Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1162548 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Nu World: Arts and Crafts and New Versions, Oh My!]
« Reply #4065 on: December 16, 2015, 12:31:44 am »

It looks so fucking epic. And even moreso full of magma.

Doubt I'll be taking a turn tonight. Still have stuff to do tomorrow. @_@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: December 17, 2015, 03:44:09 pm »

Did shoruke flood the fort with magma, are dwarves being outsidee AND sober, and is there a siege ?

The only thing we lack is angry elephants.

edit : oh no that was scruffy

Havarous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: December 17, 2015, 04:42:54 pm »

I began a new thread to start my own drunk fortress, having not realised this was still going. I am somewhat, if not entirely, "ginned up", and I hope this explains my illogical manner.

If I am trusted enough to do so, I would like to put myself forward for the position of overseer. You will see on my CV that I am well schooled on burning to death in magma and tunnelling two fellas into the earth to survive the oncoming rampage of fiery death.

References available on request, but you really don't want to see them.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: December 17, 2015, 06:28:26 pm »

If I am trusted enough to do so, I would like to put myself forward for the position of overseer. You will see on my CV that I am well schooled on burning to death in magma and tunnelling two fellas into the earth to survive the oncoming rampage of fiery death.
...You're hired. When can you start?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: December 17, 2015, 11:08:14 pm »

...You're hired. When can you start?
Doubly hired.
Start now.

You fulfilled the requirements when you showed up drunk.
The step after that is downloading the save and playing the turn.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: December 18, 2015, 12:16:37 am »

We operate on a first drunk first served basis, you're drunk so grab the save, post that you're taking the turn and have at it.
Also rip grave fodder marcAFK
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Havarous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: December 18, 2015, 01:11:47 pm »

Sorry to disappear on you guys, made a bit of a tactical error. Was under the impression I was on the dry-heaves but my stomach found something else to throw up, probably a lung that migrated southwards.

Then it was morning, and my manager has this thing where he expects me to turn up sometimes. Either way, it was a whole thing, downloading the save now and chugging three beers and a stir-fry as fast as I can manage. Will start playing within the hour, if conscious.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: December 18, 2015, 02:26:27 pm »

Sorry to disappear on you guys, made a bit of a tactical error. Was under the impression I was on the dry-heaves but my stomach found something else to throw up, probably a lung that migrated southwards.

Then it was morning, and my manager has this thing where he expects me to turn up sometimes. Either way, it was a whole thing, downloading the save now and chugging three beers and a stir-fry as fast as I can manage. Will start playing within the hour, if conscious.
I'll look forward to reading about it.
The fort is not an utter mess since most of the magma has evaporated but the dorfs are still mostly surviving on muddy water and vomit, most of our nonmagma-safe materials and dorf junk have burned away and there is a vile force lurking around. Oh, and I don't think that we have any non-dorm bedrooms except the ones under 7/7urist of magma
Most of the dorfs don't seem to care anymore though
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have fun!
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: December 18, 2015, 03:16:07 pm »

Kamin and Shoruke, OTP. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Havarous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: December 18, 2015, 03:49:30 pm »

Not meaning to soud peesimistic, but I am only a few minues of unpaused time in and everythig is going horribly wrong.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: December 18, 2015, 03:51:02 pm »

Not meaning to soud peesimistic, but I am only a few minues of unpaused time in and everythig is going horribly wrong.

That's how you know it's working.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Camulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: December 18, 2015, 04:23:02 pm »

That's how you know it's working.

At least you can still see that things are going wrong, instead of being on the "Why the fuck are these multicolored blips hurting my eyes and why is the big red blip swallowing them" level of consciousness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: December 18, 2015, 04:25:17 pm »

At least you can still see that things are going wrong, instead of being on the "What the fuck are these multicolored blips hurting my eyes and why is the big red blip swallowing them" level of consciousness.

That's a good sign at least.

Which is unfortunate, as those mutlicolored blips are delicious. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Havarous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: December 18, 2015, 07:12:13 pm »

BLITZKRIG I'M IN THE ARRDENNES

So upon loading up I mut sa ythat I have NO experience with the military SPECT OF dwarf fortress.
I enjoy trade, lava death engines and long walks on the beach.

So let's stick to what wee know.

Driks: Just under 2 litres of Cobra beer (4.8% Vol) in last hour.
Mood: Angry with DF for being a little bitch about game versions

Proposal: New rule, drink whenever you see a dwarf drinking. Multiple dwarves at once still onlyy one drin.

These bedroom desigms aree trippy.

EVERYTHING IS TRIPPy\

Why is there Water Bufalllo?> Why is yAk?

Engraving makess the dwarveses happy :)

*Finish pint of G&T*

Alright
Alright
Timme to get a hold of what is goig on here.
Apparently we're being seiged, goodd to know..

Hah! Goblin wandered into the dining room.
Get out sonny. We're full.

PLOT TWIST: Game wonn't let me kill godlin filth.
DFis traitor.

Game has mds, did not realise there were modas.

Confused. Alone.

*Finishes beer*
*realises has yet to actually unpause the game*

wHY ARE GOBLIND?@

Apparently our truce withh the goblins is far from comptlete.

Sent cobat sculptures to deal with them, whilst i concentrate on the crafting side of thigs.

Cryastal busy. Crundle is in the cruddle.
Built two jeweller's workshos and a crattsdwarf. We have no workshiops and things I think.
If we have things I am lost them sAD.

We problem.

Iti s at this point that I feel we should set up somner kind of contingeronchiy pln.

Holy shit I went for a poss and it was unpaused and siege gets wors!

I am dorfed!

What is this bedroom nonsense. Get rid of this, make proper rooms, this whole place is open plan enough to make Lawrence Llewelyn-Boweyn blush.
Hella bullshit.

gonna make magga forges, booost our economy and hopefully result in hapy dwarves, who sell gold crafts and look at pretty engrVINGS For days and days.

I hope this works out well for our guys. Immaa dorrf some ppl now if there ar any on the forums.

*looks on forums/finishes pint of G*T*
Look I don't know I'm gonna dorf some of the more recent posters.

Dead missing count just hit 100!
Party at my place.
In all seriousness if any of you are ever in Plymouth (Devon, UK) gimme a bell and we'll hit up a bar or some shit. You are bros and and ETC.
Also guys you are my spirit animals. And the spirit is gin.
Anyhow, fganboyism done. Now fgor dorfism results:

Also whoever has been naming people about blackadder calendera has my fuoll support.
Put a swanky gem stockpile in the dining room to raise value, pretty surew that worjkd in ancy case,

Transferred like 20 bedsa from th3e gryffinsor dorimtry to proper romms. ACJUOTEVMENT GET!
I am menacing with spikes of your mum.

A FUCKMOTHERTING WERE TOITOIRE

It's fin, we got trapS out the arsehole.

*Finish drink, beer with gin in it, basically*

OH WHAT A LOVELYH TIKME FOR A PICNIXC

What is this, I mean what even is this. God dman it. OH LOOK I CSN PUT WHATer doWN ITS WET NORW.

The main gem stockpile may orn may not have been a corplse stockpile. Correcting that now.

NOTHING IS HAPPENING IN THIS GOD DAMN FORTRENESS
People wander outsidce for no reqason. Noone has come to trade becausd
The weretortoise is stinking out the place becausee our dwats broughtt him indoors, presumably under thr impression that he was having a quick snooze beetwen maulings.
Pretty sure we only have 1 actual miner (as in someone who is both skilled in mining and willing to mine) and maybe 80 dudes.

A ranger gets in a funny mood, he'll probably go mad and die, judging by the forts stocks screen.

Apparently there are already magma things. Whiopsee.

*Finish beer*
*Finish life*

Alright, gonna upload the fort now. I don't even think I've done a full season, but at one point (not pictured) I nearly magma-flooded the whole place again and only just cancelleed the designation in timme, I feel like I've forgottten like half a dozen things and I feel sick as a bumhole. Also work in 7 hours and too much of the gin. I was fine bout the beer but the gin is kicking my cute lil ass.

Drink tally:    Probably 2.5 litres of beer
      Probably 7 or 8 shots worth of gin

I have failed you.
*Sep-puke-oos* (Like ritual suicide but with vomit instead)

In any case, I need bed and DF File thing is being a nuisance, so file upload will have to wait till morning, it's all ben saved and life is good, so don't panic, pleaseede.

It@s all udner control.

EDIT: File is up! http://www.filedropper.com/drunkfott

Also my love for the fact that even the file name is misspelled has no bounds.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 07:07:41 am by Havarous »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: December 18, 2015, 08:07:30 pm »

BLITZKRIG I'M IN THE ARRDENNES

Why did that make me think of Sabaton?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 341