Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Child Seduction Bug  (Read 1762 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Child Seduction Bug
« on: September 08, 2012, 05:05:16 pm »

I know children aren't supposed to be able to seduce, but I found this bug where if you turn a dog liberal, children can flirt with them.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Child Seduction Bug
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 06:13:30 pm »

Dogs? That's a weird bug. Priests, I would understand, but dogs...?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 06:23:20 pm »

I know children aren't supposed to be able to seduce, but I found this bug where if you turn a dog liberal, children can flirt with them.

Successfully, or does it offend the dog? It's a bug either way, but it's double buggy if it actually works, unless animal rights is L+.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 06:35:55 pm »

It wont work, when you try the dog says something like "What!? Ew, Im a dog!" Or something.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 11:44:11 am »

It's probably because the dogs are always really young. Children can seduce other children, right?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 12:27:37 pm »

No, children can't seduce at all.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 12:43:18 pm »

It's probably because the dogs are always really young. Children can seduce other children, right?

This was my hunch as well; LCS uses a pretty standard three-tier age of consent structure. Nobody under 11 years old can be targeted by or make a pickup line attempt. 11-15 year olds can only make or target pickup lines if they're both within 5 years of one another. 16+ is open season if both are in that range.

However, after reviewing the code, the real reason is that the age restrictions are entirely bypassed when either person is a dog, tank, or genetic monster. This is normally correct behavior (since it uses other restrictions, like humorous rejections), but it is not working as intended if it's allowing children to drop pickup lines.

Edit: The title of this thread creeps me out, since it sounds like a bug with seducing children. The content is pretty reasonable though, since the bug is that a kid can drop a pickup line at all, and even then it's guaranteed to be rejected. For all the LCS is free love, I've made efforts to keep the seduction mechanic from being used in ways that are creepy and dark.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:00:42 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 11:05:45 pm »

For all the LCS is free love, I've made efforts to keep the seduction mechanic from being used in ways that are creepy and dark.

And we appreciate that immensely.