Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138920 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [40.13: Lashshins, A Very Weregecko Hellscape]
« Reply #2745 on: December 17, 2014, 09:22:55 pm »

Oh, well that explains it.
All is well and good and funny then  8)
(except for the part where Dwarves are dying. So sad, but this is drunk fortress, so it's unavoidable)

oh, and welcome to the fortress, thanks for playing! More new players is always a good thing  :D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:32:25 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: December 17, 2014, 09:39:43 pm »

That right there is impressive, lol.
Definitely post the save!

Also, welcome to Drunk Fortress!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: December 17, 2014, 09:58:22 pm »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: December 19, 2014, 12:15:26 am »

Now, now, those turns were fun, but new players also bring their own flavor of fun to the fortress, so I wouldn't mind it at all if a new player came in and played. :) 

Also, Yoink has taken a turn before right?  It sounds as if he's getting drunk sometime soon...if he can be persuaded to play again.
Well, since you asked so nicely... I think I'll take a turn tonight/this evening.
Just have to figure out what (cheap) booze to buy for the occasion.  :)

Edit: Well, I have the save, and I think I'm starting to get drunk- I just startred shooting my teammates in Plants vs Zombies and wondering why they weren't dying. :P So, am I supposed to start a new fort on the save? I really don't this will end well, but I suppose that's kind of the point. I'll try to get it to at least last longer than the last one... >.>
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:58:17 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: December 19, 2014, 08:17:05 am »

DOUBKLE POSTINJG FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Okay, so I've had about 5... and then I stiopped coiunting... and then about priobaly 5 more? 6? Shots of booze tonight.
Mostly jt.aeger with one shot of whiskey (which I'm sure my friend won't miss,. hhehe.). My typing is far wosrs than I expected it to be, so I mightjust be drunk enough to start. Well, I'll staet choosing an embark, anyway/ .
Wish me luck...

Edit: Pkay I picked our emabark spiot and set things up, probably not very vwell but oh wekkl.
My keyboard isn't very goodf, pokay? It's not entirely my drunkeness... I'm not correcting typios of any kind.
Anyway,m DF has frozen up  as usual at the embark bit, so I guess I'm reazldyu. I'll save more regularly this time, since zi'm pretty sure this computer is the one I had the unfortunate BSOD on... lthough I'm tbnpot really nsure,.

Edit: MKAE OF this what you will, because I am too drunk to be bothered reading it.
What did our fort get named? Edit: I thjink I will start a new post... so ans not to annoy people or something? Yeah. Din't woprry.
I'll try to spoiletr things for now on.

Well gtreat, [ep[;e still aren;t nuilfinhn sbivreground things properly, <,<
I thought this was supposed tp ne fixef?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:21:16 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: December 19, 2014, 08:29:31 am »

Spoiler: first bit[[img (click to show/hide)
Let's dig inton this hill and shit I guess. Is this a good time to mention this i sthe first time I've played DF in a while?
Well, thisbn should be fyun. Puring another shot now; it is 11:30 PM.

desigswated shit to be dug out. Maybe a dorm I guess.
Anyeway, going to take a piss now. brb.

I should porably dorf someone now, shouldn't I. Fuck. Um.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dibs on Sigun, cunts, .

I was looking for the shit on who to dorf, bu I can't find it. Fuck it. :P
:Let's pour another shot instead, eh?
I have this badass, limitedx edition Jagemesiter pouring thing. Also Jaegermeister (the correct spekking, whatever that is) doesn;t appear i my autocerrect lists, Ny idea how to fix that?) is............. awwesome? O think I had something to say about it here, but I fgorgot, and I;m not supposed to correct typis and the like so wbhatg..... whatever. :

Spoiler: kamin (click to show/hide)

Dojm't fucking blame me, I just diorfed 'em.
Okay nexts....

Okay, forfed Bobnova and Scruffy. Shit, still haven;t drank my shot.. I'll remember that now and -remedy, I meant- thatr nowe and dorf the rest of ya.
[spoiler[
Okahy I am going to take a leak now, I think I;ve dorefed all o fyou. brb etcetera. Let's see what happeneed while I',m away... [/spoiler]

Oh shit, I still have a carton of iced coffe to drink. >.> Whoops.
Anywa, let's get back to the fort. I honestly do not remember whatw as going on.

Huh, shit, it ;looks like my woodcutter(s) jave cutten dpown al the trees I designsted. I was going to checj something butb now I can;t remember what,
What do I need to do to get a dwarf dopr ip and running anyway?! Beds, I guess. That;s a good atart. Let's dp it.

20th obsidoian, 194, late winter.
Shit, why am O the pnly one digging? IO fdon't remember activiating digging jobds on my dorf... tukme for some more coffe, and then some more jager......  how do I makee and umlaut symbol with a normal English keyboard, anyeway? 

22nd Obsidian: thisn Pplants vs Zombies music is getting annoying, I think It's time for some  music of my own choosijng. *puts pn headphon es*.

Havinf A SHOT NOW, BUT i'MNOT SURE HOW manty since the last one.... maybe 3? Also my browser just froze yup for a long, terrifying moment, dso I', going to makema backup of what I ahve so far.
OkAY, TUNME ro listen to some Cryptic Slaughter... Lowlife. Fucking awesoeme song, I have iut stuck in my head most days.

I think I should statrt A new spoiler... 9(this was a;; 1 spoiler up until now)

Okay, I'm trying to build some workshiops, specifically carpenmters workshops, and other stuff, shouldn't be too hard, right?

3rd Hematitie, 195: Wow, this is working far more smoothl y thasn I thought it would be.
I have some people building workships andnd and  above groudn building of unkjown bpurpiose and stuff. Shpuld be fun!
Also appaerrwntly I drank at least haldf of this btottle of jaeger ages ago, and am now officially fuckedf up. Woo! :P

8th Hemaitite, 195
Okay we are building stuff, like a house and stuff asnf worskhops to do stuffff in. Should be gpod.
I lkinda need to give soeme people new jobs but that it hard work right niw,

19th HHematite
okay the roof ios done, I think. I can't remember quite what I built this building for, Ibut I am sure it was important.
Still no migrant, we have a population of 7. Aklso I had another shot of jager when my friend was pout of the room... I guess I might as well have oanother since he isn't back yet. :))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

26th Hematite: Okay it looks ads though absiolutelyu fucking nothing hsds hasppened. Woo.
Wow fuck.
It sticks over onto 27t and ,igrants arrive. Migrants. Fuck. -_-
Let's seree if we get anypne useful... lie some sort of vblister pack.

....Wow, ythe first two migrnts seems to have vombat skills. How crzy/badass!
The dowbnise id, I can't really remember ohow to make a militar/... oh well.  Let's sseee who else shows up.

3rd Malachjite, 195
Ot looks like we have.. A metalcrafter named Inod, whjo is currentluy hungting, aspparentlu,
a fd=arner named Idewn whi is being a lazy fuck,  and another laxy fuck named Fujkod who is.l... parently... a LYE MAKER>
Well then, Fukod, I am sure you'lll ho fsr in tyhid world... (also the light over mhy keyboard ot yturned off just now, nit you can;t tell can you??_)

5th Malachite,195
 Naryar ius the onlu one getting dshit done.
Qwell, axtually a bunch of people are getting in on ther act now, but BNarywar was ge furstr, .

ALet's see whatr's happening in my headphones. lso aopparentlkyt the hugntert ...HUNTER just ran oyut of ammutionion. Well, shit,.
What am I supposed to do?!
KLet's put mt geadphones on and se what's happening. 

AW shit, my left leg just fell asleep. Sorru gfor the delau.
Anywa, now I have approporoate ,music, time to get back to work. I shalll pour anoter short sto celebrate. )(pfft, liver faliure, whomcares?!)

Justr saved tghe game, am listening oto Nux Vomica right now. RFriend turned the ligthts off, is darker thn normal. Sorru.
Sorry.

Anyway, hdfd,. have a picture of the crurrent fort!

Those are the two main levels, anyway. I'm goinh to get back to work now, wansu. Anyway. And maybe have annother shot.......

3rd Gakena : WJew. tjere gpes ampother shot, ahah.
Now, I need to build some rooms and offices and shit.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:26:35 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: December 19, 2014, 11:31:03 am »

Shoruke's last turn was pretty impressive. Also featuring my name conferring badassery to a random dwarf.

Also expect me to play Drunk Fort back by the second week of January.

Yoink's turn was... well, I cannot make sense of his last post   :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: December 19, 2014, 11:41:58 am »

QWell, since Naryar decided to post, I gues this is a good time to split my update/turn in falt, no?> *half   
:P

...Wait no, I'll keep editing stuff into my slast popst. Sorry,.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: December 19, 2014, 12:39:51 pm »

That post is still ongoing? Whoa.

Yoink cancels format post: rekt.
(It's pretty funny though  :P)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: December 19, 2014, 02:08:17 pm »

Hullo?
Yoink? You still concious in there?
Post the save when you are done
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: December 19, 2014, 03:15:25 pm »

Well, judging from a post a couple of hours ago, he probably won't be able to upload the save:

My computer seems to have died.
Completely. :C
:(

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: December 19, 2014, 03:37:31 pm »

Well, judging from a post a couple of hours ago, he probably won't be able to upload the save:

My computer seems to have died.
Completely. :C
:(
Aww darn
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: December 19, 2014, 05:57:35 pm »

Just when you think Drunk Fortress might have bottomed out, someone pushes it further down :D

Sucks about Yoink's computer that, that's an issue.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: December 19, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »

I need to check my email more often, I missed two separate players get rekt? owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: December 19, 2014, 06:10:47 pm »

Shit guys, sorry about that.
I kinda passed out when my computer did- it wouldn't boot up and gave me some weird error message I've never even seen before. :o
Maybe it was taking swigs of my jäeger when I wasn't looking...

It's working now, so I'll see what I can salvage of the save, but apparently the internet here is down because someone forgot to pay the bill. ::)

No need to wait for me, if anyone wants to take a turn go ahead! I don't think I got very far. I am honestly dreading reading what I did do. :P

Edit: I present to you, the save!

I thought I'd lost it entirely, since my computer said something about a 'system restore'.
Somehow, though, despite it actually erasing Dwarf Fortress itself, the save survived. How, I do not know.
I didn't get very far through the year, unsurprisingly. >.> I thought I'd lost some progress, but looking back I think I just didn't get a whole lot done. Oh well. It was fun.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:02:48 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 341