Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Arena  (Read 6759 times)

Abscondcrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident extremely sexy person.
    • View Profile
The Arena
« on: September 13, 2012, 03:58:48 pm »

THE ARENA OF CROW'S FALL

Greeting's to yee, oh sir [Or maddam? I'm never sure with yee humans.] who's pockets are heavy-laden will jewel and coin. Come to watch and bet on the great arena, have yee? Nay? Yee wish to form your own team of crazy bastards?? Oh my! Right this way grand one. The arena master is right over 'ere.

Hrm? Who's this Hrejji? Another gladiator? .. Oh? the tanned, battle scarred human looks over you appraisingly Well you just look like you'll get your team murderlised.. Teh.. Well, it's not my problem, if you have the money, you can have the team. he leads you over to a small prison, filled with various animals and humanoids, all looking as if they're simply bursting for a fight. So. Who'll it be mate?

FLUFF OVER

Welcome to the arena. I wont be using any mods. I might also change the version every now and then, but just know that it'll usually be a fairly new version. Rules may, and probably will change now and then due to circumstance. The arena set up before this one's OP disappeared before it truly begun, therefor I will be looking for a second and third in command to help out if I go MIA, or if I inform everyone that I need to piss off for a while, which WILL happen, I have a life, and am busy with freaking difficult studies. So Mrrr.

ACTUAL RULES

All managers [That'd be you] begin with 200 gold to spend as they so choose.

Now to have gladiators, you need "slots" to put them in. ALL slots are always active and working together at the same time. There for, if you have 2 gladiators, they fight together, not separately. Usually you have to pay 100 gold for a slot, +20 for each other slot. Therefor, if you have 1 slot, and buy 1, you'd pay 120. If you have 1 slot, and buy 3, you'd pay 120+140+160, equaling 420 gold. Luckily for you, you start with 1 gladiator slot, and so do not need to buy the first one. Aren't I generous?

What use are gladiator slots, though, without gladiators to fill them with? None, that's what.
Now currently, you all may only recruit humans, goblins, elves and dwarves as gladiators, all of who cost 60 gold each. This is because I have decided that, after quite a bit of testing, that they are all fairly equal in fights. If you disagree with me, then instead of whining about it, hire the one that you think is overpowered.  :P

Of course you wouldn't want to send your new warriors in naked, without weapons, would you? Of course not. That's where these babies come in.

Weapon/Base price
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Body armor/Base price

Hand+foot armor/Base price

Shield/Base Price

Headwear/Base price

Leg armor/Base Price

If there is NO star next to the Base Price, choose one of the following materials and times the base price by the material modifier. That would be the cost of the weapon or piece of armor.

Metals/Modifier

If, however, there is a star next to the base price, times said base price by one of the following skins, giving you your cost.

You can also buy skill levels from any skill available in vanilla dwarf fortress, although some may be fairly useless.
For the each level in a skill, you pay 10 gold. You also pay an additional 10 gold for each consecutive level. If you have 0 skill in X, then buy 1 skill, you pay 10.  If you have 1, and buy 1, You pay 10, plus another 10 for the level you already have. Simple enough, yes?

If you want to get some money back, you can sell back items for half their value. While you cannot sell skills back, you CAN sell gladiators back for half their original buy value + the value of all their skills added together then halved.

Now here comes the fun part, earning more gold.
To earn more gold, you need to fight either other gladiator teams, or animals/animal men/"npc" gladiators, or lastly, participate in the events I will put up every now and then.

First up are the four "weak" enemies you can fight, right off the bat.

"The Mascot", A Hamster man. Reward: 5 Points, The Fail Medal. [The fail medal cannot be obtained in this way if already owned.]

Wolf. Reward: 25 Gold

Tiger. Reward: 100 Gold

Gorilla. Reward: 250 Gold, The Warrior medal. [The Warrior medal cannot be obtained in this way if already owned.]

There is a point to these medals, I'm just not totally sure what they are yet  :D

Fighting other gladiators earns you half their worth.  [So if you fight someone who has JUST entered, you would earn 100 gold.] If you decide to "bet", then you will earn exactly what they are worth, however, you will lose half of their worth if they lose. You may not "bet" if your left over gold would not be enough to pay off your loss fees.

Now here's where it gets a little bit complicated. Every day, you need to declare who or what you want to fight, or if you want to participate in the current event, [When there is an event, its post will be linked here].
If you choose to fight an npc, it happens automatically. If you choose to join an event, it will probably be automatic, depending on the event. If you choose to fight another managers team, you will definitely face said other team however, the other manager may choose to not actually partake in the fight. What this means is that you will receive your points as normal after the fight [or not, if you lose], while nothing happens to the other team. However, if the other manager chooses to partake in the challenge, you will both automatically lose a further 25 gold [this CAN drag you into the negatives]. Now, if the manager's team who is being challenged wins, they will get the gold instead of the challenger, they can also "bet" in the same way as the challenger.

Now if someone battles an npc or other player, and is challenger by ANOTHER player, they can do both [or all] fights. However, a person can only challenge a single player OR attack a single npc him or herself, barring special circumstances.

I'm hoping I don't have to make a registration template. If someone requests one, however, I'll put it up.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:24:09 am by Abscondcrow »
That's what I think, anyway.

Abscondcrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Arena
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 03:59:22 pm »

Reserved.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 04:11:55 pm »

OK, for my Gladiator!
Gladiator 1: Elf, if possible. (60)
Name: Zaykon
Weapon: A bronze short Sword (70),
Armor: Wolf leather armor (42)
Skills: Swordfighter 1, dodger 1.
Fight 1: Tiger, please.
Leftover money: 8.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:59:29 pm by tomio175 »
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 04:12:21 pm »

Dude, you much work here. Figting with animals, interesting, but you will have too much work I propose only fights of gladiators. You should make like the Dbuhos's style, eventually, make it better.
Anyway, bronze is better than iron.

Abscondcrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 04:17:35 pm »

Tomio175: You have forgotten to choose, and pay for, a race. Please fix this, and you will get your fight against the tiger. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 fight today, unless you are challenged.

Volfgarix: The prices are according to the official games values, so meh. And adding animals as fights wont make much more work for me. *shrug* If you don't like the style in which I've done it, you don't have to participate.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 04:19:08 pm »

Tomio175: You have forgotten to choose, and pay for, a race. Please fix this, and you will get your fight against the tiger. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 fight today, unless you are challenged.

Volfgarix: The prices are according to the official games values, so meh. And adding animals as fights wont make much more work for me. *shrug* If you don't like the style in which I've done it, you don't have to participate.
Ninja'd while editing... Wouldn't have happened on my pc.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »

Are the prices the same as the other arena?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 05:06:20 pm »

iron sword and sheild
points in sword sheild and dodge
sprin human
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Abscondcrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »

Tomio175's Elf vs A Tiger

Tomio175-tl;dr

Scelly9: No, different mod, different races, different prices.

Sprin: You need to specify how many points you want in each skill. As well as what type of sword. Also, even if you took the very cheapest type of sword, with iron, you would NOT be able to afford any skills or a shield.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 05:33:59 pm »

This looks interesting. I'll give it a shot.

Gladiator 1: Human (60)
Armor: None.
Skills: Swordfighter 2, fighter 2. (60)
Leftover money: 10

I wish to fight a simple wolf for now.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 05:54:04 pm »

Gladiator 1: Human (60)
Armor: Copper mail shirt (40), Copper shield Buckler(28)
Skills:
Leftover money: 2

My first fight will be with the Mascot Wolf.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:57:44 am by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 06:04:58 pm »

Gladiator:  Dwarf, (60)
Weapon: Silver warhammer, (90)
Armor: Copper shield buckler  (28)
Skills:  Hammer 1, Shield 1 (20)
Leftover:  $2

Combat: Wolf!

edit.  oops, sorry for mix up with shield vs. buckler cost.  Ansonton, i guess you can only afford the buckler for 28 as well
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:26:07 pm by smakemupagus »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 06:23:09 pm »

Gladiator: Human (60 gp)
Weapon: Copper shield (52 gp)
Armor: Copper buckler (28 gp), wolf leather headscarf (10 gp)
Skills: Shield user 2 (30 gp), Dodger 1 (10 gp), Misc object user 1 (10 gp)
Total: 200 gp

Stage Name: The Tortoise
History: The Tortoise was a common thug until captured. He was rescued from the penal mines by a dragonslayer who likes the arena. Now he wants to try and impress his master to earn his freedom.

First Fight is against The Mascot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 06:51:24 pm »

hi.
can i have a goblin, with a wooden crossbow & 10 copper bolts
wolf leather armour
novice crossbow skill

i will fight the gorilla.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 07:00:18 pm »

Why does no one else have a description or history or anything?

Also, can we create names and descriptions and stuff for the gladiators' sponsors?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6