Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1151867 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

Well, looking at one of the most important pages on the wiki only costs you one drink  :P
Except, I think that rule expired with the previous fort.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I'm surprised anything works in drunk fort. I'm literally shocked anyone is coherent enough to produce anything vaguely useful in that state.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Splatteredmachines: All Hail Tacofort]
« Reply #3692 on: June 26, 2015, 09:09:10 am »

hey new plan. just set everyone as mechanics on the side and put all idlers to making and dumping mechanisms. That way any single mood produces a gear or pumpm We'll make an artefact only magama weapon.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: June 26, 2015, 09:16:53 am »

If the magma can't come to the taco, could the taco come to the magma?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: June 26, 2015, 10:51:11 am »

If we drop the taco, it'll drop in water. Though we should be able to make a magma basin...

It'll be destroyed by dropping anyways. So no.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: June 26, 2015, 04:19:06 pm »

If we drop the taco, it'll drop in water. Though we should be able to make a magma basin...

If we drop the taco it will leave a taco-shaped hole in the ocean floor and fortress until it can reach solid wall tiles somewhere around the bottom of our main fortress.
(Our main staircase, stockpiles and bedrooms are all under the taco, thus they are dug out tiles which will not stop a cave-in :P )
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: June 26, 2015, 05:54:25 pm »

Question, if we use saran-wrap (or other materials) to seal the tacos, could we add a like submarine-style entrance shaft, drop the tacos in the ocean, and have a fucking TACO SUBMARINE!?!?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: June 27, 2015, 12:22:39 am »

If we drop the taco it will leave a taco-shaped hole in the ocean floor and fortress until it can reach solid wall tiles somewhere around the bottom of our main fortress.
(Our main staircase, stockpiles and bedrooms are all under the taco, thus they are dug out tiles which will not stop a cave-in :P )
Glorious tacofort, could we get some corn, tomatos, and beans from the human traders and plant it on the taco's roof?
Could a drunk fort organise a successful trading session? kek.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: June 27, 2015, 01:01:31 am »

Much as I enjoy the popularity of being the only named character in the poll, we might have to start a new poll involving tacos soon.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: June 27, 2015, 01:54:25 am »

Tacosday device !

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: June 28, 2015, 07:47:16 am »

I just stumbled insto my room, stat down at my computer, then fell ver onto my arse and  roke out laughing, I think I a, drunk.
I miight play a turn in a bit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: June 28, 2015, 08:49:00 am »

I just stumbled insto my room, stat down at my computer, then fell ver onto my arse and  roke out laughing, I think I a, drunk.
I miight play a turn in a bit.

I was half-heartedly considering taking a turn, but nah, you go ahead.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: June 28, 2015, 10:56:34 am »

Someone certainly should.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: June 29, 2015, 12:31:57 am »

Someone certainly should.
I daresay he's probably sober now.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: June 29, 2015, 01:58:49 am »

Darn, you mean I could have played Drunk Fort instead of XCOM and I wouldn't have even been stepping on anyone's toes?
If it makes you all feel better, my next "today we learned" is gonna be great, because I went to a Maid Cafe yesterday.
Also, I might just end up taking that turn later today...
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 341