Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "More primordial beast viscera washing ashore than I expected, but that's okay."  (Read 4604 times)

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile

I wonder, is there any chance of the myth generator (even as it's shown at GDC or something) being released as a little standalone thing? I'd love to get my hands on it just for messing about with, although I'd love to be able to make a DnD campaign based in a world generated by this thing.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

I wonder, is there any chance of the myth generator (even as it's shown at GDC or something) being released as a little standalone thing? I'd love to get my hands on it just for messing about with, although I'd love to be able to make a DnD campaign based in a world generated by this thing.

I don't see why it would need to be standalone.  It's part of worldgen, which is literally the first thing that happens every game, and can be repeated immediately afterwards to create a new one if you didn't care for the first.  Also, if you want to make a D&D campaign, why not make a worldmap to go with the mythos, to boot?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't see why it would need to be standalone.  It's part of worldgen, which is literally the first thing that happens every game, and can be repeated immediately afterwards to create a new one if you didn't care for the first.  Also, if you want to make a D&D campaign, why not make a worldmap to go with the mythos, to boot?
The version shown at GDC wasn't part of worldgen, it was a standalone thing which is intended to be integrated into worldgen over the coming months.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I don't see why it would need to be standalone.

Presumably to get it now instead of waiting for DF to fully implement it.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile

I don't see why it would need to be standalone.

Presumably to get it now instead of waiting for DF to fully implement it.

Pretty much that. We also (as far as I know) don't know exactly how it will be implemented into the worldgen; If it were to do the myth generation between creating the world and simulating the history, if we're able to look at it when it's created the myths (I presume we'll be able to during worldgen, but who knows?), or whether our world is automatically assigned the first one it generates or if we're offered a choice.
Lots of little things that wouldn't stop me but would be inconvenient to me. I'd like to be able to go "Let's look at some world origins", open the thing up and be able to gen and look at one right then and there, and just pop another if I don't like the first one.
Pages: 1 [2]