Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 39667 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 2 [A beer too much!]
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2012, 11:02:37 am »

Khan Lifts the sleeping drunk Dharma, and goes to stand beside Gunmirius, "To the deserts then eh little man?  How do you think we should go about making sure we don't die of lackka water?"  (if we set out right away khan will attempt to hunt some beasts with his axe for their meat, hides, and bones for gunmirius' bolts.)
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 2 [A beer too much!]
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2012, 12:43:38 pm »

"Excellent! Then it's settled," Silk said, finally giving Tetsuo's face a reprieve. So cute.

Off to the Darkwoods with Arnok and Tetsuo!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 2.5 [Onward we go!]
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2012, 11:37:15 am »

Back to index

Turn 2.5: Onward we go!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before you continue.

1. Please, DO NOT POST A NEW ACTION ( If you however didn't post one for turn 3 then please do!). This is just story of your departure, from this moment onward the fluid time mechanic steps in. If you don't entirely understand the concept please ask in the discussion thread.
2. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.
3. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve. As I'm trying to improve my English writing skills, but as a non-native English speaker I’m having some troubles sometimes.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gol’Du patiently waits till you have made your groups, after some discussion 2 groups are created.
Group number one: Khan, Gunmirius and Dharma will go to the ”Turima Deserts”, the journey is 4 turns.
Group number two: Silk, Tatsuo and Arnok will go to ”Ahjar Darkwoods”,, the journey is 2 turns long.

The groups stopped talking and Gol’Du stands up, “So. I see you have made your groups. Interesting group choices I must say. Oh, also I see you have worked out where you want to go. That’s good! You will depart soon, but first I must give u a little word of advice.
This one time you will travel by high-security caravans.

What are High-Security caravans you ask? Good question.

In our lands we have a very sophisticated caravan system, which links most of our cities and villages into a trading network. For every major road there is a caravan, which brings goods to distant villages but also act as an faster way to travel. For a small fee of course...  But again, caravans differ from each other in security by guards or mercenaries.

A standard unprotected caravan will ask somewhere near 3 to 7 Bronzelings, do keep in mind that there will be no guards or mercenaries expect yourselves. So an ambush could be fatal.
Then we got depending on how much you are willing to pay the merchant, he will hire more guards/mercenaries or arm his own guards/mercenaries with better equipment.

However! This is not the only way to travel, you can of course go by foot. But that’s a bit slow. In our lands you can have your own Domesticated mounts; they are your personal animals which will serve you till the moment they will die. They can vary in size, speed and abilities. For example big bulky creatures will be often slow, very tough and strong, but you will have the option to create extra storage space or any other facilities. Unlike a small speedy creatures, which won’t be tough, very strong or dangerous however they will have the speed to move you faster across the lands.

Like you hear, you have to choose your mount carefully. You can buy one from mount traders but you can also catch one if you have the necessary power and/or tools. But I won’t stall you much longer, you should start going. I wish you all my luck.”

The group is slowly packing up into the carts, till the carts start moving as they move separate ways. The group may never see each other again, but who knows? Fate can be full of surprises.

1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)

Peglegpengeuin (Dharma)

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Ironyowl (Silk)

Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  peglegpengeuin (Dharma)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

3.Notes

Take your time. Turns will be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:44:41 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2012, 01:26:19 pm »

((I guess...I put an action for the metaphorical 'Instance B'?))

Arnok leaves and decides to visit the local Comedy Club(?). He decides to try a bit of prop comedy onstage.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2012, 01:38:07 pm »

Arnok leaves and decides to visit the local Comedy Club(?). He decides to try a bit of prop comedy onstage.

Aye this man gets the concept.
Durrr..

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2012, 04:30:18 pm »

Wait, so, er...What do we do? I posted my "Turn 3 turn" already, but...Uh...I guess I'll keep that?

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2012, 04:36:27 pm »

Oh...... I've missed more actions// Guys this is totally my fault. I do miss however on action and that is from Ironyowl i believe.
Durrr..

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2012, 05:13:26 pm »

((So fluid time basically just means we hang out at the spot we were at while traveling to the new location?))

Refine that multi-stab thing I learned, rename it Splitting Reed Strike.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2012, 09:30:21 pm »

After finally being released from the girl's grip, Tatsuo escaped somewhere to train. There was a constant need to develop one's abilities, lest they find themselves on the wrong side of a blade. He was curious about the daemonkin's antics. She seemed aggressive in her behavior and made him feel uncomfortable, but even so, Silk seemed to be a good person.

Refine Air Slice, rename it Kaze.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2012, 10:45:25 am »

((So fluid time basically just means we hang out at the spot we were at while traveling to the new location?))

((Yes, btw turn upcoming  VERY soon!))
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 3 [It's this recipe! I Swear!!]
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2012, 11:45:00 am »

Back to index

Turn 3: It’s this recipe! I Swear!!

Before you continue.

1. Oh, nvm. I remember. I will put the skills you have learned so far in your notes folder, and since i'm too lazy to change the name it will keep being the notes folder.
2. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.
3. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve. As I'm trying to improve my English writing skills, but as a non-native English speaker I’m having some troubles sometimes.

No story this time!

1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
Khan Lifts the sleeping drunk Dharma, and goes to stand beside Gunmirius, "To the deserts then eh little man?  How do you think we should go about making sure we don't die of lackka water?"  (if we set out right away khan will attempt to hunt some beasts with his Cleaver for their meat, hides, and bones for gunmirius' bolts.)
Khan decides that hunting some local wildlife might be a good idea to provide his group with a variety of goodies. Obviously one cannot find any game in the castle, so he walks outside and notices that the castle borders with a forest. The forest is thickly grown and little light passes through the leaves, but there is more than enough to make out the surroundings. Khan carefully enters the forest searching for any animals. (6) You stumble upon a group of tusked wild boars! Of course the boars notice you long before you did, so they are cautious.

As you slowly walk towards them, a big male boar emerges from the group and moves forward, ready to face his opponent. Uh oh, it looks like he’s going to charge. You brace yourself as the male boar charges at you with his tusks pointing your way, you think “Those tusks could create some nasty wounds, but he has no chance against the might of an Orc!”

[Strength challenge (9) : Reached!]
You extend your hands and grab the tusks of the boar just before it hits you. The boar is very strong, and tries to free itself from your grasp. [Strength affinity] However you have a very firm grip of his tusks, with all your strength you lift the boar and slingshot it towards a nearby thick tree. With a loud thud the boar hits the tree and falls down with a second loud thud. The boar is instantly dazed and has probably broken a few of his bones, looking around you also notice that the pack has dispersed. The boar is now lying on the ground, you clearly hear that it has trouble with breathing so you decide to free him of this pain as humane as possible. You grab your big meat cleaver and with good precision you chop its head off.

The following few hours you spend dragging the corpse back to the castle, skinning, chopping the meat and dissecting the boar into other valuable parts. You donate some of the meat to the castle since dragging all of it would be very unpractical and most important of all it would slow you down by a lot. The castle cooks are very happy about this kind of meat, they get meat very often but never this fresh and out of gratitude they season your meat with salt, peppers and pack it in an air tight leather bag for you.

You gained Tusked Boar skin/fur, 4 pounds of fine quality seasoned tusked boar meat in a leather bag, Boar Bones, 2 medium sized tusked boar tusks.

Peglegpengeuin (Dharma)
Dharma dreams of his elf village. His parents are still alive here, their house sitting in the village. Dharma lies in a pile of leaves which oddly feel like clothing. Orcs, gnomes, and other creatures pass through the village in the background. One of the elves comes up to Dharma, and begins speaking. "Drank too much, didn't you?" The elf transforms into a glass of beer before continuing. "Did you figure it out yet? How paralysis magic works?" Dharma shakes his head. "You'd better figure it out. We need to be useful." The rest of the dream drifts forward in a strange twilight between drowsy confusion and enlightenment.

((Anyone here ever go to sleep not knowing how to solve a problem, and then wake up knowing the answer? That's what I'm aiming for here. Of course, it was never previously established that Dharma was trying to learn paralyzing magic, but whatever. Here's to hoping for a good roll.))
Meanwhile in the Dreamworld….

You are in your old village, it’s summer here and everything’s peaceful. Both of your parents are still alive and they are just doing their daily activities like cleaning the clothes or tending the crops. You feel very happy and decide to play around with your friends, before crashing into a pile of leaves.  Your parent mother looks at you and says : “Don’t hurt yourself dear, there could be some stingy leaves in there!”

You roll around in the leaves some more and… hmm. This is odd… The pile of leaves feels like a pile of soft clothes. You look up again and an elf approaches you and sit beside you. “Had a drink too much didn’t ya?” said the elf as he transformed into a mug full of dwarven beer : “Come on mate, have another! Oh while you’re at it, maybe you should work out how your fathers created his famous paralyze potions.” You look around, the world is spinning around and the gaint beer mug is dancing around you. You have no idea what’s going on and fall back on the leaves. (1) You start thinking about the recipe, after a while you worked something out. YES! This is it! The recipe for flavored dwarven ale! I’m a genius! You said just before you dozed off into a weirder dream.

Suddenly you wake up and find yourself in a cart right next to Khan and Gunmirius, who look at you in a strange way. You are really confused about what happened but quickly grab your empty journal and piece of coal to write the recipe of your dreams. You write it down and hand it to Gunmirius who is not very sure about what you are trying to show him. He looks at the piece of paper and sighs “You drunk reptile. First you drink too much and now you made a recipe FOR FLAVORED DWARVEN ALE?!?”  Khan bursts out laughing, and you feel a bit awkward before hiding your recipe.

You gained
[/b]

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Your comedian nature forces you to go and entrain the folks! Since you know that the bar has an stage, you assume that people can freely perform on there. After a short walk to the bar you talk with one of the barman’s which inform you that you are free to perform, but the crowd decides if it’s any good before bombarding you with food bits! (5+1=6!) You think up some jokes that should entertain the crowd. Soon enough , you make your way on stage. The crowd is mostly silent with the few occasional drunks who talk but it’s awfully quiet. You can feel the eyes of the crowd penetrating you. Gasp, time to entertain.

An orc captain was marching his entire army to attack Karak Eight Peaks, they were passing an old abandoned city when they heard a voice within the ancient city's walls: "One Dwarf is better than ten orc soldiers!" The orc captain was enraged and immediately sent ten of his best troops over the walls while the remainder of the company waited outside. Then came the sound of a terrific fight going on, soon all was quiet. Then the voice spoke again: "One Dwarven soldier is better than a hundred orc soldiers!" Well, the captain sent hundred of his best men over the walls. Soon came the sounds of fight and then silence. The voice spoke up again: "One Dwarfen soldier is better than a thousand orc soldiers!" The captain was furious. He immediately sent the remainder of his troops over the walls save only himself. There came the sound of a fierce battle, and then silence followed by the sound of a dwarf laughing. Finally, one lone orc stumbled back from the battle and collapsed at the captains feet. "Speak! What happened?" asked the captain. The soldier replied with his last breath. "It....was..a trap..there's...TWO...of...them..."

It’s quiet until… the crowd bursts out laughing and starts drinking while shouting for more. Phew, time to whip up a few more!

You keep this up for a good hour or two, meanwhile the crowd throws some coins towards you which you pick up after your well-done act. After your act you get a few compliments on your good sense of humor and some free drinks from multipipe groups.

You gained 6 Bronzelings, 3 Silverlings and 7 Goldlings.
You gained 6/7 competent comedian!

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
Gunmirius is a follower, not a leader. He'll go where the group goes, and try to make some wooden bolts to practice with, aye?
You decide that using your good bolts for practice is a bad thing, and learning to fletch arrows could be handy in the future. You walk around the castle asking some people if they know where a workshop could be, they direct you to the castle basement. You slowly walk into the basement and notice that it’s very hot here, walking further you see that it’s the workshop of the castle blacksmith.
After having a small chat with him he shows you where the materials are. You go towards the giant mountain of logs and grab a few. (5) You grab a nearby axe and chop the logs in small tick roughly the same size and width. Then you grab an knife and start chopping the small wood pieces into bolt-like shapes. After having chopped a dozen or so bolts, you go to a shaving stone to smooth the bolts into a finer shape.  Afterwards you have 14 wooden bolts, the blacksmith which happens to be there compliments you on your work.

You gained 14 wooden bolts
You gained 1/2 Dabbling Fletcher

Ironyowl (Silk)

You think that practicing this new move that you just tried will help you to master it for future use, you also taught up a catch name for this move whenever somebody asks what it’s named. You go towards the training hall again, deep inside you hope to see Tatsuo there. But to no avail he’s not there, that won’t matter though.  (4+1=5!) You do the same position as before and focus. Slowly but surely you start thrusting forward into the air, slowly you accelerate your amount strikes and speed of thrusting. Quickly you repeat Splitting Reed Strike , gaining some more insight on how this move works. This time you also feel less tired than before! You spend the rest of the day generally practicing with your naginata before you call it a day.

You gained 1/4 Agility skill: Splitting Reed Strike!
You gained Dabbling 1/2 Naginata Mastery!

Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)
After finally being released from the girl's grip, Tatsuo escaped somewhere to train. There was a constant need to develop one's abilities, lest they find themselves on the wrong side of a blade. He was curious about the daemonkin's antics. She seemed aggressive in her behavior and made him feel uncomfortable, but even so, Silk seemed to be a good person.

Refine Air Slice, rename it Kaze.
Arg! That girl won’t stop holding me! But luckily I somehow managed to sneak out and train in an quiet place, namely at the top of one of the castle towers.  Cause one cannot concentrate on his task when one’s mind is being distracted.

(5+1=6!) You focus and repeat the same patterns as before, miraculously you manage to slightly cut the stone bricks. Which is a huge accomplishment, because this means that eventually you maybe could perfectly split stones in half. But your Fuuma Shuriken is a ranged weapon as well, so obviously you need to train it. You throw the Fuuma Shuriken around but don’t see any real difference, it could be perhaps that your swings are more powerful than just throwing it. It could be also that you aren’t skilled enough with this technique and need to practice some more or it could be that this technique isn’t nearly as effective on a ranged-weapon as on a melee-weapon.

Anyhow you spend the rest of the day practicing with your fuuma shuriken and decide to call it day.

You gained 1/4 Agility skill: Kaze!
You gained Dabbling 1/2 Fuuma Shuriken Mastery!

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)

Quote from:  peglegpengeuin (Dharma)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

3.Notes

Take your time. Turns will be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:44:35 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2012, 11:49:49 am »

First.

Gunmirius will now proceed to practice with his wooden bolts.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2012, 03:46:19 pm »

Please waitlist me if this is all in order.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ehh... I'll try to finish this a little later. It would seem I need to read up on the lore a bit.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:47:29 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2012, 03:49:03 pm »

Thank you, Thank you, I'll be here for a few more seconds then I'm never coming back!

Wave goodbye to the patrons, and head to the nearest shop, be it weapons, armor, or other.

((Dear god, I seem to be the only one with money! I"M FUCKING RICH!))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2012, 06:03:55 pm »

Dharma was embarrassed and frustrated. He didn't like being laughed at, especially by those he didn't know well. He had hoped to make a better first impression on his new allies. Dharma decided that he could make the most progress by himself, studying magic and preparing for his journey. Except... he didn't bring any books with him, and he didn't have enough money to purchase new ones.  Dharma noticed that Arnok had a great deal of cash, and asked him if he could borrow some. It felt awkward asking someone else for help, but Dharma didn't know of any better way to get money. He took his loan to a magic store and carefully scanned their merchandise for items of quality. Low on funds, he could only purchased one spellbook which seemed especially appealing to him. With his remaining cash, Dharma purchased a book on the Turima Desert. He spent the rest of the day in his room at a study desk with his books. There he caught himself up on the basics and history of the desert. When he was satisfied with his Turima knowedge, Dharma switched to his spellbook. He flipped through the pages until he found something that interested him. He stopped at a spell called "confusion", which could cause foes to become confused and attack random targets including their allies. The spell was complicated, but Dharma felt he could learn it before morning. It became late and Dharma grew tired, but he continued diligently studying. When morning arrived, Dharma found himself waking up at his desk.

From discussions thread:
Can someone lend me some cash to purchase books? I promise I (probably) will (not) be good for it.

In-Game? Sure, I AM the only one with money around here.

Edit: Uh oh:
-SNIP-
Uhh, scratch this, I just probably spent it all, depending on how much goldlings are worth.

Damn potions and spells...

Also, those of you coming with me are in for a BIIIG surprise...
I really really don't want to have to steal the magic book. I get the feeling the owner of a magic shop would have pretty good security, if you know what I mean. But I'll be willing to try stealing the Turima book from a regular book store if I need to do so to afford a decent spellbook. My agility should be high enough for a non-enchanted book.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:30:20 am by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15