Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138728 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [40.01: Beerbattles, the Dawn of a Booze-sodden Era]
« Reply #2400 on: July 24, 2014, 05:51:20 am »

Also pcitures, dwarves drinking water. WATER. WWATER ! What is this dadomination ? Blashdpegymy !
Sigged

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 24, 2014, 07:08:31 am »

" I want to maek sweet love to that volcano."

Wait, what? 0_o
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 24, 2014, 07:47:26 am »

Yeah, I meant 40.04.

And yes, I'm volcanophile. 99% of my embarks include volcanoes and i always play with +- 30 volcanoes on worlds.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 24, 2014, 07:52:42 am »

So, just to make things sure - the children are tantruming and the hunters are shooting them for practice?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 24, 2014, 08:30:37 am »

So, just to make things sure - the children are tantruming and the hunters are shooting them for practice?

Most likely not for practice, but you got the jist of it.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 25, 2014, 10:38:25 am »

I'm tempted on taking a turn but I haven't actually tried the new 40.xx versions yet so it is all new to me. How unstable is this save?
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #2406 on: July 25, 2014, 01:00:31 pm »

I'm tempted on taking a turn but I haven't actually tried the new 40.xx versions yet so it is all new to me. How unstable is this save?
Just save every 15 mins, you'll be fine!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 25, 2014, 03:21:46 pm »

Just save every 15 mins, you'll be fine!
tbh every 30 mins seems just fine, or even every 45 minutes if you don't do much.

Though every 15 mins is safer.

also go scruffy ! I remember some pretty epic and hilariously drunk turns, you must resist alcohol like no one else does in this thread (well maybe Clover but IDK), do a turn !

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 25, 2014, 05:50:06 pm »

It's only a little unstable, but don't worry scruffy you can fix that easily and make it seriously unstable....
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 26, 2014, 06:21:16 am »

Seems like the results will continue to be pretty overwhelming: The next Overseer is free to start a new world with the current version of DF if they so choose.

LET THERE BE BLOOD

...Damnit.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 26, 2014, 11:51:42 am »

Sorry, I was too tired to play yesterday. I hope that nobody who was thinking of taking a turn  gave up because they were waiting for me.

Anyway, it has been such a hot week and I am covered in sweat so I will have to take a sauna first. I'll start the turn in an hour or so. Don't really feel like starting a new fortress but 40.01 seems a bit.. buggy. Hmm.. I have to think about this

Okay, I just spent the last hour drinking horrible booze and sitting in a 95*C sauna (seems like I can't stand the heat as well as I used to since I didn't stay in longer. damn) and am mostly ready to play. I think that I will start a new save in 40.04 and hoping that it will be more stable than the current one. Damn, i  am sure that this fort will only last a turn or two too since 40.05 is around the corner. I suppse that is the downside of playing a succession fort before the final version of 40.xx. Sigh

During the last few months Kantai collection and various roguelikes (my sin and only weakness), mainly Tales of Maj'eyal and Stonesoup, have replaced the void in my daily routine that was previously taken by dorf fort.
Anyway, i htink that my ONLY dorf fort experience in the last year has been solely drunk fort so may not be at perfect condition to play. Don't expect any skilled play

Downed the last of the wine. Currently generating a world. I can't be arsed to tinker aroiund with advanced world gen for long so it will most likely be crappy and since there is no new version of dfhack I won't know if the new site will be suitable but i doubt it will matter. the fort will die soon enough and we will most likely generate a new world soon anyway.
I donät ave all that much booze at the moment. just the last bottle of home-made ginger wine (that didn't end up very tasty) and a bottle of gambina, a combination of cheap vermuth and even cheaper gin. I hate gin. ugh. I hate it and that is why I bouth it. I don't feel very drunk bit i am dropping items while making fdood so i suppse i am driunk enough. typos too. damn
can't be bothered to play ascii at the mometn so installing phoebus. sorry for defiling hte purity of our clean ascii tileset.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GENTLEMEN! BEHOLD! I HAVE CREWATED THIS THING! what is it`? I DON*T KNOW!
Now then dorfs, dare you enter myu magical realm?

I'm aftaid that i have some good news and some bad news. the good news is that there will be less stolen copper bolts and steel shields. the bad nes is that there are NO KOBOLDS! NO KOBOLDS WHAST SO EVER! IT IS HORRIBLE! I LOVE KOBOLDS! WE NEED THEIR FUZZY LITTLE NUZZLING NOZZLES AND BEADY LITTLE EYES AL:WAYS LOONING FOR LOOT! HO HORRORS!

Now then, who should I dorfg?
Dirfed Kamin, Bobnova, Clover, Naryar, Aussiewinter, myself and toady. The rest can wait
we have a bit more embark points than usual s o brought turkes. lots of turkeys. also cats. the dwarven stae of mind. the the dorfing begin!

WELCOME TO SYRUPMIGHTY!
ugh. horrible height differences
we ca n either dig down.. or dig upå!The same thing as during every one of my turns.
seal the doors and have 50% of the dorfs mine the rest haul bodies of the dead miners
business as usual, yes?

Hmm.. i think that i will smooth the mountainside

Wait.. magma. moats. Yes. Magmamoats. In the mountainside. YES! WEait, not enough dorfpower for that yet. Must dig shelter.. Or must I?. HMM..
MAGMA! Wait, can the gobbos jump over it now? Must dig deep and wide then. Yes. Many burnt dorfs. Many a tear. Must dig

Oh, and perhaps actuially build a few workshops. Dorfs are still outside. Meh. Not important

YET! Not for long

Assigned some basic påarts of the fortrress to be dug out before i gte too drunk. It's ugly but adaptable. just stick what ever stockpiles or workshops in it.
these new trees confuse me. not enough of em though they seem like a nice addition

turkeys are acting strange. overcome by terror? wha? geckomn? damn geckomen
set some jpobs jobas. HObs JOPS JOBS! JOBS! Damng it. I mean "Damn it". Drik. DRUNK! Oh for urists sake
a horde of great horned owl men. this place is a zoo
THEY ARE KILLING THE DOGS AND TURKEYS!

three of our dogs got names from killing geckomen
I do belive that i am drunk. yes. i must be

Current music?
 Space music!
B ammed from argo, grab yersefl a tribble, carmin miranda'äs ghost, dawson's christian and so on
i ran out of space operas and other space scifi to watch. watched all star trek series except the animated series, babylon5 +movies, stargate series, space:aboce and beyond, farscape and so mny others. I NEED SOMETHING TO eATHSC WHILE PLAYING DAMN IT!
Oh, sorry, that has nothing to do with this turn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH8lvwXx_Y8&feature=player_detailpage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w34fSnJNP-4&list=RDD5p8YhhaVlA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsFVhM-VH4&feature=player_detailpage
tribbles? Hmm.. trouble with tribbles from TOS, trouble a d tribbleations from ds9, the breach from enterprise.. damn, i remember them all. i think
darn it. i am sure that all those names fin the song are from the TOS epiode. heh
that has nothing to do with the turn, now does it? damn
time for toilet.

Hmm.. tribbles. tribble moddinhg..
beards are like parasitic tribbles. brwibbles without bodies. hmm..
dAMN IT! DORFS ARE THE ILTIMATE FORM OT TRIBBLESA! DORFS! I HAVE SEEN THE TRIBBLE LIGHT!
Waot. wjat a, i doing?

also explosives. must ad them to drof fort. exploding suicidebomberr dorfs. or atleast a dorf riding a
mounted on a fluing a ,inecarf full of explisces waving a cowbou hat. of cat leather.
now that i starte3d thinking that shouldnt be too hard to mod in actuallyy.
exploding stuff and t4ibbles are fairly common when modding (unintentionally)
hmm...
govem that my last modding attmepts were parasitic kobolds that turned their civrtinms into more kobolds and shearabled arfs (failed.got the dorfs to sheat the beards but they refused to turn them into socks. it was funny seeing a shearer drag a passing bu dorf in the worshop and cancel because: handling a dangerous animam  but i think i will refraim
this booze should have lasterdf me a week. damn. i am penniless. literally. less than an euro left. ohwell.

SORRY! PLEASE KEEP ON RADING READIN! READING!

felsite
build basic stockpiles and kitchen. almost out of booze. wilkl be drunkas well HELL in 10mins.urhg
streane meal of fries, sausages and mungo beansprouts i started frowing from the dried ones i had in my kitchen locker

synner arrived. hematite
digging a tradepost. 5 minrs if fast. ye

the dogs. killing so many owlmen. they all have more kills than avarage militia usuall does

gee scruffy what are we going to do today
try to take over--- burn the world urist
oh m, had youtube watch later on huffle. got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq-b_iNrQaQ&index=1&list=WL
damn that series. i have to watch the 100+ spo,etim agaion.  i love that series. byt now,  i am wathcing the new series of jjo's ebicarre afventure.

damnb,. toodrunk to deal with this shit, these thinkgs are are drunkfotef,g nniot juist ran dormrz tsthignks

dakjt 9t. i am tood rink to set a lever. must do it somehow. must

4/8 not working. waiu, 8? how is that evrn poissible?
damm it, i am aout of booze
anb tge bottle is ligth

we wanna drink booze today but the lord of the fort says nay nay nay
we're gonna starve all day all day all day
where there's a mine there's a corpse
left right left right...

drunk. har to buld them gates. gates ccontroles by levers. darmn, drunk
¨cab renenber giw to byuld leevrs lever s to cntrol the gates. damn
wai, 3 new strangers+? mIGRANts! 3 migrants! yes.! good
wait, kancoll eagain? loveluy 38 clear. must esend them away againö- failed 31. wrong watlocgshipo submareine. must do it again. damn. also d0rg fort. i belöieve i am too drunk for it but must tdo it. one glass left brfoere runitgg out of booze

where there's a dprf teje heres maine
where thehere's a dorfg there's a mine

we dont' wana die in the mine today but the mayor of te fort sats nay nay nay
we gynna digg all day all day all day
wgere there's a dorfg there thereäs a corpse.
left right left right

the tantrum in the mines mebab s were gonna die, were gonna die all day and light amnd moire
for we arethe slöave of trhe !!DRUNKFORTR!!'s wmine
ahere thehere's a dorf there therhes a mine

drunk. too runk.

deåpt depot
mechannism s more mechanisms for the gates
coööaåöse collapse? whre? surfae? tree+ TREE COLLASE LIEK CAVE? ues? what?

digt othell. want to dig to hell. must do it. yes. i must

last glass of mboozxe. drink and then slowly sober while turn lasts.
too drunk fo the stoickpile. must buklöd food stofckpiles. ues

galena. late summer
big sausace gon keyboartd.
dog tjrecj- ues- DIOG TRECH!
bedrooms. damn theseare ugly

new trees, wiat fruit? what?
mm swet and sour sauce with beansrpiyts. beansprouts.

militgias-. yes
duiggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
big wide hole to surround th fort. diggy hole

digging da hoile
he well into volcano. oops. diggy diggy hole

'cavern
bew cavers seem stange

limestone
farmpltos. yes. farms
caracan. nixe. steal. tae stuff from the carafan. as always. nice. ambus
DAMN GOBBOS! KILL EM ALL!¨

traders. more cheese. more horse cheese adnd wombat leather. yes. good. all is well
duibdbtr steak frin tgen ub tune,. didnt steal from them in time. curses!
WE NEed OUR STOLE CHEESE!
managed to steal some crap. good. must staeöl,. ignore farming. mine . mine lal year round"! SgeAL FROOD FROM CARACANS! STEWAL FOOD! YES!½
rooms for the lazy epsedition leaders. laz byms

sandstorm.
forges. we need to fcrasft metal forges.

new trees grtow. so gib, strkng grees. so different. big and resoursefull trees. one is enough for 10 old trees.

OOOPS!
houston, we may have a problöem...

whole moutain is burning
migrants. most not burniong. most. some are.
scruffy... burned?

added militia grainging grounds. scrffy is dea.. DEWAD! HBE WAS THE Eest OF US!
toady died
what are "penbble plants? pebble plants? they are everywhere? and de nse

erm, what happened here? i love the materials buyt what? WHAT? WHY DID THEY DIE?

third of the site is full of leakking magma. it is leaking. damn. oops?

magma. everywhere. why did I DO THIS! OH HONk! MUYST DUIG CLOWNX TO  CONTIN the MAgmA! DIG CLOWNS! YES!  COANTAIN THE mAgmA OUTPREAK!
all miners dead. all 8 ogf em
must brtew plant,. starving. dehyudrating. so manty cats and turkeys
nests. turkeys. food. yes
moutain is still keaking. oops?

3 pf tje 7 founders are alive. erm.. whjere did they  die? magma? oops?

moonstone
migrants. stil.l leaking magma

i thjomkl that we have only 1/5 min3picks left. oops? shey melterd? we must setal more?stuffyng food in my miytg., i hthink it is mean to go there
aussie, toady and one other died somehow. melted? oops?

hickyps
 such bad huckups
 åpic someethi.
this is one square. damn

for spae ois fide and true too friends are few.  noew, the engineer .. this is it. all you got. play it
FOR THE SPACE SI FIDE AND TURE FRIENDS ARE TOO FEW
eveb the horses are starving
mountain still leaking
bye bmore picsk BYE MORE PICKS! MINW! MAKE THE MOUTASIN OURS!
naryan is hounting us

uh oh. oh DUXK! FIX THIS
all outa booze. a weeks worht .damn. give me muu booze back?!
and the strangerä sbeams burned brihgert than any beams we hd seen and the the  the pirate ships were cut tot bloody shreads. all the pirate ships had been shed to bloody shreds. when be canlled this is what we shawed. when we sea it this is what we saw..

edit:wait, what? song lyrics from dawson's christian?

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9165
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:59:43 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 26, 2014, 03:52:49 pm »

jpobs jobas. HObs JOPS JOBS! JOBS!

Love it already! :D
Oh gods, another Scruffy turn... is there going to be anything left for a second turn?! I'll miss the Mantis civ, but alas.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 26, 2014, 04:25:22 pm »

Oh gods, another Scruffy turn... is there going to be anything left for a second turn?! I'll miss the Mantis civ, but alas.
did I say that? oh .. erm..
oop?
the moutain will burn?
 erm..

All weill be well soon=?

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 27, 2014, 03:51:31 am »

did I say that? oh .. erm..
oop?
the moutain will burn?
 erm..

All weill be well soon=?
Mantis Civ, I weep for thee...

Waiting for pictures to read the update. Getting stoked! ALSO, I may do a turn tonight... Had quite the strange week. But really, it just feels like a good time to get fucking hammered and do stupid shit through a proxy: Dorfs.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 341