Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wells wont work  (Read 1186 times)

Daint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wells wont work
« on: September 16, 2012, 06:18:16 am »

I currently have 3 wells all stacked on eachother, they all say they are active but i see no dwarves drinking from it, i read something about making a water source zone on the water but it does not seem to make it work either, any help?

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wells wont work
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:41:38 am »

If it says "active", then it works, otherwise it would say "dry".

Dwarves don't drink water, they drink booze. Only in times of emergency or in case of wounded dwarves they will drink water.

Daint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 07:42:33 am »

ahh, i see, i had alot of booze, no need for discusting water :) another quick question! i captured alot of goblin and want to make them training material for my eager recruits, how can i take their weapons and armor so they wont put up as much of a fight? :)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 08:19:50 am »

d-b-d over the cages, k and undump the cages themselves. Assign dedicated haulers. Wait.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 01:56:00 pm »

d-b-d over the cages, k and undump the cages themselves. Assign dedicated haulers. Wait.
That alone won't work, since enemy equipment is forbidden by default (to prevent your idiotic soldiers from claiming it as part of their uniforms) - you also need to reclaim the cages' contents using d-b-c.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 03:49:36 pm »

That alone won't work, since enemy equipment is forbidden by default (to prevent your idiotic soldiers from claiming it as part of their uniforms) - you also need to reclaim the cages' contents using d-b-c.
Oops, forgot that part. Sorry.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.