Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 39677 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 0 [Preperation]
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 07:35:33 pm »

No, I mean like-

Wait, what the hell? Somebody actually made one. More or less that. Though, if an extra head alone makes it too big perhaps a long staff would work better.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 09:30:02 pm »

How the heck would that be useful in a fight? You're more likely to chop your limbs off than anything else.

That's why spears/maces/crossbows are the superior weapons in medieval warfare.

Not going to remove anything, but sorry if it sounds like I'm being insulting. I have a bloody hard time conveying emotions through text...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:04:41 pm by Caerwyn »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:32 pm »

(( Uhm actually the main reason they were the most common weapons was because they required the least skill and training to use.
A mace requires no aim you can hit the armor dead on and brake bones.
Crossbows require very little practice to learn to be a decent shot with.
Spear's are a massed infantry force weapon where all you have to do is point it at the enemy and stay in formation.

They wernt the most effective they were just the easiest to train a large number of men to use in a short time.

Im going back to my corner now have fun people. ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 01:03:18 am »

How the heck would that be useful in a fight? You're more likely to chop your limbs off than anything else.

That's why spears/maces/crossbows are the superior weapons in medieval warfare.

Not going to remove anything, but sorry if it sounds like I'm being insulting. I have a bloody hard time conveying emotions through text...
Psh, who cares how historically effective it was? We're fantasy heroes, not historically accurate peasants. Next you'll be insisting I wear armor. :P

Plus, mostly what mesor said. Easy to produce and shove into a peasant conscript's hands doesn't necessarily mean best on a personal level.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 05:02:04 am »

Name: Alastair Alcott
Race: Human

Stats:
Str: 3
Agi: 6
Cha: 7
Tough: 4
Int: 10

Characteristics:

Weapon: Flintlock Pistol

Personal item: Hidden Dagger?

Affinity: Charisma

Bio:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How's that?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:38:24 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 10:54:44 am »

Hello guys i just did the following
1. Finishing touches
2. Discussing with Ironyowl about his weapon.
3. Created new Monster Hunter RTD discussion thread, in this thread you will post your questions,remarks etc. so that this thread won;t get cluttered. Also i will be writing up the Lore of the world and the Monster-o-pedia as your adventure progresses and you read new books,scrolls, ask people etc.!
4. Working on first turn!
Durrr..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 12:24:51 pm »

((FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

This gets created and I miss it?! Caellath creates a Kitsune and I miss it?! [Knew you were gonna make one soon, bro.  :D]

CURSE YOU, REAL LIFE TRIVIALITIES!

WAITLIST! :I))
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:35:07 pm by Tiruin »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 1 [The journey begins]
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 05:23:33 pm »

Back to index

Turn 1: The journey begins.

The hunters have assembled and written their names in the tomes where they will be forever known as monster hunters. Quickly they start walking towards the quartermaster, which supposedly will hand out the equipment. The corridors are poorly lit with candles and walls are wet, you can hear some droplets dripping somewhere.

At the end of the corridor there is a large wooden door fortified with steel, it’s old …. Really old….. and dirty like the rest of the castle. However after opening the squeaking door, you find yourselves in a very large armoury. The size of this armoury made you realize how big the castle is, the room is also relatively clean compared to the rest. Looking around you see everything you can imagine maces, axes, swords and all kinds of armour in different colours and shapes. You hear some loud footsteps coming from around the corner; A large orc appears before you.

You all look closely at him. He has multipipe battle scars around his body, his muscles are gigantic and he is very intimidating. Upon looking closer you see that he doesn’t have a green tinted skin colour, in fact he has a light-greyish. This is barely visible though with this amount of light.

The orc looks at all of you, he looks with pride at some and sighs at some. “I am Gol’Du anrak als known as the quartermaster of the monster hunters. From this point onwards I am your boss until they tell me otherwise. I distribute weapons and armour to newcomers but I also sell it to people who are willing to pay the right price. These weapons and armours may not be the best quality out here, but when you’re fighting monsters then it doesn’t matter that much. No questions asked, step forward 1 by 1 to claim your gear and wait for further instructions.”

The orc also known as “Khan” steps forward. Gol’Du looks rather surprised but greets you warm-hearted: “Welcome brother, I see you have your own weapon. You don’t get to see many canon users nowadays, but that may be cause they keep blowing up!” He releases a small laughter but quickly gets to business.
“Here is your studded leather armour, its orc-size so it should fit you perfectly. Also you aren’t going to fire that thing without some of these powder bags unless you happen to know fire magic. ”
He puts the goodies in a bag and also grabs a red flask: “This will bring you back on your feet when you’re in trouble.” He gives you a pat on your back and says something honourfull in orc language.

Next he points to the girl also known as “Silk”.

“Missy, I have no idea what you are doing here but this isn’t the place for you. However I can’t disobey the laws of these lands without getting beheaded.” He looks at you, scratches his head and disappears into the armoury. After a minute or so he comes back with a small sized black leather tunic and black cloth hood. “This should fit you nicely.” And indeed it did, of course she also received a bag with some goodies and a red flask.

Next he points at the slick-gelled demon kin prankster also known as “Arnok Baralkin”

“So you see yourself as a ladies man of some sort? I don’t think you will fare that well against monster but who am I to say that?” He also looks at your eh…. Weapon : “Kid, are you really going to beat monsters with that? Even if you are a mage of some sort you need a trusty metal side-arm to do your job sometimes.” He looks around and gives you an iron dagger also he finds a brownish-red leather tunic which suits your cape, as well giving you the bag filled with goods.

Next he points at the ninja-like man also known as “Akabarashi Tatsuo”.
He walks a circle around you, inspecting you very closely : “I see… You’re a foxfolk. Pretty smart thinking about hiding your tail and ears, but you shouldn’t do that. Your ears are very sensitive so you can hear things very well, also your tail improves your balance for acrobatics and such. ” He finds an leather tunic matching the colours of the foxman’s clothing, it’s pretty lightweight so it doesn’t hinder your movement. Instead of giving you a regular bag he gives you an backpack, it isn’t very big. The orc looks at you and explains : “A regular bag would fly around your back, this should keep it more stable and not hinder you. Cause from your looks , you’re a very stealthy type.”

Next he points at the lizard man also known as “Dharma”.
The orc looks surprised: “We don’t get to see lizard people often outside the swamps, I must say I find your people fascinating in their own way.” You feel a bit honoured about the compliments. He takes a closer looks at your belongings: “I see you’re a wizard or an alchemist, ill add something for those purposes.” He gives you a leather tunic which matches your clothing’s colour as well giving you a bag with the usual things expect.. He adds a mortar and pestle and 2 empty flasks! He gives you a smile and says something friendly in lizard language.

Suddenly the orc grabs a parchment and looks slightly confused at the list of names: ”Weren’t there supposed to be 6 people?” Suddenly he gets a small kick against his right leg. He looks down and is rather surprised. “OH. A gnome. I’m sorry, it’s because of my and your height.”
The gnome is also known as “Gunmirius”.
The orc isn’t saying that much near the gnome, like usual he gives him a tunic, the bag and.. a lot of bolts. 10 regular bolts, 3 poisoned and an explosive one. “This should do the trick. Good luck little dude.”

He sighs : “You got your gear, tomorrow I shall give you your orders. We won’t be seeing each other a long time or maybe never again…”

Everyone makes their way to the sleeping chambers, the beds are quite luxurious with proper bed sheets. It’s also pleasantly warm in here, but quickly everyone goes to sleep.

You all wake up the next morning, you still have half a day to go before the debriefing.
What do?

1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
-
Received Studded leather armour, a map, food & drinks, 5 black powder bags, 3 Highly explosive powder bags and a flask with red liquid

Peglegpengeuin (Dharma)
-
Received leather tunic, mortar and pestle, 2 empty flasks, a map, food & drinks and a flask with red liquid,.

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)
-
Received leather tunic, Iron dagger , a map, food & drinks and a flask with red liquid.

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
-
Received leather tunic, 10 regular bolts, 3 poison bolts, 1 explosive bolt, a map, food & drinks and a flask with red liquid.

Ironyowl (Silk)
-
Received leather tunic, black cloth hood, a map, food & drinks and a flask with red liquid.

Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)
-
Received leather tunic, a map, food & drinks and a flask with red liquid

2. Player Data
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  peglegpengeuin (Dharma)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

3.Notes
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Take your time. Turns will be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:42:27 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 05:28:33 pm »

Hello guys, i just did the following.
-First turn wooo!
- I didn't finish everything in the first turn. By that i mean that i have to add item descriptions, bu I'm really tired so tomorrow.
- The map, i need your opinion on this. Please post it in the discussion thread.
I'm going to make a map for you guys! Yaay! However i cannot decide between 2 styles. These are tutorials of making those styles but that's what i'm going to make.
Style one really feels like an MAP, while style 2 illustrates the surroundings more.
-Any input on the first turn, what to do better, whats good etc. This is to help me so i can make this as enjoyable as possible. Please post it in the discussion thread.
-planning on adding some race lore soon. Suggestions for which races first? Please post it in the discussion thread.

Discussion thread link : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116292.0
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:30:39 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 10:56:43 pm »

Gunmirius will help..."Procure" items of value and use that will surely aid our friends in our times of need! By which I mean, steal everything that's valuable/useful, as long as it's not bolted down, or tied to a scary person.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:48:14 pm by Caerwyn »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 12:26:49 am »

yeah. To clear up any confusion, you still got half a day till the debriefing with the orc. So you can do different things than wait till that moment. Like visit the library! Kitchen! or something like that.
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 08:16:18 am »

Hey! I just had the most brilliant Idea!

Head for a Game Room, and by games, I mean Board Games. If there is one. Otherwise, go to the kitchen.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 12:05:43 pm »

Khan yawns and stretches as he leaves the sleeping area.  Scratching his head he sets off in search of the kitchen/dining area to have a nice filling breakfast as well as to potentially meet any of the other monster hunters not yet encountered.
"Studded mail and explosives!  You'd have thought it was my first-fight day... ah that was a good day just wish I'd kept the teeth I had lost then"  he sighs and continues walking away contentedly.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 01:04:35 pm »

Silk grinned to herself, thinking of the stupid orc from before. "Oh, you shouldn't be here, blaaaaaaaaaaah." Ha! She'd show him the might of a Witch of the Hungering Eye. Or they'd never meet again, whatever that meant. Rather scatterbrained, that one.

No matter. Now was training time.

Find an open space, practice with my naginata.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 01:13:53 pm »

Tatsuo started his day as he started most; after rolling from under the bed - since those were the first targets of potential assassins - the young man stretched and took a bath before wearing the miko clothing he kept hidden on his person. Even if made for females, he had been given the attire by some of the religious women from his clan who wanted him to follow the path of religion.

He made a few prayers and basic offerings to his clan's patron gods before taking off the clothing and putting his traditional stealth attire back on. Tatsuo wasn't very religious, but he was still committed to his family, and so he prayed for them in their behalf, never asking something for him.

As he dressed, he remembered the orc's advice. Tatsuo hid his fox features to avoid some problems. He did know his tail helped him in maneuvers and to keep his balance, as it did to most animals with tails. He also knew it was counter-productive to keep his ears folded and hidden, but he usually only showed them during combat or during the night, when he wasn't being watched. His family was one of secret traditions, and keeping their race hidden helped in their tasks. Even then...

He sighed and left both his ears and tail free. Maybe he could hide them at other time, but now it was time for morning practice. After neatly folding his miko clothing and hiding it on his person, he set out to train, eating a little of the rations he kept in his pouch.

Tatsuo moves to an open space/training area in the castle to practice with his Fuuma Shuriken.

As he looked for an appropriate place to train, he saw Silk and nodded silently to her.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15