Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1156095 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

BURN IT
BURN IT ALL
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile

And here we go again. If possible, could we get a pic of your booze count? You know, for posterity.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile

This fort hurts my soul. I need more of this soul-hurting.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Well... I don't think I got terribly far through the year, haha. Guess my binge-drinking skills are a li'l rusty. Also my Dwarf Fortress skills.   
I'll upload the save anyway, but whoever goes next should feel free to start their own game if they'd rather. I just want to get this trainwreck rolling again!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile

A starting map usually doesn't get much accomplished, especially in Drunk Fortress. I vote the next overseer use your map.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Thanks for your kind words! It was a pretty extreme case though, haha. I think I only made it to the second or third migrant wave... it certainly wasn't long after the caravan+liaison that I passed out.

Anyway, I finally remembered to upload and edit in the save! Hopefully I did it right, it's been a while.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile

Is soma (or dopamine) legal?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:31:53 pm by Craftsdwarf boi »
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile

Is soma (or dopamine) legal?

If I have a vote, It would be no. The buzz from being drunk on alcohol is different from a dopamine rush of any kind.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

I just realised, I'm getting kinda tipsy off all this Stone's Green Ginger Wine I've been swiggin' from me flask. Maybe if no-one else wants to do a turn tonight, I should go buy some backup booze and finish the year I made such a feeble attempt at playing?   

Edit: awright fellas, it's time to put right my earlier failture! I'm gon' finish my year and drf some of y'all in the process! Here;s a pic of my drinks:
Spoiler: booze stockpile (click to show/hide)

Aight, turning off my mental spellcheck and starting a new post...   
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 06:10:20 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Wooo! Let's do this!

...Aw shid. I was busy dorfing filks and thus happened...   

9.24pm: I created a very apty-named squad to try and deal with this problem

"Dabbling swimmer" uh-oh. THough considering the extent of his mauling I doubt this dude would hae much quality of life even if he didn manaage to swim outta there...   

9:48pm: okay... half of us were killed or crippled by the wererhino. Not a got start, I could have handled that better I wll admit.
Mostly by having quipped us with at least some rudimentary weapons before. now... still, nah, too drunk for that shit!

Imic bravely gave chase to the werejerk once it transforemed, but was unable to catch it   

17th Danstone, 250
"Trust me bro, its all g, everything's gonna be fine"

9:59pm:

I feel like I better hurry aip and polish of this beer, I have not been having enough difficulty typing...   

10:06pm: just realised I accidently dorfed someof y'all as our resident "moster ung hungters". Well WHERE TF WERE YOU WHEN WE HAD AN ACTUAL MONSTER RAMPAGING THROUGH THE PLACE??!?!/   
Seesh. If you weren't dorged I'd dump you in a pt pit or send you to investigate the vcaverns or some shit  ffs

10:13 pm, 4th %Timber: emind me to put Aussie WInter's fishing labour back on later, he's one of our obly able bodied forfs left so I turned him onto doing medical shiz instead for the time being.   

10:19, 8th Timber: OH, SHIT

I didnt expect this to happen so soon! Actually I honestly kinda ahand't even thought of it.... maybe 'cause I'm drunk, but yknow.
I think the forst *forrt might be about to die for reals, sorry guys.

Gonna o pour one out for the infected... haha nah fuck that I'm gonna pour it into me instead   

10:26pm
I think Wrex might be our only hope right now... this thing /these things have been crushing skulls lieft and right in their fuggen jaws
although one of them tore another apart at least, when they both turned next to each other in the makeshift ohospietal, haha

Not sure why they using a pikc but I sure ain't gon complain
(I just ppped open another beer btw)

10:33, 10th timber: ugh, the few folks we have left in the mi makeshift military are busy gettin' dolled up putting on ants and caps to finish off this mfkmn wererhino... including Queen Cog, who's the only one w/ a proper weapon as far as I can see
at least the wererhino outpost liasion is't fukken shit up. Maybe a glitch ut he just seems t be standing where he was by the wagon...

Is there any way to tell your "monster slayers" to agcutually slay the friggin' monsters!? Or do the lazy bastards only fo that in caverns????   

10:39pm, 10th Tmber: okay, so it would appaear one of these monsters has turned back into dwarvern form and expects to just assimilate back into the colony like othing happened.. what do? I'm thinking maybe send this creep off on a one-dwarf mission to raid sites or som summat??
Not too experiences with this sorta thing tbh.//   

10:44, 10th Timber: Ummmmm okay I'm a li'l confused. Immediately after my lassst post I realised people were still intererupting one another.
Then the expedition leader (the were-rhino who illed all dem folks) was found dead, his head punched in a by a wrestler... o now the future Queen Cog is laying into the killer with her axe. Wtf. Bois, I think we might be havin' us a god good ol' fashoioned loyalty cascade!   

10:48 , 11th Timber:
Spoiler: It's for the best. (click to show/hide)

10:52: savin tha game now. Also I need to pee. And drik more. And maybe heat up the rest of these chips....

10:59: refilled my ask, chucked on some music (some hrrible band called Faecal Putrefaction)and am about to unpause   

11:10pm: Never mind, that band was shit. Puttng on something else.
or More importantly:
Spoiler: Uhhhhhhh... (click to show/hide)

11:23: okay, I was gonn send Naryar away on a raid )after he killed almost everyone), but Cog decided to step in and do some vilgilante shit..... now they are locked in mortal combbat and I am just hping NArar doesn't ru turn again before he can be finished off D:   

11:32, 21st Moonstone: okay, Naryar is dead. I am unsure as to the extendt of our remaining dwarf's injuries. SHe's a tough 'un, though. I havem't dorfed anyone as her' cause I feel like everyone would fight over her, y'knw??? I just wish she'd used her axe instead of slowly beatening the were-rhino to death....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

11:41, 27th Moosntone: had Cog kill the outpost liasion, she can't be too badly hurt 'case she made short work of the cunt

JHopefully we cget some new migrants soon s's I can dorf y'all again :-[   

11:44 pm:
"I need to watch my figure!"

Note sure why I titled Cog as the "future queen" to begin with, but I reckon she''.s certainly earned the titled *title now after killong so many derps and saving the day.

11:51: brb, gonna go heat uip some cold chips and make a sandwich. ocmputer just froze up a lil so I'mma save the game, too.   

12:18 back. Also I hink our last dwarf may be a paraplegic... gotta love how east it is to become permanently cripppled in this game. ::)
Somet things never change.   

12:49, 16th Grantie: gosh, watching a lone crippled dwarf try to buld things is certainly a slog.
Hpefully we get some migrant sooon. Poor Cog, she doesn't deserve to be a paraplegic. ( :(   

12:54, 17th Granite: Oh, okay. Great.   

1:00am, 24th granite: I don't think I can sort out Cog's mental state AND y''know bury all these durn ghosts befrore tey fuck things up. What do?   
Wait a minute. PSring has arrivesd! Does that mean the year is over, or what? :o   

1:03am
*googles*
Oh, shit, okay. So I kiiiin da overshot my ear a *YEAR a little. What do? Hand this pitifulmesss over to the next person or try an finish another tear? YEAR
I still ave a bottle o' Stones and like, three beers left...   

Well, I gess Ill continue until someons tellsme otherwise.
1:27, 24th Granite: wow, even considering the guest as and monster hunteres etc, we are massively outnumbered by the v cavern people.Tieks. *ykes* YIKES, damnit   

1:30am, 25th granite: UGH I really dunno, is it better to bury your current c ghosts or bury other dead dolks in the hopes that no violent dsmember-y ghosts pop up??? I DON'T KW   

2:27am: alright, uploading my save now since I overshot my year. Blame this guy/gal:
Hand it over to the next poor sod. You've finished the year, so according to rule 6, you get to "instate one rule to be followed by future overseers of the same fort".

Also, you've overshot your year slightly. I won't hold it against you, but for future overseers:

Here is tha save. Hope y'all enjoy, sorry for getting everyone killed. Feelsbadman. :(   
Feel freee to go back to the last save If ya'd rather.   
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 11:29:18 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, my new rule is... uhhh... give your turn a snappy title when you put it on DFFD! I called mine The New Be-GIN-ing, despite not having any gin (it was just the first thing that sprang to mind).
Or don't, if you don't feel like it. Maybe just take a shot instead if you still have any booze remaining. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what version is the fort on currently? and does an LNP exist for it? im hopeless with vanilla (take a look back to the furst turn i ever took at this, i messed up my game files big time).

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile

what version is the fort on currently? and does an LNP exist for it? im hopeless with vanilla (take a look back to the furst turn i ever took at this, i messed up my game files big time).

The most recent fort is on 0.44.12, with ASCII graphics. There's PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack (for Windows) and LinuxLNP (for Linux). Both of these are updated to 0.44.12.

For Mac, unfortunately, there's no easy, all-in-one LNP that's up to date. There's this guide on Reddit to update the Lazy Mac Pack to 0.44.12. Do it at your own risk.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

No! I cannot abide this thread being allowed to slip to the second page!
Quick, somebody get in here and start drinking!!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 341