Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1139002 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [World Drunk III!]
« Reply #2025 on: September 28, 2013, 07:25:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2:02 So tempting...

2:04 of fuck what have i dopne? What kind of idiot would make a lever drop supiorts on stuff? Oh

2:06 Scuffy has gone stark raving made. Er, one of tje Scruffies. Sertiouysly there's like 2 or
Scruffy has been miserable lately. He has suffered the travesty of art defacement. He was forced to watch his 5z magmaheated apartment complex collapse and burn.
Aww. :'( I hoped that it would last longer. It is just too tempting NOT to place a lever on such a project.

Good turn though. So, both Scruffies are insane? One berserk inside a small wooden cage and other stark raving mad and dead?
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: September 28, 2013, 09:18:01 am »

Finagle's law in action.

It's funny, though.

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: September 28, 2013, 10:26:47 am »

I'm... frankly surprised that the fortress is still going. :o (Ok, technically the fort will survive as long as the vampire stays locked in his one-tile cell, but you know what I mean.)
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: September 28, 2013, 10:31:03 am »

Edited my earlier post to include the save, so yay.

Scruffy has been miserable lately. He has suffered the travesty of art defacement. He was forced to watch his 5z magmaheated apartment complex collapse and burn.
Aww. :'( I hoped that it would last longer. It is just too tempting NOT to place a lever on such a project.

Good turn though. So, both Scruffies are insane? One berserk inside a small wooden cage and other stark raving mad and dead?

I blame you for giving me prime Schmuck Bait when it's the first time I'd ever been that drunk. ;A;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: September 28, 2013, 02:04:35 pm »

I blame you for giving me prime Schmuck Bait when it's the first time I'd ever been that drunk. ;A;

The man does make a very good point, Scruffy...

on another matter I will probably take a turn Monday.

If someone doesn't kill off the fort beforehand, of course.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:08:12 pm by Naryar »

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: September 29, 2013, 11:02:47 pm »

Too much win has happened since I last read this thread (was out of town for a week) to quote it all. Suffice to say I just spent quite a bit of time laughing reading it all :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: September 30, 2013, 12:00:27 pm »

I'm gonna hope the next person manages a full year since I only made it to spring. Ideally without finding the hard way what any of those other levers do.

And I just realized that magma gun might backfire hilariously if it can flow through the fortifications in front of the entryway.

Also, anyone know why all the tiles were screwed up on my turn? O.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: September 30, 2013, 12:07:52 pm »

Also, anyone know why all the tiles were screwed up on my turn? O.o

I was using a graphics pack on my turn, those tend to mess with tiles.  (I think it was Phoebus... one of those that come with the Lazy Newb Pack, anyway.)

You could've probably fixed it by replacing the "raw" folder inside the save with the vanilla DF version.  Or by using LNP and choosing "Default ASCII" as the graphics.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:11:00 pm by vyznev »
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: October 03, 2013, 03:42:08 pm »

Just noticed an interesting little thing.
If you sort the threads in community games & stories by the amount of views !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! is number 21 of the threads posted during the last 5 years. 21st of 2742. Just behind the wellknown megathreads
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: October 03, 2013, 08:02:47 pm »

At this point it probably is a well known megathread :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: October 03, 2013, 08:42:05 pm »

I'm on my way to TJ's to pick up a couple bottles of chuck, then I'll be preparing for a round tonight.

EDIT: Ok, I've popped the cork of this merlot. Because I'm a trashy drinker, I'm gonna be havign thiss tuff right out of the bottle, and will be measuring my wine intake with the rather dubious measurement of "fingers," i.e. finger width. As evidenced by the string of typos int he preiovus sentence (and this one, christ) I'm already three fingers in. The save is downloading now.

Also, I was pretty terrible about following the rules of the thread during my last turn - I'll do better this time.

EDIT 2: For my own reference, these are the curretn standing rules:
  • Every single time you order a batch of booze to be made (by manager or directly in still), finish your drink. (Naryar)
  • At least once per season, you must sacrifice a creature to Armok by dropping it down the chute. (Vyznev)

Uh oh. That first one could cause some trouble if I take it RAW. We'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:35:31 pm by DS »
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: October 03, 2013, 09:28:59 pm »

I'm on my way to TJ's to pick up a couple bottles of chuck, then I'll be preparing for a round tonight.

EDIT: Ok, I've popped the cork of this merlot. Because I'm a trashy drinker, I'm gonna be havign thiss tuff right out of the bottle, and will be measuring my wine intake with the rather dubious measurement of "fingers," i.e. finger width. As evidenced by the string of typos int he preiovus sentence (and this one, christ) I'm already three fingers in. The save is downloading now.

Also, I was pretty terrible about following the rules of the thread during my last turn - I'll do better this time.

Oooh, eager to see the Fun ensue. <3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: October 03, 2013, 09:50:55 pm »

Ok, here we go. I'm about four and ahalf fingers into this bottle of Charles Shaw. YOLO

Here it is. Good luck, fuckers.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:02:46 am by DS »
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: October 04, 2013, 10:07:07 am »

8:42 - in the hopes that I might repel the goblins, I sent out the only squad we have. it ended - well, youc an see for yourself.

Ouch. So much for that partially-filled marksdwarf squad I drafted, I'm guessing? If they weren't pathing up towards the entryway like they should, I would've suggested luring them near, then hitting that "sdeal off the front gate" lever I made and let the goblins eat bolt. o3o

In any case, seems we've officially doomed overseers to a perpetual curse of partially-finished years. ;A;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: October 04, 2013, 11:04:07 am »

If I recall correctly, most of those marksdwarves were killed when I inadvertently flooded the entry corridor with magma.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 341