Once 4+ people have posted
- 3 (13.6%)
Once 2+ people have posted
- 1 (4.5%)
At least once a day; I don't care otherwise
- 9 (40.9%)
I HAVE NO STRONG OPINION ON THE MATTER
- 3 (13.6%)
I think it should work in a different way and will convey this in my next post.
- 1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Guardians of the Artifacts. The first adventurer appears.  (Read 25643 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Guardians of the Artifacts - a Dungeon Keeper Game. BUILDERS FOR EVERYONE!
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 10:51:27 pm »

NAME: Jak the Shady
SPECIALIZATION/TALENT: Dealing with vampires, werewolves, umber hulks, and other unsavory people

STATS:
STR: 3
DEX: 6
INT: 9
WIS: 8
PIE: 4

Should I write a backstory of some kind?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 10:53:12 pm »

"Hey, why can't we just chop down some trees and create a rudimentary watchtower or fencing at the entrance? A sign with 'Danger' or something would add to the effect..."

Glare at the builders for not understanding my dialogue!

Enter the cave and check the deeper inside with a torch for light...Any passages or cracks? Fissures in the rock or whatnot? What kind of rock comprises the cave?

"Does anyone wonder why we can't just seal the place up willingly, and whatever thief should go and dig for it himself?"
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:07:33 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 10:54:48 pm »

Oh, this has started?
...Is there some kind of waiting list?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2012, 11:04:01 pm »

Eventually figure out builders' purpose.

Buy stairs carved into the side wall of the artifact chamber, going up. Purchase a hollowed out area where it leads, two tall by two deep by one wide, to serve as a bedroom. Purchase 5 torches.

Total cost should be:
5 - Stairs
4x5=20 - Bedroom
5 - Torches
-
30 total
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2012, 11:07:20 pm »

You forgot to add the two chains to my inventory or subtract the gold cost of my improvements, unless the builders forgot to charge me of course, I would be totally cool with that.

Bid the builders goodbye (and try to get those chains from them goddarnit) and walk outside and survey the surrounding landscape (but don't go so far that anything could sneak in and steal the artifact).

Attach the physical chains to the side by side walls with my powers. Materialize as many other chains as possible and bind myself up until something else interesting happens.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2012, 11:20:39 pm »

Should I write a backstory of some kind?
If you like.

"Hey, why can't we just chop down some trees and create a rudimentary watchtower or fencing at the entrance? A sign with 'Danger' or something would add to the effect..."

Glare at the builders for not understanding my dialogue!

Enter the cave and check the deeper inside with a torch for light...Any passages or cracks? Fissures in the rock or whatnot? What kind of rock comprises the cave?

You glare at the builders! They are intimidated!

You check the cave walls for cracks and such. The walls seem to be a fairly sturdy form of obsidian, and there is a noticeable lack of cracks and fissures in the rock. The last sucker to guard this thing left the cave in pretty good shape, you guess.

Oh, this has started?
...Is there some kind of waiting list?
There is now. Check the second post.

Eventually figure out builders' purpose.

Buy stairs carved into the side wall of the artifact chamber, going up. Purchase a hollowed out area where it leads, two tall by two deep by one wide, to serve as a bedroom. Purchase 5 torches.

Total cost should be:
5 - Stairs
4x5=20 - Bedroom
5 - Torches
-
30 total

The builders' purpose seems to be to build and provide food for themselves and their families with your gold. A few of them seem like slackers who are in for it for easy cash, but you would bet money that the older ones will get that straightened out right quick.

You tell them of your plans for a bedroom, and they ask you to be a bit more specific about which side you want the stairs on.

You forgot to add the two chains to my inventory or subtract the gold cost of my improvements, unless the builders forgot to charge me of course, I would be totally cool with that.

Bid the builders goodbye (and try to get those chains from them goddarnit) and walk outside and survey the surrounding landscape (but don't go so far that anything could sneak in and steal the artifact).

Attach the physical chains to the side by side walls with my powers. Materialize as many other chains as possible and bind myself up until something else interesting happens.
bluhbluh inventories.

You successfully attach the chains to the walls in a rudimentary manner. One of the builders snickers a bit at your crude work, but at least you didn't have to pay them for mounting them.

Outside, there appears to be a small village. The area immediately surrounding the cave mouth is charred and cracked, but a few meters out from there is fairly plentiful grassland, full of gazelle, rabbits, and other varying species.

You cast CHAINS OF ARNAK on yourself a couple times, just for the odd sensation of being completely unaffected by it. Woo. You are about to cast it again when a YOUNG JACKALOPE approaches the mouth of the cave. What do you do?

Spoiler: lemon10 (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2012, 11:21:54 pm »

Leftmost side of the chamber, when viewing the default map.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2012, 11:24:04 pm »

Beat the shit outa that zombie with my stick. Teach it respect! If I get hurt life drain it. Keep going until it is dead/obedient or I am getting seriously wounded.

Then summon more bodies.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2012, 11:30:52 pm »

"I'll just...check the surroundings."

Head > Grassland. If possible, hunt some animals for food?

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2012, 11:36:18 pm »

Leftmost side of the chamber, when viewing the default map.
The builders agree, and begin digging upward when one of them lets out a yelp. It would appear that they have found a hollow area approximately 4 meters up. Do you wish to investigate, or have them build past it?

Beat the shit outa that zombie with my stick. Teach it respect! If I get hurt life drain it. Keep going until it is dead/obedient or I am getting seriously wounded.

Then summon more bodies.
You whack the shit out of the zombie with your stick. After one blow, it realizes what kind of person it is up against and calms the hell down.
You have tamed a DECREPIT ZOMBIE! You have gained 3 DEFENDING EXPERIENCE!

You proceed to celebrate your recent dominion of a zombie by, of course, planning to make more of them. You manage to summon up a rabbit corpse and a cow corpse before accidentally summoning another zombie, which tries to eat your face just like the other one. Gorram zombies not knowing their place...
You are now fighting ANOTHER DECREPIT ZOMBIE.

"I'll just...check the surroundings."

Head > Grassland. If possible, hunt some animals for food?
You go outside, planning to do some hunting in the nearby grasslands. You are then caught completely by surprise when the surrounding environment is nothing but glacial tundra, with only small rodents running around to complement the small village nearby. A BRAVE, CHUBBY GROUND SQUIRREL comes up to your feet and chatters something. What do you do?
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2012, 11:39:59 pm »

Issera was surprised upon seeing the creature. In a...tundra. Wasn't this place warmer and nearer to sea-level?

"Aww, how cute!"

Expect it to bite me when I try to retrieve it as a pet.

Retrieve the squirrel as a...pet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2012, 11:43:55 pm »

Bastard zombies. Beat this one into submission as well, with the help of the other zombie if needed. Then raise the rabbit body into a loyal (loyalty by the stick if needed by dang gum!) zombie minion. Then experiment in communication with my zombies, can the human ones understand me? Can I understand them? Can the rabbit understand me? Can I understand it?

Edit: I'm not fully sure how thought out you have this game, so excuse me if I am intruding in your process, but you might want to think of a more robust and rigid turn structure so that the people who just happen to be on bay12 as the same time as you don't get some massive advantage.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:46:30 pm by Criptfeind »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2012, 12:04:52 am »

Issera was surprised upon seeing the creature. In a...tundra. Wasn't this place warmer and nearer to sea-level?

"Aww, how cute!"

Expect it to bite me when I try to retrieve it as a pet.

Retrieve the squirrel as a...pet.

Your expectations are completely met when the squirrel takes a sizable chunk out of your finger, and a moderate chunk out of your HEALTH TATTOO BAR. It then scampers off to nibble on the chunk of flesh it ripped off.

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

STAT UNLOCKED: HEALTH METER.

Bastard zombies. Beat this one into submission as well, with the help of the other zombie if needed. Then raise the rabbit body into a loyal (loyalty by the stick if needed by dang gum!) zombie minion. Then experiment in communication with my zombies, can the human ones understand me? Can I understand them? Can the rabbit understand me? Can I understand it?

Edit: I'm not fully sure how thought out you have this game, so excuse me if I am intruding in your process, but you might want to think of a more robust and rigid turn structure so that the people who just happen to be on bay12 as the same time as you don't get some massive advantage.
You attempt to stick it to the zombie like you did with the last one. You get a solid skull-whack in, but this one doesn't fall under your control like the last one. Instead, it decides to take a sizable chunk out of your arm. You see your HEALTH TATTOO BAR drop slightly before the zombie currently under your control spontaneously combusts. Hm. It would appear that your fellow necromancer does not approve of you taking his minions, even by accident.
You are still fighting ANOTHER DECREPIT ZOMBIE.

Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)

As for the 'massive advantage' thing, I don't think it will be too much of a problem. The odds that you will interact with other players very much are fairly low, so even if one person does fly up the power ladder, it won't be too much of a hassle to just throw stronger things at them while giving other people weaker monsters. But if you think I'm wrong, I'm entirely capable of adapting things to a more sturdy turn system.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2012, 12:06:30 am »

Fair enough.

Keep on wacking it. Until to death or obedience.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2012, 12:15:53 am »

"Accursed s &#@!"

An open wound, bleeding on the middle of her finger. Issera applied pressure to it to stifle any more bleeding.

"Get back here!"

Let the hunt begin!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12