Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 39668 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 9: [Are you feeling alright Arnok?]
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2012, 08:41:25 pm »

"I suppose," Silk answered, sounding a bit bored. Blegh, something coming from the trees. How dangerous could it be if it was taking its sweet time like this?

Practice with my naginata while waiting for whatever it is.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2012, 08:44:42 am »

hello guys, turn is like you have noticed late and still not here. This is due to the fact that i was buried under homework/projects previous week, so i didn't have much time to finish the turn. However, the turn is half-way done and should be up this week with some overhaul & new things for the discussion thread.

so forgive me for this, but i had to unfortunately prioritize things. The RTD wasn't high on that list, even though i like doing it very much.
Durrr..

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2012, 04:01:54 pm »

Man just having an fyi that you are busy is nice :D  Don't worry bout speed bro the rtd is far more awesome then a little delay is annoying.
Nom nom nom

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2012, 07:22:31 pm »

Back to index

Turn 10:  Not again Arnok...

Before you continue.

Ye be loving some 504 errors folks? Cause i do!

0. IronyOwl and Greenstarfanatic, you both have chosen no color. Give me your text color. Also, Tiruin. Could you specify the code for your color?
1. Sorry for this late-ish turn, got swamped with homework and projects. Can happen again in the future.
2. What's an FYI? I've seen it a couple of times but i've never gotten interested in the meaning of this.
3. If you like this then why not vote for a place in the hall of fame?
4. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.
5. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve. As I'm trying to improve my English writing skills, but as a non-native English speaker I’m having some troubles.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Odursel
Nothing this time!

Turima Desert
Nothing this time!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
Khan thinks to himself "Well if they wanna lead us off into no wheres land and expect us to really protect them for free it's a bit of a laughing matter to me.  I'll happily protect their equipment and gold but if the idiots wanna become worm food that's all good with me."    Khan then says to the rest of the group, "I believe we should take those treasure hunters up on their offers, we are not going to find any good hunting around here and wandering off into the desert by ourselves might be a bad idea." 
Go see if I can buy myself a helmet of some kind and some study armored boots.  Also try and see if there is an explosives salesmen around and if i have spare money browse what he has to offer.

You think it's about time to head out. But first, i should spend my money. Because who knows when i will return, if at all. You head off to the market and find a huge amount of goblin traders which all want to sell something to you, though you deny most of them.  After walking around for a bit you find what seems to be a blacksmith, the orc which works there shows his fine wares to you. You carefully browse his goods and buy a pair of worm leather boots which are reinforced with iron padding and no helmet, which you wanted to buy. The orc doesn't have any and he advises to buy a desert hood against the sun and heat. It's way cheaper from what he says and it's more useful in this environment because you can easily camouflage yourself as well. 

You also ask the orc if he knows any merchants which sell explosives, he says that there are none because it is too dangerous to make explosives in this heat. He informs that it would ignite in no time if there would be any, and goblins are risky traders but dear their own live above all. You give out a sigh of disappointment but thank the orc for his service and information. The price was also quite nice for what you got.

With the new goods you've bought, you make your way towards the haystacks to pick up Tyrion. From there you make your way to the relic hunter tent.

Again you are greeted by Kael.

"I see you brought your friends with you.. odd friends i must say..

Listen Khan, you know that we will not pay you for this. But we won't let our guards starve to death.

However I'm not physically fit to pack up all of the camels and neither is my accomplice.

It's the least everyone can do, that is to pack up their own camel.

You can do it anytime but you have to do it before tomorrow, since we'll depart then."

You go and tell Tyrion that he has to do this as well, the only person who you are waiting for is Gunmirius. You have no idea where he is though.

You gained Desert hood
You gained Iron reinforced worm-leather boots.

Spinal_Taper (Tyrion Answeller)
Tyrion bites his lip as Kilakan gripped his hand and shook it with the comparative strength of an ogre. He pulls his hand away from the orcs grip, gripping it to try and and ease the pain.
"Look, I'll go with you. With a grip like that, I'm fairly certain you could handle anything."
Help orcy boy.

The next day Khan packs up his goods and leaves with you towards the tent of the relic hunters. Inside the tent you see Kael, which promptly greets Khan and has a little chat with him. After a while, Khan walks up to you and says that you,he and some other guys have to pack the camels with food & drinks for the journey.

It's heavy work as you have lift baskets of food and huge water skins with water. But it's necessary to not die of starvation in these deserts.

After some heavy work, you plummet into the comfortable nearby haystack. You're sweaty, but satisfied about packing your camel.

You gained nothing!

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)
Attempt to stop throwing up long enough to regain my sanity and figure out what happened. And maybe loot the bodies.

(3) You barely manage to stop throwing up and try to regain your senses. You gulp and calm yourself down with the thought that this is for the monster hunters. For a split second you think up about looting the bodies but on a second thought.... no. You refuse to touch them.

You would touch a fresh corpse, someone you just killed but not that. That is something that is beyond damage that could be caused by a human.

Before you even know it something arrives from the woods and you find yourself puking again in disgust.

[Locked in combat, you are unable to perform an action.]

You gained nothing

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
Gunmirius will craft that tooth into a bolt! Purchase any materials required, as well.

You decide to make Sand worm bolts, though you lack the materials for it. 4 hours, 1 goldling and 4 silverlings later, you find yourself at the haystacks with woodenstick, feathers, carving materials and misc. items to keep the arrows together.

(3) With your inexperienced abilities you somehow manage to carve the tooth into 8 pieces which will be the tips, make precise cuts in the wood and add everything together resulting in 8 bolts. They aren't the best quality bolts, but they will do. You didn't however learn anything new while doing this.

You lost 1 goldling
You lost 4 silverlings
You lost gaint worm tooth
You gained & lost woodensticks
You gained & lost feathers
You gained & lost misc. items
you gained bone carving kit (2 Chisels, knife, splitter)
You gained 8 worm tooth bolts.

Ironyowl (Silk)
"I suppose," Silk answered, sounding a bit bored. Blegh, something coming from the trees. How dangerous could it be if it was taking its sweet time like this?

Practice with my naginata while waiting for whatever it is.

"What kind of fearsome monster is this slow?"

Bored you start practicing with your naginata. (5), you stab around in the mist honing your abilities of controlling the naginata. You couldn't be bored more until something appears from the woods....

You gained 2/4 Novice Naginata User

Caellath(Tatsuo)
((I saw the new stat and thought you'd default to PER 5 for anyone who didn't say anything. PER 5 for me, please.))

"The situation there does not look good. We should search for a defensive position." Tatsuo says, adjusting his ninja mask and positioning the index and middle finger of his right hand in front of his face, his left hand drawing his Fuuma Shuriken.

His eyes narrow and he prepares for what is to come.

Stay wary and prepare for an attack, using acrobatics to stay atop a tall tree and take a vantage spot. Use acrobatics to dodge incoming strikes.

(5) You prepare yourself for the incoming battle, your sense heighten, your muscles increase their tension and your concentration increase. Your body is preparing itself both mentally and physically for the upcoming battle, because dozing off now could cost you your life.

The tree that you are on is the best possible location you can be at of this moment, so you stay in there.

You gained nothing

Tiruin(Theri Aria )
"Tell you what," Theri replied, "I'm a lone Hunter, able to do my deeds effectively, and my ride is undergoing difficulties at the moment. I know not of any other allies in this area, but I will aid you - and your daughter - in whatever you need. Tell me of this that troubles you good human."

Ask and know! Compliment soup.

The man gets a tear in eye, before he wipes it off.

"Thank you..

Thank you so much.. This is very big for me and my daughter."

He nearly started crying but didn't.

"Listen carefully.

There are 2 dangers which keep me from leaving this place.

The first danger is the abomination, it smells you where ever you go. Then it comes for you, to kill and eat you.

The second danger is the way out of these woods and the creatures that dwell within. The only reason why they aren't attacking the village is because our mayor is a vampire. We have known him for longer than some of these houses exist, the creatures fear him and don't attack the village as a result. But everything outside the village is dangerous.

I've got a few idea-"

Something interrupt the man, as both of you hear a horrifying roar.

"Oh no... The abomination is nearby.. And it found a prey...

IF you have any friends which came here, you'd might want to help them.."

What now?

You gained nothing!

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Killboard (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Spinal Taper (Tyrion Answeller)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

Quote from:   Tiruin (Theri Aria)

3.Notes

Take your time. Turns should be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:44:41 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2012, 07:24:08 pm »

Grah, double post because of 504.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:53:10 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 10: [Not again Arnok...]
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2012, 08:02:55 pm »

((Hooray for double posts! And For Your Information, Arnok has always been Red when he talks. Otherwise, I'll use Red GLOW. Finally, I should just continue in combat before I post a new action, right?))

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2012, 08:19:48 pm »

Gunmirius will try and find a poisons/etc dealer, to envenom the bolts with a powerful (and hopefully deadly) poison!/b]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2012, 11:19:39 pm »

Code: [Select]
[color=skyblue]This is my color code. :P[/color]
"I'll just call them on the way, thank you for your knowledge kind sir."

Theri picked up her bow as she called out to her allies in a sharp whistle, before continuing on the hunt of that abomination - preferring to attack it from an indirect angle, perhaps an ambush or to cripple it before engaging.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2012, 07:49:32 am »

((@GM: Weren't we facing the beast over quicktopic?))

Initiate and continue combat(?).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2012, 08:45:04 am »

"Well Tyrion, I believe now all that is really left to do is find our little gnome friend, finish any packing and then get a good nights sleep!"  Khan chuckles a bit at the amount of effort Tyrion expends packing, "You know if you keep exhausting yourself so thoroughly, the monsters will have a very easy meal.  Just don't let the herbivores get you.  How about you go look for the gnome while I make sure everything's packed?"
Khan will pack up his camel and possibly help pack the traders camels to get a good idea at what sort of stuff they are bringing, if there is time before nightfall he will help look for the gnome and/or pack the gnomes camel since he'd have a hard time at it.
Nom nom nom

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2012, 11:09:16 am »

"Gotcha. Also, I gotta be prepared, otherwise we'll run outta supplies or sumtin."
Pack. Go!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2012, 09:50:06 am »

Guys fighting the cough beast, somethings up. Alo turn up today...
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2012, 04:15:37 am »

Back to index

Turn 11:  Smooth talking.. or not.

Before you continue.

0. Laziness....... damn it. Not dead yet though.
1. Guy fighting he beast, would you check it more often? I've posted a full action some time ago, and nobody posted yet. :'(
2. Caerwyn, can i have your text color.
3. Vote for a higher place in the Hall of fame
4. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.
5. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve. As I'm trying to improve my English writing skills, but as a non-native English speaker I’m having some troubles.

Odursel
Nothing this time!

Turima Desert
Nothing this time!
1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
"Well Tyrion, I believe now all that is really left to do is find our little gnome friend, finish any packing and then get a good nights sleep!"  Khan chuckles a bit at the amount of effort Tyrion expends packing, "You know if you keep exhausting yourself so thoroughly, the monsters will have a very easy meal.  Just don't let the herbivores get you.  How about you go look for the gnome while I make sure everything's packed?"
Khan will pack up his camel and possibly help pack the traders camels to get a good idea at what sort of stuff they are bringing, if there is time before nightfall he will help look for the gnome and/or pack the gnomes camel since he'd have a hard time at it.

While Tyrion is huffing and puffing, you are still nowhere near tired after packing the gnomes camel. You say some things to Tyrion and walk around the camp to see if anyone needs help with packing. The orc's, tigerman and Salamnder refuse your help but in the end, you help a human and a duo of goblin brothers.

The human comes from a coastal town at the edge of the dwarven kingdom, he's a bard as far as he told you. You hope in the name of the elemental gods that his music is good. Except the food & water, he has: a lute, flute and a small drum with some other misc. items.

The goblin brothers come from the biggest goblin town that stands in the Horseman fields. They both are explosive scientists and thus are generally interested in your canon. Except the food & water they have: A variety of explosive flasks, powders, flintlock pistols and brown/grey rocks....

Somewhere in between Kael comes and says that you will departure tommorow (next turn) and that the journey will be 3 night cycles(3 turns). Nightfall is almost upon us and it will be hard for searching the gnome in the dark. You think that a night of sleep will be better and then search for the gnome in daylight.

You gained nothing

Spinal_Taper (Tyrion Answeller)
"Gotcha. Also, I gotta be prepared, otherwise we'll run outta supplies or sumtin."
Pack. Go!

You've just packed your camel and there's not much else to do expect help Khan with packing the gnome's camel. You finish the job quickly and have nothing left to do. Until you see Kael walking around the tent, talking to everyone. He tells you that you will departure tomorrow(Next turn) and that the journey will take 3 night cycles (3 turns). With this in mind you decide to take a rest after the tiresome packing and will find the gnome tomorrow.

You gained nothing!

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

You have to talk yourself out of it.

[Locked in story, you are unable to perform an action.]

You gained nothing.

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
Gunmirius will try and find a poisons/etc dealer, to envenom the bolts with a powerful (and hopefully deadly) poison!/b]

(2) Your new bolts can't get stronger at the moment, unless you use poison. The desert houses lots of poisonous creatures, so a poison merchant should be around right? Well, that's what you thought. But in reality, you don't find any local trader. Perhaps, it's more of a black market item so local merchants won't put it on sale in their front rows.

Walking around you spot a shady goblin between 2 tents, you try to test your charms with him. [Charisma req: 8! Not reached]

You approach the goblin and ask.

"Hey.. Do you know any poison dealers?"

The goblin looks surprised at you.

"What are you talking about skinny dwarf? I'm just a goblin, i don't know any."

"You better not lie to me, i have been a ruthless pirate. It's the past now but the quirks remain.." You over exaggerated a bit, but it should hopefully force him to say something.

The goblin smirks.
"That's the best you can think off? I got friends which would skin you alive just for the fun of it.

You should better go away, you don't want to get into trouble around here. Because nobody can hear you in the desert"

You feel slightly scared now and quickly take your leave not looking back at the goblin. That didn't work out as planned. But now you're wondering where the others are. But nightfall is upon you soon, so you go and take a good night sleep before doing anything new.

You shat your pants gained nothing

Ironyowl (Silk)

You gained nothing.

Caellath(Tatsuo)

You gained nothing

Tiruin(Theri Aria )

You gained nothing!

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)

Quote from:  Spinal Taper (Tyrion Answeller)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

Quote from:   Tiruin (Theri Aria)

3.Notes

Take your time. Turns should be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:23:23 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 11: [Smooth talking.. or not.]
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2012, 03:52:53 pm »

Guys :'(, i haven't forgotten you... so don't forget me  :(
(Those in quicktopic as well)
Durrr..

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 11: [Smooth talking.. or not.]
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2012, 03:55:05 pm »

Scout out the area in the vague direction of our destination. Do some hunting, but not explicitly of monsters. Small game, more likely.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15