Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1163236 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile

Aww darn it. Drinking
Ok, here I go again

Spent the evening making pork pies. Never actually tried making hot water crust dough before and it is hard to get lard for it where I live.
The filling is quite different from the typical brittish pie though. Pork, bellpepper, red onion, garlic, a bit of cabbage and a some tomato puree.
Actually considered filling them with the same filling I usually use for gyoza but ended up with this (I know that atleast someone here most likely eats gyaza)

Anyway, I have gambina (22%) and unfiltered potato wine which I just racked earlier today and kept half a litre for drinking now. Actually it tastes pretty nasty since it hasn't matured yet.
Just downed a glass of gambina and a beer.
Designing my next project while waiting to get drunk since there is no way I would manage to finish it without drowning the whole fort if I didn't.
Yes, I know. Cheating. Planning ahead. Don't worry, there will be more than enough death later on.
Hmm
I think that I will leave the venice thing for the future overseers and build a lake. A like with a fort in the middle. Or is that just a moat?
Yep, I think that it is just a glorified moat. Atleast the future overseers can use it as a water source for their fun little projects.

I would hav preferred taking a turn later on the fort's future since there are not enough dorfs or food etc so i can't concentrate fully on the mining. Darn
Feeling somewhat drunk.
Started making digf orders before I get too drunk.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here. The moat. Would make it wider. A LOT wider but don't hav eenough miners to do something like that yet.

..I have no idea what I was planning on doing with these
I think that there will be water in hte middle and non-drowning dorfs .. somewhere
Hopefully I will remember or toherwise k will most likely drown the entire undergorund part of the fort.

Hmm.. can I make it collapsable`#` yes, i think i can. Can't use the usual airlock system for magma submnerged collapsable forts since water has pressyre. hmm
Oh well, i thnk i can manage and if i fail nobody will accidently destroy the fort which is good.
I relly should stop making these death levers since they always end up screwing up the fort but WHAT WOULD BE TE POUINT OPTHERSISW?
If you are going to build a large prokect Project you simply HAVE to have a way to collapse it. It is half of the charm.
used the leftover pie filling, egg for glazing it and the afterheat from the oven to make an omelet. Yum

I think that I will have sto slow a bit on the drinking so I can last a whole yer. YEAR
Unpaused the game. It st aerts here.

ordered the wagon to be deconned. it is in the way of the moat. also made the miners dig under 3x3 trees and have the lumberdorfs chop a stairway inside the living thrres

therse will lead to the trees
building a stayrway in the averns to allow digging derper
Also made a path from teh caverns to the trees. Or atleast designeated one

Must consetntrate on mining
Building a depot to lure in caravans for looting.
assigned new jobs. Kind of liked the ones earlier bu too many farmers. wont get skilled.
await. people are stupid. the farmers will die. must spread out the skills event touh it will mean leass harvest
Darn it. mercahnts didnt have a depot in time so most turned away
migrants!
I mean MINERS!

all we have is plumphelmets? What?
oh well. will get more from the caverns
had to removbe some stockpiles to make room. sorry previous overseer.
why are we gooking booze? We need it for drinking!

co,llapse. oops. damn it kamin9
Wait? why do we have kamin9 if we have just a dozen dorfgs?
cut the channeling designatiosn to prevent ay more dead miners from caveins

The depot is gone
 Aöö hail the new depot!
designated a bookkeeper. who shoudl he be?
kamin is our chief medical officer. dorfg i mean. damn star trek "chief medical officer"
Iä'm sure tha kamin wouldn't let our dorgfs die. RIGHT?
biolöding beds.
walling off part of averns'
damn damp stones

bedrooms

why are the caverns full of miasma?
dead reptile men and giant toads
must be wary. reptiles on the moive
'wait? when did I drink half of the bottle of gambina?
added zpmes zones

oh. ruhn starved. bugger
mafe a new ruhn. good that they are easy to replace

dining room. soon

vuva? what the hell is this3`?
where was the brewwers dowrkshop? i lost it. darmn

aboce ground farms
hmm, what is that strange gray thin?
ruhn2 needs rooms
he is important
broker, bookkeepr and all
damn damps stones. stop itnerrupting

I think i accidenlty deleted a large cuhink CHUNK of my text log. oops?

I have+?

The vuolva text wont e as complete as camulust wanted.sorry bud
downward passages and all

havent progressed much on the proiject. damn!
a second downward passage
d

i really want to bykd tgat tower fortress but have other stuff to do
damn this omelet is good.
the game? havent had much tume to worry about that
collapse.
dead minewrs
ooopös

Chichkesn? Must make scoops.
Buiklding craftdorfworkships or em
still nowehere near finishing but late winter and not even done with the dining rooms

Drnn k
TIME TIO DIG!
THERWEAL TREASUE!
THE PROJECT! TIME FOR THe PRIJECT!
¨
migrants.
Yes.
miners. need to yuild a blacksmith to make puicks
more caverns. yes

miners finally working on the prioject. yes
DAMNT IT!
 THE GIANT 3x3 TREES I WAS GOING TO BURROW INSIDE WRE CUT DOWN!
Someone... prior to me ordered them to be curt dornw. i think,. perhaps. perhaps not. who knwos

bloody apes!

what the HELL? is this the effect of dorfs traveling from old forts to the next? we have 3 legenrady fighter dorfs
bobnmova6, clovermagic4 and kamin9. scruffy7 is only a novice wrestlrer....
are the´se the opld uberdorfs?
erm... seems limke naryarsomething is suimpl obl9iterating hte invading wereape

nestboxes!
randomdragonwelp taken by waymood
.--

henboxes. so many hens
tood runk. cant sem to be ablte to buil coffins

the game keeps crashing
WHY?
it just ekesp crashing
no matter what i do it just crashes
Urgh. Slept a few hours. Feel horriblre.
Got the save forking. It always crashed on a certain date or something but had an earlier save and retired the fort. It works after unretiring.
All the booze was gone though and the drtagon went insane due to teatolatling- All the dig orders are gone too

Ghost. so many chosts.

bloody wereapes
OOK!
OOOK!

Scrufgft is murdereing the chickens. so many dead choickens
kamin, why are you sleeping in the ditch?

waterspoirce for the thirsty byms bums
ugh. dug out spots that were not supposed to be dug. channeling mutliple levels is hard when soemwhat drunk. will build walls

many of our dorgfs are legendary soldiers from the vprevious fort..
multiple kamins..
when did i build all these bedroms+
more wreapes. so much channeling. had to break many walls to reach the spots. will be messy
MINER GHOST BEST GHOST!

siquo, stop playing with the spiderwebns
one prioject level done. many to go
crash
CRASH!
FUU!

I give yup
sleep now. head ruts like hell

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:13:27 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage

Aww darn it. Drinking
I knew you'd see the light, my adamantine-encased lovebird, you.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [40.24: Nobody Even Knows Anymore]
« Reply #3257 on: April 16, 2015, 04:43:25 pm »

Quote from: Kamin
P.P.S.- Scruffy is my own personal diamond, and he will shine on forever in my heart.

Ok. starting to feel a bit creeped out. eep
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Camulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets see what happens with this relatively mundane embark.

iirc there are a few chickens somewhere....think I brought chickens.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [40.24: Nobody Even Knows Anymore]
« Reply #3259 on: April 16, 2015, 05:53:44 pm »

P.P.S.- Scruffy is my own personal diamond, and he will shine on forever in my heart.

Ok. starting to feel a bit creeped out. eep
I'll have you know we were married many, many times in Drunk Fort. We even had OFFSPRING. And you are so quick to disown me? For shame, Scruff. For SHAME.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

So Kamin X Scruffy is a thing ? I was aware alcohol made girls more prone to lesbianism, but does it work for boys as well ?

Also I want to vote for the "I am shoruke" option because it's the funniest. Alas, option one is what I believe, so...

Also checking out that turn it seems good. I'm actually somewhat boozed up but it's time for sleep now ! GO ! SCRUFFY ! (now scruffy is a pokemon), finish your turn man !
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:30:54 pm by Naryar »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Kamin X Scruffy is a thing ? I was aware alcohol made girls more prone to lesbianism, but does it work for boys as well ?

Also I want to vote for the "I am shoruke" option because it's the funniest. Alas, option one is what I believe, so...

Also checking out that turn it seems good. I'm actually somewhat boozed up but it's time for sleep now ! GO ! SCRUFFY ! (now scruffy is a pokemon), finish your turn man !
go on. Grab a turn. Mine crashe´d

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the game keeps crashing
WHY?
it just ekesp crashing
How many forts has this world had, now? This is our what, second or third world? It's possible that our world is finally dying (again). It is sad, but it happens--each world can take only so many drunken forts, so many drunken overseers...

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the game keeps crashing
WHY?
it just ekesp crashing
How many forts has this world had, now? This is our what, second or third world? It's possible that our world is finally dying (again). It is sad, but it happens--each world can take only so many drunken forts, so many drunken overseers...

It's been a few, some fairly long forts too. One faced disaster and won out three or four times. Wouldn't especially surprised me if this world was dead.
I think the count stands at one lost due to update from .34 to .40 (or two? Did we lose another during the early .40.x days when something broke saves?), one generated for some drunken reason or another (out of volcanos I think), and one killed outright. This'll be the second that is straight up dead.

We had at least one water fort in the past, there was a massive river with cliffs on the side that someone (<cough>scruffy</cough>) thought it'd be a good idea to carve 3x3 up stairs into the bottom of. I spent significant time and effort getting lava to the middle of the many-many tile wide river to seal it. Successfully, as I remember.
Not surprisingly, I messed up a couple times along the way and fried a few dwarves.
Even less surprisingly, I didn't think quite far enough ahead, and I'm pretty sure I set the entryway tunnel, trading post, and most everything downhill from the trading post, on fire.
Oops.

In my defense I might have been drunk.

With 218 pages of drunken rambling to sort through figuring out how many worlds there've been would be quite the undertaking.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

How can this world be dead? This is only the third fort!

The dongfortress was the first fort I made in the new world, which I genned up because I wanted more volcanoes all over the place.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aaaand..
Cause of constant crashes confirmed.
Took me a while, but it is this:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8719
Some wall construction orders in the caverns and one tile has a fungiwood under it. This might actually explain some of our earlier crashed turns too

Played the same month multiple times when drunk, always rebuilding the same things, crashing and starting all over again. Might aswell drink and replay the months lost to the crash.

Edit: This confirms it. Trees are evil. Building treehouses or walling of parts of the caverns are fatal to dorf civilizations. No more elfing around. (Have to be careful with the caverns and certainly no aboveground building on top of living trees. THEY HAVE TO BE MURDERED AND BUTCHERED INTO LUMBER FIRST!)
Oh, and HURRAH! the world isn't dead yet.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:58:33 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aaaand..
Cause of constant crashes confirmed.
Took me a while, but it is this:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8719
Some wall construction orders in the caverns and one tile has a fungiwood under it. This might actually explain some of our earlier crashed turns too

Wow. Now THAT is good detective work. I would never have figured it out. I owe you a bottle of booze, Scruff.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starting from the precrash, unretired save. (lucky that i saved the fort midturn)

got a LARGE glass of potato wine
Since I have played through these next two months or so twice or so already I think I can remember most of the stuff I did and can just quickly repeat it all.
Removed the crash-inducing construction orders, added more beds to dorms, started building a drinking hole and ordered some crap to be built on repeat
I think that some channeling orders caused plenty of deaths before. Clearing those orders. Better start from scratch
This feels too.. efficient. Oh well, I'm, sture that I will manage to mess up later.

HURRAH FOR LEGENDARY IMMIGRANT MINERS!

werescruffy is on a rampage. again. better kiull him
scruffy7, now youy know why you fear the night

Hurrah for hammerlords from previous fort
i wonder how many dorfs got infectede into wrescruffies

cave crocodies eating fishermen. bah. not a carp
ruch2, bobnova6 and randomdragon (who still lives? was ot one of the crashed months where he was dead?) just punched teh crocodile to death

a kobold. how cute
must tuff corpses somewhere. coffins

i think scruffy7 infected the other scruffy and some nameless hobo

eggs. too many eggs. horny hens are worse than cats. I want kobold eggs. a chickencoop full of dosile little kobolds. for eggs.
randomdragon went insane. there we go

Most of the glass gone
migrants.
19th hematite
this is the day the saves crashed

so much blood
kamin and clover killed wrescruffty and the other werething. they died in a pile of blood and vomit on a dining table. bobnova6 got bitten to death by werebobnova
werebobnova kept biting bobnova in the head and shaking him aroudn

24dorfs
miners all dead

thick layer of soil. easxy to dig large areas
the living randombragon turned into wereape and killed the hjospital staff
running low on dorfs

More werethingites! DAMN IT! SO MANY DEAD DORFS! EVery moth more transfrorm
,amaged tp traå MANAGED TO TRAP two wereapes who i think transformed bereor. I think. If they starbve they are not. If thgey live they are
THEY WRE!

Gettign more to drinbk
mroe coffins

Gates for keepign the future water away. can flush it down to the caverns if needed. flow should push back angry critters and wash away blood.
Or just drown the dorfs

crunsdles in the diningroom? hwo?
taupe taken by mood
wereapes transform a few secibds different times. they kill eachother before borth transfrom
only one werethgignie left. I thin k. Hopefulkly

caravan. fiunally

YEAR done? gtom tge beginning of camulus's trun I mean
NO WAY!after all this work, buggy crashes and minign micromanagement i Must finish what I started.
taype created an ugly ring with crundlebone
DA;M DAMP STONES!
SO close to finishing the main part
smoothing some of the floors
m
migrants!

making a lake area while the rest of the thing is being made. will bild a city oin stilts
big wooden pillers to support ab ygk hgorde of dorfs

FIRST LEVEL DONE! 2 others newrarly ready

starting on the last level. soon wer can start filling it

lakethinkgit porogreassing. building floors to prevent it from collapsitn
kivekt siuk LOVELY SOIL! that is fast to dig
oops

IT IS BREACHED!
FILLING IT WIRTH WATE¤!
HURRAH! MU WORK HERE IS DONE!
SO MUCH WORK AND IT SI FINALLY DONE!! WITH PERFECTIOPN! EXCEPLENT:! PERHAPS EVENB TOO GOOD
shouldnt habe planned s much. ruins the fun since no sercoius mistakes.

WAIT!
WE HAVE A LEAK! THE POOL IS LEAKING!
where is the hole? must fix it before it wills too mugh
found a hole. 2-3/7 pf flowing water. can't build. ARGH!
[/color]

DONE! After a dozen cancels it is constcructed! part of the fort flooded though becauze i had to keep the gats sovpen in order fo te orfs to afccess the hole. no biggie
wAIt, what? more water? wherefrom? stairway!?! FLOOD!
FLOOOD IN THE BEDROOMS!
THE RIVER FLOWS STRASIGHT INTO OUR BEDROOMS!
ANMD THE DINKIGNT ROOM AND FOODSTOCKBPILES ARE BLOW IT!

SEALED! Took so mnay suspensions due to waterbut it s done
most of the berdroomsare under 2/7 to 6/7 water. harmless hti think
bah. it is just dead dorfs.rooms can be rebuilt
trying to diricet DRAIN the water into caverns. The worset that can happen is extremely muddy bedrooms with mushrooms growin in tem

NO! CAMULUS AND MURDOCK! Waht are you doing in there? SLEEPING?!? IN TH WATER? SEALED BEFHIND A GATE?[/size]
MORE WATER! WR NEED MORE WATER! TOO SLOW! DIRECTING MORE WATER IN THE FORTRESS!
PROGRESS!! YES!

;Mpre booze stockpiles!

ELVES! FPOUL ELVES!

we ban grow blupmphelmets in the bedrooms...
Should stop turn but willigng the pool takse long so will wqait for it to foll a bit and engrave the walls. want to read some drowining miner thingeis
also killghin more trees and building venice
DORF LAKE CITY! HUZAH!

the brook is dryiung

low on booze. a litre of 15%wine gone,.drinking some gambina
åarrot? '

florde over a murky pool. no water geeting in the forty how

someone made a reed skirt. kegendary
pool hafl full

this is bvecoming a one dorf show. i hsould stop playing. this is not scruffyfort
Sorry people. instead of a turn this turend out into two long turns in a row. 1½ years okater PLAYED
waiting for hte pool to fill. thens stoppuign

WATER! WATER! ARGHJ! STOOCKPILKES!

brook is tntirly dry. everythiung going in the poolev
every suselss dorff is now smoothing walls. then it is READY!
where are all the minres? DAMN! LAKE FULL OF DEAD MINERS!

everubpdy os drownign!
'finally. just 2 more z-levels to fill
feösjite.- laet spring.
IT IS FILLING PU!

So manyd drownded dorefs. From 40 to 17
never EVERF PULL thrE LEVERS" NONE OF THEM!
Except the main gate ons on the top floor
sriously

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10776

iploading pictures and savev after play9ing. hard. sleep now
seriously. dont pull the levers or this happes
JSUT REM OVE thE LEVERS IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT PULL THEM!

Edit: Just a bit of extra from when I checked the save afterwards (to see that i uploaded the right one)
No interesting engravings yet

The elves don't know the grandeur of the superior dwarven cuisine!

..Thats just the corpses on a SINGLE tile. There are dozens of drowned dorfs in there.
Also fish. Some trout swimming around
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 06:23:55 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

i loled

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

I looked at the pictures backward. It looked like a magnificient Hanging-Garden style megaproject, until I scrolled back up and realized it was just scruffy drowning the whole fucking fort.

LOL.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 341