Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138705 times)

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Soon to be Drunker, Dwarfier, and Uncut]
« Reply #2280 on: June 07, 2014, 12:19:38 am »

I think I'll make my first experience of the next version of DF a turn of Drunk Fortress.
That should be Fun, right? And extra hilarious as I wouldn't have a clue about all the new features.
Sounds dangerous.
Sounds perfect!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: June 07, 2014, 05:01:22 pm »

So hello guys.
My name is Mike & I'm lil bit drunk. My friend, Travor, is sitting right near me. We are drinking beers. Its russia, so some bears walk outside^W^W^W^W^W^W^Wnevermind, we start the dwarf fortress right now.
What was already had is 1 2-litter bottle of home-made cider.. And some more stuff to followl.
So. this is the guys's birthday(Travor's), he's 33 now, and we just made to his home. Downloading the thing right now, giving him the keyaoboard

So guys im fucking drunk as a pig so im gonna kill all that fortress/ yeah/ no one save that ppl. i`ll kill them all kruelly

MORNING UPDATE: We found better things to do.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 04:53:39 am by nekoexmachina »
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: June 07, 2014, 11:19:38 pm »

This is the best idea I've heard all day. I am excited to see the report!
That was one of the better announcement posts.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: June 08, 2014, 12:48:01 am »

I'd play a turn on Drunk Fortress during my free time...
IF I HAD SOME  >:(
All these 12-hour work shifts. I need a drink, but there's no time; I dare not get drunk lest I do another 12 hours hung over.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: June 08, 2014, 11:01:53 am »

Hnnng, so many drunken false starts. ;_;

I think I'll save the bottle I have on hold for whenever the next version is out. Any word on how close we are to drunkenly stumbling our way through the next version?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: June 08, 2014, 11:03:32 am »

July shall be the month of Drunken Dwarves and Drunken Overseers. Business as usual for the Dwarves, I suppose.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: June 14, 2014, 08:42:10 pm »

Playing "Drinking Eleven" right now with the world cup.
Drinking Eleven is a drinking game (shock) normally played with Winning Eleven, an XBOX series.
The basics are, shot for kickoff, shot for halftime kickoff.
You get scored against, that's a shot.
You get a yellow card, that's a shot.
You get a red card, that's two shots.
This means that if you have a yellow and you get a yellow, it's three shots. This is due to the ref first showing the second yellow, then the red. This is an unfortunate situation.

The World Cup edition is slightly different. You pick "Your Team". If it scores, that's the normal shot plus an extra shot for celebration.
Other team gets a yellow? One shot. Your team? Two, you suffer for your team's sins.
Etc.

Bonus rule is for woefully missed calls from the ref, one shot.

In any event, by the end of the Japan Vs. Cote de Ivore (not worth copy/pastaing the tilde capped characters) game, I expect to be Drunk Fortress ready.
Hence, I'm doing my best to find the save and get it running.
I may be a fairly large number of shots in, I'm not actually sure.
Had four-ish before going to a local baseball game, had a couple more when I got home, the game has caused five so far (Kickoff, Japan goal, Japan yellowcard). None of them are measured, I'm just swigging off a bottle of Absolut Açaí.

Further updates as events warrant.
If someone happens to be keeping an eye on this thread, where the hell is the save?
My typing is fairly resistant to alcohol, I suspect I'm drunker than I appear.

Also, go Japan!
More importantly, USAUSAUSA!

**** that was a lot of rambling.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: June 14, 2014, 08:49:31 pm »

If someone happens to be keeping an eye on this thread, where the hell is the save?

Last save, by Scruffy, is here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8576

Go forth and drink to futbol, then see if you can get the dorfs to arrange their own drunken game of it. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: June 14, 2014, 08:53:05 pm »

Awesoe, thanks.
Downloading it now.
Damn dffd is slow.
I absolutely love that it exists and would miss it badly if it vanished, but fast it is not.
Then again, it's more efficient than DF, sow hat the hell.

Super phsyched about the coming update I am. If it's released at the proper time I'm oging to try to gank the leadoff spot on Drunk Fortress.
Also very sphushed (psyched, donno wtf happened there) about the amount of Drunk Fortress coming with said update.

The worst part is that the other deeply complicated game I play a lot is Kerbal Space Program, whcih is also nearing a massive update of massiveness. Makes it hard to play.
But that;s where the Vodka comes in.

EDIT:
Why are there so many rabbit corpses?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:02:28 pm by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: June 14, 2014, 10:21:47 pm »

Why are there so many rabbit corpses?

If I only knew. Now, see how many of the forum regulars are still alive and dorfed. Ooh, maybe I'm still there. And maybe those goblin captives are still fighting that zombie elf.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: June 14, 2014, 10:49:59 pm »

This is the official post for my Drunk Fortress turn! (Unless someone replies, in which case I'll migrate it. (please reply if you're readong, ;onely  I might be

OK.
Listening to the Oakland A's MLB game (delay due to power outtage), the UFC fights (streamed), and the 24 Hourse of Lemans (streamed).
Trying to figure out wht hhe hell is going on in this Drunk fortress save.
We see tm be in a cliff face. tahere are a lot of rabiit corpses. That's about twhat I've figured out so far.

I'l be editing this post for updates.

9:06pm: Prety sure I had an update. Don't rmember what it was.
OMFG the 24h de lamans prototyprs sound hot.

8:53pm: Know what? Shot for getting moving here. This is confusing. More alcohol won't hurt.

8:57pm: Corposes appear to be able to detect goblin raiding poarties. Wierd. Also, very convenient. New plan: Put corpses ECERYHWHERE!  This plan should no be dificult. Also, omfg I want to drive a Lemans car. :ole, srsly. 2.Also: ufc math looks lilely to end soon. 3.Also, does anybody actually regocnize the 2.whatever 3.what3ever / 4.whatever stuff? *I* know where it comes from, obviosuly, but others? Donno.
'

9:47: Dwarves seem tio have died. Not sure why. I feel like I should figure out wht.

OK I;' e taken a brief survey aa qwll A r a couple (or more? I don't remmnber) sots due to the UFC drinking game and MLB Drinking Game and Drunkn Fortress "OMFG Thisn Fort Is Screwed: game".
Forgot whgere I was fgoing with that. In any event, I'm working on a sectop to dump a lot of magma on the undead and/or goblins and/or anyhting outsie. Largely bcause we dont hae a current system and a fort with no system to desteoy the world (that is currently acessable) with magma is imncombpldete.
My voeka vottle sems to be over half dead. tragic?

10:10pm: OK wtf, nobody is mining when I told them to mind. This is a problem. Dward theriapost is going to be launched. :abors are going to be modified, problems soved, pickaxes (pixkaxii?) ade, etc. Some poor bastard swapped a turbo in the 24h De Lemans. As a a 25 year auto mechanic, I feel fairly secure in saying that swapping turbos is a fairly intense pain the in fucking unpleasant area to have pain/
Turbo Vovlo's can certain;y fuck rihgt the fuck off, hthough one of the most entertainlying cars I've even driven wqs a Volvo 740 turbo manual transmission. The autos are meh, three speeds ust realy can;t be impresive tukk >230hgp. The ~180hp volvo 740 manual however is quite entertaining.
Ayway, fucking dwardves arent fucking digging. This is a problem.

Yes?

As if I didn;'t hage eough problems!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:34:23 am by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: June 15, 2014, 12:24:52 am »

Keep up the good, drunken work!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: June 15, 2014, 12:32:28 am »

Doing my best. Nt really sure what the hell is gping on/.
trying to cinvces fucking minrs to fucking mine. I really need to tje, to.
If they don't,. I'm ..... yeha I don't know hat, bu t I
;;; be annoyed.
Magma must destroy goblins. Their couch must be destroed.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: June 15, 2014, 11:46:35 am »

Oh? What's this? Do my eyes deceive me? Someone took a turn? And it was Bobnova? YES

Interesting drinking game

Magma must destroy goblins. Their couch must be destroed.
Yes Bobnova, burn the couch.

Oh, and the rabbits.. yep, about half of the embark points were spent on bunnies. Legions of furry little menaces. Rabbit guardianbeats worked in Monty Python so why wouldn't they work for us too? Seemed like a good idea at the time. Turns out that they need to eat. Who knew. Oh well. Plenty of dead pets.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:49:13 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: June 16, 2014, 08:22:21 am »

One of the main reasons I'm looking forward to DF2014 is the fact that this will update again. Is there a better combination than the most intricate game ever conceived and booze?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 341