... well let's call it "efforts" for lack of a better word. ;)

Mining candy and completing a magma pumpstack you don't know what it does or where it goes? What could possibly go wrong?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 14, 2013, 10:02:32 pm »

lol, I realized that about the pimp stack when I woke up the next morning. It's possible that building one's first pimp stack while obliterated isn't the worlds most likely to succeed plan.
The power thing is mine too though, so that balances things a bit!

Don't leave us hanging! What happened next!? Where's the save!?
DRINK AND PLAY MORE?!?

I lol'd a lot :D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:04:53 pm by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 14, 2013, 10:38:23 pm »

So close...
Magma could have leaked out and destroyed everything in a sober rage while we stand and scratch our heads. And laughed.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 15, 2013, 03:17:10 am »

I will upload the save soon once I finish a few things and get rid of this headache

So close...
Magma could have leaked out and destroyed everything in a sober rage while we stand and scratch our heads. And laughed.
Well, in a way it did. I forgot to seal it properly so magma reached 1 z-level from the surface and then started leaking backwards, melting most of the glass stack. (I hope that someone will try rebuilding it)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 15, 2013, 03:26:24 am »

It is with pride that I let you guys know that this fort is one of the hells I send people to to amuse me.
Good job.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 15, 2013, 08:59:16 am »

I thought glass was magma-safe? How did that happen?
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 15, 2013, 10:06:47 am »

I thought glass was magma-safe? How did that happen?
Fire-safe. The solid end of a pump acts as a wall and will not be harmed by magma but the pump gets destroyed if magma touches the other part of the pump (Where the pumper stands).
Basically, glass pumps can pump magma but will get destroyed if magma touches the intake side of the pump.

Uploading the save now

Et tu, Urist

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 15, 2013, 10:28:22 am »

Umm, according to the building menu, green glass _is_ magma-safe. It's among the materials offered when trying to build magma-powered workshops, and i also have a green glass pump that's been working flawlessly for over a year with the pump 'head' completely submerged in lava. I also regularly use green glass floodgates for magma plumbing.

Can it be that some of the pump components weren't magmaproof? Especially in a stack, one pump with, say, a bronze corkscrew near the bottom would be enough; eventually, it would melt and cause all pumps above it to deconstruct.

Edit: totally forgot to mention: that was one awesome turn! Breaching the clown car without losing the fort and _almost_ flooding everything with magma! I wish _I_ could play like this!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:31:32 am by Larix »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 15, 2013, 10:33:01 am »

That would be my best guess. I have never had a pump made of entirely green glass components melt, even when exposed directly to magma, but I do know that buildings in which even one component isn't magma safe will be destroyed outright
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 15, 2013, 12:12:49 pm »

Ha!  Good catch, didn't realize we were missing the power-link holes.

Let the magma flow!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 15, 2013, 02:00:50 pm »

Still about the glass pumps:
Seems like the mention to this has been removed from the wiki (It was there. Removed in an edit few months ago). Must have been incorrect info then.
A pump made with pipes and screws that are glass or any type of metal, and blocks that are glass, or any type of metal, is safe as long as no magma ever occupies the passable tile of the pump.
There also used to be a mention about glass pumps not being able to survive magma on the open space.
I have always presumed that it was like that since it used to be in the wiki (And non-furniture/building glass items still melt in magma

Well, I was wrong

The stack deconstructing must have been either because one of the pumps conteined a non-magmasafe part or most likely because an axel or gear touched magma (axels are wooden) and thus deconstructed everything that was linked to the pump that got power from it. (Damn, I hate that mechanism.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:02:44 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 27, 2013, 08:59:12 pm »

Hey, what's the current status for new players?  :)

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 27, 2013, 09:34:33 pm »

Falafel the fortress is run on a first drunk first serve basis. If youre willing to get drunk and give it a go then go ahead.

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 27, 2013, 09:38:16 pm »

Haha ok, but how do you keep from duplicates then?
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 341