Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 39671 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 0 [Preperation]
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 12:51:07 pm »

I'll just use a normal, one-handed crossbow. Kinda confusing, though. Aren't all crossbows two-handed? I mean, you can't reload it with just one hand...

SHHH, diablo 3 DH defies this logic and so do i.

Well, alright, boss. 'S your game and all. My starting item is OK, right?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 06:57:42 pm »

Disregard the PM I sent you, Zero. I changed my weapon to a Book of Sparks instead.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:03:45 am by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 05:54:10 am »

Sorry for the delay.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 12:10:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What in the names of all the Gods of Olympus is a DOUBLE Bardiche? Don't you know how bloody heavy those things are just by being a SINGLE-bladed Bardiche?

Have fun swinging your ten-foot double-bladed monster-staff.

Be watchful of arrows somewhere near your back.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:18:26 pm by Caerwyn »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 12:16:35 pm »

Hello guys, i just did the following.
- Edited the remaining player data into the thread.
- Fixed some beauty errors.
- Fixed some stats resulting in a incorrect amount of points (35).
- Ironyowl, you didn't specify an skill. I Chose one for you but it is just for the lulz :P, you can change this skill to any skill you want. Also i modified your necklace to match its power, if you disagree with this then please discuss with me how we can change it.
- Ironyowl, like Caerwyn said. Can you please post me a picture of this double Bardiche? If you however mean 2 Bardiche's then i cannot allow you to have it simply due to the weight and size of those things. You can have one smaller bardiche which is fit for your character's size or you can simply switch your weapon to a smaller scythe or something else.
-Caerwyn, you also didn't specify an skill. From your small lore i chose acrobatics, as it seems quite logical for a swift gnome. Like Ironyowl, if you disagree with this choice please specify the skill you want.

Also maybe a question that ranged weapon users have.
You do not have to say that you want to reload your weapon, i will do it automatically unless you are out of bolts,arrows, powder or anything else that your weapon uses. If this is indeed the case i will switch to your side-arm if you have any or simply stay with the weapon you have now. If you however have more than one type of bolt, like regular bolt and poison bolt. You have to write that you want to use the poison bolts for 1 shot/2 shots/ till you run out of that type of ammo, etc.

P.S If those things are solved quickly we can start the RTD!!!
P.S.S Ironyowl you can also get a chain whip to increase the masochism.  :P
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:30:39 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 12:19:56 pm »

Oh, that's really good. Can my skill be "Marksmanship"? To improve my Crossbow skills.

Plus, what kind of 14 year old fapfic fetish-fuel demon-girl uses two giant bardiche's?

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 12:25:07 pm »

Oh, that's really good. Can my skill be "Marksmanship"? To improve my Crossbow skills.

Plus, what kind of 14 year old fapfic fetish-fuel demon-girl uses two giant bardiche's?

I don't mind all but the 2 gaint bardiches :P
Durrr..

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 12:27:25 pm »

Well, it works then! Can't wait for the first turn.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 12:36:54 pm »

So, I'm assuming my character is all good?

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 12:45:56 pm »

So, I'm assuming my character is all good?

Depends, if you want to keep the skill comedian or not :). Same thing as Ironyowl if you dislike it.
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 12:55:29 pm »

That skill could come in handy in several situations! I'm keeping it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 01:13:05 pm »

I thought the stats started at 1 and you had 30 points to distribute, wouldn't it make the final total 35? >.>

Oh wait, this question was already answered. Hurr durr me. :P
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:24:00 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 01:41:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:36:56 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 02:54:42 pm »

- Ironyowl, you didn't specify an skill. I Chose one for you but it is just for the lulz :P, you can change this skill to any skill you want. Also i modified your necklace to match its power, if you disagree with this then please discuss with me how we can change it.
Hm...

...the longer I look at that skill the less it looks like a joke. ??? I could totally be a pain mage! Sure it wouldn't be as useful as straight weapon skill, but that's boring! :P

Seriously though, I think I'll go with Intimidation. Potentially useful, but not quite as boring and obvious as +1 to hitting things with whatever variety of stick I end up with.

The necklace is fine, assuming you're okay with the pain of tracking it (or have a way for me to do that).

- Ironyowl, like Caerwyn said. Can you please post me a picture of this double Bardiche? If you however mean 2 Bardiche's then i cannot allow you to have it simply due to the weight and size of those things. You can have one smaller bardiche which is fit for your character's size or you can simply switch your weapon to a smaller scythe or something else.

I mean a bardiche with a head on each end. If that's too much, a staff will do.

And I did consider a whip, but figured a staff weapon fit better. She is half monk and half caster, after all.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 04:01:11 pm »

Hm...

...the longer I look at that skill the less it looks like a joke. ??? I could totally be a pain mage! Sure it wouldn't be as useful as straight weapon skill, but that's boring! :P

Seriously though, I think I'll go with Intimidation. Potentially useful, but not quite as boring and obvious as +1 to hitting things with whatever variety of stick I end up with.

The necklace is fine, assuming you're okay with the pain of tracking it (or have a way for me to do that).

I mean a bardiche with a head on each end. If that's too much, a staff will do.

And I did consider a whip, but figured a staff weapon fit better. She is half monk and half caster, after all.
'

The whip was for fun but i think you mean something like this but with a longer shaft and bardiche blades If that is indeed what you had in mind then it's no problem, but it won't be a regular sized one as those still are too big for you to carry.
Also edited the skill.
Durrr..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15