Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 39683 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 11: [Smooth talking.. or not.]
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2012, 04:34:32 pm »

Guys :'(, i haven't forgotten you... so don't forget me  :(
(Those in quicktopic as well)
((Posted some time ago. I had seen the turn, but got a bit busy these last two days and couldn't get a good post going. Posted some hours ago, though.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2012, 04:45:10 pm »

Angrily, Gunmirius will use his incredible agility, speed and dexterity to rob nearby people!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2012, 06:39:46 am »

Guys :'(, i haven't forgotten you... so don't forget me  :(
(Those in quicktopic as well)
((Posted some time ago. I had seen the turn, but got a bit busy these last two days and couldn't get a good post going. Posted some hours ago, though.))
((Done mine, if I don't post within 2 or so days from the next turn, I trust IronyOwl//Caellath to act in my stead ^^

Because prelims. And exams. Which are the same thing. And last-minute-workload because all those storms hitting our archipelago D: ))

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2013, 03:38:58 pm »

Back to index

Turn 12: Stealing is not for rookies.

Before you continue.

0. Turima Desert people, FLUID TIME MODE IS ON.
0.5 Hohoh, had a nice christmas and new year? I hope you did, because i did!
1. People who are on quicktopic because of certain things, could you check a little bit more?
2. Caerwyn, can i have your text color. I think i lost it.
3. Vote for a higher place in the Hall of fame
4. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.
5. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve. As I'm trying to improve my English writing skills, but as a non-native English speaker I’m having some troubles.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Odursel
Nothing this time!

Turima Desert
Everyone arrives more or less on time, the sun is going down. So it's becoming night, but you all depart in one long chain of camels into the desert. The encampment is becoming a small light dot the further you go, until it finally dissapears.

It will take 3 nights till you reach your destination
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
Khan will look for a place to sleep for the night and if possible get something to eat come morning.  Avoid paying too much though since I do have some meat for breakfast if all else fails.

(6) You wanted to get some sleep, but not again in that same haystack. You felt like you need a good nights sleep in a good bed, with a breakfast just like in castle Volikmar.  Looking around the marketplace, you find the Black Grub Inn. This actually is a solid building made out of wood,stone and other things. You walk up to the counter and ask how much for a night with a breakfast. The Barmaid, who is a female goblin and actually looks hot, tell you that it'll be for 8 goldlings for both.

It's a reasonable offer, because this may be your last time here. You pay up and she gives you a stone black grub, which you need to show to get your breakfast.

Quickly you walk to your room, because it's late. The room is even better than in castle Volikmar, there's not much decoration but the bed looks very comfortable and it is! You tuck yourself in and doze off into the night.

The following morning you wake up at sun rising. You pack your belongings and head to the dining area, you hand the grub to another barmaid and she runs off. A little while later she come back with a plate.

"The finest cooking, slowly cooked sand grub in desert spices with some pork fat."

she lays the plate in front of you and the smell of it... man, it's heavenly. This is worth every coin. With some haste you chomp down your food. After resting a while you go search for the gnome, because leaving him behind here won't be the best idea.

You search the entire day, and almost give up until you stumble upon the gnome. Which is lying with his face down in the sand, knocked out of this world.

"By the elemental gods, what have you gotten yourself into?"

You pick up the gnome and head back to the camp

You gained well rested  & fed (+2 to any following action.)
You lost 8 goldlings.
You lost & gained black stone grub.

Spinal_Taper (Tyrion Answeller)
Scout out the area in the vague direction of our destination. Do some hunting, but not explicitly of monsters. Small game, more likely.

(3) With the whole day left till departure, you think it is a good idea to scout around the area. You walk around the encampment looking at the area, but the only thing there is sand, more sand and some sand grass. You'd like to hunt some animals or monsters, but all you could find were some rats or something that resembled it. But you had no chance to catch them as these buggers were way too fast for you.

In short you did nothing useful at all.

You gained nothing!

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

You have to talk yourself out of it.

[Locked in story, you are unable to perform an action.]

You gained nothing.

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
Angrily, Gunmirius will use his incredible agility, speed and dexterity to rob nearby people!

(1) Nobody says that to me! They will pay for this! I'm not a average rookie pirate, i was one of the scourges of the sea! You start running around, climbing tents, searching for any victims you can rob. You spot someone, and try to rob him. Sneakily, you reach your grubby hands into his pockets and..... he turns around.

He looks at you with a angry face.

"You know, If you'd actually managed to steal something. I'd hunt you down and break every bone you have. But .. no hard feelings. It's only fair." the orc said as he launched a massive punch towards your face.

You get knocked out straight away and hit the ground. KO!

You're quickly becoming unconscious but hear the orc saying something.

"Oh, that's a nice ring. I'll take it, trash."

before becoming entirely unconscious. 

You gained bruised face
You lost Minor bruises on whole body
You lost One silver ring with an encrusted topaz

Ironyowl (Silk)

[Locked in combat, you are unable to perform an action.]

You gained nothing.

Caellath(Tatsuo)

You gained nothing

Tiruin(Theri Aria )

You gained nothing!

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Well fed & rested (+2 to any following action)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Killboard (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Spinal Taper (Tyrion Answeller)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

Quote from:   Tiruin (Theri Aria)

3.Notes

Take your time. Turns should be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:43:35 pm by Jetsquirrel »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2013, 03:41:03 pm »

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....  I posted this with my other account..........

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 12: [Stealing is not for rookies.]
« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2013, 06:02:27 pm »

Holy crap, Mr.Zero is Jetsquirrel?

The plot thickens! Even though I mainly just remember you from a few games of mafia, I think.

Anyway, yeah, sorry. Not remembering to check quicktopic is one of the reasons I don't prefer it. :x
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2013, 07:32:46 pm »

The plot thickens! Even though I mainly just remember you from a few games of mafia, I think.

Anyway, yeah, sorry. Not remembering to check quicktopic is one of the reasons I don't prefer it. :x

oh god the horror.
Durrr..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2013, 08:35:47 pm »

So he's been playing it a long time before me O_o

No wonder...

Anyway, posted @ Quicktopic!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2013, 05:30:38 am »

bump

So he's been playing it a long time before me O_o

No wonder...

Anyway, posted @ Quicktopic!

yes, i did. But i suck immensely at it, so i rarely start playing them.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:53:51 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2013, 08:37:34 am »

Attempt to wake the gnome and get some answers out of him as to why the little bugger was knocked out cold.  Otherwise failing that, do what my namesake is and hunt monsters that could be nearing in on the caravan.
Nom nom nom

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2013, 01:14:46 pm »

Arnok sighs to himself.
"Ugh. That was some unneeded stress. C'mon Lily, let's see if we can find the rest of my team before we go see Arafiel."

Arnok smiles at Lily, before heading off to search the town for any sign of Silk and Tatsuo.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2013, 07:45:52 pm »

Onwards! Scout out ahead.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 13: [Thy beast hath fallen]
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2013, 10:16:47 am »

Back to index

Turn 13: Thy beast hath fallen

Before you continue.

0. Welp, this RTD ain't dead yet.
1. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.
2. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve. As I'm trying to improve my English writing skills, but as a non-native English speaker I’m having some troubles.

Odursel
Note: Your mini-boss battle is finished, though you are not currently in conversation mode. Check the battle-topic, final post is the link to the conversation.

After a short and full of surprises battle, unexperienced monster hunters Tatsuo,Silk and Theri have won with a Pyrrhic victory. Though they couldn't have done it without one of the legendary hunters, Van Graff. Cleverly he led the group into a trap to fight with the beast and to weaken him before he could finish it off. He also managed to save every single one of them, however they might not be this lucky next time. If they decide to battle a foe, that is far stronger than they are.

Link to story+battle.

Turima Desert

It will take 2 more nights till you reach your destination
1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
Attempt to wake the gnome and get some answers out of him as to why the little bugger was knocked out cold.  Otherwise failing that, do what my namesake is and hunt monsters that could be nearing in on the caravan.

(3) With the little gnome hanging over his camel, you decide it's time to wake him up and get some answers out of him. You could pour water over him, but i'd be a waste... So you do the best thing you can think off. You hold the gnome firmly and start shaking him with an occasional slap. After a minute or so, he wakes up. But from the looks of it, he's confused and still not quite there.

So you leave the gnome on his camel, while he comes to his senses.

You're no orc that likes to wait patiently, so you're wondering if there are any critters or monsters near the caravan. Looking around there is sand... and looking further, even more sand.... Nope, nothing nearby.

You gained nothing

Spinal_Taper (Tyrion Answeller)
Onwards! Scout out ahead.

(6) As an true adventurer, you go ahead the caravan. Hoping to find something worth notifying or alerting the caravan. With your trusty camel, Bero, you ride up medium-sized sand cliff. On the top, you see as far as the eye can reach desert, there is only sand. Though in the very distant horizon, you spot something. It's brownish and spans across the entire horizon.

You quickly run back to Kael and inform him about this. Kael says that it's just a very large sandstorm, and that with the current weather condition that it will hit the caravan within half a day. He also says not to worry, as his accomplice has ways to deal with this.

You gained nothing!

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)
Arnok sighs to himself.
"Ugh. That was some unneeded stress. C'mon Lily, let's see if we can find the rest of my team before we go see Arafiel."

Arnok smiles at Lily, before heading off to search the town for any sign of Silk and Tatsuo.
(-). You walk to the same graveyard, hoping that your friends are still alive. Underway, you notice a very awkward change of weather. The dark clouds move away and the sun starts shining, all kind of light is coming from the graveyard and a short while later, you can spot something flying into the sky.

With haste, you run there. Only to find nothing.
You do not find your friends nor the abomination. The debris of the destroyed tombstones is still there, so you didn't dream all of this. You conclude that something strange happened and that hanging around the graveyard might not be the best idea. So you return to the village. You enter the mayor's house only to find your friends, unconscious and some shady figure that is reading books. After a quick talk, you find out that he saved your friends, that he's named Van Graff and that he knows the mother of Lily.

You gained nothing.

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

(-) ........... You suddenly wake up with Khan slapping your face, with a very confused look you let him know that you're awake. Though you are unable to really talk or do something. That hit still hurts and you need to come to your senses.

You gained nothing.

Ironyowl (Silk)

[Locked in conversation mode, unable to perform an action... yet.]

You gained nothing.

Caellath(Tatsuo)

You gained nothing

Tiruin(Theri Aria )

You gained nothing!

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Well fed & rested (+2 to any following action)

Quote from:  Spinal Taper (Tyrion Answeller)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

Quote from:   Tiruin (Theri Aria)

3.Notes

Turns will come when it's done, since im currently working on 2 it might be late or soon. Just keep an eye out for this.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:44:13 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 13: [Thy beast hath fallen.]
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2013, 11:12:26 am »

((And it lives!))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 13: [Thy beast hath fallen.]
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2013, 12:57:07 pm »

"Cool. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be off to find Arafiel."

Be off. To find Arafiel. Maybe stop by that arms dealer again and see if he doesn't have anything that either Lily or I could use. Maybe sell my dagger if it'll help.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15