Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 39663 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 13: [Thy beast hath fallen.]
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2013, 02:48:38 am »

((I appear to have lost my quicktopic link. :x))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 13: [Thy beast hath fallen.]
« Reply #197 on: February 07, 2014, 03:05:49 am »

Back to index

Turn 14: Another quest?!

Before you continue.

0. Im a master Necromancer and thus i revive this.

1. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.

2. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve.

3. I know that some players are still in this, but some aren't. So if you would like to give a shot in snatching a place, head over to the discussion thread to see the character card and fill it in accordingly. The replaced persons may be Spinal_Taper, Kilakan or Caerwyn, however if they give a reply in the form of an action then they will continue playing with their character.

I cleared the reservation list due to it being old.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Odursel

After the pyrrhic victory and a quick trip to Arafiel’s mansion to recuperate, Tatsuo and Aria exit the mansion. They stand in the village center, but nothing has changed. It's still has the dark sinister feeling from the moment you've arrived here. From what Arafiel told, you have to go North-West into the darkwoods and see if you can find the Vargul hive.

Silk and Arnok are still inside the mansion and their plans unknown.

Link to fight .
Link to discussion.

Turima Desert

It will take 2 more nights till you reach your destination, the sandstorm is slowly closing in on the caravan. It troubles you and some consider the thought of turning back. The caravan comes to a stop and the hooded figure descends from his camel.

He starts whispering something while holding a necklace of some sort, with his staff he draws a circle in the sand around the caravan. Once finished the hooded figure stood in the center of the circle and tapped the sand softly with the head of his staff.

“Let’s continue, he’s done with the protection aura.”

Nothing visually changed around the caravan, but you put some faith into Kael that he’s not just a crafty robber or killer.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
(-)
You gained nothing

Spinal_Taper (Tyrion Answeller)
(-)
You gained nothing!

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)
(-)
You gained nothing.

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
(-)
You gained nothing.

Ironyowl (Silk)
(-)
You gained nothing.

Caellath(Tatsuo)
(-)
You gained nothing

Tiruin(Theri Aria )
(-)
You gained nothing!

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Killboard (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Spinal Taper (Tyrion Answeller)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

Quote from:   Tiruin (Theri Aria)

3.Notes

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:20:19 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 14: [Another quest!?]
« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2014, 03:51:43 am »

Theri tapped on a nearby lanternpost and felt the familiar echo of hollow wood.

"So, Tatsuo?" she said, only having known the other for a moment, and his name in far less, "what brings you around these areas? It's not usual that I see another one who looks a lot like me around."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2014, 11:53:19 am »

((I should have the new book in my inventory, right?))

Arnok gets up, puts the book away for now, and gestures for Lily to follow him outside.

"C'mon, we have things to do. I think. Whatever these doofs are planning, we need to be a part of it."
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2014, 09:21:52 pm »

"So how much longer is this sandstorm going to keep up?"
Ride with the caravan. Once the storm passes, go back to scouting.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2014, 09:31:30 am »

"I am a monster hunter and I was sent here; that is all there is to it. How about you?" As he answers, Tatsuo keeps walking, heading to the darkwoods.

Search for that hive in the darkwood. Stick to the forest's canopy.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 09, 2014, 08:35:35 pm »

Sent here? That means he's under a quest or an objective?
"Erm, more of free travel. Get to know the world, y'know. Get into the forces of Volikmar..for your own good and..enjoy life." Theri replied, following him in step.

Aid in the search-stick to the ground.

"So-" ermm.. "how was life before all this?"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:44:37 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 09, 2014, 10:00:15 pm »

Tatsuo glances at Theri as he prepares to climb one of the nearby trees. "Hardly exciting." His answer comes as he touches the bark with a hand as if to check for anything strange on it. Near-paranoid suspicion may go a long way when your safety is on the line, especially after the most recent events.

"I was expected to stay within the religious branch of the family and I consequently received little in the way of combat training before being sent off to Castle Volikmar. I did spend many hours praying and following religious ceremonies with my relatives in order to be 'touched by the divine', as they said." He explains.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2014, 01:32:13 am »

...Religious?

"You're going to climb, aren't you?" Theri says, watching her friend ascend to one of the lower branches,
"About the religion, erm...what was it about? Who did you serve and is there really anyone watching over us like what I hear?"
Yep, he's climbing.
"About the religion, erm...what was it about? Who did you serve and is there really anyone watching over us like what I hear? I could teach you a thing or two about combat!"
Like my whole life depended on it anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2014, 07:32:25 am »

"Well thanks Mister Arafiel!" Silk called into the darkness, before hurrying from the mansion.

Once on the street, she attempted to find where the others had gotten off to, giddily clutching her new book.

Find the others. Tussle Tatsuo's ears if successful. And I suppose aid in their search.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2014, 10:41:03 am »

"You... Don't know?" Tatsuo seems confused for a moment, staring at Theri with inquisitive eyes. There are few explanations for why she wouldn't know about their people's gods, and discarding amnesia, one of the most likely ones was... "Where were you born and where have you been living throughout your life?" he inquires, crossing his arms.
>Yes?

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2014, 07:32:07 am »

Good news for those that want to or wanted to join this RTD but we're unable to due to a full player roster!
Why? Well... 2 players, Kilakan and Caerwyn unfortunately failed to respond to my PM's or didn't notice that this arose from the dead. Since I'm eager to continue the RTD with a full roster.... i will unfortunately have to 'thematically' remove both Kilakan's and Caerwyn's PC's and allow 2 fresh new players into my slow moving RTD.

If you are interested in applying for a spot, please head over to the discussion thread and make a post with a filled-in character sheet. Afterwards i will review the applicants and accept 2 depending on the amount of work put into the PC, the rest will be put into the now emptied reservation list. Any questions concerning the RTD, always welcome in the discussion thread to prevent clutter.
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 15:[Shadows of the Sands]{Accepting 2 new players!}
« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2014, 05:09:31 am »

Back to index

Turn 15: Shadows of the sands

Before you continue.

0. Im a master Necromancer and thus i revive this.

1. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.

2. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve.

3. Good news? Since unfortunately Caerwyn and Kilakan both failed to provide me an action for the next turn, means…. There are potential spots for grabs! Head over to the discussion thread, fill in the character sheet as best as you can and then i will make a selection based on what you have written.

Odursel

After the pyrrhic victory and a quick trip to Arafiel’s mansion to recuperate, Tatsuo and Aria exit the mansion. They stand in the village center, but nothing has changed. It's still has the dark sinister feeling from the moment you've arrived here. From what Arafiel told, you have to go North-West into the darkwoods and see if you can find the Vargul hive.

The Kitsune duo departs with Silk and Arnok scurrying behind them.

Turima Desert
[ENCOUNTER ROLL:(2)= Bad encounter!]

Some times passes, you have no idea how long as sunlight i unable to pass through this thick sandstorm.
Things are going quietly but then Tyrion notices something. Shadows in the sandstorm, very fast they fly around the barrier just out of view.
”Kael, i don’t suppose that those moving shadows are a good thing.”

”No, they are not. GATHER IN THE MIDDLE.” He shouts.

The caravan is confused at first but they act fast.The camels farthest in the back, which are ridden by an Orc cannoneer and a Gnome are suddenly snatched into the sandstorm. Struggling can be heard, but the gnome perishes first as you hear his last dying call for help. A short while after in the distance you hear not a call for help but a warcry followed by a large explosion and an eerie silence of the sandstorm.

This doesn't last long as the shadows reappear but in lesser numbers, while the orc’s methods were successful they are far from efficient.

”What are they?” You ask and some of the other guards as well.

”Sand Wraiths. Manifestations of evil spirits bound to these deserts. Rarely seen outside sandstorms. Just don’t get grabbed into the sandstorm or you're done for. Arce, we need a larger barrier. I will continuously channel mana into the amulet.

Rest of you, we are not done yet, they will attack us. Protect me and Arce or we will be unable to maintain a larger barrier.”

Battle Initiated!

1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
(-)Deceased
You gained nothing

Spinal_Taper (Tyrion Answeller)
"So how much longer is this sandstorm going to keep up?"
Ride with the caravan. Once the storm passes, go back to scouting.
() ”How long will it take until the sandstorm subsedes? ”
”Hard to say really, they can last a couple of hours or a couple of days. Once we exit this valley we should exit the sandstorm.”

You gained nothing!

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)
((I should have the new book in my inventory, right?))
Arnok gets up, puts the book away for now, and gestures for Lily to follow him outside.
"C'mon, we have things to do. I think. Whatever these doofs are planning, we need to be a part of it."
(-) ”Let’s go Lily, we are going on an adventure.”

“To where?”

“Everywhere.”
[/color]
Lily doesn't hesitate in following you out of the mansion, Tatsuo and Aria are a little bit further down the road. You don’t want to be split again from them so you do a short sprint stopping just behind them.

You gained the book: Spark of Life

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
(-) DECEASED
You gained nothing.

Ironyowl (Silk)
(-) Silk exits the mansion just after Arnok,with the Necronomicon bound to her side by a leather strap. She nearly lost sight of the group but sees Lily in the far distance and on the ground her tracks.
You hurry and catch-up, but you are tired and drop all plans of attacking Tatsuo and focus on your surroundings.

You gained the Necromonicon

Caellath(Tatsuo)
"I am a monster hunter and I was sent here; that is all there is to it. How about you?" As he answers, Tatsuo keeps walking, heading to the darkwoods.

Search for that hive in the darkwood. Stick to the forest's canopy.
(-) You chat a little bit with Theri, but focus mostly on finding the Varghul hive. You find a tree that is slightly taller than the other making it just perfect to see above the treeline of the woods. You look around the horizon, you see some dim lights coming from the village, you see the graveyard and the destroyed treepath the behemoth took and in the far distance you see a small mountain line.

The general direction matches the position of the mountain line so the hive is most probably there.

You gained nothing

Tiruin(Theri Aria )
Sent here? That means he's under a quest or an objective?
"Erm, more of free travel. Get to know the world, y'know. Get into the forces of Volikmar..for your own good and..enjoy life." Theri replied, following him in step.
Aid in the search-stick to the ground.
"So-" ermm.. "how was life before all this?"
(-) The search is fruitless, but the settlement disappears behind the thick mist and countless of barren trees. On another note, all kinds of sounds can be heard in the distance of the woods. You are unsure if they are good or bad, but you should be aware of many dangers lurking in the woods.

You gained nothing!
((Cornflower blue is an actual color?!?))

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan/ DECEASED)
Well fed & rested (+2 to any following action)

Quote from:  Spinal Taper (Tyrion Answeller)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius/DECEASED)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

Quote from:   Tiruin (Theri Aria)

3.Notes

- I fixed a couple of typo’s
- Adjusted the duration of Theri;s orb to 2 turns
- Adjusted the description of Theri’s spell: Shining Arrow. By adding the effect that she herself is not blinded by it unlike the rest.
- I’m designing a graveyard for deceased PC’s.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:18:06 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 15:[Shadows of the Sands]{Accepting 2 new players!}
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2014, 01:24:10 pm »

((Before I post an action, what is Spark of Life? The Book or an actual Spell?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15