Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 39666 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 5 [Gasp! Blood red eyes, Dark hair!?? VAMPIRE!]
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2012, 03:55:57 pm »

Gunmirius, now interested, will gather up loose materials and what-not to create glorious Gnomish armor!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2012, 04:17:42 pm »

Search for information about the spirits around town.

Tatsuo leaves the vampire's mansion half-walking, half-being hugged by Silk, intent on discovering what caused the unrest of the spirits.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »

Dharma went on one last spending spree at the store before leaving.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:19:08 am by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2012, 06:17:49 pm »

Follow Tetsuo and help in uncovering information.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2012, 06:48:26 pm »

Back to index

Turn 6: Don’t mess with Silk.

Before you continue.

1. Please read your action first then the story, otherwise the chronology may be strange.
2. ….. Filler…..
3. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.
4. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve. As I'm trying to improve my English writing skills, but as a non-native English speaker I’m having some troubles.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Odursel
Nothing this time!

Turima Desert
Group 2 consisting of Gunmirius, Khan and Dharma now have arrived in the hot Turima Desert. Everyone can feel the heat and the sweat that is dripping on their skin. The only person that isn’t entirely affected is Dharma, but he’s showing signs of overheating. The caravan arrives in a large camp made near a small water pool. You all quickly notice that most of the traders are either goblins, sand-orcs or just random passer byes.

They unpack in the large tent at the middle which provides a large cover of shadow. It seems like this is the mini-market of this encampment. You see food & water stalls, armor stall, weapon stall, and a pet-seller stall. You saw a tent that resembled a drinking tent, and you overheard on of the traders that a local expedition is venturing out soon into the desert’s to search for lost artifacts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
Go on a glorious quest to find bottles of juice, water, and most importantly ALCOHOLIC SUBSTANCES!  There is no use going monster hunting if one is prone to die of dehydration.

Also if he wants them, give the bones to gunirious to make into bolts.

(5) You scour the castle for anything that can be considered a liquid and drinkable. Remarkably you find yourself again in the bar, and you see your good friend the barman. Most important of all the same barman that gave you your breakfast.

“OH, it you again my friend! What brings you here today?”

“Ehh. I’m wondering if you have any beverages for travel, because I’m going to the Turima Desert”

“Oh? That place? You know what’s worse than the heat?!? The sand! That sand that breaches every crevice it can find, the second you enter the desert your butt crack will be full of it.”

Said the barman, before he burst out laughing. While laughing he went to get something from the back. Quickly he returned with a keg in his hands, the keg had a label on it..

“Listen my friend, I’d be a shame if you ended up as a dried out orc jerky. That’s why I’m giving you this. This is my special brew. I call it “Old man’s brew”. It’s something I have made myself, with some techniques I have learned from the dwarves.

But one thing my friend, could you bring some Cactus extract from the goblins? I’ve heard it boosts the taste of beverages by a lot.”

He hands over the keg and pats you on your shoulder.

“Oh my friend, I haven’t told my name yet.  I’m Bardo.”

You leave the bar with the keg in your hands, it’s a medium sized keg and it shouldn’t be too hard to carry with a orc of your proportions.

You gained One medium sized keg of “Old man’s brew”

Peglegpengeuin (Dharma)
Dharma went on one last spending spree at the store before leaving.
You feel that you can buy maybe something of use with your remaining pocket change, so you search the castle for any other shops expect Gol’Du’s armory. You stumble upon Delilah's Magic Store! The shopkeeper is a friendly female elf.

You count your meager coins and look at the pricelist. Uff, i don't have much but anything will help in the Turima Desert. You ask the shopkeeper for 2 potions, she gladly hands them over with a smile. You pay up and leave the store, you can hear Delilah saying

"Please, come again!"

(no roll, how on earth can you fail at buying?!?)

You lost 4 Silverlings
You gained one potion of Restoration
You gained one potion of magica restoration.

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)
DO WHATEVER THE REST OF MY TEAM IS DOING. (Ask around for anything that can help to the recent hauntings)
You walk with the group, hoping to get some information from the locals. (1+1+2=4:3= 1.33 = 1!)( Luck is on your side :P) But the local townsfolk isn’t as eager as you are….. but that makes up for these ghosts right?!? RIGHT?!?  (4) But they’re just prankster ghosts.

One temporarily possesses your book, letting out small sparks periodically rendering you unable to pick it up. It hurts just a wee bit, but it’s really annoying.

Suddenly Silk gives an intimidating look to the ghosts, you happen to catch a glimpse of it. You shudder as you see the endless possibilities which she could inflict pain on you and you can only imagine what a direct stare could cause to your fragile mind! You consider yourself lucky to be her friend. The ghosts flee though, which is a good thing considering the unhelpful nature of the local inhabitants. But what now?

You gained Possessed book of sparks

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
Gunmirius, now interested, will gather up loose materials and what-not to create glorious Gnomish armor!
(3) You feel like your scrawny armor just isn’t enough, you decide to make some glorious gnome armor for the Gnome empire! But that requires materials! I don’t have any money though, so I ought to steal it or someone will give me something. You go again to the same storage you were in earlier, though this time it’s locked…. Well, that sucks. You try to think up any other places where you could find possible materials; you fail to do so though.

While your glorious quest has halted for now, it’s far from over!

You gained Nothing

Ironyowl (Silk)
Follow Tetsuo and help in uncovering information.
Bahah! Now that I have grasped the fox boy, I won’t let him get off the hook that easily! (1+1+2=4:3= 1.33 = 1!)( Luck is on your side :P) You follow Tatsuo around but the people are unwilling to help you in any way, pffttt. Ungrateful people, we offer help and they refuse it!

(4) While the people may be unwilling the ghosts here are truly rascals, or at least these are…  They flip your skirt a few times and you are quite annoyed by this. (6+1=7!) You give these ghosts such an intimidating look that they literally shit themselves, even though this shouldn’t be possible at all. They flee like they saw themselves in a world of pain and sadism ruled by you. Something tells you that they won’t be returning any time soon….

While having fixed one problem, the quest for knowledge still didn’t turn out well. Maybe the people at the bar are friendlier?

You gained 6/7 Competent Intimidator.

Search for information about the spirits around town.

Tatsuo leaves the vampire's mansion half-walking, half-being hugged by Silk, intent on discovering what caused the unrest of the spirits.
Well that was certainly helpful... You hope that the local inhabitants are willing to help you.  (1+1+2=4:3= 1.33 = 1) (Luck is on your side :P) Unfortunately every house you visit either doesn’t open up or does but quickly slams their door after you ask about that specific information. Very helpful indeed…. But before you even realize you are suddenly harassed by a bunch of ghosts.

Even though they are ethereal beings you feel a chill every time they pass through you, it’s a uneasy feeling.  (4) You are lucky though as these ghosts seem to be pranksters, that are just messing around.

They tease your ears and you succumb to it, but suddenly Silk does something and they give a run for their money.  You are quite sensitive to your ears right now, any further teasing my result in the same result. However his still leaves you at a useless position as you have accomplished nothing at all, you could visit the bar though, maybe the armory.

You gained Ear sensitive ( Fun stuff happens when your ears are tickled!) for 2 turns.

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Killboard (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  peglegpengeuin (Dharma)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

3.Notes

Take your time. Turns will be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:22:21 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 6 [Don’t mess with Silk.]
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2012, 09:42:45 pm »

(To just the rest of my party, quietly) "Now I can't help but think, a group searching for artifacts could be one of two things; They could be simple profit hunters unaccustomed to fighting monsters and instead just sneaking through old crypts and robbing the dead.  Or they could be something similar to us, somewhat skilled professionals wanting money whether or not it's entirely legal.  I think we should offer to be their body guards and well, if they refuse we trail them and take what they find when they eventually run into trouble or if they accept we could make some good cash or even better, make some good cash and recover some artifacts.  No one says we need to make sure they get back as long as we get them there.  Of course if you guys would prefer the goody-two-shoes route we can risk our lives trying to save some merchant ass and then get paid sub-par wages by people already far to wealthy for their own good.  Either way I'm with you guys and I just wanna fight something at some point in the near future, this heat is starting to piss me off.

Oh and I wanna let you two know, I need some Cactus extract at some point, if you guys hear of anything lemme know.  By the same merit I would be happy to provide help, just don't go draggin me into something that I know nothing about."

Find the local merchants and ask about Cactus Extracts as well as any items that can be found in the desert that are relatively valuable.  Also ask if there are any monsters about that either have bounties on them or some valuable body-part or extract that they'd be willing to pay for.
Nom nom nom

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2012, 10:18:29 pm »

Orc skin is tough, right?

Hm.

Gunmirius will go and hunt something easy to kill. Like a deer. Sneak up, and set the crossbow into sniper mode, and take a powerful, and hopefully, one-shot kill.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2012, 04:07:15 am »

Oh i forgot to add, if it wasn't already a bit obvious Group 2 doesn't longer use the fluid time mechanic. That means that you are now in the Turima Desert, and i firmly believe that there are no deer around there :P
Durrr..

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2012, 04:31:05 am »

Drag Tetsuo to the local inn/pub/place for idle farmers to mill about when not at home and ask for information on anything they know about.

...play with Tetsuo's ears on the way. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2012, 10:26:51 am »

Use my cloak to pick up the book and avoid being shocked, and put it away.

"Have fun, I'm going to go the the Shop."

Do just that.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2012, 10:42:22 am »

Change dear to giant lizaards or something then. Can't you miraculously find me some easy goblins to kill? I want practice with the combat mechanics before a full-fledged fight.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2012, 10:51:07 am »

Change dear to giant lizaards or something then. Can't you miraculously find me some easy goblins to kill? I want practice with the combat mechanics before a full-fledged fight.

Sure why not, there are lots of enemies in the desert.
Durrr..

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2012, 11:49:30 am »

Oh good god, I just noticed. "Dear"..."Lizaards"...By all the GODS, I can't spell in mornings.

And, yay. Thank you, Mr. Zero.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2012, 11:56:06 am »

Tatsuo was a bit strange. He didn't have an reason to be so, and as far as he was concerned, his ears were not so sensitive as to get teased by anything, but the ghosts had somehow messed with them. Ghost magic? He had absolutely no idea.

Tatsuo just follows Silk.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2012, 04:38:49 pm »

EDIT: For clarity to anyone reading through this game, the following post refers to my first version of this turn where Dharma completely disregarded Khan and got drunk at a pub (again).

"You forget the third possibility, that they are bandits trying to lure in a greedy party with a fake treasure map or something. Even then, I do not think that us robbing adventurers would reflect well on the Monster Hunters, Khan. If we're adventuring with them, we should at least ask the locals if they know anything about them or the artifacts. As for dragging you into something you know nothing about... well..." Dharma leans closer to the orc, and in a hushed manner asks, "Do you know about sand witches? A scholar gave me a book on sand witches and asked me to translate it."

Ask artifact hunters about what they're doing, ask them if they'd like company. Find a cheap place for our adventurers to sleep for the night (assuming hunters do not offer to provide one). Ask the innkeeper (or whoever) about the artifact hunters.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:52:47 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15