Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138693 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [40.01: Beerbattles, the Dawn of a Booze-sodden Era]
« Reply #2385 on: July 22, 2014, 08:08:12 am »

Save is either corrupted or my download didn't work, and ATM i have no internets where I live. So no turn  :-[

Will try another day of the week. Most likely thursday or wednesday.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #2386 on: July 22, 2014, 09:47:23 am »

Save is either corrupted or my download didn't work
Is anybody able to confirm an issue with the download/save file? I've been traveling for the past week and can't check on it myself as I don't have access to my machine.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 22, 2014, 02:15:14 pm »

I'm downloading it now.

Did you use 0.40.01 to open it? That's the only version that will work.

If the save is still alive I'll pack 0.40.01 in with it and re-upload.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 22, 2014, 05:47:02 pm »

Re-upload that shit, I'm halfway there on a binge of wine.

EDIT: I'm downloading the file as I type, will try to load it.

This is my drinking stash:

Edit 2: It works. I think. Sorry for the large image. I like that Kafka is looking at the viewer, though.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:09:05 pm by AustralianWinter »
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 22, 2014, 07:43:36 pm »

I see that a vile forces of darkness has appeared! It's time we got some melee damage control to this fortress! I immedietly promote myself 'AussieWinter' to Captain of the Guard, and draft every single useless fuckwit in the entire fortress to my squad! I, being very myscular, is quite fit for the job of commanding this bunch of fuvkers!

The name might not be very aggressive or outgoing, but we'll sure show those Gooblins what barracading oneself is all about!

Also, I notice we have no booze! Who did this! WHat is this why is this! It must be taken care of.

Uh, that's alot of mangled dwarf corpeses...

Alright, I'll get a beer. I'm slightly buzzed from 2/3 quarters of a bottle of wine, but I'm clearly not drunk enough. It's open. I'll drink this before I continue!

This is the soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2BQdgQzgzw

Wow, the new trees fuck me up a lot. Okay, every soldier will be stationed at the entrance of the fort  to fuck up the invaders. I'm sorry for the oprfanity (I'm not really).

Right, the battle begins! SanDeigo dies! Trifle loses his left three something something littlefinger or somesuch. I'm the fucking king of this battle! Trifle kills a Goblin!

Three of the seven invaders are murdered in bloody gore by AussieWinter, the King of Murder! Rejoice, brothers, I have slaugthered the menace! Now, rebuilding must commence. Most importantly of all, we need booze. And I need a BIGGER CHAMBER A PALACE OF MURDER AND JUSTICE FOR I AM AUSSIEWINTER - KING OF GORE!

But first, a graveyard for the fallen.

Shit, we had cagetraps. Oh well, the invaders are DEAD BECAUSE WE MURDERED THEM LIKE THE LITTLE BITCHES THEY ARE. FUCK TRAPS WE USE HAND TO HAND COMBAT!

Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lUPGEaQdAA

Kamin is militia commander. I OORTANK THE DRUNKEN MASER. TOGETHER THERE WE WILL MAKE THEM BOW DOWN FOR THE MIGHT OF THE DRUNKEN FORTRESS. LET THEM COME

So, uh, what's up with all the strange fluids?

Trifle's feeling bad:

Well, everyone is, I see in the logs. I like the new update, but isn't it a bit emo that everyone is whining whenever they have to kill a goblin? I mean, you did it to survive. Seriously. YOU'RE A DWARF GODDAMNIT.

Right, I'm trying to get some alcholholic things... stuff, drink you know! out of the dordfs but the ydon't seem to have antyhing to brew. God I wish I had a version of Darf Therapist for this. Also, I justremembdered it's pretty funny how everyone calls it "THe rapist".

On the same note, Lolor has fallen into the volcano. Tough loock. luck. you know.

See, if I was a nice guy, this would be hardbreaking. Good title, thogh!

Guys,. we might die of thirs. not me though, i'm, opening another beer!

Fuck

Right, Inod is throwing a tantrum, but he's a cripples freak who's just lying there. Fuck him. We'll GO ONE WITHOUT HIM.

It's time for a shot of Ouzo. Just amoment. Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5-iC-nc-RQ

I'm not really an ecprert on this fortress, but NOW WE HAVE BOOZE GENTLE MEN!

shit guys we crash

It's lost I think.

Damn, what do? Do it again?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 22, 2014, 07:47:26 pm »

Do it again if you're up to it!

If it crashes again, it's 0.40.04 time, or 0.40.05 if it's out at that point.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 22, 2014, 07:50:34 pm »

Do it again if you're up to it!

Cool. IT'S ON

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 22, 2014, 08:08:16 pm »

Sorry guys, I'm too drunk at htis poutsn. point. I'll be ready next week. Sorry.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 23, 2014, 02:22:23 am »

Damn, it was going really well 'til the crash. :(
Good turn, though, while it lasted. At least it lives on in that post!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 23, 2014, 06:54:07 am »

I will try having a go this evening then.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 23, 2014, 05:34:20 pm »

We should start in 40.04 for all the fun of random holes appearing in our fortress, It's not like drunken forts are ever sealed up properly anyway right?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 24, 2014, 01:40:12 am »

Alright, so here's the turn -

21:33 Opening save. While mostly drunk. Though maybe not entirely.

Already had two rather strong beers (7,5° triples), a very large glass of Martini and then a bit of my Guiness bottle.

Fortress is looking like a proper mess. (It wouldn't be udrunkfort overwise). Used to mayday tileset, all these ascii are making me think of Boatmurdered. (Seems like a good omen)

Half of the dwarves are wounded or/and thirsty. And we're sieged. Hopefully there's some cagetraps over there. And in the entrance. Weapon traps flaoso- well shit looks like alcohol is interfering with my typing skills-

NEVERMIND.

21:37 We embarked on a volcano ! <3 <3 I want to maek sweet love to that volcano. Maybe I'll ddo a drunken magma project ot kill the goblins. Sounds good right ?

21:59 Got sidetracked, back to DF. Maybe I should stop with the guiness because it doesn't work that much.

22:04 Drunken magma project it is ! Let's do this !

First ,check if the doors are closed... they are.

Plenty of crossbows and leather here... did you guys swindled the elves ? Or does this fort has a higher kill count than expected ?

22:07 TIME TO DIG TOWARDS THE VOLCANO. Time for !!FUN!!

22:10 Designating magma trap, with safeties and other fun. Looks like it will be a permanent magma trap or maybe we have some iron doors and mechanisms hahaha he i hope i dodn't fuck up the magma-safe mechanisms.

22:12 Why is no one digging ? Oh wait, there's soem detailing going on. What and undwarven actifivyu , time to dig !!

22:14 Horror ! There is another entry ! There are some cage traps in there but 2 entries in one drunken fort ? You fools  !You manaiac!s
Not feelin g lieks burrows either, probably too drunk/lazy/in mood for some fun to do it. GO BACK INSIDE YOU INCOMPETENT FOOLS

22:16 Removing that overly exposed outside stockpile, same with the trade depot. Seriously, outside trade depots ?

Uh but there is a lot of fucking wood in there. Also pcitures, dwarves drinking water. WATER. WWATER ! What is this dadomination ? Blashdpegymy !
Also it's outside, which only adds to heresy. There are three gobbos outside, just so you know.

22:19 Maybe I shoudl save. Yes, definitely that. Alright, saving.

I should also finish that glass of martini. And when I mean glass I mean 25-33cl or so.

22:20 'AussieWinter" Afenlimul, Farmer cancels Store Item in Barrel : Horrified.

oh this is promising let's see what this weakling is doing

Oh, nevermind, he walked into the outside corpse stockpile. YOU. ARE. WEAK !

22:23 At the same time, the digging happens, except there was ONE TILE MINED. ONE TILE. SERIOUSLY.

Meanwhile, the goblin squad is chasing some children and stuff. I hope I can close the fort in time.

Also, legit screenshot :

I think you are not exactly putting a good show here, goblin scum.

Also ho do you grab with a SHIELD of all things ?

22:28 Crash. Well, I saved. I should save moar.

Time to go back.

Ordered some drinks, made a meeting area inside. Let's hope it actually does something.

22:31 Some good combat logs

and her guts is open. SHE AIN'T EVEN CRYING

Let's hope this child badass will survive.

22:36 Apparently we have some emo goblin hammerman. Or maybe he is a reluctant warrior type.

"Death is all around us, this is truly horrifying"

You just punched a child in the head, what ? are you that "stoic and dour anime villain" archetype ?

Unmanly dogs, you will ALL burn.

22:38 So a gob just struck a child in the head with his copper war hammer and the head EXPLODED INTO GORE. i'm not sure whetever I should give him a medal.

fuck yes, DF2014. Reminds me of the good old 40d combat days.

Saving before it crashes, this is going slowly !

23:17 Didn't do much. Will continue.

23:20 More dead dwarves. There's a spinner in the tree. I think we should just move to the last version of DF2014.

23:23 No more siege warning ! Maybe the goblins are busy moping about all the suffering they caused ? BUNCH OF SAD ANTAGONISTS.

Triffle is fighting, apparently. Not sure if it i going well.

23:26 There's a shearer against a goblin spearman, apprently the shrearer is winning. Go shrearer ! Also I should drink more.

23:31 "Bob The Nove A Cancels Fish : Horrified" What ? Did you fish up Dagon or something like that ?

23:33 Renaming that shearer (who finally killed that goblin in a fit of berserk rage. Aaah, yes, it was beautiful) Clover Magic.

We have only three goblin invaders left. Apparently they are so emo that they leave the battlefield of their own will !

23:36 Them horses climbing in tree foliages. Aaah, that mental image is a thing to cherish.

23:37 Had the bright idea of drinking martini directly from the bottle... I got some inside my nose :P
Nevermind, back to DF.

Clover Magic is having battle issues ! SEND THE MILITARY ! FOR ARMOK !

23:44 Another militia dead. Mostly everyone outside is terrified by death and corpses. Bah, just kill them. Do you not posess bloodlust ?

Clover Magic and the child badass are spending their time vomiting. I'm not sure I can save this fort.

23:48 A swordsdwarf just slayed a goblin, maybe we can do this !

23:52 A glassmaker in a tree is apparently observing a goblin-dwarf fight. it is also going pretty bad for our dwarves :O

23:54 Mayor just decapitated a goblin. Am liking this fort so far, enough violence for my taste !

And another goblin skull is cloven asunder by the mayor ! Long live to his !

Also, goblin siege is no longer a problem. Unhappy and thirsty dwarves is, however.

00:04 oh this is good there is some child on child violence in there... Foxtrot just killed a child ! It seems we have a tantrum spiral on our hands !

Not only is there some children fighting but also hunter/marksdwarves shooting children. One of which died.
Well, this escalated quickly.

00:08 My efforts have not been for naught ! Someone is brewing plants ! Hooray !

00:11 See, this seems promising

I'm not sure if i want to save the fort os not. Probabyl too frunk to do itanwways .

This Martini is preety good, i'm surprised i'm not yet sleeeping :d!

SAVING.

Someone, a child, is assaulting Clover Magic. WHAT YOU DOG I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TOUCHING A HEROINE OF THE FORTRESS !

00:16 Yoink, Mayor, has imposed a ban on certain exports.

YES YOU FOOL, YES, I'M SURE THIS IS IMPORTANT WHEN YOUR FORT IS A GIANT FIST FIGHT.

idiots. Anyways, not feeling drunk enough, so drinking more !

00:21 There's a mess of fighting children in the armor/weapon stockpile. I guess they ain't angry enough to start picking up the very few weapons around and start dueling with them. At least it'll be funny.
I am honesltly not sure about all of this. It's pretty late, i must work quite early tomorrow (well now today) and this fort looks desperate.

00:23 Another child died under Foxtrot's bolts. Well, this does it. Good luck to the next overseer, mwahahahhahaha ! HAHAHAHAHA ! *Mark Hamill laugh*

Now for some screenshots to capture the current state of the fort :

And 75% of these dwarves are either very unhappy, fighting, thirsty, or wounded. Sometimes a combination of the four.

Alright, leaving here... it's 00:29.

I think only a few days have passed, but there were eventful days ! War! Violence ! Battle ! It all feeds Khorne !

Alright, now ends my drunken rambling. I'll upload the save asap.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9131
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:27:36 am by Naryar »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 24, 2014, 03:24:10 am »

Aw yeah! That was awesome. Even if I have no idea what exactly went on. :))
Of course it also makes me happy that my dorf is still lopping off heads.. enemy heads, this time. Looks like a lot of furniture construction in the dining hall got suspended or something. Oh well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 24, 2014, 03:32:42 am »

Yeah, the mayor's a downright badass.

Maybe we should move to the last version. Mostly due to angry, angry trees.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #2399 on: July 24, 2014, 05:39:37 am »

Oh gods, Naryar. That was fantastic. However, I don't think what mine eyes hath seen can be unseent.

We should start in 40.04 for all the fun of random holes appearing in our fortress, It's not like drunken forts are ever sealed up properly anyway right?
Maybe we should move to the last version. Mostly due to angry, angry trees.
Not sure if Naryar meant 34.11 (last) or 40.04 (latest), but it seems a lot of people want to make the move to the newest version. I personally think there could be another save-breaking update coming out within a month, but I'll put it to a vote regardless!
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 341