Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138534 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [40.24: Drunkenfortresses, A Blank Slate]
« Reply #2970 on: January 23, 2015, 02:01:55 pm »

Is the embark on a new world altogether? I want to get the pictures in the OP right--the correct world picture, as well as the correct embark picture.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: January 23, 2015, 10:07:00 pm »

Ooo, a new fort! And a wonderful turn! Exciting stuff! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: January 23, 2015, 10:32:31 pm »

Is the embark on a new world altogether? I want to get the pictures in the OP right--the correct world picture, as well as the correct embark picture.

No, same world as the previous fort.
Also, did nobody notice that at one point all the rocks seem to be negative hundreds of thousands of spaces away from the crafting rooms?!?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: January 23, 2015, 10:34:16 pm »

Yeah I was like ''who dropped all the crafting materials on the fucking sun?''

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: January 23, 2015, 10:44:06 pm »

No, same world as the previous fort.
Also, did nobody notice that at one point all the rocks seem to be negative hundreds of thousands of spaces away from the crafting rooms?!?
Yeah that looked ominous, I thought the next bit was going to be about generating a new world because Floating Point Demons ate that one.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: January 24, 2015, 07:31:23 am »

Isn't it an old minor bug caused by pathing or something? I have had it a few times before. Fixes itself pretty easily.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: January 25, 2015, 07:38:17 am »

Going to take a turn this evening, I think.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: January 25, 2015, 09:00:19 am »

* shoruke waits eagerly
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: January 25, 2015, 10:00:50 am »

Scruffy is oblivious to reality.
He felt pleasure reading a fine turn lately.
Was very pleased to be uncovered lately.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He admired a very fine new fortress lately.

A short, sturdy creature fond of booze and fortresses.
He needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far, far too long

Waiting for your turn Naryar
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:02:26 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: January 25, 2015, 10:23:33 am »

If you guys want to take a turn, you can take a turn first... i'm not drinking yet, probably in a few hours.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: January 25, 2015, 12:46:44 pm »

18:40 Alright, time to start drinking.

Here's what I have :

A bit of martini with lemon juice in here, 3 Christmas brew Grimbergen's, and one chestnut-flavored Corsican beer. (It won't explode at me, no)

Will start by the martini. Let's see if beer on martini is Fun... shall we ?

18:42 White martini + lemon juice is indeed very good. I'll need to try red martini with lemon juice, but not so sure.

18:50 Done with the first martini glass. Now I must finish the rest of the martini ,ha haha this will be fin i mean fun.

18:53 alllriiight second glass has started, i'm also opening the save

18:58 why is there no grass in the caverns

why are the trees LSD trees

and i'm not even drunk yet i mean alcohol couldn't possibly reach my veins in 15 minutes

19:00 Continuing to drink, I'm not starting yet. I think shoruke mentioned a volcano drain but i see no magma everywhere

it's the first day of spring, let's see how long I last (maybe i last more than one year !)

i will try to make this turn the stuff of drunken legend, yes lime martini is good

19:09 Many trees. Much cut wood. Fortress defense has been started, but needs some serious work.

need to finish that martini. Also we're 6 dwarves, Naryar died (why it had to be Naryar ?  >:( )and no migrants yet.

It's the first of hematite, early spring. Maybe I'll do more than a year !

19:10 I'm done with the martini. I am honestly surprised with my alcohol consumption speed this day.

I'mma gonna drink a beer over that martini and then start.

About the fort, Shorukke dig to the caverns and he dig so hard and mightily than we have huge holes in the caverns, no defense against FB's at all.

Since we have a volcano <3 I'll start a metalworking industry soon. Probably AFTEr we have only seven dwarves though.

19:16 Will go for a walk, probably gonna go to the local pub. I think I need some fresh air. Then when I'm back we'll start soon !

19:57 Had a Gulden Draak at the pub/bar, awesome beer as always. Also not feeling drunk enough, so I'm dunking another beer before I play. Time for le drunk thunder game.

20:31 Had another beer. I will start now, though, because... well, I must play !

Will drunk more because not feeling drunk enough.

20:33 Alright, it's STARTING time wow caps loc

20:37 Why is the drunken thing... I mean the carpenter's workshops not CLOSER to the surface i mean we're only seven and yet the dwarves are spending half of their time hauling wood

must drink more, feeling pretty drunk right here

20:40 i must make something, that is to say an underground farm plot beacuese there isn't and shoruke ahas the birghting bright i mean idea of putting his farm worskshop level in an nearly ALL RCOK LEVEL

i eman what

20:45 Construct wooden Chair (10) has been compltered

i mean WHAT THE FUCK WOODEN CHAIRS SHORUKE ARE YOU AN ELF SYPMPTATHIZER

THERE NEEDS TO BE ROCK CHAIRs in there; oR METAL; (capslock fail again). Rock and metal chairs are pretty dwarven, I believe.

20:48 wow starving horses, i therefore order a pasture made of things and horses and i put the mule in there goforor fgood reason (maybe they will interbreed ? oh wait, that's horse and doneky, mules are already sterile due to too high genetic distance between both parents)

20:52 i see shoruke has alreadu done a magmasmelter level, i thoufhgt it wasn't done yet, respect for thgimg i mean him !

well, people are smelting tetrahtehdrite or whaterver, i think we need to focus more on food industry and stuff first, also mrore froooms;

20:55 I just designated in underground far plot , it needsto be done, PLUMPT HELMETN?Ss:§ § 5 WOW FHYDR (nevermind the typo), so plump helmets winter, sweet plots spring, cave wheat summer, and pig tails autumn, should work fine, also it's 4x3 so should be sufficient, maybe, i'll just dig more around it

20:59 shoruke why did you embared with no GROWER dwarf, i can't even get muy head around it, it's a mess

i mean i'm going to use this here vodcoerr covvocvvovkerkcker (wow shit), i mean vodcoker, as grower and he has no skill

derpeheepr dehrp

21:02 Migrants, yes ! win!

First migrant is a macedwarf and he is so going into the miltiriatry. Hop, here you go militia commaner. eecent skill

beforethat arrived an ADEQUATE MILKER? god how useless can these migrants ,be , i need some dwarforppower however, else i'll never wor kthat well

stray reinderr rd claf i am very impressed, nevermind tis her shit i don't even care dde df

oh next pigrant is a piglet, DERP HERP DERPITUD ERP

next migrant is an adequate woodcutter, novice marksward f and it's bretty much all, i've seen worse migrants to be honest :!

21:09 another migrant, novice tanner/spinner/presser, OH WOW I THINK I SHOULD SKILL MYSELF DUE TO RETARDATION

and then an equadteate adequate potter i tink i'm going to uopen the volcano and ust burn foff all of themm

another macedwarf, this one ain't too shitty so ok.avi you're in

21:11 alright, o i thin that's prety much done, migrants are over, we are now at 12 dwarves, not bad

need to contienue dthe projects and stuff, need tomake the fort safedd i think and stuff, i will need a bridge over htat entry aaah tfeeeling squite drunk right now, this will continue

21:21n owwow so ddrunk, muchasthunder, such runk fortress, peopleare fun !

anyways,,,, peopel are here, entered into the runk fortress

i mean i don't even caee care anrymore

22:00 Wow runk fortresss hahaha

Alright, stuff fi sis happening

also things happened

SLEEP NEARLY CLAIMED ME

FUCK THAT? I AM GREATER THAN SLEEEP

stuff is happening : P D: :D

playing more... sutff is happening :D

22:13 Sleep hasn't claimed me.

Anyways, things but must be done, i'm gonna take care of tdrunk fortress

22:19 THings are happening, drunk fortress. It's aways fun! anyways i am posting things, the image is stronk with this one.

built a fortress, things are happening

22:21 build forr things, runk fortress (yet again with these typos !) i'm building a fort drunk fortress, adnd t adh

siler brdige needs for a lever ! ! !de 1 one: one  !eelventy of wow all these typos, they mstusmust be GLORIOUS

AH FUCK THAT I AM THE MIGHTY NARYAR, THERE IS NOTHIN CTHAT CNAN STOP ME

22:25 thins are exceptionally fun right now

drunk fortress, i'm still alie

22:26 alright, taking the last beer, corsica beeer is STRONK,

22:27 bridgeis nfisnished, and then things are one

i need to stop being drunk

22:30 seetttign up the lever for the bridge, and the drunk fortress, and the styfff, aww

22:34 making some rrooms, ther'yre 3x1, thery should be sengouhg (oh wow), soemthing like that

maybe i should do something quite fun, yes, magma trap seems pretty fitting while runkd durbnk

22:35 Time for LE  - nevermind drunk fortress - i mean the el dorgfing so drunk can't type properly,  alright this wil be comedic

22:38, alrright, time to plug in the caverns so n oFrogeteene Beast goes on the fort !

We must stopiit !

My plug seems to be working but i'm quite not sure :O :^p

22:43 Building more rooms, more beds,

22:45 Alright, 25 beds are build, we're12 ,think it's enough for nwo

i willbuild more stuff... also, must warn of people... will give a warning for what is the  (don't even feel like finishing)

22:48 Well, the bridge is done. I'm also making a points/routes/notes thing for that. It happens.

bridge should work, fortres is mostly safe

maybe i should cage trap spam, let's do this gtis it s will be funny

22:50 i'm cutigng more terrs, let's see how it does (cave-ins ? funs funs FUN!)

22:53 bobnova has crafter a masterpiece wood bed

yeah it looks bood gobbonvoa, you're the best

oh might fucking armok i am dso drunk this turn is gonna be fun

*gets lightning  bolted by armok* I AM SORRY? RGREAT LORD DON'T TAZ ME BRO SMITE ME AGAIN

23:24 oh well

things are happening

23:47 WEREWARTHGOG

it bypassed our defenses, i will go fro all defenses, kill them all

FOR KHORNE! ALL DWARVES SLAY ! MAIM THEM AND SEE THEM DEAD AND SLAUGHTERED !

23:53 ALL DWARVES ON IT, KILL IT ALL ! FOR THE FORTRESS!

GOOD JOB!!

Now I must wall dwarves, they are uncontrolled and weredwarves

23:54 Well, nevermind, it's dead (PRAISE ARMOK); Now I must wall the dwarves that have been werewarthog'd.

00:06 Alright, got all the werewarthog infectees, now must findthem back . Kill them, or stick them into stuff, probably enclose them somewhere safe.

00:09 MEANWHILE

Fuck you, RNG. Fuck you with a tetanus-filled, rusty knife ALSO infested with Yersinia pestis. There, that's what I am thinking.

Seriously a forgotten beast at 20 dwarves or so ? Fuck you so deep you will remember it with the rest of your life.

Ah well, it's a forgotten beast made of ash. It will die at the first hit.

00:13 oh wait i'm gonna send the werewarthog suqad avainttst it, maybe they'll just ide die lol die !

00:16 Yoink, werewarthog infectee, kicked the forgotten beast o de eahth

ahahaha it's dead just die you fucker

Alright, time to wall in the werewarthog infectess...

00:22 All the fucking bugts werewarthog infecteees FEACES are leaiving, I locked up only one. Need to see where they are !

00:24 Two werewarthog infectees locked, three remaining

seems there will be three locked soon enough

00:32 ALL THE INFECTED DWARVES ARE LOCKED DOWN

GREAT SUCCESSS !

00:34 I will double checkc the werewarthogds so the fort doesn't fail. Also I feel I must lock up the fort.

THE FORT WILL SURVIVE

I WILL NOT BE DEAFEATED

I AM THE MIGHTY NARYAR

00:37 TRRANSFORMATIONTIME

But fuck you, since I have completely prevailed and all the werewarthogs are confined. Well, one of them is riping his husband to shreds, but this is less important (i assume it is merely marital issues).

Just as planned, werewarthog infection controlled ! I am a follower of Tzeebntch as well, despite appearances ! Khorne is not everything ! War cannot be waged without battle plans, after all !

00:45 Some peasant has been found dead. Well, he just got killed by hiw werewarthog wife.

That was planned and I assumed he will die. He is unimportant.

It's early winter. Soon I will stop, maybe in spring so Scruffy can take a turn (I know he wants one)

00:58 Here's the defenses I set up, just moar cae crtraps

heh

01:00 Not too much drink left, I'm nearly feeling sober

anyways, ti'm filling stuff. Drunk fortress, must be continued. I'm digging for ores, eploratorry miningn n oot not feeling like DFHD hack reveal.

01:04 No more drink left, not feeling Ihave enough drink anyways... probably ending soon, it was a 2/3 season turn but a GOOD one. Nearly feeling sober :P

01:05 Alright, it is an end yet. FOR THE FORTRESS.

I defended valiantly the fortress, next will be ocarradorccaridng to the will of Armok.

Advice for the next people, the real dwarves, the net overseers:
-Haven't done a real military yet, there needs one.
-Food and drink seem fine for now.
-Make a better defense system, right now I feel it will stop a decent amount of goblins but nothing more.
-Beware of werebeasts. I don't have any dog-based advanced detection system.
-If you want to do stupid dwarf tricks with the werebeasts in there then do so, I have no controld s over what you do thoughK.

It is the 15th of Moonstone early winter, so it was a slightly-more-than-2-seasons week. It is done and we must play, and CONQUER.

For Armok ! For Khorne ! There needs to be blood spilled for eternity and in a GLORIOUS way !

When the galaxy burns, we will DEFINE righteousness!

/end turn
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:15:54 pm by Naryar »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: January 25, 2015, 02:29:58 pm »

Pub in the middle of turn? Nice

I hope that you will be able to post the save once you are done
Edit: Aww. fixing typos? Please don't
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:39:40 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: January 25, 2015, 02:42:53 pm »

Why would i fix typso ? the only typod fixing that i'm doing it trying to fix drunken typos after all and idn don't 'change the typo itself

TL/DR this post is a good explanation in itself, i believe

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: January 25, 2015, 03:38:38 pm »

21:21n owwow so ddrunk, muchasthunder, such runk fortress, peopleare fun !

anyways,,,, peopel are here, entered into the runk fortress

i mean i don't even caee care anrymore
Now THIS is what drunkfortress is all about. You have reached a suitable level of incoherence  :D

Edit: Don't let the sleep claim you now. We want to know what is happening

HNGH. Must remain drunk so I can take a turn later. Getting late

..I get the feeling that there won't be any dorfs left at this rate

HURRAH! the wereswines are locked?
Well done mighty NarNar
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:40:06 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: January 25, 2015, 06:47:03 pm »

I'll wait for spring and then let you play, scruffmeister.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 341