Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: What is YOUR most wanted feature?  (Read 12260 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: What is YOUR most wanted feature?
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2012, 02:04:10 pm »

But Necromancers dont migrate to Forts though. They go make their own forts, with black jack and zombies. Thats just asking for Necromancers to behave overly different.

But it'd be cool if you could uncover tombs and bring them back to the fort.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2012, 05:28:46 pm »

But Necromancers dont migrate to Forts though. They go make their own forts, with black jack and zombies hookers!
In fact, forget, forget the forts! And the blackjack! Awww, screw the whole thing.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2012, 09:49:52 pm »

I'd like to see a few military changes.

First of all, squad formations. Line your troops up in a row with spears leveled at the enemy, giving them a free attack with a damage bonus should the enemy charge.

Second, squad based combat. If two or more dwarves are fighting together, they try to support eachother. For example, a a dwarf with a sword engages the enemy up close while the pikeman jabs from behind for cheap shots.

Third, better charges. Charging at someone with a spear allows you to add your own momentum and weight, including armor, to the thrust.

And finally, weapon changing in combat. I'd love to be able to equip a squad with spears for long range, supporting combat or for dealing with FB's, but having them switch to their sword if their spear is not right for the situation. Also, I'd make an elite squad of dwarves trained to legendary in bows and two handed swords. Pepper the enemy from afar, then shoulder the bows and charge with the swords.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2012, 10:29:43 pm »

Urist McMason cancels remove floor: Standing on top of it.

etc. etc.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2012, 03:36:40 am »

Schisms. I want my fort to erupt into conflict if I don't manage it right. I want religions to fight against each other. Political factions, families, everything. I want to be able to make a fort during a dwarves civil war and fan the conflict and affect its outcome.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]