Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138495 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

I am here, turn is done, yes the save was not corrupted and it was just a matter of download.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

18:40 Alright, starting to drink, and opening the save. (Just to see the mess)

Scruffy's save wasn't corrupted at all in fact, it was just me downloading poorly.
18:57
18:47 Starting my first drink, a Westmalle Trappist belgian beer 9,5%, i added some concentrated lime juice to it, it's good.

18:55 Sober assessment of the fortress:

There's a mess of magma and water in the lover levels (<= dat typo), I think scruffy drowned all the magma forges and also dug through the adamantine tube straight into gmamgma. (Oh wow I am already doing typos for someone who has not even drunk 5cl of beer)

18:57 Damn my touchpad is only working vertically :P

19:01 This is going to be problematic. I put a bit of liquid in it, and now it's not working.

And I don't have a working mouse either.

19:11 Restart computer, PROBLEM SOLVED.

Anyways, i'm continuing my mostly sober assessment.

Dem caverns, tall as fuck.

19:17 I would so pull that dolomite lever but I am not drunk enough, so i'm not unpausing.

The walls are composed of grey palm trees, pine trees, and dead spearelves. The usual.

Meanwhile, in the magma forges, there's a dead bobnova, a black mamba venom barrel and 7/7 water. And tons of crap meandering about, a good flood in overall.

Hell seems to be empty. So scruffy seems to have drained the third cavern lake in the messiest way possible, and there are some cave grass growing up in Hell. Also it's wet down here.

I think this fort was not made for sober eyes. Time to finish my drink.

19:23 I'll probably not start for a while since my blood alcohol is rather elf-like at the moment. Going to drink, do other stuff, try to connect, etc.

19:26 Finished my first beer. I actually think the lime concentrated juice ain't very good with this beer, it goes better with pale ale.
Gotta try it with Martini though. Opening second beer, and gonna eat a bit.

19:31 Eh I want to talk, that beer ain't THAT good after all... i mean it's NOT shit-beer but after the second 33cl bottle I am kinda getting sick of it. I'm gotta try it again with lime.
Also, glorious alcohol reserves. Note that one bottle of beer is empty, the second is mostl in the glass.

19:39 Blood sausage is a DWARVEN food. I ain't so hot on the beer, but I said I would play, so there's that.

Also I remember the Skyrim exploration music was pretty nice for DF. ALSO THERE ARE SOME MORROWIND TRACKS ON THERE HNNNNNG- If there is a fight i will switch to some chosen Icewind Dale II tracks.

19:43 I realize nearly all the dwarves are non-dorfed. What is this blasphemy ? Did the ones I dorfed all died horribly ? Or did someone cancelled my dorfing ? Bah. There is not a single naryar in there.*

So, time to dorf people, sufficiently drunk to tdo dod that at least (see ? the tupos don't lie )

Oh wow they are inddeeed all dead. heyh indeed dead there's some nice wordplay on there. Maybe this here Shoruke is one of the guys i dorfed ?

ANYWAYS, TIME FOR SOME DORFING

*finishes his drink* DRUNKEN INSPIRATION STRIKE ME

19:47 Done with the drink, now is martini time ! And dorfing time ! I just hope i don't drink too much/sleep/vomit.

19:51 Drinking some tea. Yes, it' s non-alchologic (o hwow these typos). Yes, I need it to fight my most hated enemy. Also, to fight dehydratation.

19:55 Martini time ! I'm not sure about mixing it with lime. Oh well, experiences are Fun. Also, THIS FORTRESS NEEDS MORE BOBNOVAS

20:07 Martini + lime is win. Also my touchpad is being Fun again.

20:09 Oh boy, i seem to be getting at my limit. I'm gonna drink that martini slowly else vomit and alcohol loss will be had. On the other hand, my dorfing of all dwarves is going well, and i've got some good DF music.

20:15 Touchpad is being obnoxious again. I feel that i'm not drunk enough, needs some more martini

20:18 Alright, another glass of tea, and now some more martini ! I will finishging the dorfing and then I will put myself to whatever proejct alcohol wants me to do. Also, starting the game. It's late summer, ok

20:22 Dorfing finished. Now I must do... something. There are so much dead people it's not even funny (I'm  not drunk enough for it to be funny, I guess), so i'm ordering coffins done. Will need to build them. So the fort  ddoesnt ' Wrex out.

20:25 oh wow there are already some coggins made, alright, time to dig and build stuff

20:27 Autumn has come... and we don't have enough miners

>le dwarf therapist face

time to set up some miners !

20:30 alright, 7 more miners or something... they will dig

don't make me make more PICKS

20:34 people are not dggiing, therefore i must rink more. sounds logical no ,,d? ,?
DISCOVERED A BUNCH OF LEVERS, MUST PULL THEM ALL ! ALL I SAY!

20:38 oh wow i get it, people are building stuff in hell, with rocsk it's OVERLY slow, yayayaay

20:41 well fuck these engraved digging drunken catacombs, don't have enough dwarfpower. i'll just build tombs in rows next to the ones in rows alreaduy. more simple.

20:42 oh wowthere is a grand total of 2 military dwarves available

we are so dying if we don't turtle up

20:43 ah i see people are actually building all these dead people boxes (yes coffins btuty who gives a shit), that is good, maybe I will be able to do something actually

20:46 Kamin 0 and Naryar 0 are fighting

i'm not sure i can save this fort toanymore especially while drunk

20:48 We cannot possibly support this hell probject, too much stuff, not enough dwarves, too much fun, canceling everything

i'm sorry scruffy but we'll have to watig for more migrants

NEED TO DRINK MORE/E

20:49 The building of tombs is rather good. Meanwhile, I must rink more;

20:52 Building of tombs id done, nowi can put myself to something more interting

Also martini must flow ! Unlike spice, after al martini is liquid but the spice of life is solid. So, drinking more.

20:54 People are sill contstructing buildings in the cvverns . I don't even knowwhat its is bah i should cancelcld cne cnacelc everything FUCK THIS SHIT AN THYESE TYPOS, THE MIGHTY NARYAR IS ALLMIGHTY !

20:::57 The outpost Liasion Ursit Mac Whatever has arrived From Whatever Drunk Fortres Location

oh, why do i care, i should just dfhack magma on top of your head

20:58 there are two trade depots, is that even possible ? MUST DRINK MOAR DUE TO REVELATIONS

21:00 ordering four additional trade depots done, MORE DRADE TEDPEOTS HAHAHA
I DONT HAVE ENOUGH MARTINI I MUST FILL MY GLORIOUS GLASS

21:03 eh this touchpad thing is reall anyoyging tor or whatever annoyigng meauybe lol typos !1 one elventy wow must stop pytytping

21:04 it works again, anyways the martini is needed to support this fortress
i have no idea why am I playing because stuff is messed up, also touchpad ifxed itself up, i don't even know why hahaha, must rink more ;d

21:07 I definitely need more pictures

alright, i don't think pictures are really needed... oh wait levers

21:11 will need to drink and then pull them all

i'm not even caring about hell i just need to increase andstabilize this fort's population since they are all occupied and we need to work on it.

21:14 NEED TO DRINK MORE (mantras are essential to drunk fortress, you know it.)

Also, pulling every lever I see; Considering the state of the fortress I don't think it will make things worse. (Wow no typos, i must beblesedde dby armok and here the typos come again heh)

I wonder that will happen. Will it be that fun or no ?

21:21 drunken trading i'm not even feeling like it eh

must drink moar! the drunken traders are going thorugh t our dorors no i don't feel like trading, besiededs this fortres is a mess (ore noticealby more than me at the moment) and why trade, i mean we're full f food and drinkg alreayt !d arleady !dnbanhf hBAH why do i even bother typing

21:24 CANCEL EVERY SEIGNDESIGNATION this is pointless

21:27 While I try to wall of hell, water comes down from the stairs. Nope.avi

21:30 Canceling more hell floors. Our population is too thin and too messy to do that.

So i'm just trying to save this fort. Of course there's the possible goblin siege coming soon enough.

21:33 Naryar 3 has a fey mood. We'll see how this works.

21:35 Uggipukki has gone stark raving mad !

who the hell give that dwarf that nickname, i mean I would go mad ifI had a name like that as weelll

21:36 I HAVE NO REQUESTS, DEAR OUTPOST LIAISON

too bussy findingout what the hell is happening and how i can stop it

21:40 It is official, I don't think I can fixthe fort. things hare happening and i don't een know how it to fix it

NEED TO DRINK MORE.

21:43 I don't think this turn is worth more than that. All dwarves are occupied and I cannot do more stuff than that. No migrants, no stuff, no things

I will simply save and stop. I already put enough dwarves as that.

21:45 This is the end ! we'll stop. I don't think I can improve the fort. Alright, it was a fun turn, in which i meana !!fun!! turn or something euqqually comedic.

ALRIGHT? END TURN

21:46 Cannot possibly move forward. Alright, see you next time.

Sober assessment: Well, that was a two-season turn. nothing really happened except me trying to save the fortress from it's probably imminent wrextermination. Also drunken shenanigans, and no sleep this time.
Ah yes, I also built four additional trade depots and pulled a bunch of levers. (The ones that are in bunch of eight, or something)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

triple posting is fun

Save's uploading. Soon you will be able to access it, Shoruke.

edit : http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10479
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:48:17 am by Naryar »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

This fort will endure as long as there remains a dwarf to be renamed Lord Mr. Tacos.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile

Trappist. Mmm. Trappist are good but lemon juice with trappist?
Wait, did you just pull the obsidian generator levers while most of the dorfs were INSIDE the candy spire or hell directly underneath and also pulled the levers that seal off lower levels so they can't escape? Yet another spire forever unavailable

Interesting

Edit: Strangely enough I can't get the save to run
testing with 40.24 (was using 40.23)
Ok. It required 40.24

Yep. Dorfs, magma, water, obsidian, candy and hell. All in one happy mixture.
Shoruke appears to be close to drowning, Kamin is trapped and will soon melt and Naryar is just stumbling around
What have you done?!?
I approve of this.

Also, our front gates seem to be gone
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:20:58 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

''Instructions were not clear, entombed population in obsidian''

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would have used 40.23 if my version of 40.23 didn't bugged out of order due to raw changes. And I had no 40.23 RAR for some reason, and no internet access either. So there's that, this is now a 40.24 save (maybe ?)

Trappist. Mmm. Trappist are good but lemon juice with trappist?
Wait, did you just pull the obsidian generator levers while most of the dorfs were INSIDE the candy spire or hell directly underneath and also pulled the levers that seal off lower levels so they can't escape? Yet another spire forever unavailable

Interesting

I don't even know  :P

Naryar is just stumbling around

this is quite accurate from a player perspective
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:25:30 am by Naryar »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

I updated DF and got the save loaded. Only thing I looked at was number of dorfs; with 42 available, I shouldn't have to reclaim.
Assuming nobody beats me to the punch, I'll take a turn tomorrow.

NEWS UPDATE: It is now tomorrow. I am therefore eating cheese bread and fried chicken and drinking vodcoke zero. Once drunk, I will play Drunk Fortress.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:48:18 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

\m/ Aw yeah!
I am getting drunk myself here, but since I currently lack a computer I look forward to living vicariously through a Shoruke turn! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: everyone dies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: assessment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:52:38 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Well, that was sad, but at least we learned a valuable lesson which is...

urhm...

...booze?

Anyway, the next fortress should be called Vodcoke.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:58:53 am by Taupe »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do not regret pulling these levers at all.

It was inevitable.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 07:10:47 am by Naryar »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile

Wh... what happened? Did someone get the plate on that truck that hit Anvillures?
Nice turn Shoruke. Really brings out the confusion and drunken engineering. Sums up the fort pretty nicely.

I do not regret pulling these levers at all.
All I regret is not pulling them myself
(or not leaving a trapped settlement of dorfs and plumphelmet farms in hell while the rest of the fort gets murdered)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: part 2 is boring (click to show/hide)

Here have a save

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks like a Fun embark.

I will take a turn in a few days, I think. Monday evening maybe.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:26:50 am by Naryar »
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 341