Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Survive: A Mystery/Survival RTD  (Read 8352 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Roll to Survive: A Mystery/Survival RTD
« on: September 13, 2012, 09:42:49 pm »

You wake up and discover an empty city.

It is Chicago on Christmas Eve, 2012. There is no one around. You must try and figure out what's going on while not dying.

I will take five characters at a time. Actions for these characters may be suggested by anyone once we get started, although the original poster will get precedence. I'll do my best to incorporate all actions for a given character, though.

You may submit characters for when the current set buys the farm. A character submitted must have at least the following traits:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Submitted characters will be added to the Waiting List. The character on top will be the first to be added, obviously.

Current Characters:
Spoiler: Victor Sulu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jessica Blanc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eric Romani (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Robert Johnson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Adrien Haw (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:38:09 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive: A Mystery/Survival RTD
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 09:46:46 pm »

First in.

Name : Victor Sulu.
Profession : MMA Teacher.
Description : 6 Ft 4 and extensively muscled. Short black hair , Grey eyes and a Blue tattoo of a tiger on hes back with claw tattoo's running up both arms to the back of hes hands. ( Unique huh. )
Why i overslept : Up very late with a pair of girls " working out ".
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:51:00 pm by mesor »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:03:10 pm »

Hmm...I guess I'm in.

Name: Jessica Blanc
Profession: Chemistry Student
Description: Sleek Brown hair that's always kept in a ponytail, long white coat and (Normally) Green and Orange Clothes, deep blue eyes and a blindingly white smile. Jessica's primary course is chemistry, but she's not very good at creating anything useful.
Except  Explosives. Those happen a lot.
Why you overslept this day: She spent the whole night studying for a Math Test that she forgot about, and forgot to set her alarm for the morning. See kids? This is why you PREPARE.

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 10:33:24 pm »

Philip Anderson
Male
Age 33
Policeman

Description: Tall and thin, with close cropped brown hair which is starting to recede a bit. His eyes are blue, and he views the world through a watchful squint. He is a pretty nice guy, and generally has a friendly demenor. He takes his job seriously, and works to keep fit despite the long hours in a patrol car. He often jogs, which if I might suggest is probably what he is doing when he notices something is wrong. Since...

Reason To Oversleep: He is on "Administrative Leave" while internal affairs decides if he was justified in using lethal force in a recent shooting. He's kinda depressed about the whole situation and had no reason to get out of bed.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:37:10 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 10:37:37 pm »

In,

Name: Eric Romani
Profession: Janitor
Description: Short, greasy brown hair and equally greasy clothing. Almost never caught without a cigarette. And it would probably be best if he didn't hear one more smug line about your fancy degree or cushy IT job, capicé?
Why you overslept: When you're working the night shift, you have a tendency to not be conscious whenever there's sunlight. At least, that's what he tells whoever asks. More often he'll take off the night shift to visit some 'friends'...

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 10:44:55 pm »

Name: Robert Johnson
Age 22
Profession: Pizza Delivery Guy/History Student
Description: About an average height and quite thin, Robert dark hair is stylishly messy. He is an intelligent guy with a poor work ethic who is generally well liked by the people around him. He makes sure to keep himself aerobically fit and plays a number of sports but he is still a pretty physically weak man.
Why you overslept: A heavy combination of alcohol and pills will do that, Robert is lost, hungover and just really wants to get to his bed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 06:24:36 am »

Perfect! I'll write up the initial situation this afternoon. I'll have more time and less to do then.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 06:48:02 am »

Nice itll be around 15:30-16:00 in the websites time zone before i can post a move im on duty soon.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 08:16:59 am »

Name: Adrien Haw
Profession: Vehicle mechanic
Description: Adrien is of average build and slightly taller than the norm. As he works on vehicles he is fit, and has some strength to him. He's single, and, originally being from Vancouver, he recently moved to Chicago to see what life in the States was like. Adrien has a tendancy to get wasted on the weekends, which leads us to
Why you overslept this day: It was too expensive to fly back to Vancouver this year, so you stayed home and, feeling really homesick, got wasted Christmas night.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 08:25:47 am »

Leeme in!  I'm 7?

Name:  Cyrus (or pisskop)
Profession:  Grad student studying philosophy/psychiatry
Description:  Good features, strong posture, disciplined personality.  Believes in heavy austerity as the key to success.  However, as in this situation, he is prone to overindulge when he does relax.  While good looking and well-toned he is somewhat harsh and blunt in conversation.  [edit] 5'10", blue eyes, brown hair chropped into modified military cut.  High cheeckbones and large nose.  Small fingers and left handed.[/edit]
Why you overslept this day:  Got piss drunk (and hopefully laid) at chrismas party of friend's.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:41:43 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 08:31:32 am »

I love how many of us overslept because we were piss-ass drunk xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 10:44:43 am »

lol I wonder if everyone pulled out the last reason they overslept in real life.
(I didn't shoot anyone, but I do suffer from mild depression)

Except for mesor. I'm not buying it you bum. :P
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 10:51:31 am »

My character would have overslept because of depression/being a lazy bastard myself if I had gone on past experience =P Mostly lazy bastard =P

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 10:53:30 am »

Mine's just plain tired. She's resting off her explosive burns, as well.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 04:07:36 pm »

Sorry, Kedly and pisskop. I already chose the five I'm starting with. I'll put you on the waiting list; if someone dies, you can get people. Anyone can suggest actions for anyone, though.

Victor Sulu wakes up in his MMA studio with the girls he was "working out" with, Jamie and Gretchen. The three of them get some warmer clothes on and chat, considering what to do about breakfast, or perhaps brunch--it's about 10. After ten or twelve minutes and most of his second cup of coffee, Victor realises what's been bugging him since he woke up. It's quiet,with the sounds of the Windy City reduced to a breeze whistling across the new snow and the occasional pigeon trying to find a warmer spot.

Jessica Blanc wakes up around the same time, having fallen asleep studying for a math test. She was homeschooled, and her (divorced) mom was brutal about this kind of thing. She wouldn't get the morning off, and her afternoon was only free because her father couldn't meet with them on Christmas proper. She shuffled sleepily into the kitchen and wondered what time it was. Just after ten--WTF? Where was Mom? Jessica turned on the radio to listen to music while she made coffee and eggs, but nothing played but static.

Phillip Anderson woke up sadly. It's horrible, especially since it was Christmastime. Only another week until the hearing. He's late for jogging--three hours late, and he hasn't gotten breakfast yet--but who cares? He's got a free day. He sets out for jogging a bit after 10, and the first thing he notices is the snow, nice and white, almost covering the abandoned cars, doors left open, in both lanes pointing out. The Department's going to be busy today...

Eric Romani awoke suddenly. It took a moment to realize what woke him up--not noise, but silence. He got dressed and wondered what to do.

Robert Johnson slowly woke up. He noticed several other students doing the same. Man, what a wild party. Just imagine what tomorrow will be like. He got up, careful not to disturb the girl sleeping next to him, and tried to find his shoes when he noticed the most conscious students huddled around a HAM radio or something. He slurred a greeting at them, but they didn't respond. After another couple attempts at getting their attention, one of the students looked up and said, "The school's under quarantine. Be quiet, we're trying to listen."

What do these five luckless souls do? They have about two hours left this turn. (I've decided to divide each day into eight three-hour "turns," and each turn into actions as needed.)
Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10