Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138805 times)

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Come and Smell the Ashes]
« Reply #4695 on: November 16, 2016, 10:26:04 pm »

Thanks, but I can't play 43.05 until Py updates the Starter Pack.

I'm pretty sure it's 43.04 atm.

I'm hoping if/when the current fort dies maybe we can start the new fort on 43.03 so LNP is in play

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: November 17, 2016, 05:07:17 pm »

I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since that last turn I played and I'm still too drunk to deal with this version/LNP/texture pack crap.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: November 18, 2016, 10:17:44 am »

I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since that last turn I played and I'm still too drunk to deal with this version/LNP/texture pack crap.

Lol. Im trying to see if i can figure it out at all.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: November 18, 2016, 11:48:56 am »

Pbbbt. I still tend to regard DF tilesets as fuzzy, ugly heresy. Which is funny because Dwarf Fortress is about the only roguelike I play where I outright prefer ASCII (or in this case, a pseudo-ASCII tileset). :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: November 18, 2016, 09:55:43 pm »

Pbbbt. I still tend to regard DF tilesets as fuzzy, ugly heresy. Which is funny because Dwarf Fortress is about the only roguelike I play where I outright prefer ASCII (or in this case, a pseudo-ASCII tileset).

I learned on lnp and cant make head nor tail of the ascii here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: November 19, 2016, 03:42:49 pm »

Pbbbt. I still tend to regard DF tilesets as fuzzy, ugly heresy. Which is funny because Dwarf Fortress is about the only roguelike I play where I outright prefer ASCII (or in this case, a pseudo-ASCII tileset).

I learned on lnp and cant make head nor tail of the ascii here.
It's like reading a book. You look at the esoteric symbols and picture what you're really looking at in your head.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: November 20, 2016, 12:51:40 pm »

You poor heretic. <3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #4702 on: November 25, 2016, 05:10:13 pm »

Haiiiiiiiiiiii! I successfully mated and raised one of the brood to alivehood, all without being cannibalized (yet).

Fill me in, friends; let me know what to update. Also, know that I love you all. Also, happy Thanksgiving. Also, uh... I'unno. I missed you drunk bastards.  :'(

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: November 26, 2016, 10:50:28 am »

Haiiiiiiiiiiii! I successfully mated and raised one of the brood to alivehood, all without being cannibalized (yet).

WOOOOOOOOO! Grats!
As for what to update.... Pffft, I dunno either, I'm usually drunk when I think about Drunk Fortress.  :P
I think there was someone who requested a dorfing a couple pages back?
The most recent save is (should be?) this one.

The state of the fort is:
The farms, food storage, and half the bedrooms are underwater.
Shoruke can be sieged by teleporting through solid ground, but other overseers can't. (as far as I can tell, but it's a bit fuzzy due to drinking)
We have access to candy, but haven't started really going for it because it's, like, way over there. And the circus is probably nearby.
We don't seem to be 100% dead yet, but as for why or how that's true, I have no clue.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:55:42 am by Shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: November 28, 2016, 06:37:16 pm »

If i can figure out tilesets ill take a turn after i get paid the 7th

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Nu World: Arts and Crafts and New Versions, Oh My!]
« Reply #4705 on: December 01, 2016, 11:48:57 pm »

*sudden realization*
Kamin and Shoruke, OTP

Just to check... Kamin, your new kid doesn't happen to look like a half-Prinny half-mantis hybrid, does (he? she?) it?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: December 02, 2016, 11:34:11 am »

...penguinbugs, that is horrifying. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: December 16, 2016, 03:50:50 pm »

Oh. 2 weeks since the last post.

Well, anyway:
Sorry, I kind of forgot all about fixing that drunkfort LNP. On my defence, I was drunk when I created it. Never got around to fixing a few annoying things that happen when changing tilesets (or atleast when using the current save), mainly the dorf tiles getting stuck with one tileset's version of dorfs. Mostly caused by the current save.
Does anyone mind if we create a new world and save for the next turn? That would simplify things. Alot. I could create a new LNP for the current (old) save but I'd rather make one that is up to date with the current version. Tinkering around with the save every time someone changes the tileset is annoying and I don't want a LNP that uses an old version of dorf fort.

Edit: And ofcourse, congratulations Kamin! Taking care of your offspring must take most of your time. I'm happy for you, you parently mantis.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:54:30 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: December 16, 2016, 06:31:46 pm »

Oh. 2 weeks since the last post.

Well, anyway:
Sorry, I kind of forgot all about fixing that drunkfort LNP. On my defence, I was drunk when I created it. Never got around to fixing a few annoying things that happen when changing tilesets (or atleast when using the current save), mainly the dorf tiles getting stuck with one tileset's version of dorfs. Mostly caused by the current save.
Does anyone mind if we create a new world and save for the next turn? That would simplify things. Alot. I could create a new LNP for the current (old) save but I'd rather make one that is up to date with the current version. Tinkering around with the save every time someone changes the tileset is annoying and I don't want a LNP that uses an old version of dorf fort.

Edit: And ofcourse, congratulations Kamin! Taking care of your offspring must take most of your time. I'm happy for you, you parently mantis.

I'm sorry, my grammar-nazi-ism has been particularly bad these last few days, so you lost me at "alot".

But yes, go ahead and make a new world if it'll help everyone get their tilesets and whatever figured out.  :P
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:40:07 pm by Shoruke »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: December 16, 2016, 07:40:04 pm »

"I hate you alot."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 341