Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 39659 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 15:[Shadows of the Sands]{Accepting 2 new players!}
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2014, 02:17:17 pm »

((Before I post an action, what is Spark of Life? The Book or an actual Spell?))

((The book, edited for clarity))
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 15:[Shadows of the Sands]{Accepting 2 new players!}
« Reply #211 on: February 25, 2014, 02:47:27 pm »

Arnok, seeing as the two Kitsune seem to know what they're doing, follows behind, killing the occasional bug or bird with that spark skill of his. If there just aren't any, begin reading the Spark of Life aloud to Lily while walking. It's a good way to memorize the important stuff.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2014, 10:56:39 pm »

Leap from tree to tree towards the estimated location of the hive.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump (Come on guys i need actions to crank out turns! and no takers for the 2 other spots?))

Durrr..

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Oh whoops, I thought I'd posted already.))

Try to keep up with Tatsuo on the ground.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

With a melodramatic sigh, Tyrion stays with the caravan, awaiting the sandstorm's end.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Bump (Come on guys i need actions to crank out turns! and no takers for the 2 other spots?))
((Pardon my absence, RL is going bad here! :)) ))

Theri had chosen to not reply to that singular question, instead excusing herself-which she hoped in a subtle way-as she went past several lower-plants and 'scouted ahead' so to speak. As Tatsuo was climbing up, she wondered and introspected.

Was he the different one, or she?

Concentrate on the sounds and their sources; keep aware of my surroundings and focus on the senses-smell, hearing and sight-to discern any danger in my environment as well as any sign of our goal.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back to index

Turn 16: Need for speed:treetops

Before you continue.

1. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.

2. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve.

3. Good news? Since unfortunately Caerwyn and Kilakan both failed to provide me an action for the next turn, means…. There are potential spots for grabs! Head over to the discussion thread, fill in the character sheet as best as you can and then i will make a selection based on what you have written.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Odursel

Nothing is happening.

Turima Desert

Locked in combat.

1. Player Actions

Vacant ()
(-)
You gained nothing

Spinal_Taper (Tyrion Answeller)
() LOCKED IN COMBAT.
You gained nothing!

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)
Arnok, seeing as the two Kitsune seem to know what they're doing, follows behind, killing the occasional bug or bird with that spark skill of his. If there just aren't any, begin reading the Spark of Life aloud to Lily while walking. It's a good way to memorize the important stuff.
(-) You walk with Aria, as she is the only one not running or speeding after Tatsuo. You open the book and flip to some random page.

"Chapter 14: Giving shape to lightning."
Wait... In the first chapter it says that you cannot give shape to lightning magic, only redirect.

"Can you give shape to lightning using only lightning? The answer is still no. It was only when i studied with an astronomy mage that i found the way to give shape to lightning.

In the first chapter i mentioned that you can contain thunder only in an object, this requires you to have the said object with you. This is not only a burden but also limits your possibilities in using thunder as an varied weapon or tool.

The only way to shape lightning is using a lesser-form of astro-magic designed by me and probably known as shape magic. This is where it gets a little bit tricky. You basically LIMIT the space the magic may use and contain it within that space, this increases it volatility but power as well.

That is how powerful mages don't destroy entire towns when they use magic. In space, also known as everything around you, you can designate everything in lenght,width,height and time. We will call this X,Y,Z,T. So to give shape you need to designite the X,Y,Z,T of a shape and use raw mana to create the shape. If you use any other mana, then you will use the traits that you know of the element and thus corrupt the shape.

but-"

You get interrupted by Theri and partially by Lily as they give you a heads up that you shouldn't doze off in your book as trouble may be ahead.
You gained nothing

Vacant ()
(-)
You gained nothing

Ironyowl (Silk)
Try to keep up with Tatsuo on the ground.
(-) Tatsuo starts moving from tree to tree, at first you can keep up with him by running. Ever so slowly he increases his speed until he dissapears from your sight, you still sprint from a minute but it's not enough.

He's fast, but that won't stop me.
You gained nothing

Caellath(Tatsuo)
Leap from tree to tree towards the estimated location of the hive.
(-) You jump from tree to tree to the assumed location of the hive, each increasing jump you travel faster until.. [AGI req (6) < (10): Reached!] a tree branch snaps! You lose grip for a second but quickly use the tree to propel yourself forward to another tree and grab the nearest branch to swing yourself into the air. You perfectly land on the branch.

Your years of experience jumping the blossoms made you kinda accustomed to this, but you had your fair share of bruises in the past.

The rest couldn't catch up with you, so you decide to wait. The hive is mere minutes away from your current location, so grouping up and discussing a plan could prove useful.

You gained nothing

Tiruin(Theri Aria )
Theri had chosen to not reply to that singular question, instead excusing herself-which she hoped in a subtle way-as she went past several lower-plants and 'scouted ahead' so to speak. As Tatsuo was climbing up, she wondered and introspected.

Was he the different one, or she?

Concentrate on the sounds and their sources; keep aware of my surroundings and focus on the senses-smell, hearing and sight-to discern any danger in my environment as well as any sign of our goal.
(7! Regular success!) "Was he the different one, or she?" you think. You are a bit unsure as you have never met a fox folk in your past. You have learned that most of them live on an island in excluded from the other races and know some of their beliefs, besides that they seem as a very mysterious race

Tatsuo seems to have gone gone ahead. You use all of your senses to spot anything hostile.
You see some crows rapidly flying away west of where Tatsuo went. Sudden things are usually a bad sign, you ought to catch-up with Tatsuo. Fast.
You gained nothing!

2. Player Data

Quote from: Vacant ()
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Killboard (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Spinal Taper (Tyrion Answeller)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Vacant ()

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

Quote from:   Tiruin (Theri Aria)

3.Graveyard

1.Caerwyn
2.Kilakan

4.Notes

- I fixed a couple of typo’s
- Adjusted the duration of Theri;s orb to 2 turns
- Adjusted the description of Theri’s spell: Shining Arrow. By adding the effect that she  is not blinded by it unlike the rest.
- I’m designing a graveyard for deceased PC’s.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:15:30 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

Waitlist please
Name:Mark JourneySong

Races:
  • Orc
    Stats:
    Str10 
    Agi5
    Cha 5
    Tgh7
    Int4
    Per3

Characteristics: Mark is a big ork rarely with out a smile or his guitar he has some scars on his upper body mainly from small animals(compared to dragons and other big things)from walking roads alone and well toned legs from his traveling through out the world

1 Weapon:Battle Axethis axe has tribal markings carved into it same as Marks guitar that remind him of his home where this axe was made by Mark. This axe is of high quality and has served Mark well through out his travels

1 Personal item:Marks Guitar This guitar has served Mark well on his travels as a bard. This guitar has tribal markings that Mark carved into it reminding him of his home

Chosen your affinity:Strength affinity
    Small bio :Mark was raised in a small ork tribe where his family still resides. During that time he was the most avide watcher of bards and story tellers that came through his tribe lands. The story's of his races history and legends of the outside world all interested him. Later in his life he became a metal smiths apprentice but never forgot the stories of his youth so when a injured bard was dragged into the camp he used his spare time talking to him and learned how to play the guitar as well as what it takes to be a bard. Mark decided to take up the mantel of a Bard to persevere the past's legends and history though song and stories. Taking his money as well as a new last name as was his tribes custom and working with his master to make an axe to protect himself Mark set out for a nearby large tribe and bought a guitar.

Since then Mark traveled the world seeing much and learning of history and songs to sing to anyone who would listen earning a living preforming in taverns and inns.

Eventually Mark came to a town as a seeker was looking for Soul affinity in the same town. Noticing Mark he asked him to join the monster hunters. Mark agreed thinking of the legends he could help make and songs he could make about it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:41:30 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

on GM request music Mark knows non full list
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrPIwm1V4qc&list=FLtyqJ41SPX4TcSZBymBmfCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbxMwvdLa9Q

this is a small sample he is far traveled bard
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tatsuo whistles softly in an attempt to reproduce a music from his homeland while he waits for the others to arrive, eyes and ears occasionally moving to make sure nothing apart from his companions is approaching.

Wait and stay alert.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Silk grit her teeth. He couldn't outrun her forever...

Try to develop some sort of short-ranged shadow dash to help catch up a little quicker.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Arnok decides to put the book away for now. He's had that red potion with him for a while...

Hm....

He takes the potion out and drips a bit on the end of his finger. Let's see what it does. Oh yeah, and keep walking with the others.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((SORRY DX))

Catch up to the foxman, and hastily remember any sign or sight of our goal! The nest must be nearby--Theri is sure of it!

Listen for any other sounds than my footfalls.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]