Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138559 times)

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!![Brave New World: Hey Urist, Watch This!]
« Reply #1710 on: May 27, 2013, 10:09:00 pm »

I think you just state that you are taking a turn now. Anyone else that comes on will see that.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 28, 2013, 11:57:23 am »

Yeah, just download the save, get blasted, post you are gonna take a turn, and have FUN!
Don't feel obligated to play a full year if you feel like passing out.

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 29, 2013, 11:20:57 pm »

[-turn redacted-]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:19:04 am by falafelsandwich »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: May 30, 2013, 10:05:42 am »

Aww, I was excited!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 30, 2013, 03:02:08 pm »

Was running on 5 hours of sleep yesterday; the yawns hit during beer 3, so I aborted the mission.  No sense getting a hangover for no reason.

HOWEVER!  I am prepared for tonight :)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:45:52 pm by falafelsandwich »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: May 30, 2013, 03:08:29 pm »

And so is your owner, it seems! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: May 30, 2013, 03:27:30 pm »

Trying to get Takkun in the photo: "This animal is not interested in your wishes."

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: May 30, 2013, 07:23:41 pm »

Just read the rules, and apparently we have to get inebriated BEFORE we play.  Down to the local pub I go for something a bit stronger than beer...

For some reason the way they show their familiarity with me at the local pub is to pour me more bourbon than I asked for.  So after two near-doubles and a Kokanee later, we begin...

DRINKS: 5
(one drink counting as a 12oz. 5% beer)

---

9:10pm

Ok, we're starting on the 5th of Malachite, which is the middle of summer.  So i'll go until then next year.  This might be a good time to reveal that I'm a semi-noob - never worked with Magma, never fought a forgotten beast.  So I'm ready for Fun.  :)

On that note, I've purposely chosen to ignore all posts about this fortress for maximum surprise.

Opening the Golden Ale.  Opening the file.

9:30pm

I have a reputation for holding my liquor that I plan on proving wrong tonight.  Sorry for the good grammar.

Wait... you fuckers have already tamed Hell?  Geez, what is there left to do.

The engineering going on here is beyond me.  Since my predecessors have been focused on improving their own livlihoods at the cost of the planet's expense, it's now time to focus on the dwarves themselves.  Are they truly happy in Singedcoal?

While this is a brilliantly designed... design from the top, the dwarves don't see it from the top, do they?  Poor claustrophobic Catten goes through terrible tremors just thinking of his long, narrow bedroom that he has to go to at night.  No wonder he's been getting negative thoughts from sleeping on the cave floor!

Immediately queed up a few hundred tables/thrones/beds/cabinets.  The new quarters must be masterwork-only.

Tons more cage traps.  Didn't you fools know that Armok loves cage traps?!  And by God, if I see you standing around without a job, you're now officially eithert a miner or mason.

Following Bax, the forgotten beast for a while.  He doesn't do much.  Still kind of scary though.

Births are happening... not a good sign.  Going to quit and reload with lower population numbers.  Got cocky with my last forterss and ended up at 15fps.

Let me go ahead and give appreciated for the Managed, without whom succession games would be way more of a pain in the ass.

10:00pm

Since you all are better masters of the underworld, I'm going to play with the overworld.  Sort of .   um

HOLY FUCK.  ASK ME HOW MUCH I CARE ABOUT SOME KAOLINITE EARRING.

THe security is a bit lax here for my tastes.  About 15 mlilitary swarves... not gonna dop it.  More archers I say.  Especially with this trhiurvoing steel industry you got going.

BTW listening to Daft Punk during all of this.  And the constrsnt 10+ idlers bothers me... when you don't know your dwarves, how can you manage them?  It's like being hired as a new boss with employees you've never met before and are all alcohoilcs and have never met you before.

The new miners are doiung well at thier new projects.

It takes a morbid dwarf to make his life's crowning acheivement a coffin... but we still appreciate the effort.

NO.  SOTP GIVING BIRTH.  I SERIOUSLY TURNED BABIES OFF IN LAZY NEWB PACK WHY ARE YOU HERE.

Construction of new beds is going slowly.  My turn is all about buearacracy.  You were happy before?  too bad, you are now being reassigned to your new government quarters

Golden Ale finished.  At 7.5% and 25oz, that now beings me to 8 drinks.

ALL NEARBY TREES MUST BE DEPMOISLIED!@  My predeccsors made som limestone blocks, for who knows why because I'm used to no flux xstone, but they're now becoming paved roads, because we must defeat the overwolred

Queueued up some big serrateds steel discs because those things are AWESOME.  Some dwarves suspended consturcition of fortification because they are pansy little bitches

10:30pm

Roads and outdoor fortificatrions are happening.  There's a few forgotten bewasts hanging around... just going to cross my fingers and hope they don't get up to much mischief.

The manager has never experienced thids much load of "create an unlimited amoinut of awesome stuff" before

What?  You don't know stone detaileing?  Whart were you born in a barn?

BTW, this file has all sorts of weird hacked messages that I'm not used to <_<

For fortifications to work, there needs to be a ditch on the outsifde.  This is my apology to the dwarves that started to build the ditch on the inside.

Daft Punnk album edned.  Putting on FFIV soundtrack.  THIS NOW MUWST BRECOME BARON CASTLE.

lol whoops backwards

Recipe: to create the ultimate "i don't give a shit about your safety dwarf:"

one part mining
one part wood cutting
one part masonry
one mart stone sdetailing

mix well and realie you can't do minig and wood cutting at the same time

Just spent some time looking at the undewrworld... my predeccors know what they are doing and are clearly taunting hell.  now that i'm in charge upstairs, they're looking up at me with contempt, but there's not much i can do about it

Adding more cage traps downstairs.  As long as trhey're imba, why not right?  Also, we should start a movemtn to nerf cage traps, because trhey're making traps in genral seems cheap.

11:00pm

The bourbon is overriding the beer, somehow.  Listening to a mix of the FFIV and FFVII soundtracks for this.  Feel strangely appropriate.

Outdoor security is now top priority, due to Final Fantasy music.  This must look like a CASTLE.  Plus the archers must make it proud

Also, fuck those lame forgotten beasts that are just chilling underground.. PUSSIES

Just dleted all burrows.  Figred that burrows are only worth it if you know exactly what is going on.

Even after deleting them, dwarves still aren't smoothing the floors.  IS IT LAZINESS?  IS IT?!

Quered up a few dozen weapon and armor rocks, cuz our masons are badas s and deserve a chance to show off

Goiung to dig lots and lots of defenses on the outsidfe...

Can't decide if I love you or ahet ypi fpr putting the river corssing a mile away from the castle entracne.  going to go with love you.

Let's go ahead and go nuts on the outdoor defenses.

11:30pm

Them evil cat people be approachin on our defenses

(just finished other beer, driunk total 10:)

Ordered up a bunch of armor and weapon racks, to make the place blingin.  my predecessors loved diggin channels, so diggin channels i will do.  gonna be a boring winter at this rate.

We built a castle, it burned down, sank into the swamp.  Let's try to make this one not sink intro the swamnp.

New appreciation for my predecessors' arrangements to keep us from danger.  Lots of good engineering here.

Just realized my predecessors have been ignoring th e needs of the nobles.  Communists.

...the outer defenses are coming along against Golbez, but what if something comes that we're not prepared for?

Something is feeling ominous...

12:00am

With the AM comes Zeromus on my playlist.  Coincidence?

Epic dwarven araven comeign in.  In awe as to the rourougness.  Wish
Oregon Trail had that.

After all this ridiculousness, the new quarters are yet to be carved by the miners.

I DON'T WANNA DISCUSS MY SITUATION OK

uh oh...

1:00am

Going to keep it simple and classy for the rst of the night.

Love the way children are so eager to tear down walls.

Too many ghosts.  Constructing 300 slabs.

--------------------------------
Next day: Well that was fun, a bit pointless, but still fun.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7708

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:35:00 pm by falafelsandwich »

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: May 30, 2013, 11:56:56 pm »

Ahh this should be good :D

how do I lizard Werewolf

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: May 31, 2013, 02:14:45 am »

AT A FORK IN THE ROAD.  KEEP GOING?  (Y/N)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: May 31, 2013, 07:42:53 am »

Y!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: May 31, 2013, 08:27:58 am »

WELL DONE falafelsandwich my friend!
When I last played the surface defences were a great concern for me.
Now I know that my dwarf can stumble around in a drunken stupor without a care.

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: May 31, 2013, 02:32:21 pm »

Urg.  ugh.

So... the whole rule of "drink until you are unquestionably inebriated" before starting followed by "continue drinking" led to a state of "passed the fuck out".

Will upload the save later once my headache dies down.  Made about 9 months and didn't really accomplish anything, but it was good fun all the same.  :)

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: May 31, 2013, 02:48:34 pm »

rofl that sounds about right.
The key is to get drunk and then maintain, rather than get drunk and drink faster.
The key to not passing out, anyway.
Not that my Drunk Fortress turns have managed that.

Tip: Playing half an hour of BF3 taking a shot any time you die without scoring a kill can be a real problem.
how do I lizard Werewolf
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 341