Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138912 times)

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [40.13: Lashshins, A Very Weregecko Hellscape]
« Reply #2670 on: November 07, 2014, 10:51:08 pm »

I downloasded the save, but spill sake all over for 5 paper towels.
someone else: GOO!

The fuck? lol
Definitely drunk enough.

Super excited to see early adopters back in action :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #2671 on: November 07, 2014, 11:12:21 pm »

Eh, fuck it.  I'm drunk now I may as well play it.  The October 19th save, right?  Wishkey, don't let me down.
"Wishkey," the beverage of dreams come true.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: November 08, 2014, 02:20:26 am »

Botting it up, haven't played DF in quite some time, not since rnew relase actually.

Le's see, what am i looking at?  Black space.  Time to dorf peoples.

First, where is everything?  All I see is random mines and shit.  Also, sand.  I hate sand its course and whatever.

So I wdofrfed a bunch of cits, and now I see some were already nambed.  Well, now theyre maybe two of them, deal with it.  Now onto gameplay.

By the gods that's a lot of offins.
Oh, there's teh fortress.  Took me awhile to find it.  Thre's a randome dead jeweler in the middle of the fort.  That is one purdy bridge from one end to the tother.   Need more beds and shit.  Brew drink...from plant?  That's new.  Our fortress newds more smoothed bedromos.  Also, hearts.  Cancels give waterz Horrifed?  What the fuck is this shit?  Dwarves don't get horrified!  We've got all this wood, why don't we do something with it.  Ash, for now.  Magma means no need for hcarcholal and stuff.  Looks like we got a miliatrary at least.  Damn, our coffin industry is proficeint.  No herding animals for milek?
Some Fucker named MArco just called his attleaxe Ulingsateng.
I completely lost track of where I store my whiskey, there we go, another drink ready to go. Our dwarves need dwarevs to their nrooms, it's reminding of frehman year of college and diny rooms where nothing but beds, Halo, and futons and cabinets went.
Oh there's the lever.  Lower the DRAWBRIDGE, LET THE DWARVES FREE!!!!!

...I pulled teh lver, nothing happened.  Front door still clsoed.  Whatever, put more coffins down.  More dwarves to bury.  Ran out fo bed.  More to amek.  Why hasn't somebody buried the jeweler already?  All coffins are set to "Y".  Door is not planet forbidden.  Nevermind, yes it was.  Now it isn't.  Bury the [oor guy already.

Enisea got possessed.  Claimed a jeweler's.  The one with the corpse.  And a myserious consturction.  Quitel.  A perfect milke quartz.  Hooray al is right with everything and stuff.  And he chose to put a "finger millet" planet on it.  What is that anyway?  Voulf hsbr nbeen strawberries or plupm helmetes or something.  Eh, whatvever, its worth 4000 dorf bucks or more, can't complain.

What is that damn sigma thing...of, prepared food bot.  Makes sense.  Usually use barrels myself.  My beds are not being consturcted, manager is busy.  As a low lwevel bureaucrat myself, I oculd teach that fucker a thing or towo about being on time.  Spring passed and no traders, most of summer has passed...no traders.  ARe there no fucking elves ere?  Or any regular eleves for that matter?

Slaughter that cow calf before it starvees to death, good meat.

Masterpiece pig tripe roast was made.  Truly, ths is the greatest achievement of our time.  Humens!  They have arrived!  We need more crap.  Rock Instruments are now bing made.  Oh boy, lur nobles are not happy.  Myaor has nothing he wants.

Traded with umans.  Bought beer for rock fcrafts.  We got beer, they got....rocks.  In pretty shapes.  What is that place?  Oh, it's a looom.  Great, now I'm hungrey.  I have herring, but as grat as that is, it's not enough.  Could wbe worse, I suppose.  Family's having lutefisk for Christmas dinner.

Hooray, migrants!  Now wht do I doo with them.
I fugured out twhy the maanger  hasn't been doing anything.  No office.  That blows.  Whre in the nine circles of hell is the masons?  Crapernters will do all right I guess.  Stupid thrne needing shti .

As cool as the bridge between the fort is over th gulley.  I questionit's purpose.  No traps and shit on it.  I must ferectifyt that.

Manager, has an office.  Great Vicotry.  Damn it.  Marco, get the fuck up.  It's no time for sleep.  I need beds and doors and cabinets and other stuff to keep the Mayor happy.

Great there's two shorukes.  I knew I should've been paying more attention.  I guess it's anyones guess which one dies horribly first.

Kittens!  In real life, I would love them.  In DF, however.........................Slaughter, slaughter, slaughter.
Does anyone wkknow where I can get some nice, candy-colored stone like microcline or something pink?  It would liven he fortress up a bit.  Of course, less coffins would liven it up a bit too, I guess.  The Squad Leader is also the Mayor.  That's bad, military should NEVER be in charge of civilians.  Oh well, can't be helepd at this point.

I have never understood why nobles need armor stand s and weapon racks.  Chest, cainets?  Sure, logical.  But Armor? Come on.  Not enough rock blocks in the this fortress.  How can I build a pointlessly large tower without them?  Out ow wood?  ARe you insane?  Am I?  Perahps.  But, if you are insane then perhaps both of us are?  How owould you nknow if your'e not if I am?  Perhaps all are insane except you?  Inedeeed.

We have a shit load of logs in this fortress.  For future reference, a shit load is about 10 fuck tons.

Kamin2 became an axe lord.  Chicagoland won't know what hit it.

Flanderbrand is am master cook.  Cooking like a boss.  Like the cake in Mario RPG.

The fucking mayro still isn't happy with his office.  I dont even get an office in RL.  A goddamn cubicle that is not even a full cubicle.  He should learn some fucking hiuility.  Smooth his walls, I guess.  At least my office is in a constructed rather pretty 1920s building.  Not hewn from rocks.

I am having a difficult time setting my Whiskey/Sierra Mist down.  Almost spilled, Ruhn style.
A stray camel has been missing for a week.  How the fuck do you lose a camel?

I'm widening the ridge between the fort.  Three is better than two.  Obsideian.  Right.  I never usually bother with volanoes myself, but that's whyat community fortresses are for.  New opportunities, fiifferent playstyles.

Cancels pickup equipment: Horrified!?  You're a fucking soldier.  Grow a backbone.  All the shit there is dead anyway.  We also lost a giant wombat, I am beyond myself in grief.  In related news, what is a wombat nayways? 

Holy what.  Interruped by giant peach-faced LOVEBIRD.  I am now totally lost.

The music in rhi game is completely hypnotic.  I ma completely under its spell.  Woah-woah....

Hooray!  Outpost liasion.!  Soon.....

Os it just me, or is the game running faster than usual?  Usually it takes quite some time to get to autumn in a healthy populous fort.

Traded some junk for booze and lmilek.  Booze and milk.  Nothing else is needed frankly.  It's not like our dwarves can form bands and have battles with each other between MASSIVE ROCK BALLADS and dupstep heavy music.  Or perahps coungry.  Music made by humans is quite varied, I haven't even covered basically any of it.  That's including western and non-western music.  All I covered was three genres of western music.  Holy shit humans like to make noise.

The bridge is completed.  Expansion complete.  I gain expereicnce points right?

Oh, for fucks sake.  The mayor still sin't pleased with his office or dining romo.  Perhaps he doesn't throw enough touchdowns.  Engraving it now.
Why is the dining room not on top of the food stockipel?  That not make sense.  Food stockpile shoud always be close to dining room.  Easier to access food for dwarves.

More migrants apparentyl.  Beds, more needed.  Manager: Worthless
Holy shit, we have a lot of bolts.  Crossbowdwarves are well armed at least.
There is a dormitroy with like 20 beds, holy crap.  Documetning thais for future reference for my own fortresses when migrants come randomly.  I do prefer gviing them at least little rooms however.  My apt IRL isn't exactly spacious either.  Has a nice coffee shop across the street though..

A ghostly brewer ahs risen.  What's he going to do, create spirits? (Feel free to groan)

Interupeted by Doe Rabbit.  Are ou kidding.  It's a rabbit.  What's it oging to do?

Bookeeper wants an office.  Considering that's pretty much what I do (Auditing, actually).  I'd better give him it.  I suppose its better than reviewing parcel documents to see if they were scanned in porerpy l by some worthless private sector agency because of course, the private secortore is so much better after all, they only missed two years worth of living documents that could set teh County back decades when litigation happens.  Fuck privatisation, that's all.

Awwww yeah, a legendary willow table was made.  Epic kVictory there.

Bookeeper has a nofffffffice .  Hooray!

Do we need a captain of the guard?  Like Aveline?  No?  Okay then. 

BOBNOVA HAS WITHDRAWN FROM SOCIETY

He claimed a carpenter's.  Fuck.
Food stores are looking aggoooododdd as of late Autumn..  Bobnova has begun a MYSTERIOUS CONTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!!

Unbleviebale.  Who decided 1x1 hallways were acceptable for bedrroms....3x3 or bust.

bobnova decided to create............................

a bucket.  Go sit in a corner Bobnova.  Buckets are not articfacts.

Manager still hasn't apporved mybed requst.  NEED BEDS NOW, MUCH LIKE CONSTRUCTING ADDITONAL PYLONS.
kkk

Putting a roof on the extension of the skyway.  Tstop dwarves from vomiting.  Pansies.  Minneapolis has skyways, humans dont start vomiting when exposed ot sunlight on Nicollet Avenue.  dwarves not as good as humans, confirmed.

Ghostly Brwer has een laid to rest.  No more will his spirits haunts us with his presnences. 

SMooth stone looks lia     Shit, forget that.  Smooth stone looks a lot better with stuff than rough stone.  Bleeping buzzards.  I will DESTROY YOU!

INWTERWERWERWER.  WINTER HAS COME.

I'm a bit........well, out of sorts right now.  I'lll wmake it th ough.
Towers!  We need to build Towers!  Wat kind of fortress is it if it doesn't have a tower reaching towards the sky anyway?

Thirsty dwarves?  Get some alcohol yo stupied people!  I certainly have.       Yes.

I'm like Sonata Dusk right now.  How the fuck do I do anything, stare into space to find the answers.

Aluminum blocks.  Crap.  Talk about a waste of good metal.  Well, might as well put in the Tower of Infinite Perspective.

Cerol jus gave irth.  hooray and stuff.  Son of a...no, I didn't want to mine out the mayor's sroom.  Well, fill in wall I guess.  I also made some extra space for peoples to peol....wrong word, populate with stuff such as workshops orbedrooms if they are so inclined.  Storage closets as well.

The RENDER-FAT [orodufidnidsnfdsicndslighdlkgsdjl producing gob bug still esits.

Can't bleive I'm building a tower out of wood.
Flanderbrand was cooked many masterpieces of many different types of ood. Not ood.  Food.  Ood are Doctor Who aliens.  Unsure of taste.

I uh can't do much during winter.  I'm kind of sleeping through half the season.  Kind of not.  p,eo,es ksfd;f;e.  Sometinmes , df gets tedious.  My work is tediou.s  Mille Lacs isn't exactly atiny lake with only a few proterpites to look at after all.

Holy shit, these dwarves build insanely fast.  It's the beards isn't it.  They make you work faster.
Some gu yn ameeddddd minkot likes an bismoth bronze axe.

By the old gods and the new, it's late winter already?  That season flew by.

The manager still hasn't approve my 30 beds.  Beds on repeat.  Dwarves NEED SLEEP.

And spring has arrived!  Sorry about that lack of pics.  Link to follow

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: November 08, 2014, 02:37:24 am »

File submission:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10041

Pretty uneventful year, all things considered.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: November 08, 2014, 02:42:39 am »

Eh, fuck it.  I'm drunk now I may as well play it.  The October 19th save, right?
What? No it should be the Oct 31 save noooooo~

...Funny turn though.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: November 08, 2014, 02:43:37 am »

Shit.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: November 08, 2014, 03:08:48 am »

I think we both know
There is one way to solve this
Declare a thumb war

Alternatively
We could have a haiku-off
Victor's turn is real
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: November 08, 2014, 03:13:03 am »

Haha, I was the one who screwed up.   :P

I've got to go to bed anyway, I'll let the person who follows us choose (perhaps both!) which one to follow.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: November 08, 2014, 03:15:36 am »

Oh man, now that would be a challenge. Next poster has to play two turns simultaneously  :o
with two DF windows open, one for each save. I hope you've got a good processor on your computer...

Disclaimer: Should the next player take this post seriously and actually attempt to play two instances of DF simultaneously, I accept no liability for when your computer explodes
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:28:03 am by shoruke »

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: November 08, 2014, 11:18:54 am »

Ha, well that's an issue.

I love the conversion rate of fuck tons to shit loads, that cracked me up.
Actually I was grinning or giggling through most of that turn.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: November 08, 2014, 11:49:22 am »

Some gems from the past turn.  BTW bobnova, you need to stop trying to make fetch happen via bucket artifacts...

We have a shit load of logs in this fortress.  For future reference, a shit load is about 10 fuck tons.

Kamin2 became an axe lord.  Chicagoland won't know what hit it.

bobnova decided to create....

a bucket.  Go sit in a corner Bobnova.  Buckets are not articfacts.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: November 08, 2014, 02:44:51 pm »

Man, I was all over the place that turn.  My mind was really wandering last night, that's for sure.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2682 on: November 08, 2014, 02:47:19 pm »

I find it amusing that you complained about the (usable) bucket rather than the (useless) perfect gem.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: November 08, 2014, 02:47:38 pm »

Believe it or not, most of it was rather cohesive for Drunk Fortress.  I mean, if you want an example of really crazy, check out Wrex or Clover Magic's turns.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: November 08, 2014, 05:07:28 pm »

I find it amusing that you complained about the (usable) bucket rather than the (useless) perfect gem.
Yes.
Atleast now they have something to barf in if they have to go above ground.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 341