Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: What is YOUR most wanted feature?  (Read 12237 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is YOUR most wanted feature?
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 04:56:33 pm »

Random generation of everything has already been mentioned.
Also I'd really like to get other planes so I could flood multiverse with magma.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 06:18:40 pm »

More moddable interface, in-built capability for sound effects and mouse support.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 12:26:26 pm »

More super natural abilities in Adventure mode druids ect without mods  :'( same witj surrendering when being ambushed even though its planned

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 12:41:58 pm »

My most wanted feature is the ability to leave fortresses without all your dwarves running to the freaking hills. I like the idea of being able to run more then one fort on a map at once, and as is its impossible because any time you stop playing one fort it autokills it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Furohman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 04:21:55 pm »

The ability to resume worldgen. Retiring an adventurer, or simply a survivor from an overrun/abandoned fort and then being able to advance time a couple of hundred years maybe and seeing what became of them. (Checked and it's on the suggestion voting list, not a whole lot of votes but hey...)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:51:15 pm by Furohman »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 04:23:43 pm »

The ability to resume worldgen. Retiring an adventurer, or simply a survivor from an overrun/abandoned fort and then being able to advance time a couple of hundred years maybe and seeing what became of them.
This with 'permanent' forts
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 05:32:18 pm »

Improved regions with implementation of spheres.
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 10:09:52 pm »

Coffee, dwarves sleep too damn much.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

atrus6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 12:35:07 pm »

I really want siege enemies to have the ability to dig.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 01:09:18 pm »

Continental movement in world gen.

Now for serious, I'd like 3d veins, and some more world integretation to fortress. As well as maybe some more dangerous nature phenomena. Dangerous storms, lightning strikes, Earthquakes, volcanos.

Oh, and realistic Aquifers.

DNK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 07:08:14 am »

1. Enemies that can actually do something against things like walls and moats. Impenetrable fortresses are lame, but hard to resist. Similarly, better AI that aren't lemmings.

2. Ability to start a fort and leave it to the AI.

3. Harder farming.

4. More realistic geology.

5. embark filter for iron ores and coal deposits (or any specific mineral/rock/feature).

6. Additional interior decoration, including lighting (and perhaps a graphical lighting effect - unlit areas are near-black - this way underground doesn't look brighter than above-ground).

7. Traders having an actual use. I guess this would require a revival of the economy.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 11:30:00 pm »

Excluding bug fixes, my most wanted feature is a redesign of the interface.

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 01:00:08 am »

All I want at the moment is the ability to preview an area before you embark. I don't like starting a new fortress because I know that I'll have to embark, close DF and repeat 5-10 times before I find a good spot. I usually end up settling for a location that is just "okay" rather than ideal or visually interesting. A preview option would eliminate this issue.

Edit : I'd also like to see an option to dynamically resize the local fortress area after embarking or at any point during play.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 03:43:38 am by mikefictiti0us »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 01:49:40 am »

The utter destruction of FPS death as a significant problem.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

DNK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 04:32:53 am »

All I want at the moment is the ability to preview an area before you embark. I don't like starting a new fortress because I know that I'll have to embark, close DF and repeat 5-10 times before I find a good spot. I usually end up settling for a location that is just "okay" rather than ideal or visually interesting. A preview option would eliminate this issue.

Oh, and I'd also like to see an option to dynamically resize the local fortress area after embarking or at any point during play.
Isoworld really helps prevent this in terms of finding the right terrain (export maps from legends mode and it reconstructs them in, well, iso format as a map you can look around just to see terrain, biomes, rain, features, etc).

DF Hack for finding someplace with decent minerals or other resources ("prospect all" on embark screen).

The tools already exist (unless I'm missing something you want other than correct terrain/minerals).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9