Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138778 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [40.13: Lashshins, A Very Weregecko Hellscape]
« Reply #2835 on: January 06, 2015, 09:44:23 pm »

Pictures tomorrw. I'm too tired andtrunj DRUNK for it.
One candy spire is mostly sealed from demons and most of the initial demons are dead. more talk tomorrow
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10391
da,n i'm tired. abpit ABOUT 20 pics

edit:
Woke up for lectures. Hungover even though I drank somewhat less than during an usual drunkfort turn. A pint of magners and a 7dl bottle of crappy Noblez sherry.
Pics in.
Also,  I think that a big chunk of our dorfs are stuck outside so someone has to open the gates (or dig a hole in the wall which is more likely considering this is drunkfortress)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:01:45 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: January 07, 2015, 06:22:07 am »

Great turn! :D
Anyway, I just had a shot of Southern Comfort, I'm nursing a glass of double-shot whiskey+cola (probably the fourth one I've had tonight) and I'm halfway through a six-pack of pale ale, which tastes kind of crap since the liquor store clerk apparently doesn't know what he's talking about but oh well.

I think... I think I'll download the save and then down the rest of this drink.
I'm not fully super-drunk yet (although I have been collecting plenty of typos, believe me), so I'll look through and open up the dorfing list and rules list in separate tabs.

Edit: Wait, is there a current list of rules anywhere?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: January 07, 2015, 06:32:32 am »

Edit: Wait, is there a current list of rules anywhere?
Nope.
If you want one:
-"Drink when an elf trader escapes alive"

Edit: No turn? Aww
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:36:35 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: January 07, 2015, 12:50:29 pm »

Naw naw naw, son't you worry yourself, I',m taking a turn. 
I've alreay g0ot the turn downloaded , in fact. (Yes, I stopped c0orrecting typos when I started this post). Let's do this, fellas.

3rd Obsidian, 300
Well, this dwarf seemed a little bit like me at a brief gklance and she is alreay so the most leader of a sw squad, so here we go.

Now, to get to work pluggiijnh all the holes in this thingy before I forget. It was somethgin to so with magma, right>
Brbm pouring myself another glass of whiksey+col
a.

Oh shit ude, some hauler /cook is about to get maule to death. D:

...Wait, nvm, some hearles ucker walled 'em in ther to die. R.I.P. Lor.

5th Obisdian 200

Oh fuck, everyone is seeming to be sgtraving/thirsting demonign in the bowels of the fortreess. I need to save them and stuff but I am a little bit to drunk. On that not, time for another srinki of whiksey+coke. I have almost finished this biottle of Southern Ciomfort. Tik Yikes.

8tb Obsisian
Well, so so-one seems to be doing shit all. Oh wekll. I can relate to that most ays.
Althigh generally my home isn't at risk of being overrrum by vicious demons at the tume. ..

9th Grnite
Hahehaha, migra-- traers! WooooooO! 
Now we can buy all that stuff I;m not aware we need, and seell all the stuff we're supposed to be selliing.

Hmmmm. We were actually supoose to be seeliiing anything?  I kinda passed out for a while t and can't rmember. hah.
Also we have two trade epots stiolll, but one is apparently built by 'demdemeh' and 'RAMDOM Dragon', bnoth of whom I am pretty sure are dead now. On that note I should probably start orfing some people...

Ordere some stuff to be slaughtere, since as much as it breasks my heart I can't very well go dorfing you people as dorfs who are about to starve to death, can I??
WENDY? FUCKING WENDY>!?!

14th Granite
Bah I trie to get a bunch of people to save the people who weerte amaybe trappe down i the caverns and stuff, but now I can't fin where they were i the first place. Hopefully they made it out withoutk getting ate by hte FB.

Ooo! IU think I'll put on some noooodles sto cook while these dwarves get their shit trigther.

4th Slate
Going o
Going to kill all the elvevss so I don't have to figure ouio the teaing screen,.

7th slate
So I beat on one elf for a while, bu everyone else is jusssti erping around.. they might escape at this reate.
Oh well I shoul rpobably be focusing on other stuf anyway..

21st Slater
Well we kille the elves.... my dorf/I got the shit beat out of me, though.
also i am not very runk right now so I am going to tke  break and drink a bunch/finish of this bottle of whiskey, so wish me luck.   

15th Felsite Wpw, we have people crafting masterpeices all over the shot.
That's probably a good sign, right>? Also it i s getting increasingly haird to stay awake and focuse.... I'm g;ad it's been a fairly peaceful last while in the fortress.

EDIt: Okay, I'm afraid I am waaaaaay too tired to stay drunk and awake for any longer. Sorry guys.
I should have had more sleep before taking a turn, but oh well. I'm pretty sure I achieved something with my short turn.  I can't remember what, mind you, but it was something. I think. Anyway, here's the save.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10395
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:06:00 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: January 07, 2015, 01:05:18 pm »

This fortress is quickly turning into  huge fuck you to architects everywhere

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: January 07, 2015, 08:06:38 pm »

* Yoink cancels Play DF: Unconscious.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: January 07, 2015, 10:24:59 pm »

Hey, do you guys remember that time we were down to less than 5 Dwarves? Twice?
That was, what, like 3-4 turns ago? And we're mining candy and assaulting the Elves.

Big dreams + too much booze = awesome  :P
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: January 07, 2015, 11:49:34 pm »

Yeah if you disregard the almost-flying monolithic constructions defying logic and the rampaging demon army this is quite a fancy place.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: January 08, 2015, 10:29:32 pm »

Yeah if you disregard the almost-flying monolithic constructions defying logic and the rampaging demon army this is quite a fancy place.
Sounds fancy to me!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: January 09, 2015, 06:01:48 am »

Seems like there is a version of DFhack that works with the current game version so I loaded stonesense and took a pic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seems a bit flat in stonesense and it is hard to see the height differences.
Also it seems that yep,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Et tu, Urist

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: January 09, 2015, 11:12:41 am »

Sudden realization: somebody needs to turn the side of the pyramid into a cannon.
It's already got the right shape (mostly), so why not, right?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:14:22 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: January 09, 2015, 01:50:22 pm »

We have a pyramid made of wood, an ever burning room, and a demon horde. I'm sure nothing will go wrong with the first one.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: January 10, 2015, 09:42:47 am »

This evening I will drink, and take a turn.

1 and a half Chimays, 2 3 Monts and whatever I will drink at my local bar.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: January 10, 2015, 09:52:12 am »

This evening I will drink, and take a turn.

1 and a half Chimays, 2 3 Monts and whatever I will drink at my local bar.
YES! More turns! Looking forward to reading it.
(Oh and please, please try to play a full turn so this doesn't become a Scruffy fort with my full year turns and a handfull of a few month turns in between  ;)
Nah. Just play as you feel like)

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: January 10, 2015, 02:04:27 pm »

20:02: Alright, started boozing up. I went to my local bar and had a Gulden Draak (now THAT is a real fucking beer, why didn't I have one before ?) and then a whatever Red (I don't even remember the name but it was another belgian beer. No regrets, it was pretty goood !).

I'm only half-drunk and therefore not ready to play drunkfortress. I'm gonna setup that save in my 40.23 and play some War Thunder i mean Drunk Thunder while finishing them Chimays.

Also my stomach is quite full, so I won't be able to chug more alcohol already. I'll do some respiration exercises to massage my stomach and quicken this here sphincter's speed... how is it even called anyway ? Pilore or something like that ?

20:53 Did drunk an additional Chimay, now I think it is time to finish this. Opening the save !

(this will be promisigng !)

21:06: OH WOWW theyree ARE SO MAny outside stockpiles awnd wooden walls and traps and stuff

well, time to get trashed morre! and try to understand this fortreees layout

alternatively i feel that if i DON'T understand this here fortress layout it may be better for my drubnken sanity.. eheh

21:15 why are there so much farm plots and dead elves everywhere

oh wait the dead elves is Mayday tileset failing, I though them elves were included into all these walls.

21:45 Alright, I believe I am drunk enough. Now it is time for naming all the dwarves ! go go go

also demons, hopefully there's only one. We'll see how it works.

22:04 Still working with names, I WILL NAME EVERYONE then start to play. Much fun has to be done with names.

22:21 Alrightn, done witht all the naems ! I willclaim it

there are a totla of :

3 jervills
11 bobnovas
9 scruffys
7 naryars
3 taupes
2 th4dwarfy's
5 clover magics
4 yoink's
5 sshoruke's
4 eniseas's
2 einsteinsatdaown's
3 renofoxes
5 kamins
2 australianwinters

And i think it ill be all because i am quite drunk asnd it will totally wstatrt nowe hsoh shit i can't even type loleoel ol correcting errors if ss for pussies when you are drunk

22:27 wow so many finished good stockpiles

alright we'll just stetrt start of rsheomthing due to me being sufficiendll suddfiienctly drunk hhahah can't even talk write bwprotetlyly

22:31 OH WOW

also finished my second chimay, 3 monts beer now, have two of them more belgian beers and it is high fermantation 8,5%

i'm quite sure it is good stuff, I should strart playing before i run out of beer and fun

also black pudding it is, cuz i'm hungry (yea we in france are pretty ok with black pudding, it's good food !)

22:36 DRINK MOAR? MORE DRUNK FORTRESS.

the detailing is making no sense and hurting my eyes, well il'ttt ll havie to see what is the goblin status of the fort.

if you want me to mod the fort raws i can do this alright this won't crash the save at all alright

22:40 time to post all of them names

alright, done, now I must REALLY play hard

and rdrink more because there i must drink mroeeor emore!

22:44 alright, making dormintories or whatevrer dof the 3x4 bed blocks.

22:49 wow, such drink, much alcohol

doge

nevermind that, coming back to fort, first I must unerstand all of this fort here.

22:54 have i started yet? i think so

wow there is a lot of cut wood in there

(random phallic reminder)

23:01 alright, imma walling the entrance to hell before that demon breaks all the doors, i don't see anyth artifact dooors or whatever or things in threere

02:34 I have found myself in my bed, sleeping. Arguably. I don't even know how this happened, what.

Have I forgot to play ? Anyways I still am slightly boozed and I have more booze in there. So drinking it is ! And playing it is ! Apparently the game hasn't progressed.

02:39 Fuck you, sleep, you won't get me THAT easily. I did drink some tea and milk to rehydrate myself... now it's booze time !

02:41 Apparently I need to rehydrate myself more, so more tea. I have still 2 3 Monts handy, so this will be a thing

02:46 "Naryar 7 For The Blood God and stuf" has been caged by one of the entrance cage traps. I don't get it as well. Time to free him.

02:53 This demon here is apparently blocked by the large amount of doors. I am walling the path to hell in case something happens.

It's a flaming thrush, is it a phoenix demon ? Nah it has a trunk and it's fat. So nope, no phoenix.

Time to write my name, as well.

03:02 Have finished with writing my name. NARYAR THE MIGHTY. nevermind lack of sleep

03:04 Oh but there already IS a wall to the path to hell why didn't I saw that beforehand

alright, time to drink more.

03:06 Wow this fhere thing is a mess, I must block the path to hell HERE and not here.

why is there a dining room on the corpses of next soldiers and right next to hell I don't ge- oh right sparta

03:16 There is a dead wagon in the deceased list. I am trying to engrave a slab for him, it'll be fun.

03:19 YES

03:21 Haven't drunk yet, but thirst means I can't drink. This here beer is still next to me. I will drink it !

03:22 Also there is a perpetually burning artifact leather shield somewhere in the industry level.

03:27

He will be missed.

BAH THAT MEMORIAL AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH. I am disappointed.

03:30 Re-started drinking. It's hard due to thirst, but I WILL get drunk again.

03:31 What does this outside talc lever do ? Should I pull it ?

03:33 building more cage traps outside

this cannot go wrong

03:40 In true dwarf fashion, i PULL THE WHITE LEVER PULL IT

let's see if the fort crubmels promtply

03:43 The lever merely opens the nearby brdige. Meh. (Pulling the lever again)

03:44 Also building them slabs for the wagons.

03:46 Well, apparently I am just thirsty and therefore unable to drink more. So I will stop the turn... once I memorialize them wagons.

03:54 Alright, so...

The youngest of it's kind. He will be missed.

He was a hero to his people.

This one here was never born... Is it the first of it's kind ? Has it existed since the dawn of time ? Was it already rolling before Armok made the world ? Floating in the primordial void, it's mighty wagon wheels being the ancestors of all wheels ?

WAGONTHULHU ! IA, IA !

04:02 Alright, that is all. I wish I could play more, but I am unable to drink and I am probably a bit sober by now. Haven't really drunk since a few hours, after all.

And yes there are dead elves and cactuses as walls i'm not even trying to think anymore.

It is the 25th of hematite, early summer. One season turn... I've done shorter  :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:12:03 pm by Naryar »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 341