Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138704 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Fowl Weather: Not-so-sober Undead Avian Embark Year 1]
« Reply #1905 on: August 30, 2013, 11:55:14 pm »

We can't stop here, this is bat undead bird country!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: September 02, 2013, 01:47:47 pm »

So... anyone else taking the save ?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 05, 2013, 04:02:47 am »

I'll continue on the save in the weekend if nobody continues. after all I barely played one month on this new fort.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 06, 2013, 11:56:57 am »

No objection here, if someone doesn't grab it go ahead and continue.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 08, 2013, 10:57:04 am »

OK, I'll be starting to drink in the following hours then.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: September 08, 2013, 12:17:23 pm »

12:17 Okay, that's about one pint of beer in my body. Starting DF just about right now.
12:25 Cracked open another half-pint of Wel Scotch beer. It's visibly with Highlands malt, but it is tasty.
We are the 13th of Felsite in 131.

We do have a full farm of plump helmet, still 7 dwarves, the fort is locked from the possible undead. Food is sufficient, as is drink.

Talking of drink, I really must drink more to start the game. Finishing my bottle.

I will name the dwarves meanwhile.

12:34 Well, dwarves are named. BEHOLD!

Finished third beer. (They're 1/2 pint, or 25cl ones) Must drink more.

12:37 That blue Chimay STILL isn't at correct temperature. Meanwhile, my pet mantis seems to disagree. Well, back to Wel Scotch.

12:40 So... I Just realized my bridge is completely fucking useless due to the entry corridor being open on the topside. Well, time to build a mason's workshop, blocks and floor up this stuff.

12:49 See ? Takes me that much time to get 2 images together, look.

this is z-level and z-level +1. SO yeah. Haven't even unpaused DF. I guess I should do it.

12:53 a wild echidna corpse appeared oh wait why the hell I ameven doing pokemon shout outs in there. No, there's an echidna corpse in the map. anyways, my 2 pulling animals are hungry. Gonna build a butcher to permanently solve their hunger.

13:10 oh, it's already summer ? and 21 hematite ? oh well, a yak is on the way to butcher. I will also make a throne for the blood god i mean for the... bookkeeper.

13:12 Well, some coati corpse has come to disrupt my walling operations. I shall kill him, in fact the war dogs are already in the task.

13:18 Food and drink are just fine. No more undead. Walling bridge project is going just fine. Seems the fort is just good.

13:21 Well... I'm pretty drunk, the fort is safe, and everything is going well. Waiting for migrants and caravan.

13:26 That Chimay is good. Two ravens outside, nothing more. Maybe I should build the main industries ? Yes, I should.

13:37 More food stockpiles ! More farm plots! More manly music like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iof5pRAIZmw !

Has also started to move the industres from their original, temporary positions to their first positions. Maybe I should send that wwoodcutterr to cut more wood (what else ?) for the beds I will need.

13:44 Well, I never saw this error message.

"cannot produce: drink"

No matter. I probably don' t have enough barrels... i mean rock pots.

also new order is pretty awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KUiXtz10Ho

I have enough drink already, it's the 13th of Malachite and the industries are going rather well.

13:47 well.... when I meant "enough drink" I meant my Dwarves. Of course. Right. Personally, still sipping that Chimay. Maybe I should drink more ? Two ravens are harmelesssly flying in the fly wind. Well. This part undead fort's going well. No more FOWL weather to worry about.

13:50 I struck aquifer. Is there an aquifer on there ? Well anyways I prepared a well-pit. Must drink moar!

13:56 Building food stockpile on top of aquifer. New Order is still awesome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9DEUl4i2FM) Not drinking enough, must finish that Chimay...

13:58 Feeling good, by that I mean drunk. Still in malachite. Let's do something dwarven, but what ? Migrants please.

14:00 amusingly enough... The migrantss were already here when I posted that 13:58 post. They're all in the meeting room as well.

also, a cow moose corpse ? bit more dangerous. CLOSE the BRIDGE!!!

I must name all the migrants as well. We're up to 15 right now.

Stormtroopers, go !

14:14 Finished with the naming, here's the thing

Maybe I should move worvward. I meant forward. My drunked bad.

14:22 Cow moose corpse is locked outside, listening to Scruffy's choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8-ItRoHJM0

One cat is outside, three inside. Eh, there's a kitten inside. Who cares ? We're not going to die via catspololosion.

14:30 Well, I'm digging the bedrooms to angry marines music : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdCpF8o5LUo

Why I am listening to loyalist scum things ? blame it on alcohol. anyways, must finish chimay.

STILL malachite. oh armok what.

14:36 Saving game. Not sure if I can go through the whole year with my beer reserves.

14:45 It's 20th of galena. Things are getting pretty smooth. Dining room is being built, then we'll get more stuff... like rock pots.

14:54 Early autumn ! Someone seems to be fishing of all things. Where is the idiot ? Is he trying to catch the mighty, elusive aquifer turtle ?

On other matters I havee finished my chimay and also drinking rollmops sauce. Nope, doesn't care if vinegar. Gets me stronger.

15:00 Well... Just got another batch of migrants. It's 22 Limestone, time to name these new arrivals.

15:08 part of naming shall be Revealed! Behold !(mk2)

THERE IS ONLY WAR

15:51 Did a pause, was playing Dawn of War.

Now back to DF.

15:58 Well, first strange mood. Let'ss see what it gets.

16:02 Changing soundtrack to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtxJWyW8hFk

Because MotB fuck yes. Now for the news of the fortress...

Kamin has started a masonry strange mood ! He has taken  granite, bituminous coal and rough schorls. Seems we have a legendary mason right about now. Let's see what he builds.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:58:13 pm by Naryar »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 08, 2013, 02:11:11 pm »

Oh, listening to Guile theme. Good choice. How about something a bit different? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8-ItRoHJM0
Turn seems to be going smoothly  :D

13:44 Well, I never saw this error message.

"cannot produce: drink"

Ugh. That thing again.
Our save is pretty screwed. I think that someone used dfhack or something and after that DF keeps giving loads of those errors. I was getting alot of them on my earlier turns and seems like changing the site did not remove it. I even tried playing in adventure mode and I keep getting those. The world even causes legendviewer to crash when you try to load it!  :-\
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pretty annoying and I recommend that we generate a new world after this fort crumbles.

The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 08, 2013, 05:03:31 pm »

Well, I don't feel like playing anymore.

Here, the save's mid of autumn. No updates have been done since last time. Surprise artifact by Kamin will happen very soon.

Will upload the save very soon.

Edit: here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/2471301492/DrunkerFortress.rar
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:14:56 pm by Naryar »

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 09, 2013, 10:28:37 am »

Cool beans, plump helmates, nice work getting all of the old overseers named!

Bummer about the save corruption already.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 13, 2013, 04:13:09 pm »

So... has turover just decreased in September ? I remember when we used to miss a turn because someone else started another already.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1915 on: September 14, 2013, 04:59:36 am »

So... has turover just decreased in September ? I remember when we used to miss a turn because someone else started another already.
Apparently too many people have LIVES this month. I do not approve.  >:(

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 14, 2013, 09:19:38 am »

Gonna have the house to myself tomorrow, apparently.
Let's see if I can get some money for booze in the meantime... seems like a long shot, I have under $30 in my bank account just now. :P

Still, I've wanted to try this for a long time. I have a few cheap-arse beers left in the dark depths of the pantry, and I could probably rake together enough cash for a bottle of Bundy's. Although I would really prefer to get some whiskey, since the one time I drank rum was... traumatic.

All going well, I'll do a turn. (If worst comes to worst there's always goon cask wine!)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 14, 2013, 11:21:07 am »

$30 is plenty to get smashed, YOU CAN DO THIS!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 14, 2013, 01:39:06 pm »

I'll be sure to watch over your turn and give you support if it's not too late.

Go for it ! Get boozed up and fall asleep play!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 14, 2013, 03:07:59 pm »

PTW, how did I not notice this before?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 341