Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 39688 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 3 [It's this recipe! I Swear!!]
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2012, 06:19:12 pm »

((Who needs money when you're good at stabbing things? :P))

Silk smiled at her progress. It'd be better if that foxboy was still around to see it, but she supposed now she could scare him a bit by showing it off. She wondered where he had gotten off to, anyway...

Well, no matter. Not yet, anyway.

Attempt to use dark magic to make myself harder to hit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2012, 10:15:40 pm »

Khan couldn't help but feel a slight disappointment at such a quick fight, it was unfair to a mighty creature such as a boar to not die in a long and proper battle.  Hitting upon the sudden realization that it needn't be the boars last fight Khan heads back out into the forest in search of some particular items...
Search for roots, vines, bark, and any other items that would be needed to turn the boar tusks into attached-to-forearm punch spikes.  A type of combination between armbands and spears using vines, bark and plant fibers to wrap around the boar tusks to hold them against the outsides of my arms.

"The quick tying of the tusks to my arms will have to do for now, but once i have the time and money I shall need to start adding my creature trophies into my set of armor.  The weapons of beasts may not necessarily make good weapons for me.. but at least I am doing their warrior spirits service."  Thought Khan as he walked throughout the woods.
Nom nom nom

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2012, 11:57:11 pm »

Tatsuo sighed deeply as he prepared for another go. Mastery should be obtained with hard work, and most of the path still lied ahead of him. He was a only a rookie in the ancient ways of his family, and he had been told that if by training he wasn't able to achieve perfection, no one would help him do it.

It was peaceful atop the castle tower, and even though he had been taught to be calm and contained, both in his religious and combat training, having his cheeks tugged on wasn't exactly welcomed when concentration was needed. Silk was not a bad girl, but she didn't seem too keen on respecting other people's personal spaces.

Keep training Kaze.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2012, 11:42:34 am »

Ehhh... hello guys...

1.I'm working on more things than the turn itself, and it costs me more time. But this delay is also partially my fault as i got a bit lazy. So expect the turn somewhere in the coming 2-3 days + lots of other goodies.
2.I designed a new method of combat which i want to use in my RTD, however this involves PM's which is not a good tool. However i remember that some time i ago i played some Mafia game where they used a kind of group chat which was on a site to communicate amongst each-other. I would GREATLY appreciate if someone could provide me the name of this tool/site or something similar.

But to get back to the point, the purpose of this system is to not spend many many turns wasting turns for combat. I wish my RTD to be more story-oriented, this enabled me do accomplish this.

THe idea is that after a turn i start quickly working on the turn, depending on the actions you have specified and the circumstances you are in i will see if you are locked in combat. If you are indeed in combat i will write up the action which your opponent(s) do, in return you write me how you will react to this. Note that this will be done privately amongst the members which are locked in combat ( It can be a single person but it can be 6 people as well).

After some non-existent turns, a winner should emerge from this battle. This may be you but this may be the opponent, the chance to die depends on the enemy you are facing. If you are fighting a dragon then prepare yourself to a fight to the death, but when you are fighting a group of bandits there might be a chance that they will capture you. etc. 

Again to not derail the explanation. After the outcome is known i will write up a story based on your fight and how you gloriously won the fight against the dragon or how you epically failed and got eaten by the dragon.
- rest....?

Like usual questions/remarks to the discussion thread!
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 4 [Plants Vs Orcs]
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2012, 09:27:50 am »

Back to index

Turn 4: Plants Vs orcs

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before you continue.

1. Eh…. Late turn. I have no proper excuse for this expect my laziness. Next time start prodding me to death with a stick and throw rocks at me.
2. I will post the remaining data , I have completed later. I’m really tired now after school and wish to do something else.
3. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.
4. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve. As I'm trying to improve my English writing skills, but as a non-native English speaker I’m having some troubles.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

No story this time!

1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
Khan couldn't help but feel a slight disappointment at such a quick fight, it was unfair to a mighty creature such as a boar to not die in a long and proper battle.  Hitting upon the sudden realization that it needn't be the boars last fight Khan heads back out into the forest in search of some particular items...
Search for roots, vines, bark, and any other items that would be needed to turn the boar tusks into attached-to-forearm punch spikes.  A type of combination between armbands and spears using vines, bark and plant fibers to wrap around the boar tusks to hold them against the outsides of my arms.

"The quick tying of the tusks to my arms will have to do for now, but once i have the time and money I shall need to start adding my creature trophies into my set of armor.  The weapons of beasts may not necessarily make good weapons for me.. but at least I am doing their warrior spirits service."  Thought Khan as he walked throughout the woods.

These tusks could be a fine weapon, but I need materials to somehow create a weapon. I need bark, a rope-like material, something sticky and natural colors.  I don’t have any money to buy it, but these forests can supply what I need. So again you head into the forests in search of these materials. (3)(1)(6) There are plenty of trees around, but the barks of these trees aren’t thick so not usable for my purposes. I can grab a few of them though, maybe I can do something else with it in the future.

You continue your search for a rope-like material. While walking , you suddenly are attacked by a vine-beast. The fight was fierce but ended with the vine beast having a giant gaping hole in the torso and being on fire. .

Now that you have your rope, it’s time to find something sticky to hold the construction together. You stumble upon a big tree which has deep cuts, probably made by boars. But what interests you are small glistering balls that are lying around, it looks like sticky resin. You pick up one of those balls, they are quite hard. However you notice that the liquid inside still flows a bit. You cut one of the balls open, and indeed. There is a hard shell of resin around the liquid resin, this is the ideal glue! You pick up a few balls and finish your search by heading back to the castle.

Unfortunately you don’t have all the items you wanted to create your glove, but perhaps you can figure something out?

You gained 2 intact Vine-beast tentacles
You gained 6/7 competent fire-weapons user
You gained Minor burn wound on right arm ( No side-effect, heals in 2 turns.)
You  lost 1 HE bag
You gained 6 sticky resin balls

Peglegpengeuin (Dharma)
Dharma was embarrassed and frustrated. He didn't like being laughed at, especially by those he didn't know well. He had hoped to make a better first impression on his new allies. Dharma decided that he could make the most progress by himself, studying magic and preparing for his journey. Except... he didn't bring any books with him, and he didn't have enough money to purchase new ones.  Dharma noticed that Arnok had a great deal of cash, and asked him if he could borrow some. It felt awkward asking someone else for help, but Dharma didn't know of any better way to get money. He took his loan to a magic store and carefully scanned their merchandise for items of quality. Low on funds, he could only purchase one spell book which seemed especially appealing to him. With his remaining cash, Dharma purchased a book on the Turima Desert. He spent the rest of the day in his room at a study desk with his books. There he caught himself up on the basics and history of the desert. When he was satisfied with his Turima knowledge, Dharma switched to his spell book. He flipped through the pages until he found something that interested him. He stopped at a spell called "confusion", which could cause foes to become confused and attack random targets including their allies. The spell was complicated, but Dharma felt he could learn it before morning. It became late and Dharma grew tired, but he continued diligently studying. When morning arrived, Dharma found himself waking up at his desk.

Being slightly embarrassed by the previous events, he feels like he didn’t make the best impression of his new friends. But I shouldn’t give up, as that makes an even worse impression. The best thing that I can do now is to study about the Turima Desert and new spells which could be useful in the near-future. But having no money seems to be problematic, luckily your buddy Arnok decided to lend you a few coins.

With your small amount of pocket change, you head to the castle library. Upon entering you are amazed by the size of this library, the scholar who happens to see you walks up to you. “Impressive isn’t it?But this is small compared to the eternal library up in the Wizard academy.” 
The scholar wears brown robes and a hood, so you can’t make out his face or what race he is from. You ask what you came here for, namely to buy some specific books. “Ehh.. Excuse me, but could you point me to books about the Turima Deserts? Oh. and perhaps a book about magic which fools your opponents.”

The scholar thinks for a while and suddenly heads out into the rows of bookshelves and returns with 2 dusty books. “Here you are mate.” You actually start wondering if he’s only letting you to read the books instead of letting you buy them. (5)Ehh… Could I perhaps buy these books?”
The scholar looks you with big eyes “Praise the gods! Someone who is a true seeker of knowledge! Yes, my friend you can buy these books. In fact I will slightly reduce the price of them.”

You are slightly confused and hesitantly ask why he’s so happy.
“Could I know why you are so happy? I’m just buying these books.” The scholar who has a big smile on his face explains.
“It has been a long time since anyone actually entered this library in the quest of any knowledge. To be frank, monster hunter mages are quite rare. I was beginning to lose hope that people lost faith in knowledge but you have restored it.”

You feel slightly better, without knowing it you have helped a person. You pay him the small fee and leave the library. The monk says his final words before you exit the library.
“May your faiths in knowledge never disappear!”

You sit in your chamber with a lit candle besides you and open the Turima Desert book first. It’s quite a thick book containing a large variety of topics about the desert.  (4) Hastily you flicker page trough page in search of anything that you consider usefull information. Topography…. Food…. Women….. before you stop by the chapter “Dangers of the Desert”. There are many dangers described in the book but you make out the 5 most dangerous things one can encounter in the Turima Desert.

1.   Quicksand : Sands which are unstable and if any living creature steps in it then the sands start rapidly shifting, engulfing the poor victim with sand and suffocating it.
2.   Mirages: These illusions can trick you in various ways. Quite hard to explain what exactly happens because the illusions differ from each person’s desires.
3.   Dehydration: Of course, there is little water in the Desert. So one has to be prepared with enough liquids to consume before going into the Desert. Water is an excellent choice, but in desperation liquids like juice, blood and piss work as well.
4.   Sandstorms: This dangerous phenomenon is the bane of many desert dwellers. High speed winds stir up the sand creating massive sand clouds which block your sight, the winds can also be deadly for any living creature which is not shielded.
5.   Sand Witches: These creatures are the dwellers of these sands for many years before any race came to existence. They control the deserts with their dreadful magic, though nowadays they are more lustful for males for unknown reasons. Failing in satisfying their desires will result in curses cast upon you which can have positive effects or negative effects depending on how you look at it.

Well… That’s quite informative. Satisfied with this new knowledge you think it would be better to learn some new spells. You grab the second book titled “Mind trickery”, it’s a book about mind magic for starter wizards. You shift through the pages looking for an interesting spell to learn and you find yourself on the page of Confuse.

A brief description of the spell: This spell scrambles the thoughts of your opponent, resulting in loss temporarily loss of memory and difference between foe and ally. This spell may induce violence, fear, curiosity, nausea, headaches and temporarily loss of sight.

You spend the rest of the evening studying the confuse spell and how you can use it, before falling asleep and drooling on the book.

You gained Book:”Turima Deserts”, book: “Mind Trickery” and 5 silverlings.
You gained Mind skill: Confusion (Confuses the enemy into a variety of mild side effects.)

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)
With your small fortune you have made , you are no officially the richest person of your group! But now it’s time to spend it! You remember that you could buy weapons from Gol’Du, but you aren’t very interested in that. You want more spell, potions or other magical items. You walk around and quickly find yourself in “Delilahs Magic Shop”, you see a variety of interesting potions and huge selection of alchemic goods. But you quickly emerge from the shop, with your pockets lightened by the shop owner but bringing some potions with you.

You gained Scrolls of Fireball, Iceblast, Shadowstrike, and Command Small Animal
You gained two potions of Horniness, Magic Restoration, and Night Vision
You lost 4 goldlings and 6 silverlings (2 gold to Dharma, 2/6 to shop)

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
First.

Gunmirius will now proceed to practice with his wooden bolts.
Satisfied with your new bolts , you aren’t that hesitant to waste some precious bolts for training purposes. You go to the Archery range, in there you see quite a lot of people training with a large variety of ranged weaponry. Bows, dual-handed crossbows, muskets, canons everything! Looking at your small-sized crossbow you feel slightly awkward, it’s understandable though for a gnome. (3) You practice a bit with your crossbow, you hit the target a few times and miss it a few times. You don’t feel any better with using the crossbow. You retrieve the bolts you have shot at the target dummy.

Nothing gained

Ironyowl (Silk)
((Who needs money when you're good at stabbing things? :P))

Silk smiled at her progress. It'd be better if that foxboy was still around to see it, but she supposed now she could scare him a bit by showing it off. She wondered where he had gotten off to, anyway...

Well, no matter. Not yet, anyway.

Attempt to use dark magic to make myself harder to hit.
I will kill everything in close range that is not a doubt, but there is also no doubt that my enemies will try to kill me. Maybe I should think up a way to use my dark magic to create a defense spell. You rule out shields, as you still get hit with the recoil.

Hm…. You ponder a while what you could do. Suddenly it strikes you, you remember having read a book about Demon-type monsters. There was one particular demon which you remember namely the “Shadow Reaver”. This demon expect being one of the deadliest demons in existence had a unique defense mechanic. It could re-materialize its limbs into pure darkness energy, enabling weapons to pass freely through it without getting hurt and materializing afterwards striking the poor attacker.

But anyway, first you need to learn to materialize matter into dark energy before even attempting it on yourself and that is no easy task. You go outside and pick up a rock. (5) You sit down and focus on calling the dark forces. You can feel dark energy increasing around you, black fire-like substance emerges from ground. You channel this energy through your hand into the rock.

You look at the rock and decide to poke it with your finger. Your finger passes through it without any resistance, as if the rock never was hard. As you push your finger you see the dark energies pushing itself into different directions. You pull your finger out and after a few seconds you see how the energies reshape into a rock again. At this point any attempts at poking through the rocks fail. You seem to have a basic grasp of this technique but by no means I think that I should use it on myself…yet…..

You gained spell! Dark: Evil-materalization. (You change the structure of living matter into dark energy which is not hittable by conventional weapons) [Change name if you wish so]

Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)
Tatsuo sighed deeply as he prepared for another go. Mastery should be obtained with hard work, and most of the path still lied ahead of him. He was a only a rookie in the ancient ways of his family, and he had been told that if by training he wasn't able to achieve perfection, no one would help him do it.

It was peaceful atop the castle tower, and even though he had been taught to be calm and contained, both in his religious and combat training, having his cheeks tugged on wasn't exactly welcomed when concentration was needed. Silk was not a bad girl, but she didn't seem too keen on respecting other people's personal spaces.

Keep training Kaze.

You know what they say. Practice makes perfect. You decide to spend the day again training this new acquired technique.   (2+1=3!) You train a bit but don’t see any noticeable improvements. You do figure out that this technique has something to do with the wind, maybe studying the wind can help you understand this technique? The day turns quickly into night before you decide to sleep again.

You gained 3/4 kaze

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  peglegpengeuin (Dharma)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

3.Notes

Take your time. Turns will be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:45:27 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2012, 10:02:25 am »

First

Gunmirius will make sure his current crossbow has the mod equipped, then go to wherever Khan is and help him if he needs it. I didn't know he was in a fight!

And, woo-hoo! Monster Hunter RTD!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:34:48 am by Caerwyn »

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2012, 10:11:35 am »

I should check the forums more often, not just the threads I'm currently on... Ah well, I'll settle for waitlist.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:32:54 pm by Fireiy »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2012, 10:15:05 am »

((I assume the scrolls are one use only, eh? Like in Skyrim.

Also, is our group at the forest yet?))

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2012, 10:21:07 am »

((I assume the scrolls are one use only, eh? Like in Skyrim.

Also, is our group at the forest yet?))

Oh you're right. I will write up the surroundings soon. Please have patience  :'(
Durrr..

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2012, 04:49:17 pm »

Slice off some of the boar hide/fur, apply vines, tusks, and glue.  Potentially use bones for supports/extra plating on the outsides.  End result should have wristbands/fingerless gloves made of boar fur with tusks protruding to be used as punch weapons and the vines, glue, and bones for support and holding the whole apparatus together.
Nom nom nom

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2012, 03:59:39 am »

Back to index

Turn 4.5 :Intermission

After 2 days of travelling Silk,Tatsuo and Arnok have finally arrived in the “Ahjar Darkwoods”. You arrive in the biggest village in these lands, the village is  called Odursel. The surroundings are very sinister, it’s dark, long slim dead trees are everywhere and its quite misty. You cant really tell whether its day or night due to the dark clouds in the air and there weather is cold but not below zero cold.  The caravan starts unpacking in the center of the town and you get off the carts. You can see two signs which indicate the local Inn and Blacksmith, little further in the forest you can see clearly something that resembles a temple to the human god of light. Looking around you see lots of wooden houses with closed windows and small cracks of lighting shining through the windows, there is one house that stands out. Its most probably the Mayor's house, but who knows?

NOTE: The characters in Odursel are currently not using the fluid time mechanic anymore.

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Spoiler: Killboard (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  peglegpengeuin (Dharma)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

3.Notes

Take your time. Turns will be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:40:48 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2012, 10:08:11 am »

What else is there to do but knock on the door?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2012, 05:02:15 pm »

Eh... hello guys? Could there be a possibly of the remaining players posting a action?
Durrr..

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2012, 07:09:09 pm »

((Oops, sorry.))

"Come along, uh... Hm. Should really think of a name for you," Silk said, pulling Tetsuo after her by his ears. So soft!

Drag Tetsuo to the big house. Let Arnok knock on the door.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2012, 07:45:04 pm »

((My bad.))

"...My name is Akabarashi Tatsuo..." Tatsuo answered, blushing slightly as Silk dragged him by his ears - large, furry ears positioned roughly atop his head with tuffs of finer, softer fur near its bottom. They were sensitive to touch and it would be heavy abuse wasn't he following her willingly, but at the very least he was more-or-less used to that kind of thing coming from women.

Be dragged by Silk.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15