Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138506 times)

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [The Era of Brokenmugs]
« Reply #2250 on: April 08, 2014, 07:03:08 pm »

I wish I could spare the time, money, and computing power, but all are beyond my reach at the moment.  Dear Bay Watchers, take the Drunk challenge.  Be the Best (worst) overseer you can be.  Drink for Arnok!
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: April 09, 2014, 06:39:37 am »

I wish I could spare the time, money, and computing power, but all are beyond my reach at the moment.  Dear Bay Watchers, take the Drunk challenge.  Be the Best (worst) overseer you can be.  Drink for Arnok!

Legal age limits...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: April 09, 2014, 08:34:55 am »

Legal age limits...
We want you to drink, not get laid.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: April 09, 2014, 08:37:42 am »

Legal age limits...

And legal age limits fall into place again. Seventeen years old, man.

Also, I'm sigging that.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 09, 2014, 08:41:41 am »

Legal age limits...

Also, I'm sigging that.
Why can't America be more like Germany? Here, it's perfectly fine for a toddler to down a couple of shots of tequila as long as it's not in public and his parents allow it. You can legally get sloshed in public as soon as you're sixteen. Most people get drunk for the first time around fourteen!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: April 09, 2014, 08:42:55 am »

Legal age limits...

Also, I'm sigging that.
Why can't America be more like Germany? Here, it's perfectly fine for a toddler to down a couple of shots of tequila as long as it's not in public and his parents allow it. You can legally get sloshed in public as soon as you're sixteen. Most people get drunk for the first time around fourteen!

'Straya, mate. Living on University campus, so 18's the limit here.
Still, less than a year to go!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: April 09, 2014, 08:43:54 am »

Legal age limits...

Also, I'm sigging that.
NINJA'ED.
It's mostly the same here, some of us just have parents/selves who abide by laws.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: April 13, 2014, 08:43:48 am »

It has been over a month since the last turn. I find this lack of intoxication deeply disturbing
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: April 29, 2014, 11:20:28 am »

I'll have this place in mind.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: May 02, 2014, 02:56:32 pm »

It has been over a month since the last turn. I find this lack of intoxication deeply disturbing
Maybe when I have a day of free time I'll do another round. As in, a day when I'm not moving. Or working. Or both. Or teaching my lil' sis to drive. And don't have to do any of those things the next day either.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: May 19, 2014, 04:47:25 am »

This is a brilliant, osome thread. I put my seal of approval on it to remember it some time later and participate.

P.s.
For the beer's sake!
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: May 21, 2014, 05:34:26 pm »

You know what? I have been trying to avoid myself from becomming the next victim of drunkfortress but I love this fortress too much to avoid it. I want the fortress to endure and survive even if it will be forgotten soon since nobody seems eager to play. I did not want to take a turn before someone else did but a few months of waiting is enough. Time to keep !!DRUNKFORTESS!! going. Frankly I have better things to do than play this suggessionfort but someone has to do it lest we be forgotten. Time to check out the save

Edit:
Time to play. Drunk.
I drank a full glass of 22% wine a bit over an hour ago on one gulp and headed for the nearest bar. Drank a cider, a pint of lager and a 20cl glass of some really crappy chinese red wine. Time to play

Hmm It has been moths. I idont drememnget this fort. I mean
I DONT REMMEbER this fortress.

Two enterences. One near a wrekked depot and one ...near the goblins=?
Goblins? oh? should have known

Whats t hat giant penis next to the enterende? Enterence
Arrow?

Okay, no idea of what is going  on.
WHBEN IN DOUBT! MORE MILITIA!

Iäm far from sober but I am still nase SAN E enogu to set a seed stockipioeöl

Wait a monet, I designed these halls. I know thsi design. Ahh it is THIS fort.

so many beds? ewitout drooms assigned? did it. How did I know? i would have forggotten the same way.

1st timber
Migrants

Not drun kabout . TIME TO DRIN KSOME MORE
Assigned them to be killed . tOok dome time to do
MNeeded a bookkeeper, broker. Assigned narya. He sharres aba bed antable with bobnovar. Or something, tu tgubjg

merchants. why no trade? forbinned doors? not aloower doutside+ GO OUT AND PLAU DOFS
Smelters make more good stuff. yes

Ooh, the rfuse chute i made a few thors ago works. No cat bones in the corridors. yes. nice

Mine more candy minions
Magma sea? again? pic2
MINERS. THEY D ARE DROWNINFG IN MAFMA: HOT MOTLEM MAGMA. OH ARMOK!

pic3
assogmed fprboddem crap t p be permitted crap. should  five rhe lazy bums somethng to do
Oj still using the set foord dstopckpiles i made moths ago? time to put htem to good use
I have drank too much. time to stop

assigned trees to br cut for more bed s adn bins'
Jervill gave birth. shes a mother
pic4

Giant penis arrorw infront of gates progressiong well
yo, tome <TIME to check the stockpiöes
Wamr stone? yes, that si the reason i asked you to mine it
byitl a wall to protect our enterence. ahrd  to dol wihe dfrubj, DRHARD T O DRO WHILE DRINK"! HAR TO DO WHILE DRUNK I MEAN. to proitecct us,
more lavis h meals

moe slarbs. MORE SLABD FOR THJHE DEAD
drunk

new bloodtrails on the front lawn. progress. moe pblore MOE BLOOD FOR The mbLOOOD GOOD
NO MORE CRAFTING OF GobLENSX MORE CNDY CANDY SPEARS AND SWORDS! WE SHALL BE INVINCIbLE
d9inging our slabs is hard. habveto mka esure that they get okaced HAVE TO PLACE OUR SLABS

more gobbos. 30 os em
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8576
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:53:07 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #2262 on: May 21, 2014, 09:15:06 pm »

You know what? I have been trying to avoid myself from becomming the next victim of drunkfortress but I love this fortress too much to avoid it. I want the fortress to endure and survive even if it will be forgotten soon since nobody seems eager to play. I did not want to take a turn before someone else did but a few months of waiting is enough. Time to keep !!DRUNKFORTESS!! going. Frankly I have better things to do than play this suggessionfort but someone has to do it lest we be forgotten.
Thank you, Scruffles! You know, I really think a lot of us are kind of waiting around for the next release... I know I am! It'll be glorious, indeed--I imagine all of us will end up falling off the wagon and crawl outta the alcohol-sodden woodwork when that time comes.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: May 21, 2014, 10:36:09 pm »

MINERS. THEY D ARE DROWNINFG IN MAFMA: HOT MOTLEM MAGMA. OH ARMOK!

Oh fuck yes. Hmm. Am I still alive in there? I can't recall if this is the same save I last played. O.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: May 22, 2014, 04:35:38 am »

Not really sure what happened that turn. I got a bit too drunk to play and didn't make it through the whole year.
I don't think that I managed to even turn the candy into wafers properly. Infact, it seems like nothing really got done.

The zombie elves are still playing with the gobbos, there is a weredwarf or something in a cage, we got loads of ghosts and there is a forgotten beast lurking in the caverns that seems to be trying to avoid our fortress. Even the FB doesn't want in... Also, for some reason the militia commander, the only somewhat competent dorf with 95 kills, is sleeping on the surface with every single bodypart on yellow. Apperently he went out hunting a while ago and had his rotten upper lip removed.

Everyone is somewhat unhappy except Jervil who is ecstatic  ???

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 341