Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 39661 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 1 [The journey begins]
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 02:29:26 pm »

Silk smirked at the foxboy's nod. Oh, so he was training also, eh? Maybe that'd make him a good rival, then.

A rival is like a chain, young one- acquire one, and you'll pull each other along striving for greatness. Find me the strongest power, and you'll discover a person, not a cause, that binds them...

Of course, that particular old hag was widely assumed to have been dumped by someone in ages past, but that didn't make that particular piece of advice any less valid.

With the foxboy in mind, she began redoubling her efforts, her solitary exercises taking on a more competitive feel to them, with occasional glances spared to check on his progress.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 03:20:29 pm »

After listening to the orc, Dharma took a good look at his new allies. Two demonkin, a gnome, a fox person, and an orc. "Great, I get to travel with a bunch of weirdos", Dharma thought to himself. "I'm not even sure if I'm safer with the demonkin around. I know nothing of the gnome or fox, but I think I might get along well with the orc. From what I've seen of Gol'Du, the orcs are a friendly and peaceful race. And assuming Gol'Du wasn't spewing nonsensical babble back there, they might even be multilingual and therefore well educated." Suddenly a bad thought entered Dharma's mind. "A third of us are demonkin. If they betrayed us at night they could easily take out the orc and fox while they slept. Then it would just be me and the gnome, versus two demonkin, stranded who-knows-where. One-on-one, there's no way I could take one of them on. Perhaps, if I had a god, I'd be praying for its protection right about now. Why did I ever agree to this!?" Dharma turned to the orc Gol'Du. "Do you have any boiled frog tongue? I kind of... need something to calm my nerves, and the only potion I know that does that requires boiled frog tongue. I... know most people don't keep frog tongue around. If you have anything... else that I could drink to calm my nerves, I think I might need it." In other words, ask the orc for something to calm my nerves. (note - Dharma has never drunk alcohol before, and likely couldn't identify many drinks as alcoholic by their names. Also note that an inebriated Dharma would probably join Arnok in the games room.)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:07:54 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 03:23:04 pm »

With the foxboy in mind, she began redoubling her efforts, her solitary exercises taking on a more competitive feel to them, with occasional glances spared to check on his progress.
As Tatsuo prepared to train, assuming his combat stance, positioned sideways, one arm in his front to deflect attacks and another resting at his back and holding the Fuuma Shuriken, he noticed the demonkin girl seemed to become more active. Her weapon was easily recognized as a naginata, a good weapon, especially for the ones dexterous enough to wield it with ease.

Although he had been taught to hate and suspect demons and monsters, the foxboy doubted that applied to demonkin. They had already been proved to be humans with different features than most, after all, and Silk didn't seem aggressive, if only at the moment. He decided to keep his guard up as he always did when near anyone but his clan members anyway. It was only the standard treatment, after all.

She did seem to be more energetic for some reason, though, which he ignored before focusing on his own training, swiping the air in front of him in quick motions with his fuuma shuriken in melee before throwing it in a short arc, leaping and catching it back in mid-air as it returned from its trip as a boomerang, repeating variations of the same move in order to enhance his accuracy.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 2 [A beer too much! ]
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2012, 08:46:27 am »

Back to index

Turn 2: A beer too much! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before you continue.
1. Please read your turn first then Gol'Du speech. (The italic part)
2. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.
3. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style,story or imagination and what I could improve. As I'm trying to improve my English writing skills, but as a non-native English speaker  I'm having some troubles sometimes.
4. FLUID TIME MECHANIC. This is an interesting concept I found somewhere on a role playing forum which fixes the travel time problem. In this RTD you will often travel around cities, lairs or other places. It will be extremely boring to write how you travel from point A to B. That is why I will introduce this mechanic. It works like this.

Imagine that you have to travel to a fisher village which is 2 turns away from your current location, so you start travelling and this is where the strange part kicks in. Imagine now that your character can be in 2 locations at once, Instance A is travelling, Instance B is in its previous location.

During the travel time you can control Instance B of your character which is the previous location (Village before you departed to the fisher village), to do a variety of things in that place. Like hunting, drinking, crafting, etc. This will fill the gap of empty travel time and earn you some skill points or items! HOWEVER!!

Once every 2-3 turns in the travel time I will roll an encounter-roll which follow these rules. This encounter roll will happen with Character instance A.
1. Very Bad encounter.
2. Bad encounter.
3. No encounter (Journey continues)
4. Normal encounter.
5. Good encounter.
6. Very good encounter.

5. If you have any questions, please ask them in the discussion thread!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gol’Du looks around and sees that the group has assembled, he however sighs at Dharma which passed out and is now asleep on a small pile of clothes. “I see all of you are well and rested. You will need this rest because today you will depart from Castle Volikmar to your designated locations. From those locations you are free to explore these lands, help people with their problems or come back here for some more missions. Before I tell where you will be going, I hope that you will all return in one piece.”

He takes a scroll from his small side bag and sits on a nearby chest. “Ok, let’s see where they will be sending you. Oh, you can go there with groups of 3 people. You will choose your groups soon.
We have 3 possible locations you can go.

Location one are the “Darkwoods of Ahjar” its very dark there and all kind of creatures of the night roam there. Quite a scary and horrifying location to go but rewards are nice there as the common folk often have problems.

Location two are the “Dragon storm mountains” its somewhere in the orc lands and is known for the small population of dragons which live there. It’s a very tough location but the resources you can find there are worth very much.

And finally we have the “Turima Deserts” a very deserted place and hostile to anyone expect the goblins and orcs who live there, but the ruins of deserted cities may hold invaluable treasures.”

Gol’Du looks around: “I believe I can let you make your own groups of three and choose the location you want to go to. Oh and don’t forget to take Dharma with you.”

Turn 2.5 Iniated! Make your groups, choose the location and write an action for turn 3!

1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
Khan yawns and stretches as he leaves the sleeping area.  Scratching his head he sets off in search of the kitchen/dining area to have a nice filling breakfast as well as to potentially meet any of the other monster hunters not yet encountered.
"Studded mail and explosives!  You'd have thought it was my first-fight day... ah that was a good day just wish I'd kept the teeth I had lost then"  he sighs and continues walking away contentedly.
How can a big and strong orc start a day without a good and filling breakfast?!? You ask the way around and find yourself in a massive bar, you walk up to one of the few barman’s. and ask : “Hey I was wondering if I could get a breakfast here. ” The barman says this in a laughing voice: “Of course my friend! I will bring you an breakfast which is fit for a big and strong orc like you! ”

He runs to the back and returns after 20 minutes with a large plate. You see many delicious things on the plate, eggs, 2 large steaks, freshly made bread, gravy poured on top of it and a big mug of house-made ale.

“Eat up my friend! It’d be a shame if this would go to waste!” You don’t hesitate, you grab a fork and start devouring the breakfast. After a while you finish your breakfast and your mug of ale. “Barman. Let me tell you one thing. I haven’t had such a good breakfast since I left my tribe.” The barman tap you on your shoulder “Thanks my friend! I hope you will return here soon!”

You slowly start walking towards the armoury to meet Gol’Du but that was one of the best breakfasts I ever had. In the armoury you see Gol’Du and the rest of the group ready for the debriefing.

Received well-fed effect! ( strength, agility and toughness actions receive a +1 to roll for 3 turns).

Peglegpengeuin (Dharma)
In other words, ask the orc for something to calm my nerves. (note - Dharma has never drunk alcohol before, and likely couldn't identify many drinks as alcoholic by their names. Also note that an inebriated Dharma would probably join Arnok in the games room.)
Being as nervous as you are, you think that it would be a good idea to ease yourself with some alcohol. You head towards Gol’Du and ask him if he has any alcohol, he however directs you to the bar area.

You walk towards the bar area and sit down one a well-made wooden stool. one of the barman’s walks up to you. You look at him with a worried and depressed look: “Barman, hit me with everything you got, I need to ease up.” The barman is rather surprised but nudges and says: “Sure mate.”
Quickly he brings a big mug of dwarf beer: “Drink up, this will help you.” (1) You drink mug after mug till you start getting dizzy and your surrounding slower also you can hardly walk straight now and it seems you will stay in this bar till you sober up. Luckily Arnok spots you as he’s leaving and decides to drag you along to the armory.

In the armoury he drops you on a small pile of clothes as you start rolling around in it saying how nice and soft it is before falling asleep.

(You can still dream though: P)

Received Sleep effect for 1 turn (next turn).

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)
Hey! I just had the most brilliant Idea!

Head for a Game Room, and by games, I mean Board Games. If there is one. Otherwise, go to the kitchen.

You ask around if there is any entertainment room in the castle and they point you to the kitchen, which is in fact a massive bar. You see lots of people drinking, singing and using the kitchen facilities which are stationed around the tables. Bit further in the room you see a small podium where people are performing different acts. You also see a few  tables with chess boards, card games and other games you have never seen before. You decide to take your chances with the card games. You join a group of humans, which have just started. “Hey, you need to deposit something before we can start.”

Oh boy.. You don’t think that you have anything of real value however…. You start rummaging through your comedy kit and find one fake gold coin, it looks like an gold coin, it has the weight of one but it’s not a gold coin! With a small grin you put the coin of the table; they nod and start shuffling the cards. (4) You played for a few hours and even managed to make a small profit out of this! The humans thank you for the game and start drinking.

You quickly realize that you have to hurry to meet Gol’Du, let’s hope I’m not late. Hastily you start running towards the exit of the bar and you see Dharma… Which is drunk.. Since you know that he’s a part of your group you grab him and start dragging him towards the armoury where you drop him on a small pile of clothing as the rest of the group  is watching.
Received 7 Silverlings and 3 Bronzlings

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
Gunmirius will help..."Procure" items of value and use that will surely aid our friends in our times of need! By which I mean, steal everything that's valuable/useful, as long as it's not bolted down, or tied to a scary person.

(6)
You feel like you didn’t receive enough gear for your journey…. So you start searching for items of value or useful things. After 2 hours of following people and walking around the castle, you find yourself in the castle storage room….. Jackpot.

You carefully look around for any other people and start looking for valuable items. (4) There are a lot of items in here but most of them are still packed or locked, however you find an open crate which contains some kind of sticks… There is a scroll in the box, it reads the following.

Here is my newest alchemical creation! I hope you’re satisfied with it and that you will find any use for it.
Fire sticks: Instant fire in your own hands! Pull the string at the bottom of the stick and keep yourself clear of the tip to prevent burn wounds. After 2 seconds the tip should ignite, the fire lasts for 30 minutes.

Created by:
Alchemist Wizard Arcan Suul

Oh that can come in quite handy; you take a few of them and sneak quickly out of the storage room. You can’t help to notice that it’s nearly time, so you calmly walk to the armoury where Gol’Du is standing with the rest of the team.

Received 6 firesticks.

Ironyowl (Silk)
Silk grinned to herself, thinking of the stupid orc from before. "Oh, you shouldn't be here, blaaaaaaaaaaah." Ha! She'd show him the might of a Witch of the Hungering Eye. Or they'd never meet again, whatever that meant. Rather scatterbrained, that one.

No matter. Now was training time.

Find an open space, practice with my naginata.

Bah! What does that orc know about me?!? I’m the strongest witch in these lands! I’ll show them all what I’m capable off! You ask some people where you can find a training room, it took a while as most of them were surprised by your age and size.
 You cannot help to not notice that that young fox boy is also going towards the training area and he’s showing his tail and ears! He looks cute and attractive, you also have a sudden urge to touch his tail which is so fluffy and big! Blargh! I’m dozing off! Training time now, you grab your naginata and take an attack stance where the naginata points forward to your opponent.

Occasionally you take a quick glimpse at Tatsuo to see how he’s progressing and copy his quick slash attack but instead of slashing you stab.(4)  In rapid succession you thrust the tip of your naginata forward, 10 stabs… 20 stabs… 30 stabs…40 stabs… all the way till somewhere around 100 stabs! But you quickly tire out due to the energy consuming attack, however you have learned something new!

Having little energy left you leave the room looking at Tatsuo one last time, he looks at you with an impressed look and continues his training. After having a good rest you make your way to Gol’Du which is waiting in the armory with the rest of the team.

Possible skill learned!  Agility skill: 100 stabs of swiftness! [Novice 1/10] ( You can rename the skill if you’d like! Or even combine with other affinities if you have any!)

Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)
Tatsuo moves to an open space/training area in the castle to practice with his Fuuma Shuriken.

After doing your usual morning ritual you feel the need to hone your skills, so you make your way to the training area which you found the previous day. You notice that Silk is following you and staring at you in a rather odd way. It doesn’t make you feel uneasy, but it’s strange.

(6) You take out your fuuma shuriken and start practicing with it. Slicing the air over and over, you feel a sudden change of the flow of air every time you slash the air. Interesting, you head towards a training dummy which is a big block of wood with a drawn face. First you slice the dummy with the fuuma shuriken like you would with a blade. You cut the wood a few times, cuts are on the dummy like usual. However instead of cutting the dummy directly you decide to slice the air just before the dummy.

Whoa. Remarkably small but visible cuts appear on the dummy without cutting it directly, it seems you slash so precisely that the air near the edge creates a small air slice which can cut things. You also notice that Silk occasionally takes a glimpse at you and tries to best you, you aren’t worrying about it too much but it’s quite entertaining to see.

Suddenly she does some kind of attack with her naginata, every time she thrust forward with the tip of the naginata it appears as if there are multipipe naginata’s stabbing the air in front. However she quickly tires herself and leaves the room, probably to rest. You are impressed by her act and continue honing your skills with precision. After a while you seem to have an idea of this new technique but you think it’s about time to go to Gol’Du.
You walk into the armoury and see Gol’Du and the rest of the group.

Possible skill learned!  Agility skill: Air Slice! [Novice 1/10] ( You can rename the skill if you’d like! Or even combine with other affinities if you have any!) 

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  peglegpengeuin (Dharma)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

3.Notes

Take your time. Turns will be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:44:05 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 2 [A beer too much!]
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2012, 09:56:45 am »

"The Darkwoods seem like a good start. I might as well take Dharma with me, as he does need a little....help. And Silk, why don't you come with us too?"

Arnok tries to act suave in front of Silk. Once that inevitably fails, he runs to the kitchen and grabs some assorted fruits for the journey. After Gol'Du lets us go, of course.

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2012, 10:11:02 am »

Khan mulls over the various places and keeps looking intently at each person of the group,  "Now Arnok, realize if you three head off, none of you have any form of ranged weapon, and as I see it two of us are skilled in ranged weaponry (He points to Gumirius and Akabarashi) as well as I suppose myself but a cannon isn't really a... fast firing weapon.  We have two people who would do well in melee combat, namely myself and silk.  Finally we have the alchemist and comedian, Dharma and you respectively.  Perhaps we should consider such a division as to make sure each of us has someone for melee fighting, a ranged back-up and then a support?  Though if you are intent on flirting with her I pity whoever else goes with you."  He trails off muttering about how strange human romances are... 
    "Either way I don't care where we go to, though I wouldn't mind a little bit o dragon hunting (He winks) those bastards have been eating orcs for too long I think."
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2012, 02:27:32 pm »

"And Silk, why don't you come with us too?"

Arnok tries to act suave in front of Silk.
"Nope sorry, I'm with the foxboy," she said, quickly and a bit too cheerfully as she repositioned herself next to Tatsuo.

She then glanced down and began poking his tail. Interesting...

"Also I like how the orc thinks! Shame that'd mean he's not on our team.

As for where I'd prefer dark woods," she said, her voice shifting to mock creepiness as she leaned in towards Tetsuo's face and wriggled her fingers, "Or I guess maybe the desert ruins. What do you think?" she finished, looking at Tetsuo from a less than respectful distance.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2012, 03:26:03 pm »

Tatsuo's tail twitched and moved a bit as Silk started to touch it, the foxboy staring at her with a hint of curiosity before stating his opinion.

"His reasoning is sound and I'd choose the darkwoods." he spoke, his voice soft and young, appearing to be of someone more used to dealing with religious matters and showing a meek temper rather than killing enemies.

As the daemonkin got close and started to violate his personal space, he started to lean slightly backwards, eyes focused on hers.
"The woods would work as good proving grounds, I suppose." he completed.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2012, 03:54:40 pm »

Khan mulls over the various places and keeps looking intently at each person of the group,  "Now Arnok, realize if you three head off, none of you have any form of ranged weapon, and as I see it two of us are skilled in ranged weaponry (He points to Gumirius and Akabarashi) as well as I suppose myself but a cannon isn't really a... fast firing weapon.  We have two people who would do well in melee combat, namely myself and silk.  Finally we have the alchemist and comedian, Dharma and you respectively.  Perhaps we should consider such a division as to make sure each of us has someone for melee fighting, a ranged back-up and then a support?  Though if you are intent on flirting with her I pity whoever else goes with you."  He trails off muttering about how strange human romances are... 
    "Either way I don't care where we go to, though I wouldn't mind a little bit o dragon hunting (He winks) those bastards have been eating orcs for too long I think."

"Well, my book of sparks can be long range. I'm not good around Dragons, as their scales seem to resist electricity quite well. Anyone else care to come with us? 

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2012, 04:05:41 pm »

Silk's smile intensified to one of amused glee at Tetsuo's soft speech and timid manner. She was more accustomed to the decisive certainty of an ambitious witch, and the young foxboy seemed absolutely adorable in comparison.

So she was gonna mess with his cheeks.

"So it's settled!" she said, playing with the foxboy's face. "We're gonna spend some time in the dark woods together. Who do you think our third should be?"

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2012, 05:07:57 pm »

"Hum, right I forgot two of you be magic-men...  So since you boy-o are scared a little old dragon not liking being shocked, I suppose that means I am going to the deserts?  Though I don't think your gelled hair would agree all that well with sand."  Khan plays with the bags of gunpowder a bit before continueing "and I am not too sure explosives would like that much heat either.... of course dragon fire might cause me to become a bit of an orc-bomb."
Nom nom nom

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2012, 05:30:10 pm »

Dharma dreams of his elf village. His parents are still alive here, their house sitting in the village. Dharma lies in a pile of leaves which oddly feel like clothing. Orcs, gnomes, and other creatures pass through the village in the background. One of the elves comes up to Dharma, and begins speaking. "Drank too much, didn't you?" The elf transforms into a glass of beer before continuing. "Did you figure it out yet? How paralysis magic works?" Dharma shakes his head. "You'd better figure it out. We need to be useful." The rest of the dream drifts forward in a strange twilight between drowsy confusion and enlightenment.

((Anyone here ever go to sleep not knowing how to solve a problem, and then wake up knowing the answer? That's what I'm aiming for here. Of course, it was never previously established that Dharma was trying to learn paralyzing magic, but whatever. Here's to hoping for a good roll.))
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:17:10 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2012, 11:47:33 pm »

"So it's settled!" she said, playing with the foxboy's face. "We're gonna spend some time in the dark woods together. Who do you think our third should be?"
Tatsuo's face flushed and his low voice only got lower and stuttering as he timidly tried to escape Silk's hands. His shinobi mask kept mostly the area around the eyes showing, aside from his fox ears in his case, but the girl was still tugging on his cheeks with abandon. That had already been done to him by some of the members of his family, but he could never get used to it.

"Ahh. Maybe Arnok...?" he answered with a voice that only grew smaller as Silk messed with his face.

Darkwoods, following Silk.
>Yes?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2012, 11:49:17 pm »

"Hey, man, why not?"

Arnok Joined your party!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2012, 09:44:22 am »

Gunmirius is a follower, not a leader. He'll go where the group goes, and try to make some wooden bolts to practice with, aye?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15