Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138757 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [better not ask questions.]
« Reply #2085 on: December 02, 2013, 08:07:19 pm »

I'd take a turn, but it'll have to wait about two weeks - going home over the weekend, and I shouldn't drink during the week.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [The Era of Brokenmugs]
« Reply #2086 on: December 03, 2013, 08:02:02 am »

This is the Era of Brokenmugs. But if there's one thing I've learned about drinking, dorfs will always, ALWAYS find a way.

Time to abandon the broken mugs for casks, friends. Strike that oh-so drunken earth.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: December 03, 2013, 12:01:39 pm »

Imagine the plants that would grow out of that beer-soaked earth.....

The trees would be distorted and gnarled, their trunks deep brown, almost ebony, and their leaves would be white; they would flow in the wind like a foamy froth in tempest.
The grass...Well, the grass would be long and wavy, undulating in different directions, though usually against the wind. They would appear unbalanced and unstable....
And the rivers, now the rivers...they would flow through banks of loamy earth, gathering every drop of liquor they can squeeze from the ground. The clear and sparkling quality would stun and ensnare passing animals who, upon drinking, would suddenly see the world in a new, magical, wavy light. These rivers would flow betwixt the trees and grasses, over distorted rocks and through saturated hills as the sun stared balefully down at them, before letting out into the great, froth-tipped seas. And above even the sun, beyond the pinpricks of light which are distant worlds, Great Armok the Beer God would look in drunken contemplation of his creation, and he would be happy.

Edit: Not quite sure why I wrote this, but what the hell.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #2088 on: December 04, 2013, 11:50:31 pm »

Imagine the plants that would grow out of that beer-soaked earth.....

The trees would be distorted and gnarled, their trunks deep brown, almost ebony, and their leaves would be white; they would flow in the wind like a foamy froth in tempest.
The grass...Well, the grass would be long and wavy, undulating in different directions, though usually against the wind. They would appear unbalanced and unstable....
And the rivers, now the rivers...they would flow through banks of loamy earth, gathering every drop of liquor they can squeeze from the ground. The clear and sparkling quality would stun and ensnare passing animals who, upon drinking, would suddenly see the world in a new, magical, wavy light. These rivers would flow betwixt the trees and grasses, over distorted rocks and through saturated hills as the sun stared balefully down at them, before letting out into the great, froth-tipped seas. And above even the sun, beyond the pinpricks of light which are distant worlds, Great Armok the Beer God would look in drunken contemplation of his creation, and he would be happy.

Edit: Not quite sure why I wrote this, but what the hell.

And from the mantis's compound eye flowed a single, perfect tear...

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 05, 2013, 12:12:04 am »

ill do it in the weekend ok

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 07, 2013, 05:38:45 pm »

i am sorry
i am so, so sorry
but...too drunk

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: December 07, 2013, 05:41:19 pm »

You Can't be too drunk...it's Drunk Fortress, for crying out loud
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: December 07, 2013, 05:44:10 pm »

If you can manage to post, you can manage to horribly mess up the communal fort.
Although if you're drunk, you might realize you have better things to do. Like call you ex.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: December 07, 2013, 05:45:36 pm »

If you can manage to post, you can manage to horribly mess up the communal fort.
Although if you're drunk, you might realize you have better things to do. Like call you ex.
no....nothig
sorry gotta sleep
my belly hurts i downloaded the thing but cannot do anyhting
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:12:37 pm by ancistrus »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: December 07, 2013, 08:52:08 pm »

Let this be a lesson, drunkers! Don't overdo it.

Also make sure any sharp implements and distracting mobile phones are removed from the vicinity

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 07, 2013, 11:37:30 pm »

Also make sure any sharp implements and distracting mobile phones are removed from the vicinity

No! Leave your phones for the pleasure of the beer god! We gotta make it worth his while, too. You don't want to be cursed with sobriety, now do you?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: December 08, 2013, 01:23:49 am »

Well I would not call that overdoing it...the biggest problem was that i had been awake for 20+ hours and really needed sleep

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: December 08, 2013, 11:09:32 am »

Aye. The binges of legend are not repeatable for most men. And look what they did to the fort!
Just get sloshed enough to screw up your game, not enough to make you sick. Nobody benefits if you drink that much. Well, except the guy who sold you all that booze...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: December 08, 2013, 11:19:39 am »

Aye. The binges of legend are not repeatable for most men. And look what they did to the fort!
Just get sloshed enough to screw up your game, not enough to make you sick. Nobody benefits if you drink that much. Well, except the guy who sold you all that booze...

And your ex when you get back together....Ah, booze is a wondrous liquid, 'Tis it not?  :)
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: December 08, 2013, 05:23:46 pm »

Damn it. If this keeps up I will be forced to take a second turn in a row (again)!
The good news is that I don't remember anything from the previous turn so it is all new to me.
Dorfmas (Uristmas? Dorf Christmas?) is a time of intoxication and forgotten evenings of DF. Surely atleast one of you will drink too much eggnog (or Uncle Urist's Special Koboldbulb Cider) and will be ready to take a turn
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 341