Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 39674 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 7: [Rise of the Gaint sand worm!]
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2012, 01:39:31 pm »

((I'm just playing with my tail in the background.))
((Rawr.))

Tatsuo momentarily wonders what could be done...It could be a trap, but they lack any other clues to follow. They'd have to follow the man's advice, either they wanted or not.
Onwards to the graveyard. Keep dodging Silk's attempts if needed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2012, 05:59:20 pm »

Go hunting for animals and those bulb things the goblin wants.  If I catch any animals sell the meat in town for some cash.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2012, 06:11:44 pm »

Follow Tatsuo to the graveyard, playing catch the ears as we go.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2012, 08:00:06 am »

Hello guys, since i managed to hit the 40k words limit of a post already and since i didn't make reserve posts. I've made a new discussion thread, It's nearly the same as the previous one but slightly improved. From this moment i will use that thread.
Durrr..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2012, 08:35:28 am »

((Other than making a whole new thread, you can just post it in the...old discussion thread and then link it on the OP.

Takes much less work, and much less cache for Toady to host:P))

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2012, 08:44:11 am »

((Other than making a whole new thread, you can just post it in the...old discussion thread and then link it on the OP.

Nah, bro. As if one additional thread will clog toadies host.
Durrr..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2012, 08:45:58 am »

Nah, bro. As if one additional thread will clog toadies host.
((No I mean that you can just post what you want in the 'old' discussion thread and link it in the OP.))

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2012, 09:04:16 am »

I know what you mean, though i find that it's easier to find something if it's on the first page.
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2012, 08:17:05 pm »

Back to index

Turn 8:  New arrivals

Before you continue.

1. IMPORTANT, I’ve added the PER stat, look in the discussion thread for more information.
2. Peglegpenguin got replaced by Spinal_taper, also… Surpise! Tiruin is suddenly here.
3. If you like this then why not vote for a place in the hall of fame?
4. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.
5. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve. As I'm trying to improve my English writing skills, but as a non-native English speaker I’m having some troubles.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Odursel
Nothing this time!

Turima Desert
Nothing this time!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
Go hunting for animals and those bulb things the goblin wants.  If I catch any animals sell the meat in town for some cash.
(5) With the goblins request in mind, you venture out into the scorching desert. You’re planning to catch some animals, though you aren’t sure what kind of creatures could survive here. But quickly you find some small patches of long desert grass and within you spot some animal eating. Carefully you approach this animal. (4) Luckily the wind seems to be on your side and blows your smell away from the creature. Looking through the grass strands you can make out that it’s one of those horse-like animals… Camels?

The camel is still unaware of your presence, so it’s calmly chewing the grass. You try to figure out how you can quickly incapitate the animal. And come to the conclusion that firing at it isn’t the best choice, not only would you damage the hide, you’d also blow away the camel’s meat. Running after it with your cleaver isn’t worth it, considering that the camel can outrun you. No... The best option is throw a cannonball at it! With your orcish strength it shouldn’t be a problem, even if it fails you will simply retrieve your cannonball.

You grab one of your cannonballs and… (4) throw it at the camel. It hits the camel in the leg and most probably has…. (4) Bruised the camel’s right leg! The animal gets scared and starts running, though it has troubles with it. You are very certain that your kill won’t escape and chase it. After some minutes of running the camel trips and you catch up.

[Strength req: 6 Reached!] You quickly take the camel into a lock in which the camel cannot stand up, while it’s startling around you grab your cleaver for finishing blow. With some rough chops, you cut the head of the camel. You start dragging the body to the tall grass fields and leave it besides the cannonball. With the goblins request in mind you head out into the grass searching for these sweet beats.  (1) Unfortunately, your search only brings you one sugar beet. Luckily you got the camel to make up for this meager finding.

At the encampment you head towards the market, and find yourself quickly surrounded by goblins which want to buy the camel. In the end you sell it to the highest bidder which earns you a nice amount of money. In total you receive 1 crystalling, 4 goldlings, 2 silverlings and 1 bronzeling.

You gained 1 crystalling, 4 goldlings, 2 silverlings and 1 bronzeling
You gained one sweet sugar beet.

Spinal_Taper (Tyrion Answeller)
Appear! You arrive at the encampment in the Turima desert on your trusty camel, here I will make my career! Just as you arrive at the encampment, your camel acts strange. Wildly he shakes you from his back and runs into the desert. Great… You lost your trusty camel, but you’re not stranded in the desert. At the entrance of the camp you’ve overheard that there are some other hunters present here, so you go and find them.

You gained nothing!

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)
What the hell is Greenstar going to do with potions of horniness?
:-X I'm not telling.

First of all, Zero, do you think you could include whatever skill I got in my character thingy? Then my turns could be less vague when I'm posting and trying to perform it.

Second of all, Open up my Comedy Kit and take a look at what's inside. Prank a few villagers while waiting for the others to get back. Maybe search for a bit of coin while I'm at it.
You are wearing this comedy suitcase with you but you aren’t quite sure what its contents are. (5) You open the suitcase and find… a lot of things..Namely
•   Another bright red cape
•   Small electric stone (Binds a single item with a small electric shock, one use only)
•   Miniature smoke bomb ( This stuff can’t even produce on proper puff of smoke)
•   Long nosed Japanese demon-mask
•   Hamster transformation pill (Morphs you into a hamster for 2 turns)
•   Small wooden block crafted into the shape of your head (Damn, I look good.)
•   Black colored shiny hair wax in a small wooden container.

The items are totally random and totally designed to fool your opponents or allies. With a grin you equip the mask and wear the cap over your head. (2) It’s time to prank some villagers, so you find the nearest open window and start to make some creepy noises. At first nothing happens, but suddenly the door swings open and angry full grown man with a club runs out to get you.

You quickly realize you should run as the wind! (6) You are the living embodiment of the wind! I’m as fast the light itself! You outrun the angry man who quickly tires himself after a while and returns back to his home. While you keep sprinting into the forest, you stumble upon Silk and Tatsuo. You stop running, and follow them to wherever they are going.

You gained another bright red cape
You gained Small electric stone (Binds a single item with a small electric shock, one use only)
You gained Miniature smoke bomb ( This stuff can’t even produce on proper puff of smoke)
You gained long nosed Japanese demon-mask
You gained Hamster transformation pill (Morphs you into a hamster for 2 turns)
You gained Small wooden block crafted into the shape of your head (Damn, I look good.)
You gained Black colored shiny hair wax in a small wooden container.

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
What the hell is Greenstar going to do with potions of horniness?

Gunmirius will wander off to wherever the hell the Orc is, and explore the shops. He'll try and get a quest too, he needs money!

Also, that worm fight went AMAZING.
(2)You follow the orc but suddenly he merges into a mass of other orcs, in this confusion you lose sight of him. Also because you are in this big crowd you get bumped around a lot and even crushed twice.  Great. Well, you can at the least still search for some way to earn some cash. (3) You search for hours and find nothing of particular interest or anything that is even worth your time, you return to the haystack which Dharma(Now replaced) told you about and take a nap.

You gained Minor bruises on whole body.!

Ironyowl (Silk)
Follow Tatsuo to the graveyard, playing catch the ears as we go.
(2) No, you’re not done yet with him. His ears must suffer! Hyaa! You jump towards him again, but…. He does a barrel roll and you trip.. You land on your face and bruise your left cheek, Tatsuo is however kind enough to help you back up. While you get the dust of yourself, he continues the path towards the graveyard. You catch up rather quickly and see the same as Tatsuo.

You gained bruised left cheek

Caellath(Tatsuo)
((I'm just playing with my tail in the background.))
((Rawr.))

Tatsuo momentarily wonders what could be done...It could be a trap, but they lack any other clues to follow. They'd have to follow the man's advice, either they wanted or not.
Onwards to the graveyard. Keep dodging Silk's attempts if needed.
With haste you make your way to the graveyard, where unholy creatures of the night reside and where the grave diggers went to. (4) How does this this human saying go “”Do an barrel roll?, because that’s exactly what you do when Silk once again lounges towards your ears. Though she trips this time, and falls. You are kind enough to help her up. While she’s busy dusting herself, you continue your walk once again to the graveyard. You arrive there first, with silk being second and Arnok third. Arnok seems to be wearing a mask for some reason and apparently was in a hurry to get here.

The graveyard looks just as sinister as the surroundings.  Tombstones are placed everywhere, they are old and cracked. Some look they’ve been here for a very long time. The moonlight illuminates a thin but thick blanket of mist covers the graveyard. In the distance you can see a small light source emitting from the mist, maybe they are the grave diggers?

You lost Ear-sensitive
You gained 6/7 Competent acrobat

Tiruin(Theri Aria )

Appear! You finally arrive in Odursel after one of the carts broke down and had to be repaired. You couldn’t get into any of the other carts so you had to be left behind for a short while. But finally you have arrived into this sinister town. One of the first things you saw is how some long-nosed demon ran into the forest with a chubby but muscled guy chasing him with a club. Well, something’s going on there……

You gained nothing!

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Killboard (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Spinal Taper (Tyrion Answeller)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

Quote from:   Tiruin (Theri Aria)

3.Notes

Take your time. Turns should be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:09:22 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 8: [New arrivals]
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2012, 08:24:07 pm »

"Wait. I've got this."

Drink a potion of Night Vision and check out the source. And the surroundings. Maybe try to scare the people off.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2012, 08:30:25 pm »

Tiruin, your sheet is still under construction. have patience.
Durrr..

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 02, 2012, 09:36:02 pm »

"Hey! You guys!"
Join the others, look over their stuff, current equipment and just try to get a full status report.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2012, 09:43:52 pm »

Tiruin, your sheet is still under construction. have patience.
((I didn't say anything! XD))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2012, 09:46:16 pm »

Gunmirius will continue with his quest to find...A quest! That hopefully pays well. Or, maybe some camels to sell, y'know.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2012, 05:53:23 pm »

*cough*
Durrr..
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15