Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138957 times)

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile

So I come back after I don't know how long and this thread is still in the top two pages! You folks are tenacious! And since I barely remember what happened since before I left, time to do a thread binge!
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Or do an egg nog binge and take the reigns.
Unsteadily, perhaps, but willing to give it hell.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile

Or do an egg nog binge and take the reigns.
Unsteadily, perhaps, but willing to give it hell.

Sadly, I don't drink. I just watch the fun while the overseers are having Fun. But feel free to give it a go.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alas, a kindred (non-alcoholic) spirit.

Sadly, I don't drink. I just watch the fun while the overseers are having Fun.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

I've got about 5 months left before I can participate.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I became legally able to participate in this a few months ago. We shall see. I might try and take a crack at it
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

Oh man. This thread. It is eternal.

Maybe I should get drunk one of those days and play again. I've been getting back to DF those last days.

More likely I'll just go to sleep.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile

So many people saying maybe, so many of us sober losers. Nobody just going and doing it (safely, of course).

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

In 43 days I turn 21, I will play then.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

That's like, nearly two months.

Do we need a totally new fortress / world or no?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's like, nearly two months.

*takes out abacus*
*calculates 30+30*
*squints at screen*
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

*takes out abacus*
*calculates 30+30*
*squints at screen*

Close enough.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Obviously Archmages have no need for silly mathematics.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

This thread has languished for far too long.
I'm getting drunk, I'm getting keen, what should I do? Download the last save, or start a new world in whatever version seems ost current? I don't have DF of any description installed on this computer yet, so I'm easy.   

Edit: awright, fuggit, I'm gonna start a new thing before me drunk wears off and if anyone objects they're elcome to change it.
Aight, turning off spell corrections... now. Let's do this.   

Aw yeah. Let's get started!

9:53pm, 20th Granite

Okay, I told some dudes to mine out a bit of an entrance thingy. I s this a good time to mention I haven't played DF in a long tyime? Yeah t I think so, I got this. Don't worry aboutit.

9:58pm, 27th Granite

omg so many roots, what the heck?!
Uhhhh I think If you'll ecuse me I'm gonna go the the bottle shop before it closes, I kiiiiiinda maybe gave a cupla my beers to my hpusemates and s I should really stock up I wi;;

I will brb! As they say. es.     

[10:36pm] Alright! I'm back! And back in business! 4
I went and purcahsed another 6-pack of Singha. Now it i time to continue with the bevereages and the dorfs. Also I started teyna dig a weird entryway and AAAH MY MUSIC JUST CUT OUT WTF

It's aight, m music's al g now. I'm listening to Bongzilla, in case y'a;ll were wondering.  Good shit, even if maybe more appropraite for Dan Fortress than Drunk Fortress...   

11:0pm, 23rd Felsite

There weren't even any combat logs!   

11:20 pm   

Pity I can;t remember how to set up a miliatry, eh? We got at leawst three decent military dwarves...   

She's gt six gobln/troll kills, btw,   

11:24, 25th Hematite: oh yeah, and I forgot to ention, I'm pretty sure that dead miner died 'cause I faield to properly i    dig out our entrance o allwau. Sowwy!
Yeah, Whoops.   

11:30pm, 8th Malachite
I tried to plant a couple plots of plump helmets, o idea if I did it right, but y'nkow...   

11:41, 17th Galena
Impresive considring I have p. much no clue as to how to farm proberly   

12:06am, 12th Limestone
Aw shit, now we have that one dead miner rising as a ghost and the drwarven caravan showing up. I have a hard enough time knowing how to deal with these dudesast athe best of times...   

12:13am
Aw shot, what do we want from their mercants? D:   

12:29, 15th Limestone
Alright, here's what they want. Try and remember, 'cause I sure won't.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

12:44, 17th Limetsone

1:17am, 3rd Sandstone: Damnite, I just ost a big k'(old) update I was psting.
Tbh I can''t remember exactly what I  planed on saying, but I'm sure it was clever. Oh, yeah, I tink it involeved the outpost liasion. Not really important, amirite????   

Fakeedit: oh yeah, and there are migran omig in. *mgrants coming in
Wtf do I do with them oddamn   

1:37am, 6th Sandstone
Oh man. So many migrants, mostly useless, and I dunno what too do wiht them.
Jonestly I'm startig to feel as thugjt dozing off at,y desk is the det course pof action, but then...... no nevermind, I need to han g in here,   

Edit: here, rather belatedly, is the save.
SAVE[/size]            
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 03:54:31 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Yeeet!
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 341