Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1133241 times)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Come and Smell the Ashes]
« Reply #4470 on: May 05, 2016, 10:13:08 pm »

Yeeeeeaaaaaaah, that perma-burning scroll in the staircase is annoying.  It won't burn out like everything else on fire did, so it just sits there on fire.  Forever.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: May 06, 2016, 04:25:57 am »

I just got out of a wisdom tooth removal surgery, if I wanted to take a turn while I was on the painkillers - vicodin - would that be cool? My mouth is still completely numb so I am not on it quite yet, but I will be soon.

I think Kamin gets the last say on this stuff, but basically if it's not something you can chug to stay drunk and/or get increasingly drunk, it doesn't qualify you for Drunk Fortress.

Actually, nevermind. Being on it for a little bit as the numbness wears off has lead me to the conclusion that I feel completely normal.
Try to do a physics exam on it then say that again.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

cltail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: May 06, 2016, 05:54:55 am »

I just got out of a wisdom tooth removal surgery, if I wanted to take a turn while I was on the painkillers - vicodin - would that be cool? My mouth is still completely numb so I am not on it quite yet, but I will be soon.

I think Kamin gets the last say on this stuff, but basically if it's not something you can chug to stay drunk and/or get increasingly drunk, it doesn't qualify you for Drunk Fortress.

Actually, nevermind. Being on it for a little bit as the numbness wears off has lead me to the conclusion that I feel completely normal.
Try to do a physics exam on it then say that again.
I mean, I don't need my Full Cognitive function to play dwarf fortress, It isn't That hard.
Although, I might be delusional and i could be loopy as hell. Its all possible.

EDIT:
I am probably not eligible for Drunk fortress from a small prescription amount of Vicodin, but if you need a semi-drowsy idiot eating pudding and jello to try and fix drunken architecture I guess I am open.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:03:42 am by cltail »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: May 06, 2016, 04:41:19 pm »

cant you just pump water over everburning objects?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4474 on: May 06, 2016, 06:52:09 pm »

Yes, drunkfort and pumping projects always work out swimmingly
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: May 06, 2016, 06:56:47 pm »

cant you just pump water over everburning objects?
Well, we DO have that floored over well project that would flood the dininghall and everything below if the floors were removed or the lever pulled.

edit:
See that dorf on the right side of the floodgate in the middle?
That bard has parked his or her poetic arse right on top of the lever that will do just that
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:00:13 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: May 13, 2016, 08:24:04 am »

Yeeeeeaaaaaaah, that perma-burning scroll in the staircase is annoying.  It won't burn out like everything else on fire did, so it just sits there on fire.  Forever.

In some games, this would be a powerful magic artifact. In dwarf fortress, it's something the dwarves ignore completely.

In DRUNK FORTRESS, it's something a drunken Shoruke specifically points out because "wtf!?"
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: May 14, 2016, 12:28:52 pm »

Hey.

I don't think I will take a turn soon, because our alcohol stocks are somewhat low, but I intend to in the future. Now I must just kill my enemy (aka sleep) beforehand.

Also Clover Magic :O

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: May 14, 2016, 01:19:18 pm »

Someone should strap the perma-burning scroll to a chain and use it as a weapon.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: May 14, 2016, 05:42:23 pm »

Someone should strap the perma-burning scroll to a chain and use it as a weapon.

No, it's obviously  magical. They need but unfurl and read it and unleash the power of the fire within.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: May 14, 2016, 11:16:37 pm »

I feel that this is siggable.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: May 17, 2016, 09:32:56 am »

So.... Is this still accepting turns? :D
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: May 17, 2016, 11:00:35 am »

So.... Is this still accepting turns? :D

Ja. If no one's all like "gonna get drunk now" then it's pretty much first drunk, first serve.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: May 17, 2016, 01:08:39 pm »

I got this funny tingling feeling that there's a turn coming up. It feels almost like heart burn but with dwarves.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: May 17, 2016, 05:44:46 pm »

Somethingsomethingsomething, not going to bother writing and will just start playing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12047

What a dull turn. Someone please get rid of that band of obese elven dancers
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:15:11 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 341