Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: !!Science!! of launching dwarves against the map border.  (Read 12111 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: !!Science!! of launching dwarves against the map border.
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 04:38:02 pm »

Just deconstruct some coffins and see what happens...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jahsg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 01:02:24 pm »

I've deconstructed coffins to rebury selected dwarfs..and they have made it into their new homes  but i never bothered to check if the dwarf remained in his second to final resting spot

edit: Also, good science

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 03:42:00 pm »

I wanna see what happens when you launch a gobbo straight up and then let him fall. It's partially unrelated, but it can be done via minecart.
How do you get hostiles into minecarts?

Also, I second weaponisation, I can imagine a system where invading goblins are forced to enter a row of minecarts, and then subsequently launched off/into the edge of the map.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 04:03:53 pm »

Putting them in a cage and bashing the minecart against one wall to knock the cage out, then ensuring the cage hits another wall so the goblin is ejected from the cage. Or that's how I understood that first minecart science thread.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 08:15:11 pm »

Putting them in a cage and bashing the minecart against one wall to knock the cage out, then ensuring the cage hits another wall so the goblin is ejected from the cage. Or that's how I understood that first minecart science thread.

Yes. This also seems to work for any container, so you could eject seed barrels from a minecart, eject seed bags from the barrels, and then eject seeds from the bags using a triple-layer shotgun.

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 03:14:15 pm »

So burial chambers are completely optional? YAY!
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]