Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48

Author Topic: Playerlogs from 2050  (Read 109729 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Playerlogs from 2050
« Reply #315 on: October 15, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »

Where do you think I was?  Got ordered out to Io, next thing I know, half the friggin' Belt goes dark.  It took months to get all of that nightmare sorted, if a loyalist on Deathgate had not hit the emergency signal EA would have been sitting on our entire database, they would have had every access code, every override, we'd have been dead in a month.  I tell you, Hellstar's crew has never been run so ragged since, I had ten traitors on board, including my weapons officer, that's how I lost the arm.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 15, 2013, 04:53:46 pm »

Oh yeah, it was a shame how many mining drones went dark after that. We're just lucky girlinhat's drones were still functional enough without support to hold their own. It really is scary how lucky we had to be to win.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 15, 2013, 05:11:08 pm »

As an ex-RnD, I'm very surprised that you aren't jumping for a part of the circus budget. I hear its been doubled recently.
As I said, some international courts are... not happy with me. I'll still be contributing informally, but I guess it's time for me to contribute on a higher level. Plus I hear the next technological leap will still take some time, so that field has calmed down a bit.
Baffler, technical training should not be a problem - just put me in contact with that guy, and we'll meet in EA's headquarters (or in hell, but there can hardly be a difference.)

Much like "Siemens" and the Rheinmetall-gau in Germany and the Catholic church over half of Itally and south Europe mind you.
Heh, my relatives live there, great country, great engineers - have you ever driven a Rheinmetall Nashorn MK III? I got to test one out for the cooperation agreement of '44, and they run smooth as hell. It's no miracle EA never jumped the channel; there may be internal strife, but when Gondor calls for aid... you know how we celebrated when those bastards tried to cross. I hear the water turned red from Cherbourg to Amsterdam.

Got ordered out to Io, next thing I know, half the friggin' Belt goes dark.
Oh, the resource shortage after that was a bitch - that's what we got for not properly defending our outposts. Our local prototyping factory stopped production for almost two months because we couldn't get some friggin' cryogenic capacitors - cryogenic capacitors, for crying out loud! Before the war, they were a dime a dozen! It hit the big manufacturing centers as well - ever wonder about the lack of air support during that time? You can say what you want, but those bastards know military strategy.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:38:36 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 15, 2013, 05:20:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: never mind, my freak out has been resolved.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:08:12 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 15, 2013, 05:24:02 pm »

This is rapidly becoming a forum game, isn't it...

I didn't know the circus budget was expanded. I didn't hear much about the work on that front during the war, but what I did was... disturbing. It's said Toady One himself headed the project, but it was actually my understanding that they had scrapped it entirely when they found out where the energy the glowing pits emanate came from. I didn't know there was a MK III from Rheinmetall either, after the fiasco with the MK II's engine cooling issues. I freely admit, though, that my work in the field hospitals didn't give me much view of the action, only the end results.

@Immaterial
It isn't all that odd anymore. I'm 55 and still fit for active duty thanks to longevity treatments.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Playerlogs from 2150
« Reply #320 on: October 15, 2013, 05:48:08 pm »

Immaterial, look at the thread title...
And yeah, the MK II's cooling. An aquaintance of mine was on the team that had a look at that one, invited me over one time - we grilled steaks on the armor, and the whole interior served as a giant gulash cannon. They had tweaked it, of course, but... it drives home the point.
In the end it turned out that they had messed up the design of the radiator, and most of the coolant flowed back to the engine wfter onlly having been in the radiator for a few seconds - and they only looked for a mistake in the engine...

Does anyone have an estimate on when the cease-fire will break?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 15, 2013, 05:54:03 pm »

I can honestly state without violating any agreements that I made during my recruitment that no one knows the entire story of the war, with the exception of the team I was on.  I can't talk any further because of the level of clearance required to get access to the information.  Hell, no one with the exception of maybe 3 people whom are outside of the team even know its name, let alone the entirety of what we did.  Suffice to say, there were times when 'luck' was us.

(This is rapidly becoming a forum game, isn't it...)

(Dibs on making the thread in FGaRP where we can hash out and record the entirety of the lore to keep things consistent.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 15, 2013, 06:28:23 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if EA uses any offensive we make against splinter groups as an excuse to say that we broke the treaty. And just today, an aircraft and spacecraft carrier set sail from the Naval shipyard here, sent to go deal with those very groups. Dark times are coming.

[If this does turn into a FGARP, someone should totally run a game set on EA day (Escalation to Arms day. And yes, I know it's not very punny.).]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 15, 2013, 06:37:28 pm »

[If this does turn into a FGARP, someone should totally run a game set on EA day (Escalation to Arms day. And yes, I know it's not very punny.).]

(Currently only compiling information here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132099.0.  The OP isn't so good right now, but it is a placeholder until more details are fleshed out.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 15, 2013, 07:24:54 pm »

When I entered the conflict we only had a couple dozen warships, mostly Urist class destroyers, served aboard the Ironblood as an ensign, I helped design the Morul and Cacame class during my stint in engineering.  once my commanders got wind of the tactical scenarios I was cooking up for field trials they promoted me to captain, and won't let me quit.  At this point I have to be 'jacked in at all times, Hellstar can't even be controlled by any of the kids they send up for training, guess the old girl's just absorbed to much of my personality.  They say that when I get to old to serve she'll have to be retired and her comp removed, but until then I get to operate on officialy detatched status, I can hire who I want, go where I want, and engage in any action I feel can further the restances goals.  to that end, I have ordered my ship abck to Earth orbital space, nothing like a display of force to keep those rich fucks in line.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 15, 2013, 07:27:38 pm »

I had something creepy happen in my game today.
I generated a world with 10 milion years of history.

Apparently after a nuclear war waged by humans and goblins that decimated most of the world humans began migrating to undeground fortresses bade by them earlier since most of the continent became utterly inhospitable in the first 10000 years of worldgen (due to nukes flying around).

Now they evolved into a bunch of beardless dwarves (well some have beards but most seem to perfer mustaches without beards or have goatees)
Interestingly inough they didn't mingle with normal dwarves at any point... in fact they phycially can't because the upper levels are controled by crazy elves and their beloved trees/animals and the nearest dwarven cive was on the other side of the continent.

Oh right the ground levels are HELL now. Radiation is not a problem after those years but the mutated fauna and flora sure are now.
EVERYTHING is lethal and forrests basically took over everything leaving only the underground reasonably safe... imagine Catachan... and now make it 10 times worse because the wildlife is controled by inteligent elves that breed like rabits and live forever constantly improving.

In fact i tried to clear the map of the mutated riff raff by breaching the circus but after a short battle the circus got completely overran and elves planted a forrest there.

A FORREST IN THE HFS!

While the ground level is hell most of (non elf) life takes placeu nderground with new settlements and underground highways constantly built between them.
I noticed that "Humans" are getting close to dwarven settlements as of late and a meeting of civilizations is imminent... i wonder if that peace treaty made almost 10 milion years ago still applies since it was never really revoked.

Oh and one more thing.
The price of sunberries and sunshine is triple the price of adamantine.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 15, 2013, 08:00:11 pm »

Attempt to find a similar syndrome to kitten rot and unleash it on the surface dwellers.
Crack-a-lack-a

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 17, 2013, 12:38:36 pm »

I can honestly state without violating any agreements that I made during my recruitment that no one knows the entire story of the war, with the exception of the team I was on.  I can't talk any further because of the level of clearance required to get access to the information.  Hell, no one with the exception of maybe 3 people whom are outside of the team even know its name, let alone the entirety of what we did.  Suffice to say, there were times when 'luck' was us.

Zanzet, you mean the Strike Team "Epsilon Alpha" (you know who I am talking about)? Yeah, remember that. If I remember correctly, I borrowed you guys a ship.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 17, 2013, 08:49:01 pm »

Zanzet, you mean the Strike Team "Epsilon Alpha" (you know who I am talking about)? Yeah, remember that. If I remember correctly, I borrowed you guys a ship.

Nope, that's not it for one simple fact: the team name and most of what it did cannot be written, without the 'redacted' thing replacing it.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 17, 2013, 08:53:59 pm »

Nope, that's not it for one simple fact: the team name and most of what it did cannot be written, without the 'redacted' thing replacing it.

oh then you have to be talking about the [REDACTED] Team [REDACTED][REDACTED]
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48