Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138568 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [The Era of Brokenmugs]
« Reply #2100 on: December 08, 2013, 07:34:27 pm »

Let this be a lesson, drunkers! Don't overdo it.

Also make sure any sharp implements and distracting mobile phones are removed from the vicinity

Aye. The binges of legend are not repeatable for most men. And look what they did to the fort!
Just get sloshed enough to screw up your game, not enough to make you sick. Nobody benefits if you drink that much. Well, except the guy who sold you all that booze...

And your ex when you get back together....Ah, booze is a wondrous liquid, 'Tis it not?  :)

Your drunk dials go very differently from mine, I take it.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: December 09, 2013, 07:10:20 pm »

I just learned that my holiday break will be longer than expected.  Still a few weeks away, but I will get in on this once again.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: December 15, 2013, 06:26:44 pm »

Thats it. If you are not going to get drunk then I am! On Tuesday when my holidays begin.
It appears that this succession fort is going down but atleast now I AM TAKING YOU ALL THE FORT DOWN WITH ME!

Damn lazy, sober bums.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: December 15, 2013, 08:09:46 pm »

I've been too busy :(

Almost got my brother to start a game drunk last night though, I'm going to continue my efforts.
Noob+drunk+DF=win?
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: December 16, 2013, 02:10:26 pm »

I've been too busy :(

Almost got my brother to start a game drunk last night though, I'm going to continue my efforts.
Noob+drunk+DF=win?

If you're drunk it does!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: December 17, 2013, 03:43:26 pm »

It is dorf time!

Thanks to whoi ever made this pic. I am too drunk to find oout

And so it begins...

Already had half a liter of beer, a white russian and a glog with a large shot of jagermeister. Reserved a litre of 14% homewine for this session
Ugh. Why am I downdlioand the save? I was the one wo took the preicoes turn sho I should already have it.
Stooped fixing typos as you can see. It reads asd it flows. THe drunkend, dorfen state of bind. Mind

A month an dhalf since the last turn? darn it
It is my second turn in a row but someone has to ruin the fort instead of letting it rot
I cant rem ember ANYTHING about my turn so it is like starting a new save.
What to do, what to do...
We have magma. something relating to it.
A annon? Ues. A amga cannon
Perhaps a burning chamber too.
Something fun to read and wtire

Okay, a dorfing chamber full of magma. Drunk fortress needs it's !!.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gaöema

more bedrooms

moody. need wood
need caversn for foowd wood!

So hungry. Ran out o fuud. I think that I am sover enough do do some steam cooking. Yes. Surely.
have some extra kimchi dumpings i cn gook. kimchi, pretty good actually.
kind of like korean/chisese saurkraut or what ever your call it. sour cabbage
i kind of like fermented foods like fermented cucumber and sour cabbage

More gobbos

more drinking. a glas
Stop interruptin clover gobobs. die booggob

Need parts for the magma swimmingpool. aprts. pumps. grates. expendable forkers
Canekls sill stalking the outisde
damn killer camels.
Damn crundlkes

What the hell happende ?
Magma burning enterence
we abear to be on fire

Dem dorfs. Dey ded now
nerserk dorf likked a few dorfs. happens
5 berserk yaks. crap
more dorfs berserk. fun.
still burnign

when did we lose 50 dorfs?
someone mad greaves out of deaed camels and reindeer
wju is eveyrone miserable? they all have happy thoughts about admiring beautiful restraints and cages.
they just lost a few frinds and familumenmbers. pissues.

gobbo siege. our bridge metled

Magmaswimingpool soon. then we will let the gobbos in

Everyone tantrumming or berserking. poor bastards
berserk bobnova
burning babies
business as usual
,ag,age tpu magma toy ready
uh oh. did not think this through. no way to control properöly..
,aking improvisations., will burn shit before stooping turn. i have to
moar crundle trouble

tjese stone dorfs dont look like dorfs with tilests
tjos egmnraving explains everyhthng about the fort.

;eet Urist
Urist is a dorf
Just like evrey other dorf
She si carrying her lovely bearded baby
she has wa husband, chidlren and is fondd of drinking
Infact she is likly the habiest dorf on fort
Now we see what happens to urist when she enters perhas teh most basic state of dorfgen being
the transiotion from dorf to !!DORF!! if you will..

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8224
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:49:15 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: December 17, 2013, 08:36:04 pm »

Yay for !!MAGMA!!
I want to swqim

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: December 18, 2013, 02:50:57 pm »

Uploaded the save

Et tu, Urist

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: December 21, 2013, 10:02:27 pm »

Heh, I like the room of dwarf faces.  Did the entrance spring a leak and melt down or what?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: December 22, 2013, 02:04:36 pm »

So, holidays. On the one hand, lots of time to rest, which is super nice. On the other hand, lots of free time, and Borderlands is best taken in three- or four-hour doses. So I thought to myself, "I wonder if there's any Succession Games that need an out-of-practice Overseer".

I've loaded the save at the bottom of Scruffy's post, but other than having the actual physical fortress and the premise of the thread I'm pretty much coming in blind here. I also haven't actually managed to participate in a Succession game before. Basically this is going to be a huge mess.

So, basically, play one year, make notes, do it all whilst drunk and drinking. Anything else I need to know?
(...and you guys ARE looking for drunk Overseers just now, right? Or would I be jacking someone else's turn?)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: December 22, 2013, 02:21:06 pm »

So, basically, play one year, make notes, do it all whilst drunk and drinking. Anything else I need to know?
(...and you guys ARE looking for drunk Overseers just now, right? Or would I be jacking someone else's turn?)

Sounds about right. Downloading the save while still more or less sober is highly recommended. Turns are on first-drunk-first-served basis, so unless someone else has posted that they're playing right now, you're good to go.
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: December 22, 2013, 02:24:56 pm »

...Gimme like 30 mins to stock up on Root Beer & Amaretto & Vodka.
I've got the save loaded and I can look around and unpause and stuff, but a bunch of the walls have a different ASCII tile than I'm used to. They normally just have a textured look on my computer, but now all the walls (and the trees?!?) have ASCIIS. Probably because the rest of you use a texture pack that I'm deliberately not using...

Glad I'm gonna be drinking for this, though. Trying to salvage this place sober would be depressing.

EDIT: Okay, so that was more like 2 hours, but I got some errands done too. Anyway, I'm slightly intoxicated now, so I'll be starting my turn. Wish me luck, I think I'm gonna need it.

P.S. I'm usually quite eloquent when typing, so if I don't sound drunk, it's because I correct my own spelling a lot. I won't be proofreading before I hit Post though.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:17:54 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: December 22, 2013, 05:44:38 pm »

Before starting, I chugged a can of root beer mixed with 2/5 of a bottle of Creme de Menthe. Tasted weird. Good, but weird. I'm working on a (really big) glass of vodka and root beer. It tastes slightly less good and slightly more weird, but it has higher alcohol content so meh. Apparently the vodka is made from iceberg-water, so that's completely uninteresting.

Shoruke's Log: 18th of Granite (early spring)
I, the new Overseer, hereby declare this place a friggin' mess. It's like it was designed by drunk idiots or something. This makes sense, because the place is inhabited entirely by drunken idiots. Except the ones who are dying of dehydration. Actually, I think they're drunk, too.

There's two guys stuck in very small rooms. I wonder if they're supposed to be vampires or something, but one of them is dying of not being drunk enough, so I let him out.

There's some stairways going waaay down to, like, the mantle or something. One of them is flooded. The other is flooded with magma. Why...

There's another Dwarf who's kinda just sitting in a room with nothing in it, not even space. Her name is Vampy. Just gonna.... leave her alone.

There's a ghost hanging out in one of the corridors, admiring the artwork, and another I need a drink. (fetches forth a lot of Amaretto plus most of a can of root beer)That's better. Doesn't taste as good as I remember but I'll get through it.
There's a ghost in the corridor looking at pictures of politics, and another ghost in one of the (four?) magma pits. I looked around in the stockpile record for their corpses, but they don't seem to have any. So I'm going to carve them some memorial slabs, using the craftsdwarves' workshops conveniently located outside the fortress.

Why the fuck are they there.

We need more graves, I think. There's a bunch of Dwarfen corpses thrown into this gigantic "dead stuff" stockpile (that's somehow separated into four rooms). Actually, we have lots of sarcophogi built, just not set up. So... gonna make the grave bigger!

I think we need a mechanic... or like, five... we have all these cage traps outside the door and all these empty cages, and nobody's filling them. SPeaking of traps, I checked out the military. We have a squad full of people who have a weapon skill, three militia captains that aren't anybody, and Scruffy. AQpparently Scruffy is his/her own squad. We've got a lot of caged gobbos, though. Anyway I turned one of the farmers into a mechanic.

"What do you do?"
"I, uh... mill."
"Not anymore, now you're a mechanic."

I'm sure she'll do a great job. How hard can it be to load cage traps with cages? It might be actually really hard though, one of the Dwarves seems to have died trying. Or maybe he died because of that {copper bolt}.

One of the corpses in the dead stockpile was a forgotten beast, who I think bled to death all over himselfr. That, or it killed someone else named Nifi and then bathed in them. And got puked on a lot.

Spoiler: pic (click to show/hide)

I'm gonna post what I've written so far and restart Firefox, it's failing to update itself and being retardedly slow.

*done*
Okay so we need a broker/appraiser person. We do totally have a borker, she just sucks at her job. (I totally wrote "borker" there... lol oops) So I guess I'll... leave her alone and hope she gets better? Oh, we don't have a trade depot. No wonder she sucks. I'll put one... uh...

Wait... we also don't have a front door? Just a magma trench. BRIDGE TIME
Also I'll just put a depot next to the "Finished Goods stockpile." What could go wrong? It's not like traderps are larcenous or anything.

Everybody is starting to piss me off with not being able to butcher any animals. So I told them to butcher all the pets that aren't anyone's pets. That'll shut them up. Someone has gone missing, though. I'm sure it's unrelated. I checked the stockpile record for his corpse. I don't know why I expected to be able to find it that way.

Whoever set up the 'H'otkeys was a very strange person. There's one for the "gate" (which is a trench), one for the "temple" (which points to an engraved room with a pit in it), one for a "Drop zone" (which points at a hill?), (oh wait that's the cliff over the volcano)(it wasn't designated as a Garbage Zone though so I fixed that) and one that labelled "Craft Shop" that points at the farms. My favorite shortcut is the one labelled Deostsj (with a sigma instead of an o) that points at one of the failed project areas under the fort. I know it's a failed project because it's flooded with magma. Always a good sign.

Where's the meeting hall in this place? I'm gonna put the lever to open and close the front gate's new bridge there, so that anybody can pull it when they're on break or partying. Can't go wrong there.

...Can't find it. Guess I'm putting the lever at this random spot in the main staircase. I'm sure it won't be hard for the Dwarves to get to when they need to close the fort off against invaders. I'll put a note on it for future people to use so they know where it is.

Speaking of notes, whoever wrote all these ones on the magma cannon (I think that's what this is supposed to be?) over the entrance was not very good with posti-it notes. One of them says "burns shit", without specifying what shit or whose, one says "gates to magmabath" (is that for us or for someone else? And where is it?), one says "magmapool gate" (again... where?), and one says "point 7". At least that last one doesn't have a lever, or that'd just be confusing.

Also the magma reservoir is dried up, so I told those two pump-operating people to stop pumping air and go get drunk or something. Then I pulled the magmapool gate lever, and oh look at how genious I am, the magma reservoir is filling up all on its own without us having to use manual pumps.

What the hell is Creeping dust.
Why is it here
Why is it red
Oh well, one of those ghosts got laid to rest (heh heh, "got laid") and the cloud kinda missed us anyway so i'ts all good

FUCK stop whining about not butchering things jesus
what do you even want
stop

Ohey it's mid-spring now. I should probably mention that so that people don't think all of that was like, one day. Also I finished my Amaretto and I should probably have a sammich before I get any drunker
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:20:34 pm by shoruke »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: December 22, 2013, 06:08:13 pm »

Awhhhh it's more fun when they use drunk speak. Oh well  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: December 22, 2013, 07:24:15 pm »

Okay I've got a sammich and now I'm getting drunk on roob beer!!! (bite me my tummy is sick)
Also I meant root* beer

WHOA you can zoom in/out of Dwqarf Fortress by mouse-scrolling? I never use the mouse for DF so I ddin't even know that until just now  :o

Did I mention these guys won't shut up about not butchering things and it's starting to piss me off?

Spoiler: no really (click to show/hide)

Well, I guess if these scrubs have something important to say there's a good chance I'll miss it. Dumbasses deserve it.

...All of the coffins were claimed super fast and there's still dorf corpses, so I told the manager to tell the dorfs to build 60 more. THen I realized there wasn't a managed, so I was like "hey you you're the manager now"

Why doesn't f1 point at the gate anymore, that's weird.

Someone got possessed and took over a magma forge, which is cool, but now I forget where I put the new maga- fuck. Manager's* table. Looks like the artifact is gonna be lame, too, it's only made of 1 zinc bar and nothing else.

IS EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU A BUTCHER OR WHAT?!? goddamn. There brewer, the miner, the militia captain, they all want to butcher things and they whine and bitch every second they aren't.

Also, never mind about that artifact being lame. It's a Zinc War Hammer. A spiked war hammer. That's actually kind of cool. Assuming the spikes are on the hammer part and not the handle part or something stupid like that.

I'd tell you how much this hammer is worth but I don't know because our appraiser doesn't appraise shit.
And I seriously have lost this table. I don't know where it went. I thought it was right around the main staircase just above ground level but it's not, so I don't know.

Nobody was getting around to building that bridge, even though all the masons were also architects (like they should have been, holy shit a scrap of sanity), so now all the miners are architects too. Hopefully that doesn't interrupt operations much in the future. But who would need to mine things and also construct things at the same time? Oh wait... I've done that... oh well I'm sure it will be no big deal. After all, I'm writing what I've done here, so I'm sure future Overseers will know what's up when the mining isn't getting done.

...Unless they're like me and didn't read more than 12 posts of the thread, in which case I'm going to burn in hell for hypocrisy. Oh well  ;D

These weird clouds have terrible aim. "oh noez, that little patch of dirt over there got a cloud to the face. Whatever shall we do~"

My sammich is almost done and my tummy doesn't feel as sick, so it's time for more Creme de Menthe. 15% alcohol per volume unit on this stuff. Tougher than (North American) beer (which I don't drink), but not nearly as tough as that Vodka was. 40% alcohol for the Vodka. Whew.
I like how two shots of Creme de Menthe mixed with a whole can of Barqs is dark green instead of brown. Funny how that works.
It's a good sign when you spill the first sip of a new drink on yourself. It was just a few drops, but... hmmm.

Anyway, that bridge still isn't friggin' getting built, so I made all the craftsdwarfves into Architects as well. And I made one of them into a Mason mechanic, too, because we just do not need a dedicated potter. Fuck pots. Pots suck.

Man who the hell was our HR person? We have a wax worker who works wax (sure she does), chops trees, tans hides, and designs buildings, except when she doesn't because she is a lazy fuck just like all the other architects.

Hey, sweet, I found that table again. Now the manager can go manage something. Apparently the table was a few levels below the magma stuff, not above it. That's why I was confused earlier.

I just realized those slabs I told the Dwarves to make didn't get made because the workshops I assigned them to be made in are outside, and the Dwarves aren't. Dumbasses. Guess I'll use one of the other Craftsdwarves workshops. How many of those do we have, anyway?
*checks* Nine. Four of which are outside. Fun, fun, fun.

Hey, Creme de Menthe tastes kinda vaguely like mouth wash. I wonder if it would make good mouth wash. In hopefully unrelated news, the Elves are here to trade, and they're disappointed because nobody has built that fucking bridge yet. Nobody has finished hollowing out that little space I was going to put the Trade Depot in, either. The miners are all too busy not digging to go dig, apparently. They aren't doing anything else, so... I don't get it.

The manager hasn't gotten around to telling the others to make coffins yet because she's too busy doing stonework. Apparently the Ranger had absolutely no jobs assigned (not even "haul stuff"), so now he's the manager. That'll learn 'im to out-lazy me. I'm a university student on holidays! Nobody out-lazies me and gets away with it, except maybe other university students!

The Elven traders got ambushed by goblins with hammers. Oh no, whatever shall we do without their keen wit and their haughty demeanor and their general douchebaggery. BETTER, is what we'll do. We'll do better without them. Nyeh.

...Wait what? The Goblins left without attacking. That's slightly unnerving. There are no reports of recent combat, there are no goblin hammermen on the map, I don't get it. Are they scared of the Elves, or in league with them?

Oh, and apparently someone made the whole fort into a burrow, so that's why the Trade Depot and bridge weren't being build. I have half a mind to just delete that burrow.
...Maybe that's a bad idea. For now, I'll just expand it so that work can get done on my immediate projects. At the very least, I want to rob the Elves blind. (Who the hell would trade with Elves?)

Hey, some kid toppled a statue. If he wasn't a ghost I'd give him what-for. As it is, I'm just gonna give him a memorial slab instead. SUCK EXCORCISM, BITCH!

It's summer now!
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 341