Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: What is YOUR most wanted feature?  (Read 12252 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
What is YOUR most wanted feature?
« on: September 08, 2012, 02:39:10 pm »

(anyone remembers me? no? f***)

While we wait another ninety years until we reach 0.4.0, what is the feature you always wanted to see in the world of lil' drunken beardmen?

Because, well, I am genuinely (and patiently) waiting for Counties - ability to build your own civilization outside your original embark zone, and therefore, making whole new civ (and actively shaping the world in Fortress mode).

I know I will wait a long time for that one, but...
It's not like I'm going anywhere.

What about you?

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is YOUR most wanted feature?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 02:46:14 pm »

A working economy.  Although the old one was hilariously broken in 40d, it added late game challenge.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 03:09:58 pm »

economy and attacking other sites with YOUR army in fortress mode .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 03:11:52 pm »

It's estimated to take 30 years to get to 1.0.01.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 03:17:28 pm »

I'd say active world history progression and interaction in fortress mode mostly (which hopefully is relatively soon to come), as well as finishing and improving base gae features such as mining, farming, construction etc. Oh, and improved sieges in all its glory ofc! ^^

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 04:23:17 pm »

Well, quite a few things actually :

World Gen related

*Being able to place starting locations for the different civilizations.
*Get civilizations to not expand too close to each other (and even more so when humans expands).
*Possibility to edit parts of the world that has been generated right before game starts working on civs.
*Possibility to export fortresses to a new world gen (the world gen makes place for the old fortress when generating the world, orientation of the fortress might change like from N to W or S )

Fortress mode related
*Being able to make roads over larger locations linking to other towns. Might need soldiers , caravans and supplies.
*Underground tunnels connecting towns (player made).
*Being able to use larger embark sizes without crashing and at better performance.
*Temples and priests! Priests should be able to hold sermons,arrange marriages , divorces , rituals for newborn babies , funerals , handle / turn / destroy undead (Vampires , ghosts ) and be able to perform miracles from time to time such as : Ressurection , regrowth of lost limbs , holy blessings upon weapons / armors. Some minor healing would also help but should not directly interfere with medics unless the priest /priests are very powerfull. It could even be limited to certain races (elves / humans) or healing of magic related diseases only (curses and such).

Adventure mode related
*Being able to know which direction an enemy is facing. (Usefull for stealth).
*Different types of armors should affect your ability to sneak and swim. Full plate in water and you better wish you can breath underwater (should be toggable in menu).
*Being able to do anything you can do in fortress mode in adventure mode so you can actually build something if you want to.

A lot of these things have been planned, others probably not. I really hope some of this stuff gets inn after a while.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 04:54:59 pm »

Better sieges and more realistic traps.

Sieges just aren't a threat at the moment, unless you handicap yourself, with traps being over-powered and the goblin AI having all the sense of self preservation of a manic depressive lemming.

I almost feel sorry for the way they just run into the meat-grinder that is my front entrance.

Oh, and taverns.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 05:02:09 pm »

Better sieges and more realistic traps.

Sieges just aren't a threat at the moment, unless you handicap yourself, with traps being over-powered and the goblin AI having all the sense of self preservation of a manic depressive lemming.

I almost feel sorry for the way they just run into the meat-grinder that is my front entrance.

Oh, and taverns.

I do think in the Army Arc, siegers will bring siege weapons so you can't build an invincible fortress by making a complete wall, with one entryway full of traps. That'll be fun.

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 05:16:20 pm »

Built in mouse interface.  It's safe to say this is a long way off.

Oh, and a magic system, at least weapons with magic runes or something.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:14:41 pm by tootboot »

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 05:24:20 pm »

Sentient AI.

edit: okay seriously just mod support for the procedural generator which is something that'll happen eventually. That and more tags for syndromes and interactions, especially ones that let you simply add templates or body parts to creatures rather than change them outright to a specific creature.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 06:41:54 pm »

I want inns and taverns the most
and fairs, and also I want elves and humans in my forts (For !!SCEINCE!!)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 07:14:14 pm »

-Coding support for manufacturing creatures from workshops.
-Coding support for explosives (or at least cannons)
-Mobile siege engines, even if they can only face four directions, it'll feel like Battle City. (yeah no one remembers this game)
-Tunics for the redshirts.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:15:57 pm by GuardianTempest »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 07:19:32 pm »

More modding capability.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Waparius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 09:32:43 pm »

Improving the depth/difficulty of farming and trade, to the point that sieges mean something even if you can just raise the drawbridge. I like the idea that if your fort can support itself through a siege, it's because you put a lot of work into your farms and built your fort in the right place.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 12:52:41 am »

Okay, a few.
Taverns. I can't stand how everyone who isn't a mindless animal wants my stuff or to kill me. Adventurers should show up here and barter and stuff.
Retire the fort. Lets admit it, When FPS dies, it would be a hell of a lot of incentive to not gen a new world.
The world. Your fort somehow becomes the center of the entire universe. This shouldn't happen till you make a nightmarish hellscape.
Respect for my nighmarish hellscape. I want diplomats cowering in fear and people sending tributes to kep us fro coming.
Sieges to make more of a effort, but be rarer and therfore more serious. So maybe a large ambush, but no sieges to a fort until it gets very significant, but then, its all out time baby.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9